Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc (38796 Views)

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates / On Biafra And Lower Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Mrval20(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2015
Dollyak:

Do you know my family or the kind of people I move with. Can you make a threat to Tinubu's children for instance? You get the idea. Some people are just that much more powerful than ordinary citizens.
Chill, there's no need for all that. This is just a forum.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Super1Star: 4:33pm On May 22, 2015
dckelvin:

typical Yoruba boy.
always looking for excuses to console themselves.
Smh

Who is consoling who? if this is the leader of your struggle, i cant but laugh.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by dckelvin(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2015
OohLalah:
Why do you people like to use South Africa in your dramas?

Anyway, US CONGRESS my backside. That is not a presentation to the US Congress. And the guy was terrible. He was suppose to make a comment he delivered an essay.
hahahahaha.
Oududuwa picking is back again.
I watch my lovely sister riped. you into pieces last night & now you are back for more.

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by bababuff(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
mad Yoruba girl. can't you live without the lower niger congress? mad and foolish people all over Yoruba land.

Hear this edeeot talk. Its obvious you will be a second class citizen in a Biafran country. Ode.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2015
barcanista:
You can only deceive others but not me. We know ourselves. Na we-we grin grin

gringringrin keep confessing...all the kpekus una knack will rise in judgement against you, and truck..
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by HzRF(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2015
sammyj:
GEJ has divided this country with sentiment more than any other government has done. My question for the people clamoring for this reforms are i. Will they have gone for this presentation if GEJ had won

ii. What happened to N.Delta elites and militant that has benefited from all the national of this so called failed Nigeria

iii. After we divide and go our separate ways what happened to the Nigerians that got married to different tribes ?

I rest my case if they have objective answers to this questions !!! cool tongue
M happy he did
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by AhmedMustapha(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2015
samsard:
LOL, Benue is developmentally backward enough already, unless we hit our own oil, i think we are too small to be a country.
This is what is killing Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 22, 2015
That is not how the United States Congress Room look.I have seen a lot of speeches delivered there like Netanyahu's speech, State of union address and so on. Before you attack me, I am not against any Groups need to leave Nigeria. I understand their plight with all the oil spills and government lack of interest in the development of their region. I wish them luck.

2 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

will mail you boss...

Pls do; I'm worried.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Truckpusher(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2015
barcanista:
You can only deceive others but not me. We know ourselves. Na we-we grin grin
Lmao grin grin
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by porka: 4:42pm On May 22, 2015
sammyj:
GEJ has divided this country with sentiment more than any other government has done. My question for the people clamoring for this reforms are i. Will they have gone for this presentation if GEJ had won

ii. What happened to N.Delta elites and militant that has benefited from all the national of this so called failed Nigeria

iii. After we divide and go our separate ways what happened to the Nigerians that got married to different tribes ?

[size=16pt]But you didn't ask any questions when Northern State Governors went to the US for a similar thing did you?

https://whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/03/19/ambassador-rice-meets-governors-nigeria[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 22, 2015
Dollyak:

By you looking like a poverty striken soldier, yeah right cheesy. Watch what you say boy. Internet might have equalised us, but don't get carried away by the virtual presence boi.
Thanks for using the word "Soldier" and not "thug" cos that would have been catastrophic
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by ohenhen1: 4:46pm On May 22, 2015
This is all about oil greed. After they break away, the tribes in SS and SE will continue to fight among each other.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by nwadiuko1(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2015
kogi2010:
Ready for war cos is not going to be easy dis time
no shot will be fired....it will be peaceful
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by PStacks(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2015
If Nigeria breaks up. Dreams of Flora Shaw would never be realised..

Truth is, there is nothing like a Nigerian Dream..

The Dream Nigeria was never conceived by Nigerians, it was conceived by Flora Shaw. She saw that thing Hausa igbo and yoruba are refusing to see.

She tapped into that vision of strength from unions.

She envisaged that great Black Nation that is differences of Tribe, religion, culture, tradition, ethnicity were put aside, there would be a sort of synergy of force to make nigeria the greatest black Nation ever..

But for whia!

Greedy people! Only Hausa Igbo Yoruba agenda on their mind.

2 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by nwadiuko1(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2015
BlueMagic2:
What are these f o o l s talking about. You don't represent me and i'm Ibo.
am IGBO who are you?

2 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 22, 2015
kogi2010:
Ready for war cos is not going to be easy dis time

Who told you? Please you will continue to stay with your hausa Ogas while we breakaway from this fraud called Nigeria!
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by obynaDmob(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2015
fpeter:

SPLIT...SPLIT...SPLIT

Hehehe...wetyn we noe go hear
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 22, 2015
Uncle u sef know na. You de enjoy de cherries and mangoes
Truckpusher:
Enjoy wetin? angry
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by nwadiuko1(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2015
Dollyak:

When it's all said and done, you are still a second class citizen in naija. If you know me or my family, you will know how stupid you look wink.
lol so childish.....who cares about knowing your family? Some nairaland kids tho

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by jkross(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2015
sammyj:

My brother I suggest you do your research before putting out stuffs in a public domain
GEJ did not divide Nigeria Gowan did..
Regions entered into an agreement to become a nation..against what was agreed he went ahead to creat states..that alone has done Nigeria more harm than good..
The issue of tribe and religious sentiments have been there right from the start even before GEJ was born..let me correct something about cross culture/ethnic marriage when the country is divided thats if it is divided people will still have their marriages in place..love knows no boundaries

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Deltagiant: 5:15pm On May 22, 2015
ohenhen1:
This is all about oil greed. After they break away, the tribes in SS and SE will continue to fight among each other.

Just like they fought each other before Nigeria came into being?

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by shurlermoz(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2015
Abeg make dem go form their own govt and make GEJ(their hero) the president, I am sure he will be able to transform that region and make it the envy of all.

Odua should come together too, we have enough to be whatever we want to be, either good or bad.

I believe the Hausa too can survive on their own, there is no force in friendship abeg.

A typical Igbo man always want Biafra so let them have it,its their right.

6 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by shurlermoz(m): 5:17pm On May 22, 2015
jkross:

My brother I suggest you do your research before putting out stuffs in a public domain
GEJ did not divide Nigeria Gowan did..
Regions entered into an agreement to become a nation..against what was agreed he went ahead to creat states..that alone has done Nigeria more harm than good..
The issue of tribe and religious sentiments have been there right from the start even before GEJ was born..let me correct something about cross culture/ethnic marriage when the country is divided thats if it is divided people will still have their marriages in place..love knows no boundaries

Abeg o, my wife na Naija Deltan and I'm not ready to let go.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by godwin120alex: 5:17pm On May 22, 2015
Jonathan did not cause division anywhere.Some of Jona pple enjoyed while he was in govt and dat is wat my pple d hausas have been enjoying since.And cos of d benefit of being in govt my pple d Hausas can do anytin to rule NG.if you go to all d ministries in Abuja you will be convinced dat d country we call NG is a sham.Ministries are occupied by majorly one part of d country yet d part is not producing 60 percent of NG revenue which d SS is doing
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 22, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin keep confessing...all the kpekus una knack will rise in judgement against you, and truck..
You no talk of the ones that will rise against Truckpusher
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 22, 2015
barcanista:
You no talk of the ones that will rise against Truckpusher

See comment!
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by mandarin: 5:26pm On May 22, 2015
[b][quote author=Hakagure post=33995885]Our twin bogeymen of Tribalism and corruption rear heads again, Hydras that multiply and become more and more. Some proposals more "chop I chop" rather than clear direction, confusion from nation states that never existed previously trying to create themselves in a new image.

How can tribes that operated on the clan level want to break up to the Tribal level? The only united entity immediately before British Colonialism was the Caliphate which had very little of the middle belt and basically co opted the Hausa City states which before them had Kano as the most important, What we know now as the South East was a loose confederacy at best, the Delta was even more piecemeal, Yoruba land was in the depths of a desperate civil war over autonomy, slavery and trade, Lagos was sacked by the British backed by the Egbas.

Yet now we speak of breaking Nigeria up. Aude Sapere, break it up till when? Who will lead the Igbo? Will an Ekiti man follow an Egba man? WIll an Ibadan man live in peace with an Ijebu man? Who will preside over an Ijaw council? A nomadic tribe that never had a major city? Will Kanem Borno who till this day do not have an Emir in Maiduguri follow the Sultanate? and spit on their freedom and history, Or will Kano decide they want a "fresh start" outside the influence of the current Sultan. Where does Nassarawa, Taraba, Gombe go? Nupe and Borgu form a bendel kingdom and will Bini rule over Ishan again?

Best thing for us is a federal system, non centralized with a figurehead president. Let every LGA (not state) every LGA should administer itself, and let the states provide some Guidance, states should not be split by Tribe (just encourages the the worse of the bogeymen, at least corruption never led to genocide)

Think for yourself and do not fall for what the narrative says.[/b]

I don't believe in your rhetorics. I think you culled that from somewhere and that line of thought is the worst of what Nigeria can descend to.Its so myopic that you are referring to over 140million people as yet developed to be able to build nations within the framework of their intelligentia, Please desit from such barbaric act.
The Yoruba was at a phase of their history when Europeans came and almost every great nation has passed through civil war or conflict before and it was a war of superiority. The Kanem Borno do not relate with the Caliphate because its islamic history predate that of the Caliphate, its about superiority. Kanem Borno, Benin and Yoruba empires existed for over 500years each and so you cannot accuse such people as lacking in historical substance in nation building.

I think ,until the 21st century, the Igbo are people that evolved relatively as one due to European ethnic classification and the deep divisions within their rank is probably linked to the fact that there was not a unifying kingdom/empire that united the people in the last 500 years.But, if the people say they want to be a nation, who can stop a 30million strong people when they are resolute, Nothing.

I am an advocate of a regional government, may be this agitation will help Nigeria evolve into such an egalitarian society.However, I will point out that the path of peace is the best and its a long one that will take a resolutely determined Igbo people to achieve it which will include forming political parties that will be nationalistic and stop seeking for relevance within the Nigeria political sphere. It will also mean that referendum may be the option which mean that the possibility of achieving united front and borders with 'fringe' Igbo states in Delta and Rivers is slim as those people can focus on their own separate dreams.

The last point here is that the Igbo may be interested in knowing how much market they can lose in case it happens eventually. With the way their positions are being touted retaining many of their young traders in other countries will be so slim and so they must make the return of over 15million souls back home within a short period and say bye bye to a market of over 120million buyers.
Imagine U.S saying yes to this request and supporting it at the UN, its a way also for the Yoruba, the Ijaw, and various Niger Delta groups to evolve in their small countries or merge, may be Biafra may become an all Igbo exclusive nation.

I wish you the best

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 22, 2015
dearpreye:

See comment!
And the ones that will testify against you
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Truckpusher(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2015
dearpreye:

See comment!
Those end time children won't destroy me.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by hulega(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2015
Dollyak:

My mum is from Imo, while dad is from Osun.
From this video, you will see none of his points are strong enough to demand a breakaway from the country. The first step I would've expected was a reform of the constitution, so that things like fiscal federalism can be implemented.

FYI, I am a neutral in this whole saga. As long as the south can break free from the leeches in the north, then I could careless which ever way it pans out.
First, you can not claim to be neutral, as you were interested enough to say something. That invalidates your claim to neutrality. Secondly, the south breaking free of the leeches from the north is only wishful thinking for obvious reasons.
Re: Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Those end time children won't destroy me.

Haha haha. As in ehhnnn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Attend Fayemi’s Inauguration – Fayose / I Don’t Deserve This From APC Because I Helped Them To Power, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki / Fresh Ambush: When and How APC will finally remove Ekweremadu..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.