Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates (56252 Views)

Between This Man And His Fiancee’s Backside In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Fitness Motivator Grabs His Fiancee's Butt In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Man And His Fiancee's Bum In Doggie Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Moana(f): 9:15pm On May 25, 2015
bosun11:
As a lady , if u dating a guy and u ate from his pot in his house and cant wash d plate , u might end up loosing such a guy . "Courtesy demands you wash the plates " being the lady....Its as simple as that
you are better off losing a guy who belittles the role of a woman. Its as simple as that, let him be another woman's headache.

4 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by khia: 9:15pm On May 25, 2015
RedBenson:

Does the word "a fiancee" refer to a visitor?

Yes, she is a visitor in his BROTHER'S home, it would be different if it was his home.
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 25, 2015
suzzy16:
and straightening d sheet means what,a good fiancée bah

No it doesn't mean that, it simply means good hygienic habits.

Imagine I am on leave, I decide to pay my elder brother a visit

A week later his fiancee comes visiting, and has dinner with us, then leaves her dishes in the sink for me to wash.

I trust myself sha, I go just siddon dey watch TV till my brother go wash the plates by himself.

If he coughs, I will give him a piece of my mind and get a hotel to spend the night... What nonsense.

Women are not slaves, neither are younger brothers. If she could use it, she could at least clean her own and her fiancee's dish.

I personally don't allow girlfriends use my kitchen, but when you get upgraded to fiancee 1.0 walai you better act the part otherwise na to uninstall straight. I nor fit for 'had I known'

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by emperorchedda(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2015
Moana:
i didnt see anywhere where the OP said she visits the house daily? Please show me
so because it was a one time incident it means it will be repeated? Are u not being prejudicious? how sure are you that she wasnt the one who prepared the meal they all ate?
you were the person that initially concluded she did it just once, it could have been a deed that was likely to reoccur so the brother did well to put her in a place.

Even if she prepared the meal, doing the dishes should go with preparing the meal

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by suzzy16(f): 9:17pm On May 25, 2015
cold:

It's a reflection of oneself. I honestly can't stand untidy people (i'll refrain from using dirty). But like i said,maybe it's just me. Others might see it differently.
if she choose to do it,fine,if she didn't want to,d guy can do it,as both of them slept together on d bed,and nt as if d lady is living there
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by suzzy16(f): 9:20pm On May 25, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

No it doesn't mean that, it simply means good hygienic habits.

Imagine I am on leave, I decide to pay my elder brother a visit

A week later his fiancee comes visiting, and has dinner with us, then leaves her dishes in the sink for me to wash.

I trust myself sha, I go just siddon dey watch TV till my brother go wash the plates by himself.

If he coughs, I will give him a piece of my mind and get a hotel to spend the night... What nonsense.

Women are not slaves, neither are younger brothers. If she could use it, she could at least clean her own and her fiancee's dish.

I personally don't allow girlfriends use my kitchen, but when you get upgraded to fiancee 1.0 walai you better act the part otherwise na to uninstall straight. I nor fit for 'had I known'

as far as guys u guys re nt married yet,she can do as she pleases
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by nwadiuko1(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2015
I think the three of them messed up

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by deebrain(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2015
Lets bet some money on this...

The bros (elder brother) will come back after his marriage to the woman, and with the help of someone, will post his marital issues on nairaland, complaining that "his wife suddenly became someone he does not know again, bla bla bla"..

I give them 4 1/2 years in that marriage if she does not adjust her character!

Any man that does not see any issue with this case of lack of character (of the wife to be), to the point of turning against one of your family, is not wise-at all.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Moana(f): 9:21pm On May 25, 2015
emperorchedda:

Even if she prepared the meal, doing the dishes should go with preparing the meal
This is the most delusional thing i have ever heard. This is not her house or her father's house neither is she the maid. If she cooks in her house thats she is not hers or not employed, there is no duty on her to wash the dishes.
The same way the guy will not be entitled to any husband duties towards her until they are actually married.
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by khia: 9:21pm On May 25, 2015
babygirlfl:
A guest is a guest and should be taken care of. She is a guest and should be looked after. If she lived there, then she could do some chores.

When I have guest whether young or old or an in law, I host them appropriately. When people live with me, then they can do chores.

Some men say they left/will leave a woman who does what the fiancee did. Women, these kind of men are men you should run away from unless you are of course one of these women who believe in becoming a cleaner for their in laws. When there are men who want to treat you like a partner, why settle for backward thinking men.

10000000% on point. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 25, 2015
freecocoa:
If only you know.
*in ygritte's voice* you know nothing Redbenson.grin
Nothing to know. You're hopelessly single.

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by freecocoa(f): 9:23pm On May 25, 2015
Ibsgal:

All seriousness aside, I love that GOT reference.
cool
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Moana(f): 9:24pm On May 25, 2015
babygirlfl:
A guest is a guest and should be taken care of. She is a guest and should be looked after. If she lived there, then she could do some chores.

When I have guest whether young or old or an in law, I host them appropriately. When people live with me, then they can do chores.

Some men say they left/will leave a woman who does what the fiancee did. Women, these kind of men are men you should run away from unless you are of course one of these women who believe in becoming a cleaner for their in laws. When there are men who want to treat you like a partner, why settle for backward thinking men.

bless you

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 25, 2015
nepp:

You weren't raised right. At all. I'm sorry

The problem with nigerian men are nigerian parents. They fail to raise their MALE kids right

How? So men should begin to do women things before you women would see men as rightly raised? Who should wash plates in the real sense? Be sincere to yourself.
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by babygirlfl: 9:26pm On May 25, 2015
khia:

10000000% on point. cheesy

Thanks
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by babygirlfl: 9:27pm On May 25, 2015
Moana:
bless you

Amen and thanks
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2015
Moana:
you are better off losing a guy who belittles the role of a woman. Its as simple as that, let him be another woman's headache.

Doing the used dishes equates "belittling the role of a woman"?
Pray tell, miss, what is belittling about it and what is a woman's role?

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 25, 2015
After doing all these to please some guys; those same guys will still come out and say 'if I don't want to marry you, if u lyk, wash my grandpa's plates, I still won't marry you' ........and this would be after she's toiled to please him. .......well that's guys for you.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by freecocoa(f): 9:29pm On May 25, 2015
RedBenson:

Nothing to know. You're hopelessly single.
You are just a dolt, how can you know? Being single is not a bad thing btw, some people actually are, by choice, grow some sense my friend, it really doesn't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 25, 2015
gunners160:
Hmm,It sims u guys dnt undstand the story .The elder broda owns the house nd d younger broda stays with him since he is a student. THE YOUNGA BRODA BROUGHT A lady to D house,ate with D lady and Left the plate. AFTER eating,the lady left the house leaving the plate unwashed.The elder brother challenged the younger 1 instead of apologising he got angry and wanted to fight is elder brother. . .

From which angle did you read your own to arrive at this?

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by khia: 9:30pm On May 25, 2015
RedBenson:

By all ramifications, it's wrong, very very wrong for a lady to eat and leave the plate for an in-law, a male in-law for that matter to come wash the plate. Dont you have respect for men folks? If you try that, it means you can as well leave the plate you ate for your husband to come wash it while you cross your legs at the sitting room watching nollywood movie. If he agrees to do this, then the next you remind him of your undies that had been soaked for days and need to be washed and get dried.

Is washing dishes like kryptonite to Nigerian men? grin Man, you guys make yourselves look very lazy and entitled

4 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2015
Obviously there are some (pseudo-)feminists on this thread. It's time to remind them of the harsh reality of their existence.

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Ibsgal(f): 9:36pm On May 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Obviously there are some (pseudo-)feminists on this thread.
It's time to remind them of the harsh reality of their existence.

Do tell, what is the harsh reality of our existence?

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by nwadiuko1(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2015
freecocoa:
You are a disgrace to whatever schools you attended, you are so shallow, the ignorance oozing from you is stinking up the whole place, you don't even know the definition of a visitor, I could go there everyday for all you know but I remain a visitor as long as I don't live there, you slowpoke.

I guess 'husband' is what it all boils down to in your small mind, your kind should not be allowed to raise children(especially girls) tufiakwa.
I think that word" visitor" in the Nigerian context does not really mean what you think it means.......well I erm stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by NobleG1(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2015
RedBenson:
A neighbourhood brother was seriously angry with his younger bro this morning when he realised that the plates his fiancee ate with when she visited last night was not washed by his younger brother.

The guy may have purposely refused to wash the plates because he believes it's an insult for a lady (be it his senior or junior) to have eaten from a plate and lacked the basic womanly manners to leave it unwashed.

Since the dude who's a student and well over 25yrs realised that a lady, who should be respecting men would rather try to bring him down to that extent and had thus refused to wash the plates.

This issue actually caused an uproar between the two brothers up to the point the elder brother was telling the younger one "finish your school asap and leave my house...nonsense".

Well, the elder brother later went and washed the plates furiously angry without his sibling. The fact that he even supported the lady on such act is what surprised everyone.

The question is, what RIGHT does a lady (be it a wife or fiancee) have to keep the plates she ate with for her brother in-law to come wash for her? Who should rather do that to who? Smh @women of nowadays. No iota of manners in them again.

This may be the first time the fiancee left her plate unwashed, people do forget stuff. The younger brother should have shown maturity by washing it. His elder brother is housing, feeding and probably sponsoring his studies, so washing a plate is not too much to ask for, after all, he washes his brother's dirty plates. Moreover, in Nigerian tradition, it's usually the youngest who washes plates when there's no maid. He could have complained to his brother than leaving the unwashed plate.

On the other hand, the fiancee should try to not forget to wash her plates. Her unwashed plate just created a problem between this two brothers and I'm sure she wouldn't want that. The elder brother on his part should tell his fiancee to always wash her plate after eating. If everyone clean their own mess, there won't be any problem.

By the way, a visitor is a visitor. Visitors are not allowed to wash their plates. Maybe her being a fiancee disqualifies her as a visitor. I don't know. I'm just saying.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by khia: 9:36pm On May 25, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

Hoe-kay

Wow!! Because she doesn't like doing dishes you call her a hoe, what kind of culture is this?

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by nepp(f): 9:37pm On May 25, 2015
RedBenson:

How? So men should begin to do women things before you women would see men as rightly raised? Who should wash plates in the real sense? Be sincere to yourself.
You shouldn't "label" people! There's nothing like "women things" and "men things". In my opinion it's okay for a woman to love sports, do heavy lifting, be a car enthusiast etc. It's also okay for a man to cook, love fashion, clean up etc. It only makes us human. We shouldn't label people!

3 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 25, 2015
BabaOneChance:

Ok, now I think I understand ur point of view, but before I conclude on that, let me just ask this: how would you view this issue if this had been the lady's first time of visiting?

Bros I personally make it a point of duty to cook for my first time visiting girlfriends. It usually drives home the point of what is expected.

First time even tenth time, as long as she is still in girlfriend zone, my kitchen is a no no for her.

The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach grin grin grin I nor dey play rough play reach there.

My problem is that the lady is no longer the typical visitor, she is now a familiar spirit cheesy cheesy cheesy
She should be free to do some chores around the house she plans on living after marriage. Abi the 'fiancee' na just for mouth?

Let me give you another story. I had this friend who was living in the elder brothers house after graduation, and he really enjoys cooking.
The elder brothers fiancee would come and he would cook, while she would be in the room playing romance with the brother.

Now food is ready, she comes out and serves herself and this very humble fellow clears the kitchen.

She didnt see anything wrong with it, even the elder brother didnt see anything wrong with it. He was an easy going person so he felt maybe it's because she was still a fiancee/visitor cos she usually comes from Lagos.

When they eventually got married, that was when this lady really showed this guy her true color. She would buy things from the market and be waiting for this guy to prepare the meals. Now my friend started getting angry, but it was already too late, the lady had been given the impression that he was okay with the arrangement. When he tried to point it out to his elder brother, he took sides with the wife. My friend just adviced himself and moved back to their parents house, before a girl he is quite older than turns him to househelp because he was being nice.

So Bros I have seen this kind of scenario play out before, if the younger brother doesn't make his statement now, he should be ready to keep serving that lady.

No properly brought up lady will finish eating, (am not even saying she should cook o) and leave HER plates in the sink for anyone to wash, let alone a grown man of over 25 years. While she calls herself someone's fiancee. That sp called elder brother needs deliverance.

Personally I would have jokingly talked my younger bro to clear the dishes. I will not subject him to such insults just because I pay his fees, just like I will not compel my fiancee to wash my younger brothers dish, simply because she is a woman.

Everyone must understand his/her place, I don't take rubbish from ladies, fiancee or not. undecided

2 Likes

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 25, 2015
repogirl:
okay, so..... What if it had been the other way around? If it had been the younger brother who had come visiting and left his plates, I guess it would have been okay for her to wash it?

For me, I believe she was wrong but doesn't mean the younger brother is right either. It is obvious he has no respect for his brothers wife to be. If he respects the brother, he has to extend the same to the wife to be.

Dassall!

Cut me some cracks i beg. Women have been using this line to confused men's mind. A brother has some percentage of respect for his elder bro and some for his wife/fiancee...not same. A woman should know her limits.
Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 25, 2015
suzzy16:
as far as guys u guys re nt married yet,she can do as she pleases

Just as I can also replace or add to her as I please cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:41pm On May 25, 2015
freecocoa:
You are just a dolt, how can you know? Being single is not a bad thing btw, some people actually are, by choice, grow some sense my friend, it really doesn't hurt.

Just true-to-type. When confronted with well-articulated facts or compounding questions, you lots resort to being vituperative and hurling scathing invectives. As predictable as clockwork.smiley

1 Like

Re: He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 25, 2015
So it is just because of a mere dirty plate that is why Nl men are tearing their singlets and boxers? Buhahahahahaha. No wonder they nag all day about women. They are always having women problems. grin

You all are sizing up a lady by how well she can wash plates for you to conclude if she is wife material even when she isnt married to you but you all lament and pull this site down when ladies size you up by your pockets and bank accounts? Hypocrites! Ladies, if you follow the unstable nature of the mouth of men like Nl men here, you will be forever lost o! No dey follow their mouth because 90% of the time they are confused. What they are looking for in ladies doesnt exist.

And what is in washing a plate your partner ate in? It is only on Nl i am seeing that doing dishes is a female job o. What a backward site! All the males here who are students, do u hire maids to wash your plates? When u get male visitors, do u tell them to wash your plates? You who dnt have sisters at home but only brothers, who washes the plates? Continue deceiving una selves for here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Man Tries To Force A Ring On His Girlfriend’s Finger As She Rejects His Proposal / Ladies: Have You Played Hard To Get And Later Regretted It? / Pre-wedding Pictures That Will Make You Want To Marry Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.