Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,134 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You (36202 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2009
Why the hell should I prove to you that I know about percentiles and percentages? Bloody idiot! I have been mentioning quartiles all this while and your bovine brain does not understand that when we talk about quartiles, we are talking about percentiles

So why then did you calculate arithmetic averages and percentages in excel when you could have simply determine the moving range (mean) and set the upper and lower limits (if you know what they are) and validate the claim of these charts? quartiles do not mean anything when you do not have the range, dummy! Can someone from SE please explain statistics to Mr Dumb and Dumber? I am not a statistician but I know more than enough to be dangerous and your theory of mathematical calculations to explain data sets does not impress me. Maybe you impress other people with your box of dead weight bricks, not me.

Mumu, you are not savvy in data manipulation. What you do is you calculate percentile for the test scores and then sort and filter by state to determine ranking. You don't calculate percentile based on the number of states, that is not big enough sample base to give you a statistically high confidence level. This is why I said that the data as it is presented is not sufficiently controlled to give stastical accuracy. But you did not understand that. . .you lacked simple understanding what I meant by the statement.

I do not have to present any statistical calculation here, there is no data for me to do it and vouch for the result. You want me to follow you into stupidhood by repeating you error with arithmetic and mathematical representation. Your pressure does not hold value. I could tell from your responses that you have not been doing stastistical analysis in your excel, heck you said
Why should we talk about percentiles for a data set containing only 36 states? Any normal person would rather talk about quintiles, deciles or quartiles
. So if you had 100 states then you would have calculated test score percentile for them, right? Yeah, SE, that's exactly the region you should represent!

Dranoel,

Thank you for that information. This goes back to the conclusion that you can make data say anything you want depending on your target audience and the message you are advocating.

If I have the full data set with all the limits I can generate a statistical report that will lend credibility to the claim that SouthEast is struggling to reinsert itself back into mainstream Nigeria and that policy is reflected in the surge in University enrollment. You can make datasets say anything you want but there are rules to plotting the deviation charts and that rule was violated here on this topic. Hence the charts are unreliable, although the message of propaganda is loud and clear.

Dude, do you even know what you are saying? Village empires but the British and portuguese raided their art works cause it beats anything they ever saw. They fought the British portuguese hard when they came. Stop being critically ignorant . And what empire or system of Government was there in your region? New York? Abeg bros forget that thing!

Dede,

9ja beat me to it! I heard there was a Igbo Empire. Is that true? cool
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
Dede1:

Of course, I understood my package and the way it is delivered. Besides, you are a big and forgettable disappointment to mankind. How could you still yarn crap after you have been taken to the dry cleaners? The only comprehensible word you posted to the context of this issue is “raided”.

In my region, the forebears practiced system of government known as “democracy”. Remember there were different systems of governments. The people were very egalitarian and had no use of one drunken buffoon ordering them around. My forbearers were very much advanced that they opted for democracy instead of monarchy. The present day colonial contraption called Nigeria is having nightmarish days to practice the system of government my forbearers drank palm-wine while deliberating. 

By the way, it takes a well organized upstairs to run a representative type of government. Are you on a hallucinating drug to infer that village empires “fought” the British and Portuguese? The correct operative word for the sentence would have been “capitulated”. 

@Nuts of Negro

Please read the above handout too.

You see, he has resorted to insults again. Stop lying about the past of your people. There was a system of government. And yes, the Yorubas fought the Portuguese and British go to the Oba's palace in Lagos for more information. When you choose to call Oyo and Benin empires "Village Empires", was there a city empire at this time? to the best of my knowledge, Timbuktu, Ghana, Ife, Benin were all centers of African's emerging civilizations after Egypt before the Arabs destroyed Timbuktu and Songhai giving way for Ghana to be conquered and allowing the Europeans and Arabs to get further deep into west Africa. So again, I repeat, we were organized before Arab and European's invasions. So stop lying and trying to discredit a great empire simply cause of tribal differences.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
How many times will I expose this buffoon. Negro, check your agidi level sharp sharp. I will certainly not go and argue with a Doctor about medicine because I am no Doctor. One thing I am though, is a Mathematician.

Negro_Ntns:

So why then did you calculate arithmetic averages and percentages in excel when you could have simply determine the moving range (mean) and set the upper and lower limits (if you know what they are) and validate the claim of these charts?

You can only calculate moving range with continuous data. Idiot! Oya, calculate moving range with just 2008 data, let me see!

Don't worry, next time, I will not only find moving average for you, I will predict future volatility using Heston model, just for you, so that the rest of Nairaland will be befuddled. Idiot!

Negro_Ntns:

quartiles do not mean anything when you do not have the range, dummy! Can someone from SE please explain statistics to Mr Dumb and Dumber? I am not a statistician but I know more than enough to be dangerous and your theory of mathematical calculations to explain data sets does not impress me. Maybe you impress other people with your box of dead weight bricks, not me.

Only an idiot like you needs range in order to understand the quartile.

Who is trying to impress you? I simply calculated percentage performance of states, and you came here saying my analysis is fraudulent. Oya, prove it!

Negro_Ntns:

You don't calculate percentile based on the number of states, that is not big enough sample base to give you a statistically high confidence level.

After gallavanting around, you stupidly come back to agree with the earlier statement I made:

Ibime:

Why should we talk about percentiles for a data set containing only 36 states? Any normal person would rather talk about quintiles, deciles or quartiles (as I did!). Idiot!

Yeah, thats right, 36 states is too small a sample set to be talking about percentiles when we can just as easily represent the data in deciles or quartiles. Doofus!

When will you give up? Or do you like to argue for the sake of argument? You are doing nothing but entrenching my perception of your stupidity.

(1.) First, you came on talking about "attribute control" which is completely irrelevant to the data we have been presented with. I quickly silenced you on that.

(2.) So, you decided to change tack and started talking about process testing. Again, I showed you that process testing is for continuous data, not the static 2008 data we have been given. Again, I silenced you on that.

(3.) Next, you started asking me why I didn't use percentiles. After I shot that down in flames, you yourself turned 360 degrees to concede thus:

Negro_Ntns:

You don't calculate percentile based on the number of states, that is not big enough sample base to give you a statistically high confidence level.

So why were you asking me for it in the first place? Did you even understand the data?

Do you even have a phocking argument? Sciolistic idiot!

What are you going to come up with next? Maybe you will ask me why I didn't use Wiener process to describe the data. Fool!

Negro_Ntns:

I do not have to present any statistical calculation here, there is no data for me to do it and vouch for the result.  You want me to follow you into stupidhood by repeating you error with arithmetic and mathematical representation.  Your pressure does not hold value.

Sharrap! Present something! The data we have allows us to do basic statistic calculations such as percentages, mean, median, variance etc. Produce just one of these!

Look at this idiot questioning me over simple percentages. Pesin like me wey dey solve iterative P.D.E's for excel. I produce simple percentage for you and you dey misyarn. If I do simple addition for you, will that make you conclude that addition is the limit of my knowledge? Idiot!

GTFOH! How many times do I have to expose your floundering knowledge on issues?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Dede,

9ja beat me to it! I heard there was a Igbo Empire. Is that true? cool

Nuts of Negro

I am not surprise that you missed the handout given to your cellmate at the lunatic asylum. The trend you have established on this forum left nobody in doubts about skipping issues that matter so much in your sorry arse life.

Having egalitarian society, Ndigbo had much more important issues dominating their time than organizing village empires. Rather than allowed a lucky drunkard as Oba or Emir, Ndigbo opted for democracy.

Believe you me, only a benevolent spirit would have saved your forbearers from empire raiders if they had an Oba who reasons, thinks, drinks, womanizes, forgets, runs away from reality, masturbates, shuns knowledge and flaunts ignorance in the public such as you do. Who needs a village empire when a dimwit such as you is a probable crown prince?

The jungle called Nigeria is paying a heavy price because of the remnants of such village empires in the northern region of Nigeria. Large majority of the dullards, aka, sons of the Emirs who were given free passage into the Nigerian armed forces eventually found themselves on the corridor power in the jungle.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2009
Dede1:

Nuts of Negro

I am not surprise that you missed the handout given to your cellmate at the lunatic asylum. The trend you have established on this forum left nobody in doubts about skipping issues that matter so much in your sorry arse life.

Having egalitarian society, Ndigbo had much more important issues dominating their time than organizing village empires. Rather than allowed a lucky drunkard as Oba or Emir, Ndigbo opted for democracy.

Believe you me, only a benevolent spirit would have saved your forbearers from empire raiders if they had an Oba who reasons, thinks, drinks, womanizes, forgets, runs away from reality, masturbates, shuns knowledge and flaunts ignorance in the public such as you do. Who needs a village empire when a dimwit such as you is a probable crown prince?

The jungle called Nigeria is paying a heavy price because of the remnants of such village empires in the northern region of Nigeria. Large majority of the dullards, aka, sons of the Emirs who were given free passage into the Nigerian armed forces eventually found themselves on the corridor power in the jungle.

Dude, can't you just say something without insulting people? Every African tribe that has a settlement, have a system of government with a elder in it. So are you saying the word, Igwe was invented less than 80years ago? undecided undecided undecided undecided. Yes, Yorubas had kings but the king never had any influence on their lives. They still trade, go to farms and live their lives how they want. Stop trying to make people look bad. The Northerners also had empires too. The world famous Nok culture of art was invented their. Everyone has pros and cons. Stop trying discredit them.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2009
9jaganja:

You see, he has resorted to insults again. Stop lying about the past of your people. There was a system of government. And yes, the Yorubas fought the Portuguese and British go to the Oba's palace in Lagos for more information. When you choose to call Oyo and Benin empires "Village Empires", was there a city empire at this time? to the best of my knowledge, Timbuktu, Ghana, Ife, Benin were all centers of African's emerging civilizations after Egypt before the Arabs destroyed Timbuktu and Songhai giving way for Ghana to be conquered and allowing the Europeans and Arabs to get further deep into west Africa. So again, I repeat, we were organized before Arab and European's invasions. So stop lying and trying to discredit a great empire simply cause of tribal differences.

Your drivels on this forum are increasingly becoming hilarious. From every indication, you are a drooling novice and can not slide through as a student of elementary school history class.

Please lift your sorry dirty arse and embark on adventurous trips like I did. If you think that the so-called Benin Empire is bigger than present day Benin City, then you are a complete waste of human endeavor.

The remnants of what used to be the walls that protected Benin Empire from outside inversion could not have stopped the soldier ants. The scenario is applied to all village empires across the length and width of Africa.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by asha80(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2009
Dude, can't you just say something without insulting people? Every African tribe that has a settlement, have a system of government with a elder in it. So are you saying the word, Igwe was invented less than 80years ago?    . Yes, Yorubas had kings but the king never had any influence on their lives. They still trade, go to farms and live their lives how they want. Stop trying to make people look bad. The Northerners also had empires too. The world famous Nok culture of art was invented their. Everyone has pros and cons. Stop trying discredit them.

Yes the igwe syndrome started at the time the british came to igboland and instituonalized warrant chiefs syndrome.It used to be[i] umunna[/i] council of elders.I am not sure though about some parts of the present delta state that are igbo speaking and onitsha.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2009
You can only calculate moving range with continuous data. Idiot! Oya, calculate moving range with just 2008 data, let me see!

One year data (2008) is not sufficient evidence that SE is consistently beating SW in school enrollment.  You need historical data to come to that conclusion.  Without historical data, you do not have control limits.  Without the limits you cannot stastistically validate the argument.  C'est Finis!  If it's not a continous data what do you call the stastistical charts report going back 7 years to 2002?  

If you go by the 7 year historical data from 2002, then you must determine the range and the limits.  Otherwise your shameless arithmetic quartiles will lead to infinity. . .  If 20,000 students take JAMB and there is placement for only 10,000, then since you are analysing enrollment, your base is the 10,000 that will get admission, not the entire 20,000 that made the test score because 10,000 will remain behind un-enrolled.  What else do you have to say in justification of your arithmetic quartiles, dummy?  The 7 year continous data, does it have limits or not and if it does where are they?  

Don't worry, next time, I will not only find moving average for you, I will predict future volatility using Heston model, just for you, so that the rest of Nairaland will be befuddled. Idiot!

Mumu, step out of wikipedia and google.  You are famous for arguing theories that are abundant and openly available to all and sundry.  I want you to exercise your intellect, not your acquisition of click here, read here lessons from google.  

Who is trying to impress you? I simply calculated percentage performance of states, and you came here saying my analysis is fraudulent. Oya, prove it!

Oh my God!  This sheep is still repeating his fu-k--ng error!  The calculation must be done on the data set for the test scores, the raw data. . .not for the states!  Only after getting the percentiles from test scores do you concern yourself with states.  You set attributes for how you want the percentile datagram to be represented. . .by state? . . .by gender? . . .by religion? . . .etc,  since we are talking about state, so you choose state and then you sort in ascending or descending order and then filter to produce the ranking.  You can also do it using pivot tables.  

You are a mathematician? Really?  You are a shame to the prestige and honor of that discipline.   cool  

Yeah, thats right, 36 states is too small a sample set to be talking about percentiles when we can just as easily represent the data in deciles or quartiles. Doofus!

You better look in the mirror for your doofus. . .what data?  If I hear you say number of states once more, afterall I have coached you. . . undecided

When will you give up? Or do you like to argue for the sake of argument? You are doing nothing but entrenching my perception of your  my stupidity

You damn right are stupid!

(1.) First, you came on talking about "attribute control" which is completely irrelevant to the data we have been presented with. I quickly silenced you on that.

(2.) So, you decided to change tack and started talking about process testing. Again, I showed you that process testing is for continuous time-dependent data, not the static 2008 data we have been given. Again, I silenced you on that.

(3.) Next, you started asking me why I didn't use percentiles. After I shot that down in flames, you yourself turned 360 degrees to concede thus:

It is incoceivable that you are a mathematician and cannot sustain complex abstracts in your mind without loosing focus and panicking.  You need medication for your ADD.   Go back and review the threads to refresh your memory. . . you are lost in there somewhere.

Sharrap! Present something! The data we have allows us to do basic statistic calculations such as percentages, mean, median, variance etc. Produce just one of these!

I don't need to.  If you come to the market with a box full of bricks at the price of wide screen tv and I call you out as a fraud, and I proved that you are a fraud, then I am not now obligated to compensate your loss for loosing customers. You need to cover your face in shame and depart the marketplace.  You are a fraud and a disgrace to Statistics. . .and in fact Mathematics!

The data you have will not produce accurate statistical report with sufficient confidence level to satisfy the claim "SE OUTPERFORMS SW IN UNIVERSITY ENROLLMENT", which was the whole discourse of this post.  Like I said before and I will say it again to my SW brothers and sisters, Ibime is a fraud, along with his SE cohorts trying to replace truth with falsehood by selling you statistical bu-lshit to create chaos!  

Do you recall my first response to your post?  In case you forgot, here it is. . .  

Ibime, I like what you said about statistics being a indicator for social planning, you should add that in the wrong hands it could become a tool for social chaos.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2009
Negro Nuts,

I am done arguing.

No be today wey we start JAMB analysis. We have studied the figures from 2002 JAMB on previous threads and the trend is definitely in favour of the SS and SE.

Negro_Ntns:

If you come to the market with a box full of bricks at the price of wide screen tv and I call you out as a fraud, and I proved that you are a fraud, then I am not now obligated to compensate your loss for loosing customers. You need to cover your face in shame and depart the marketplace.  You are a fraud and a disgrace to Statistics. . .and in fact Mathematics!

Show the fraud!

We are tired of you talking around the subject like lawmakers.

In which way did I misrepresent the data?

I will give you the link again:

http://www.jambng.com/subject/MATHS.pdf

Disprove my percentages. I did not claim that my analysis was the only statistical measure, after all I only looked at failure rates and distinction rates, but it is by all means a statistic measure, and in no way is it fraudulent.

Negro_Ntns:

Oh my God!  This sheep is still repeating his fu-k--ng error!  The calculation must be done on the data set for the test scores, the raw data. . .not for the states!  Only after getting the percentiles from test scores do you concern yourself with states.  You set attributes for how you want the percentile datagram to be represented. . .by state? . . .by gender? . . .by religion? . . .etc,  since we are talking about state, so you choose state and then you sort in ascending or descending order and then filter to produce the ranking.  You can also do it using pivot tables.   

You took long enough to make yourself clear. Not percentiles of one state against the other as I assumed you were talking about. . . . but percentiles ascribed to the performance of individuals within a state. . . . .OK, you have won back some respect. . . . but lets assume we wanted to assign percentiles to the performance of individuals within a state. . . .  don't you think that only an idiot would be asking for intra-state percentiles when we are given the data in blocks of 10 (eg no of students who scored between 50 and 60, 60 and 70 etc). Only an idiot would go around talking about percentiles when presented with data in that format. Any normal person will simply do what I have done and represent the data in Percentage ranking.

Intuitively, just by looking at the data, I can tell you Rivers State will outperform all other states even if you look at the percentiles? Why? because they have the lowest percentage of failures and the highest percentage of A's. It will take a voluminous data shift toward the lower end of the pass mark for any other state to eclipse Rivers State.

Again, This is the link JAMB provided for us:

There are many ways of analysing the data, not just by looking at the percentage A's and the percentage failures of each state as I have done. Show us one of the numerous ways of analysing the data.

Lets see if you are a man of your word or a punk.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
No be today wey we start JAMB analysis. We have studied the figures from 2002 JAMB on previous threads and the trend is definitely in favour of the SS and SE.

I'm sure, but today may be the last time for you. Unless you steer clear of using arithmetic to explain statistics you will not obtain accurate representation, expecially when comparing performance year over year and if you have done that in the past, then I sympathise for people who used your data report to make decisions.

In which way did I misrepresent the data?

I will give you the link again:

Disprove my percentages. I did not claim that my analysis was the only statistical measure, but it is by all means a statistic measure, and in no way is it fraudulent.

Look, I am not disputing your ability to do mathematical calculations for average and median and all that. . .most elementary students can do that, but I do dispute your inability to question the fallacy in the charts and data posted to highlight the claim made by the topic of this discussion. If you see the error and failed to call it, then you have supported the falsehood in the claim. If you see the error, failed to call it and then went on to put your credit on the line for its accuracy by further expanding the realm of error then you are a fraud. . .for concealing the initial falsehood and by propagating additional layers of falsehood atop of it.

You took long enough to make yourself clear. Not percentiles of one state against the other as I assumed you were talking about. . . . but percentiles ascribed to the performance of individuals within a state. . . . .OK, you have won back some respect. . . .

You assumed wrong! My respect never went anywhere.

You are still not getting it. . . Ibime, why can't your mind sort through complex ideas and you need step by step explanation to paint the picture? I know it's not me because the same thing I am getting ready to say Debo already laid it out in numbered steps on page 1.

Here it is. . .in order to give accuracy we must assertain certain things.

1. What years are we looking to tabulate and compare?
This was from 2002 to 2008. Actually 6 years and not 7, I was mistaken.

2. For 2002,
. . . what were the total number of students registered to take JAMB?
. . . what is the pass score? If it's 70%, is it graded (c=70 to 80; b=81 to 90 and a=91 to 100)?

Ask the same question for 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08.

3. For 2002,
. . .what was the enrollment number in the Universities?

Get the numbers for each successive years within the study.

4. Are all states represented in both registration and enrollment of students?
Example. . .If there was a riot in Kano that dislocated exam and enollment then that's concerned "out-of-process" and you must make allowance for Kano by assigning a weighted load otherwise your calculation will get out of hand unless that occurrence is consistent for the 6 years running and in which case Kano is an outlier and you don't need its inclusion and thus will not be reported in the final analysis.

You get the idea? This is called controls! Without controls, you have no clue what the moving range is up or down of the goals. Over a 6yr period, the goal will never remain the same, it will change.

but lets assume we wanted to assign percentiles to the performance of individuals within a state. . . . don't you think that only an idiot would be asking for intra-state percentiles when we are given the data in blocks of 10 (eg no of students who scored between 50 and 60, 60 and 70 etc). Only an idiot would go around talking about percentiles when presented with data in that format. Any normal person will simply do what I have done and represent the data in Percentage ranking.

Well, now that I have explained it I will excuse your ignorance.

Intuitively, just by looking at the data, I can tell you Rivers State will outperform all other states even if you look at the percentiles? Why? because they have the lowest no of failures and the highest no of A's. It will take a large data shift toward the lower end of the pass mark for any other state to eclipse Rivers State.

Of course I expect that over a 6yr period that the analysis will indicate that each state has strengths and weaknesses in various areas. . .Rivers State may top in English in 2002 (which would instantly indicate that we are less likely to see many Rivers students enrolled to study maths for that year matriculation), Sokoto may top Maths in that 2002 (indication that Sokoto students will enroll more in science studies for the year) and Ondo may top in Physics for the same year. You will ssee same indicators pop out at you when study the results at regional level, instead of state by state and there should be fluctuations in the performance year over year. But to give a consistent outperformance in one region over the others in all categories for a 6yr moving study and credit it with accuracy is fraudulent.

There are many ways of analysing the data, not just by looking at the percentage A's and the percentage failures of each state as I have done. Show us one of the numerous ways of analysing the data.

I just explained it, its called "attribute analysis" and there is only one way for it "attribute control charts". Your data must first be validated before you start generating charts, otherwise you will find it inaccurate and the statistical confidence level will be low and unacceptable for decision making.

Lets see if you are a man of your word or a punk.

angry

Negro throws Ibime under the Bus again! angry
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by osisi2(f): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
and after they graduate what do they do?
Drive okada,sell okirika wake up or carry guns and harass innocent citizens.
Nonsense.
Are there any  sizeable percentage of graduates from SE,SW or SS that  go on to good jobs after graduation?
Most are living with their mamas and selling recharge cards and "trooping" to the American embassy to try their luck

The few that graduate from the improverished and illiterate north end up in Aso rock

The only thing this thread shows is that the SE and SW go to school in today's Nigeria more than other regions and  the SE and SS do better in test scores.
@ asha,I have read the statementt you alluded to about Igbo men being illiterate traders from several non Igbo Nigerians.
That is a myth,obviously.

The SW obviously was far ahead of the others for a while and cannot be said to be lagging behind in education by any stretch.
Even outside of Nigeria,most notable professors and academics you meet are mostly from the SW and SE

The take home message here is that Nigerians population census figure is false.[b][/b]

The SE may actually be the most populated area then the SW
But then again we all knew  way back that northern Nigeria has manipulated everything in Nigeria starting from it's wealth to their advantage
why they still lag behind in everything despite being in rulership for almost 40+ years beats me.
and some people would want to tell me there's no God.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2009
Negro Nuts,

What is the fallacy in the charts? If the charts say 8% of Rivers students got A in Mathematics, what is false about that? All you are saying is the data is not robust enough to carry out some more indepth analysis, which is what I have been telling you since you stupidly started mentioning attribute control, process testing and percentiles.

The question I have asked and still ask is the same: why are you asking for infeasible analysis with the static data we have been given for 2008? You are asking for continuous processes for discrete data. That alone shows your practical deficiency.

The data we are given can still be analysed and block-data like this is used in analysis everyday. The question is - what can you do with it? Why should we know the attributes when we are simply comparing one state to another? We do not care about the reasons. Stop telling me about riots in Kano. That is not the question. There are riots everyday and gunshots in Naija-Delta. No matter what data you come up with, someone will always say it is not robust enough. What is there to dispute about percentage failure in Ogun State? Isn't that how Government presents data to us everyday? If you are given any kind of data, you are supposed to make some immediate sense of it, not talking bollocks on a public forum about something which can never be analysed and explained in layman terms to forumites. Like I said, we were provided with data for 2008. Do some analysis for 2008 and stop blabbing about moving ranges from 2002-2007! Also stop blabbing about percentiles when you have been given block-data!

Now, prove my figures are fraudulent or shut the phock up!

Nobody is drawing any conclusions from the data we provided, but if I say Rivers State had the higher percentages of A's in all the core subjects and you say it is fraudulent, I expect you to show me another state that topped Rivers State in this category or hold your peace!

If the data is not robust enough for you, I can upload a robust data set from my USB for you right now and we will all see if you can really do statistical analysis or you are just theorising like you always do.

I have told you - never assume that anything I do is the limit of my intelligence, even if I do 1+1 for you. I thought you would have learnt your lesson from the sonning you received on the Keynesian multipliers thread by now.

Idiot!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2009
You seriously need to get a life. I'm not going to argue with you anymore since you always want to insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. You insult people to feel good about your self or what?. Damn!!!!!!! YOU WIN HAPPY?

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by tamme: 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2009
The few that graduate from the improverished and illiterate north end up in Aso rock[code][/code]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin

true tho,olodo Hausa
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by tpia: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 4:31am On Feb 24, 2009
Ibime,

Two things. . .

In every conceivable hamlet in Nigeria and most of Africa are men and women from the South-East who toil to make ends meet, and because of their sheer number, the press in Nigeria has continued to assert, albeit wrongly that the South-Easterners have abandoned education.

Why is that so?

Come along with me as we meander through the maze, bare the facts and bust the myth of who is in school and who is not.

We will begin by consulting JAMB, culling figures from UME admissions in the years 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007, and then crunching the numbers and provide the statistics.

Fig.1. Total Admissions for the six year period for the six geo-political zones

It is noteworthy that the South-West lags behind among the three zones that comprise the South, and so for the purposes of this presentation, I will limit the study to the three Southern zones as the Northern zones have historically lagged behind their Southern counterparts.

Fig.2. Admissions for South-East, South-West and South-South

From the above, it can thus be established that the South-East has more of her young men and women admitted to Nigerian universities than either the South-West or the South-South; "quota" system not withstanding. The South-South has been next to the South-East in the number of university admissions in all the years except 2006 and 2007 when South-West made a nominal gain. Within the South-South, it is interesting to note that Delta State is tops, and no attempt will be made on the part of the author to divvy up the South-South for the purposes of this presentation in spite of the fact that Delta and Rivers States have more of their young men and women admitted than Kwara and Kogi put together, so no numbers will be appropriated from the South-South into South-East, in as much as in the same token no remnants of Kogi and Kwara States will be consigned into the South-West.

The South-East and the South-West have far more homogeneity within the population that occupies its geographic space due to language. It is also noteworthy that there is a presence of Ijaw in the South-West but still my subsequent comparison will be solely confined to only the South-West and the South-East.

Fig.3. Male / Female admissions in the South-East

It can be seen from the above that it was only in 2004 that the number of women surpassed the men by a miniscule number. Also note the spikes in 2003 and 2004; I am not sure whether to attribute that to the number of universities under the wing of JAMB or to some other factors. The spike is also apparent when South-East is compared to both South-West and South-South (See Fig.4). It is also noteworthy that the South-East women have continued to keep pace with their male counterparts. To make a blanket statement that the South-East has abandoned education is totally false; that there are a number of men who are gainfully employed either as artisans or traders only goes to show that the South-East population has always been underestimated.

Fig.4. South-East and South-West total admissions

It is discernible that in the years from 2002 until 2007, the South-East has continued to lead the South-West in university admissions. The South-East bested the South-West in terms of number of admissions in both genders also. As to the spikes in 2003 and 2004, my best bet would be that in the subsequent years, JAMB divested from the number of universities under its wing. (See also Fig.3.)

Fig.5. South-East and South-West admissions for males

We can glean from the above chart that there are more Southeast males in the universities than their counterparts in the Southwest. In 2005 ad 2006 the numbers essentially remained the same for each zone.

Fig.6. South-East and South-West female admissions

From the above, there are more South-East females in the universities than their SW female counterparts.

Fig.7. South-East Female and South-West Male admissions for six years

From the above, there are more S females in the universities than SW males.

Fig.8. South-East Male and South-West female admissions for six years

From the above there are more SE males in the universities than SW females

Fig.9. South-East and South-West male and female admissions for six years

From the above, among all genders, SE males lead the SE females barely, who in turn lead the SW males. The SW females are fewer in number of admissions than all others.

We can deduct from the above bar charts as follows:

From fig.1: among the six geo-political zones for six years admissions from 2002 through 2007, the SE leads followed by SS, then SW, NC, NW while NE bottomed out.

Fig.2: The SE leads the three zones in the south

Fig.3: Total male admissions in the SE is more than the female admissions for the six year period

Fig.4: SE leads SW in total admissions for six years in a row

Fig.5: SE males lead their SW counterparts in admissions for six years in row

Fig.6: SE females lead their SW counterparts in admissions for six years in a row

Fig.7: SE females lead SW males in admissions for six years in a row

Fig.8: SE males lead SW females in admissions for six years in a row

Fig.9: In all genders, SE males are tops, followed by SE females, then SW males, while S females bottomed out

In conclusion, if we add up the number of young men and women who are admitted into Nigeria universities together with the South-East men and women who are in the remotest conceivable hamlets of every state in Nigeria, and the rest in the West African sub-region and other parts of Africa, who are wrongly accused of having abandoned higher education while there South-East peers hold their own, it makes me to still demand to know how many we really are; the Nigerian state continues to spew out spurious population censuses.

Finally, if the South-East has more people in the universities when there is no reason other than that they have more candidates applying for same, it would be right and appropriately so to postulate that it in terms of population, there are more people in the South-East than either in the South-West or the South-South.

So the next time they tell you that South-East males have abandoned school, point the statistics in their face. And more poignantly ask them: O bu anyi anaghi eme ofuma; anyi oga egburu unu onwe anyi? (Aren't we doing well already; do we commit suicide for you all?)

But wait, in the next segment when the 2006 population census will be analyzed, the reader will be in for more shocker; the 2006 population census has Oyo State as the most populated State in the South-West outside Lagos, with a population of 5,591,581, while the most populated state in the South-East is Anambra State with a total population of 4,182,032. However in 2007 JAMB admissions, Anambra State recorded a total of 8,725 in admissions while Oyo State had 3,788….I am crunching the numbers.

Due to space limitation all the figures could not be uploaded; however the rest of the figures can be studied at the link below

Forget space limitation, have the numbers thatyou and your cohorts are crunching sent to my email. You crunched numbers, right? . . .and you want me to provide statistical report using the numbers, am I correct? Well, send them to me with the MOVING RANGE and limits.

I have told you - never assume that anything I do is the limit of my intelligence, even if I do 1+1 for you. I thought you would have learnt your lesson from the sonning you received on the Keynesian multipliers thread by now.

Keynesian multipliers was not some complex exclusive theory, it was available over the internet and in blogs. Everyone and anyone could read it and propose their agenda. You want to appear smart and your method is to follow the lead of populist dogma instead of breaking out of the crowd and inserting refreshing and intellectually moving opinion. I am not a follower, I am a leader. Let me remind you again, I am a Shepherd, not a sheep.

For all your Keynesian click here, read here information that you obtained from google and brought to NL to impress, what is the outcome of it in the political arena? I told you the theory is not the problem, it's the implementation that should be reviewed. You have a WH policy that will reward irresponsible homeowners with subsidies paid by responsible homeowners. You have people on minimum wage praying to be fired from gainful employment so they could go collect social benefits and afford more on that subsidized payment than the earnings of their labour was able to accomplish for them. KMA with your nonsensical Keynesian shallowness. Theories are meant to be applied with good judgement, not with irrational arrogance of elitism.

I think the picture below your last response accurately describes your disposition ; . . . and that's being polite!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 4:35am On Feb 24, 2009
It's a lot of people here today that appear informed and knowledgable, If google and wikipedia go offline their apparent brilliance will vanish. Ibime is definitely one of those.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Feb 24, 2009
Roflmao!!!
Negro_Ntns:

It's a lot of people here today that appear informed and knowledgable, If google and wikipedia go offline their apparent brilliance will vanish.
definite SCORE!!!
Roflmao!!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by StFunmi(f): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2009
@Ibime & negro, You guys should kiss each other and make up. One love. wink
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2009
tpia:

I dont think Dede1 sounds like Jakumo, but the way he presents himself is very interesting. ** save when he's abusing non-Igbo people**

That's why even me sef wey I be Yoruba, couldnt help but admire the guy. Though he also abused Deltans and Calabarians the other time. In fact, na everywhere I get known and unknown relative him just dey abuse.

He's still my sweetie however. **save when he's toasting other ladies (who wont be named here) on Nairaland**

My dear, you are a bundle candy that I can not stop requesting for more of it. Please worry less about other ladies because it comes with the territory. I have arrogated the obligation to my humble self to tear into self-centered and fill-happy arguments presented by certain cretins on this forum.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2009
9jaganja:

You seriously need to get a life. I'm not going to argue with you anymore since you always want to insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. You insult people to feel good about your self or what?. Damn!!!!!!! YOU WIN HAPPY?

This is the type of logic that begs for insults, if there is any, on this forum. Please can someone rope up this walking-dead and resuscitate him to a normal life? If a retard knocks off your pants in any form of competition or argument, then you are more retarded than a zombie.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2009
@osisi

I am laboring very hard to understand what spurred my sister, who ordinarily knows her stuff, to conclude with this statement, “The SW obviously was far ahead of the others for a while and cannot be said to be lagging behind in education by any stretch”.

Since Nigerian Independence, the SE has dominated the areas of academia. There was a period when Nigerian civil service and heads of parastatals were loaded to the brink by graduates from SE, a trend that led to the myth of Igbo dominance in the jungle.

The dominance was so obvious that a federal minister of education had to introduce ethnic bias into Nigerian academia. In SW of Nigeria, the battle cry was to fan ethnic sentiments. In the North of Nigeria, they employed not only ethnic bias but nepotism and sectarian.

There is a saying that “we can not stop engaging in wars because of lost of lives”. The fact that most people from Northern Nigerian who managed to go through the rigors of university, via, Islamic studies end up is Aso Rock should not deter us from upholding things that come to us naturally. Remember, as ironically as it may sound the only thing permanent in the universe is change. Nigeria may change her ways of protocol tomorrow or even cease to exist.

Adequate and educated section of manpower is the engine that runs the developed and developing counties of the world.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Forget space limitation, have the numbers thatyou and your cohorts are crunching sent to my email. You crunched numbers, right? . . .and you want me to provide statistical report using the numbers, am I correct? Well, send them to me with the MOVING RANGE and limits.

You must be attention-deficit. What do I have to do with the original poster? I didn't even read the OP's post. Did I speak for the original poster? You have been concentrating on University Matriculation all this while and I am looking at test scores in individual subjects. Why? Because 2008 is the first year where JAMB has provided a subject-by-subject breakdown of test scores.

You said my analysis is fraudulent - so far, on this thread, I have only conducted a percentage ranking for States in Maths and English for 2008 - a percentage ranking which actually goes against the assertions of the original poster. You must have noticed that Kano came second when the percentage of A students in Maths were ranked and Lagos came third. You would also have noticed that Bayelsa had the second worst fail-rate in Maths. (but they still came eighth when the percentage of A students were ranked sha.  grin)

Does that support the original poster?

So all this while, you have been fighting against an imaginary enemy. Like I said, you must be attention-deficit. I am not interested in University Matriculation without first knowing the census figures for State population. Thats like saying more people graduated in China than in England. That kind of data is useless.

If you want the UME matriculation figures for 2002 - 2007, they are on the UME website which should be on the first page. You can conduct wharrrever analysis you like to dispute the OP's claim. I would like to see you actually produce something - and you determine your own moving range and limits, lets see what you can do.

BUT RIVERS STATE WHOOOPED YOUR ASS IN MATHS, ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY in 2008!

Can you dispute that?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 10:47am On Feb 24, 2009
@Ibi

Did you call it ass whooping? It is more like putting a hurting than whooping a big ass. It was not even contest.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Afaukwu: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2009
Ibime, just a point of correction. Rivers was not the best in Biology in 2008. I think Imo was. Just a point of observation and nothing more.

To others, if the statistics had showd that the SW was better off, these cry babies will be prancing and gloating about. Nigeria for you.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2009
Yeah my brother, I just glanced at it now. Imo girls really performed for una. However, I haven't checked the percentages yet to confirm.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by naijaking1: 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2009
@Ibime
Interesting to read your comment about Earnest Ikoli, King Jaja, etc. Do you appreciate the closeness of these names to typical Igbo names. As a child growing up in Enugu, I knew many Igbo people named Jaja, and there's a family in my town called Ikoli. Without making too much out of ordinary names, I'm always impressed by how much Eastern Nigerians seem related than unrelated.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2009
Jaja na Igbo man. He moved to Bonny when he was 12. But his real name is Jubo Jubogha.

Ernest Ikoli is a staunch Nembe man from Brass.

Do not be surprised to find Igbo names in Ijaw land, but most especially in Okrika, and maybe Andoni.

For example, I am from Uwakwe House.

We have Ndubuisi House, etc in Amadi village, which itself is an Igbo name, plus Abam, Oba, Okujagu (the lion that broke his leg) etc.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2009
Ibime,

My responses in a thread of discussions is always directed to the @ Post. . .ALWAYS!  So next time you want to engage me check first to make sure you understand what my point is relevant to the post and not impulsively jump in with your half cooked google information.  All along on this forum I consistently mentioned the moving study, so there is no way anyone could have mistakenly thought or wrongly assumed that I was focusing on a one year report, unless of course they are fraudulent.

It is none of my business what people do or how they go about pushing their falsehood but you start talking rubbish about my people in SW, you are looking for my trouble and you will get it.  Similarly if you try to pass a smoke screen over their eyes and disguise your nonsense as a fact, you will hear my mouth.  There is a reason why I kept asking for the complete raw data.  If you notice Afaukwu never responded to me. I suspect he knew something was wrong but you big buffon, Mr Best Excel user, Mr Mathematician, Mr Keynesian. . .with your google brain and wiki mind feel it your duty to escalate the falsehood and fraud in these charts and numbers and their stupid purported interpretation. . .you failed to ask questions and when I asked questions you challenge my knowledge.  Well, it's time to reveal your foolishness, your stupidity so I can save my time and energy to battle that sheep call DEDE.  Follow me dummy . . .

This is the link submitted by Afaukwu telling us where he got the crunched numbers.   http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php

This is your response to him. . .

Afaukwu, thanks for the link (http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php)

We can now compare Rivers State to Yoruba states in the following subjects:

Maths (no of students who scored above 70% in 2008)

Rivers State - 1710
Oyo State    -   428
Ondo State  -   337
Ogun State  -   745
Osun State  -   395
Lagos State -   535
Ekiti State    -   265

English (no of students who scored above 70% in 2008)

Rivers State - 6000
Oyo State    -   814
Ondo State  -   899
Ogun State  - 1407
Osun State  -   860
Lagos State -   971
Ekiti State    -   603

I shall not even bother with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. We can already see a stark pattern emerging.  

The English results also confirm my assertion that Rivers State indigenes speak the best English in Naija.

Since these results are based on state of origin, how can Rivers State (with a small number of indigenous inhabitants) trounce Ogun State etc handsdown.

I have said it before - The South-West need to get their act together!    

After now, they will say all we know is fishing and militancy.     Despite all the civil unrest (and alternative source of livelihood) in Rivers State, we are still killing them.

That was followed by this. . .

Quote from: Afaukwu on February 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
Ibime, thanks too. I am running out of time. Could you please present a comparative post of SE and SW states for the five subjects of Eng, maths, phy, chem and bio. A beg no vex. Thanks.

. . .and this is from you . . .

I no get time for that - but we all know Igbo states (especially Imo) are doing well in the core subjects.

Meanwhile, I have found one subject where the South-West is leading - Yoruba!  

I have also found another subject where the North is leading - Arabic!  

This is from Debo  . . .

Thanks for the responses Afaukwu - you are the only one (and maybe Ibime) interested in having a reasonable discourse here.

I am not saying that there is any tribe-intelligence link, but I am simply asking - what is the relevance of an absolute number of admissions between zones in this case?

Like I said, data showing the PROPORTION of applicants, vis-a-vis the states of origins would give a clearer picture. China may have more people in Universities than Japan, but Japan has a higher proportion of it's population educated.

Ibime is asserting that Rivers and Bayelsa have a 'small number of indigenous inhabitants' but this cannot be verified at this point. If the applicant data shows a trend that a higher percentage of applicants from the SE/SS are getting through, then useful deductions can be made from this data, and we can then say the SW needs to pull it's socks up or not. We already know the North doesn't even have socks on in this instance.  

PS - My Ijaw statement was facetious.  

@ Ibime

An educated goat remains a goat.  

Then you countered as follows . . .

You will be surprised at my findings. I managed to export the data to Excel to find out the percentage of people who got a A in Maths. Surprise, surprise, Kano did very well

. . .and this . . .

Don't worry, I am an expert with Excel. I can get you any data you want:

However, this brings up another debate - the census debate. It is almost obvious that Igbo's are the most populated tribe in Naija, yet the census keeps downplaying their numbers and giving them less of the national cake.

Like I said, I intentionally allowed this conversation to drag on so you can self-expose your own ignorance.  You and I have had a series of debates on bank bailout which I opposed and you supported; stimulus spending which I supported but criticized the application and which you wholeheartedly bought into based on Keynesian principles and then this JAMB statistical report.  We all know what has since happened to bank bailout.  We are witnessing the collateral damages of the stimulus policy but the result if yet to come out.  On JAMB reports you have done enough self damage already without my assistance but I need to share the points with the readers so they can be alert to fraudulent practices on NL.  

Again, this is the link from which you took the data that you and Afaukwu crunched and I don't care if its 6 yr running data or just the one for 2008, the source is the same.  

http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php   Ends in .php  (open domain in Phillipines)

This is a mock JAMB website.   http://www.jambng.com/   Ends in .com   (Business domain in America)

This is the official JAMB website.   http://www.jamb.org.ng/   Ends in.org.ng  (Private or not for profit organisation in Nigeria)

I want the readers to go to each site and compare and you will find that the jamb.org.ng is the valid source, all others are fake and fraud.  Particularly the site that Afaukwu and Ibime used are located in Phillipines, hence the ".php" designation.  

Since when do we start to rank our academic excellence from Phillipines or determine census numbers and social programms distributions from Phillipines?  Is JAMB outsourced?  

Ibime,  kiss my a--.

Negro throws Ibime under the Locomotive, the Bus is not doing it!   grin

1 Like

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by dgreatrock(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Ibime,

My responses in a thread of discussions is always directed to the @ Post. . .ALWAYS!  So next time you want to engage me check first to make sure you understand what my point is relevant to the post and not impulsively jump in with your half cooked google information.  All along on this forum I consistently mentioned the moving study, so there is no way anyone could have mistakenly thought or wrongly assumed that I was focusing on a one year report, unless of course they are fraudulent.

It is none of my business what people do or how they go about pushing their falsehood but you start talking rubbish about my people in SW, you are looking for my trouble and you will get it.  Similarly if you try to pass a smoke screen over their eyes and disguise your nonsense as a fact, you will hear my mouth.  There is a reason why I kept asking for the complete raw data.  If you notice Afaukwu never responded to me. I suspect he knew something was wrong but you big buffon, Mr Best Excel user, Mr Mathematician, Mr Keynesian. . .with your google brain and wiki mind feel it your duty to escalate the falsehood and fraud in these charts and numbers and their stupid purported interpretation. . .you failed to ask questions and when I asked questions you challenge my knowledge.  Well, it's time to reveal your foolishness, your stupidity so I can save my time and energy to battle that sheep call DEDE.  Follow me dummy . . .

This is the link submitted by Afaukwu telling us where he got the crunched numbers.   http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php

This is your response to him. . .

That was followed by this. . .

. . .and this is from you . . .

This is from Debo  . . .

Then you countered as follows . . .

. . .and this . . .

Like I said, I intentionally allowed this conversation to drag on so you can self-expose your own ignorance.  You and I have had a series of debates on bank bailout which I opposed and you supported; stimulus spending which I supported but criticized the application and which you wholeheartedly bought into based on Keynesian principles and then this JAMB statistical report.  We all know what has since happened to bank bailout.  We are witnessing the collateral damages of the stimulus policy but the result if yet to come out.  On JAMB reports you have done enough self damage already without my assistance but I need to share the points with the readers so they can be alert to fraudulent practices on NL.  

Again, this is the link from which you took the data that you and Afaukwu crunched and I don't care if its 6 yr running data or just the one for 2008, the source is the same.  

http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php   Ends in .php  (open domain in Phillipines)

This is a mock JAMB website.   http://www.jambng.com/   Ends in .com   (Business domain in America)

This is the official JAMB website.   http://www.jamb.org.ng/   Ends in.org.ng  (Private or not for profit organisation in Nigeria)

I want the readers to go to each site and compare and you will find that the jamb.org.ng is the valid source, all others are fake and fraud.  Particularly the site that Afaukwu and Ibime used are located in Phillipines, hence the ".php" designation.  

Since when do we start to rank our academic excellence from Phillipines or determine census numbers and social programms distributions from Phillipines?  Is JAMB outsourced?  

Ibime,  kiss my a--.

Negro throws Ibime under the Locomotive, the Bus is not doing it!   grin

Ah Ah! na wetin be this chronology?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2009
Oh. . .and I know the registrant of the websites, name and location. This is not the time. When appropriate I shall reveal your fraud cohorts.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

All along on this forum I consistently mentioned the moving study, so there is no way anyone could have mistakenly thought or wrongly assumed that I was focusing on a one year report, unless of course they are fraudulent.

My friend sharrap dia! You came into the thread KNOWING I was looking at static data for 2008. Soon as you started mentioning attribute controls, I told you my data was only from the website Akwuama provided for 2008 and looking only at state vs state performance for 2008. The conversation should have ended there, but in your stupidity, you carried on labouring a point about moving ranges and whatnot which you KNOW does not apply to one-year data. Either you KNEW, or you were looking for an unnecessary fight.

As to whether the website is correct or not, what is my business? Am I internet police? I would assume no one has time to start collecting false data for propaganda purposes. You must have a lot of time on your hands to be investigating such nonsense.

Is the data from the Phillipines website false or was it just hosted there because the official JAMB website is ridiculously slow and virtually non-functional.

Now that you have shown your penchant for pedantry, please provide the real data (assuming you are correct and Akwuama's data is false) and I will conduct a rigorous analysis, so we can put this issue to bed.

Also, please reveal the names of those behind the fraudulent website. There is no need for this issue to be clouded in secrecy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund / Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student / Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.