Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You (36206 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Afaukwu: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Ibime,

My responses in a thread of discussions is always directed to the @ Post. . .ALWAYS!  So next time you want to engage me check first to make sure you understand what my point is relevant to the post and not impulsively jump in with your half cooked google information.  All along on this forum I consistently mentioned the moving study, so there is no way anyone could have mistakenly thought or wrongly assumed that I was focusing on a one year report, unless of course they are fraudulent.

It is none of my business what people do or how they go about pushing their falsehood but you start talking rubbish about my people in SW, you are looking for my trouble and you will get it.  Similarly if you try to pass a smoke screen over their eyes and disguise your nonsense as a fact, you will hear my mouth.  There is a reason why I kept asking for the complete raw data.  If you notice Afaukwu never responded to me. I suspect he knew something was wrong but you big buffon, Mr Best Excel user, Mr Mathematician, Mr Keynesian. . .with your google brain and wiki mind feel it your duty to escalate the falsehood and fraud in these charts and numbers and their stupid purported interpretation. . .you failed to ask questions and when I asked questions you challenge my knowledge.  Well, it's time to reveal your foolishness, your stupidity so I can save my time and energy to battle that sheep call DEDE.  Follow me dummy . . .

This is the link submitted by Afaukwu telling us where he got the crunched numbers.   http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php

This is your response to him. . .

That was followed by this. . .

. . .and this is from you . . .

This is from Debo  . . .

Then you countered as follows . . .

. . .and this . . .

Like I said, I intentionally allowed this conversation to drag on so you can self-expose your own ignorance.  You and I have had a series of debates on bank bailout which I opposed and you supported; stimulus spending which I supported but criticized the application and which you wholeheartedly bought into based on Keynesian principles and then this JAMB statistical report.  We all know what has since happened to bank bailout.  We are witnessing the collateral damages of the stimulus policy but the result if yet to come out.  On JAMB reports you have done enough self damage already without my assistance but I need to share the points with the readers so they can be alert to fraudulent practices on NL.  

Again, this is the link from which you took the data that you and Afaukwu crunched and I don't care if its 6 yr running data or just the one for 2008, the source is the same.  

http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php   Ends in .php  (open domain in Phillipines)

This is a mock JAMB website.   http://www.jambng.com/   Ends in .com   (Business domain in America)

This is the official JAMB website.   http://www.jamb.org.ng/   Ends in.org.ng  (Private or not for profit organisation in Nigeria)

I want the readers to go to each site and compare and you will find that the jamb.org.ng is the valid source, all others are fake and fraud.  Particularly the site that Afaukwu and Ibime used are located in Phillipines, hence the ".php" designation.  

Since when do we start to rank our academic excellence from Phillipines or determine census numbers and social programms distributions from Phillipines?  Is JAMB outsourced?  

Ibime,  kiss my a--.

Negro throws Ibime under the Locomotive, the Bus is not doing it!   grin

This guy is an eeeeeeeddiot and an unbelievable loser. Now go to this site that you provided http://www.jamb.org.ng/    While there, click on the JAMB logo and it takes you to http://www.jambng.com/ from where you have to navigate (that is if you know what cyber navigating means) to find this http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php,  and other sub-links bearing whatever information you need. Just accept it, your days are over.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Afaukwu: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
Ibime:

My friend sharrap dia! You came into the thread KNOWING I was looking at static data for 2008. Soon as you started mentioning attribute controls, I told you my data was only from the website Akwuama provided for 2008 and looking only at state vs state performance for 2008. The conversation should have ended there, but in your stupidity, you carried on labouring a point about moving ranges and whatnot which you KNOW does not apply to one-year data. Either you KNEW, or you were looking for an unnecessary fight.

As to whether the website is correct or not, what is my business? Am I internet police? I would assume no one has time to start collecting false data for propaganda purposes. You must have a lot of time on your hands to be investigating such nonsense.

Is the data from the Phillipines website false or was it just hosted there because the official JAMB website is ridiculously slow and virtually non-functional.

Now that you have shown your penchant for pedantry, please provide the real data (assuming you are correct and Akwuama's data is false) and I will conduct a rigorous analysis, so we can put this issue to bed.

Also, please reveal the names of those behind the fraudulent website. There is no need for this issue to be clouded in secrecy.

Ibime, please don't mind the unyielding ignoramus Negro_Ntns. Read my immediate last post and see how the links follow. That guy is a generic loser
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2009
Afaukwu:

This guy is an eeeeeeeddiot and an unbelievable loser. Now go to this site that you provided http://www.jamb.org.ng/    While there, click on the JAMB logo and it takes you to http://www.jambng.com/ from where you have to navigate (that is if you know what cyber navigating means) to find this http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php,  and other sub-links bearing whatever information you need. Just accept it, your days are over.

lol. . . . the guy is finished!

Just checked. . . . yes, those are official statistics. . . .

He couldn't make any headway on his ridiculous argument for trying to apply moving ranges to the one-year data I was looking at; or applying percentiles to block-data; or applying attribute controls to data for which we were supplied no attributes - so he resorted to conspiracy theories about Igbo's making up those stats.

Don't worry, he is known for his conspiracy theories. He likes theorising about everything but when it comes to actually doing something, he knows nothing. His case is not knew. He is a LOSER!

Next, he will be alleging a conspiracy between JAMB and the Igbo's to backlink to the Philllipino website.

That still doesn't change the fact that more Rivers State students achieved an A in 2008 than Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Lagos and Ekiti put together!  grin
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by debosky(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2009

Again, this is the link from which you took the data that you and Afaukwu crunched and I don't care if its 6 yr running data or just the one for 2008, the source is the same.

http://www.jambng.com/per_ume.php Ends in .php (open domain in Phillipines)

This is a mock JAMB website. http://www.jambng.com/ Ends in .com (Business domain in America)

This is the official JAMB website. http://www.jamb.org.ng/ Ends in.org.ng (Private or not for profit organisation in Nigeria)

I want the readers to go to each site and compare and you will find that the jamb.org.ng is the valid source, all others are fake and fraud. Particularly the site that Afaukwu and Ibime used are located in Phillipines, hence the ".php" designation.

Since when do we start to rank our academic excellence from Phillipines or determine census numbers and social programms distributions from Phillipines? Is JAMB outsourced?

Negro I am disappointed.

The page you claimed ended in '.php' doesn't end in that - the domain is still '.com' but the particular page you mentioned was scripted using php. PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.There is no Philippines connection in this. In essence, link 1 & 2 refer to the same website - one is the homepage, the other refers to a sub page.

Second correction, a '.com' domain is used primarily by US based companies but not exclusively, if not, nairaland.com would have to be a US company.

I don't think there is a 'fake' site out there as you claim, the jamb.org.ng site was set up PRIMARILY as a site for making payments/conducting online registration with JAMB - paying application fees and the like, while the other site is set up as a depository of analytical data on JAMB admission data and the like. The two sites are legal, but with varying purposes. It is not implausible that a contract was given out for a new JAMB website in ignorance of the existence of a previous one.

You have not only displayed a poor grasp of web terminology, but instead of focusing on the matter, you decided to once again [b]invent a conspiracy theory [/b]to explain it away. sad

What is it with you and conspiracy theories anyway?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Mowire: 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2009
http://www.jambng.com is JAMB corporate website and powered by dnet, while http://www.jamb.org.ng powered by   Sidmach Technologies Nigeria Limited is more like a contract site concerned only with the registration for, and result of the various exams organised by JAMB.

But my question is: What is the primary objective of this thread? 
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Afaukwu: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2009
[quote author=Mowire
But my question is: What is the primary objective of this thread? 
[quote][/quote]

The purpose was to expose the truth and kill the falacy that has been making the rounds.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by stalliontp(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2009
People get on here for the most part to abuse and curse each other out, I enjoy the drama, Please keep it coming, lol
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2009
Negro Nuts days are numbered.

I told him Superficial ITK would soon kill him.

I suspected that the php was the same php programming code that we all see when we do a google search but I decided not to argue cos I know nothing about web programming language, and I didn't want to make a fool of myself. He, on the other hand likes to stick his nose in something he knows nothing about - inevitably leading to catastrophe.

This is not the first time he has embarrassed himself in such a public manner. He did the same on a Keynesian Stimulus thread - but this time, his embarassment is final! I would provide him overwhelming evidence on another long-running argument we are having about bank bailouts, but there is no point in arguing further with such a long discredited Chimpanzee.

Negro Nuts is an embarassment to his family, his tribe and most of all, himself!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by StFunmi(f): 1:32am On Feb 25, 2009

Negro I am disappointed.

The page you claimed ended in '.php' doesn't end in that - the domain is still '.com' but the particular page you mentioned was scripted using php. PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.There is no Philippines connection in this. In essence, link 1 & 2 refer to the same website - one is the homepage, the other refers to a sub page.

Second correction, a '.com' domain is used primarily by US based companies but not exclusively, if not, nairaland.com would have to be a US company.

I don't think there is a 'fake' site out there as you claim, the jamb.org.ng site was set up PRIMARILY as a site for making payments/conducting online registration with JAMB - paying application fees and the like, while the other site is set up as a depository of analytical data on JAMB admission data and the like. The two sites are legal, but with varying purposes. It is not implausible that a contract was given out for a new JAMB website in ignorance of the existence of a previous one.

You have not only displayed a poor grasp of web terminology, but instead of focusing on the matter, you decided to once again invent a conspiracy theory to explain it away. Sad

Cut Negro some slacks here. He's a lawyer and not a mathematician, please.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Dede1(m): 2:01am On Feb 25, 2009
Has any ethnic group in the jungle claimed responsibility for the regrettable man-made who roams the forum as Negro Nuts?

I knew with time, the thin layer of his deception will eventually come off and the draw-backs of erstwhile free education imposed on the south western region of Nigerian inhabitants would come to surface.

@St.Funmi

The “bobo” has serious issues with URL (Universal Resources Locator) and for calm to prevail, I will not mentioned what he did to Banza Bokwais.

If the dude is lawyer and does not know elementary history of the village empires that existed in the territories that metamorphosed in the present day Nigeria, then he needs to be investigated.

I had to use man-made instead if Igbo-made because I have no intentions of insulting the intelligence of Ndigbo. With no pun intended, your friend is a patented novice.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 3:06am On Feb 25, 2009
Negro I am disappointed.

You have not only displayed a poor grasp of web terminology, but instead of focusing on the matter, you decided to once again invent a conspiracy theory to explain it away.

Yeah, it's bad when other people attack SW and Yorubas and I am the only one standing up against the barrage. It's painful when your own fellow SW join in the attack.

Anyway, the JAMB logo is cloned and that is why when you click on it you are redirected to .com and .php. Why would JAMB operate a domain in Phillipines, or in London or America? What you are looking at is called cloning, the same can be done on a phone. It is actuated with the ip address designated to the website.

Can anyone explain who this is person below is? This is the person that registered the .com site. What is his job relative to JAMB?

Registrant:
Dnet Systems
63, Chatsworth Road,
Abbeymeads, Swidon SN25 4TT
GB
44 01793721589
Fax:44 01793721974

Domain Name: JAMBNG.COM

Administrative Contact:
Daramola, Kunle kunle@dnetsystems.net
63, Chatsworth Road,
GB
44 01793721589

Technical Contact:
Daramola, Kunle kunle@dnetsystems.net
63, Chatsworth Road,
GB
44 01793721589

Record last updated 01-22-2008 08:48:20 AM
Record expires on 08-22-2009
Record created on 08-22-2001

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.DNETSYSTEMS.NET 66.232.103.144
NS1.DNETSYSTEMS.NET 66.232.103.144

This guy is hosting the jambng.com site on dnetsystems but if you go to the official JAMB website - jamb.org.ng - you will notice that the site is hosted by Sidmach Tech. I wonder if Sidwell knows that their site has been cloned.

I also have the .php information, name and location of the person but because I used a back door method to obtain it I will not reveal the info. It could lead to legal problem if the server host decide to pursue charges.

To all of you who is yucking at the mouth believing that because a site redirects you to an un-official site is justification for fraudsters to perpetrate deceit, I need you to look at the above info and explain its relationship to official JAMB business.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by tpia: 3:16am On Feb 25, 2009
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by AloyEmeka9: 3:21am On Feb 25, 2009
welcome to the club. You're not new to Nairaland so I wonder why you're just noticing this? Some Yorubas on Nairaland are far more anti-Yoruba than any non-Yoruba could ever be. same way a lot of Nigerians are anti-Nigeria. That's how the cookie crumbles.
Saying the truth is not anti Yoruba. So you want Debosky to join your wagon so he'll not be anti Yoruba?. It's not every fool that believes in espirit de corps which is what is killing Nigeria. It's your likes that was hiding your yorubaness before I busted you that can pass for anti Yoruba. The truth shall set you free.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by tpia: 3:25am On Feb 25, 2009
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by AloyEmeka9: 3:29am On Feb 25, 2009
Is it your monkey wife?
At least I have a human partner. I understand how frustrating it can be to keep vibrators and cats as your only partners because they can leave you cold and lonely and are very insensitive to how you feel.  Believe me I feel you. Ndo.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 3:35am On Feb 25, 2009
The dnet systems IP has a total of 52 domains hosted on it. Here are just 3 more.

4women2women.org

Adamuonu.com

Adkolmemeraldmfb.com

How does this relate to JAMB official duty? If the jambng.com site is not official, then why are we vouching for data sets that cannot officially be verified as accurate? I need someone to vouch for the data info and charts that both Ibime and Afaukwu has used to claim these performance attributes.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by AloyEmeka9: 3:39am On Feb 25, 2009

How does this relate to JAMB official duty? If the jambng.com site is not official, then why are we vouching for data sets that cannot officially be verified as accurate? I need someone to vouch for the data information and charts that both Ibime and Afaukwu has used to claim these performance attributes.

Oga lawyer sleep no dey catch you?. abeg leave this people come give us tory for culture section.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 3:42am On Feb 25, 2009
Tpia,

You are right!  I am on your side, please reserve a seat for me.  

It's very painful!  I am a participant on an Hausa forum site and trust me, I battle with them on a daily basis. . . but you can never break through the membrane of their unity, muslim or christian they band together strongly.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 3:45am On Feb 25, 2009
Aloy,

Lmao, which story. . .Yoruba story?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 25, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Anyway, the JAMB logo is cloned and that is why when you click on it you are redirected to .com and .php. Why would JAMB operate a domain in Phillipines, or in London or America? What you are looking at is called cloning, the same can be done on a phone. It is actuated with the ip address designated to the website.

Even after debosky corrected you, you still continue making a mockery of your education. .php is a programming language NOT the domain name for the philipines . . .
country code TLDs are ALWAYS two letters (.uk, .ng, .au). The code for the philipines is .PH

and .com is not restricted to the US alone. nairaland.com is not in the US is it?

Get a brain. grin
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by NegroNtns(m): 4:15am On Feb 25, 2009
Here comes Ibime sidekick. . . grin

.com is not limited to America, true but using America as example does not mean I limited location. What do you want me to do, list all the countries in the world where .com is applicable?

Look in the dnetsystems address, in London. Doesn't that conclude that .com is universal? I had the Chatsworth address associated with the .com and knew it was located in London before I came out and talked about the example. That's not an issue.

Correct, I was wrong on saying the .php is in Phillipines and that's because on instant it was what occurred to me but after reviewing the location of the owner and the server identifier I saw the error. It is not Phillipines. I am not afraid to admit error and I won't back off when my point is right.

The data and charts you are looking at on this post has been manipulated. It was exported from JAMB (Let me use the correct word before scoping begins - it was "downloaded" from JAMB site) and engineered.

I insist if anyone disputes my claim I want that person to submit the running data sets with its limits. There is now way you could conduct motion study and not have range and specified limits; no way of getting around it - you will end up with in-accurate numbers. If the dataset is available then the limits are also available, unless there is some monkey business here and that's my upset.

If you probe the IP address associated with the .php link, it does not resolve the address for you. I could not ping it either but then I was able to telnet to the server that hosted it. Again, I made error when I wrongly concluded this was a Phillipines site. Debo is right it is not, nonetheless he attacked my position unfairly and in a way to reveal error than he was concerned about allmy refutations on the false data and chats.

In view of that, I still stand by my statement, this is fraud!
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by bawomolo(m): 4:16am On Feb 25, 2009
Yeah, it's bad when other people attack SW and Yorubas and I am the only one standing up against the barrage.

who made you the head of Nairaland's OPC, puhlease.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by stalliontp(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Here comes Ibime sidekick. . . grin

.com is not limited to America, true but using America as example does not mean I limited location.  What do you want me to do, list all the countries in the world where .com is applicable? 

Look in the dnetsystems address, in London.  Doesn't that conclude that .com is universal?  I had the Chatsworth address associated with the .com and knew it was located in London before I came out and talked about the example.  That's not an issue. 

Correct, I was wrong on saying the .php is in Phillipines and that's because on instant it was what occurred to me but after reviewing the location of the owner and the server identifier I saw the error.  It is not Phillipines.  I am not afraid to admit error and I won't back off when my point is right. 

The data and charts you are looking at on this post has been manipulated.  It was exported from JAMB (Let me use the correct word before scoping begins - it was "downloaded" from JAMB site) and engineered. 

I insist if anyone disputes my claim I want that person to submit the running data sets with its limits.  There is now way you could conduct motion study and not have range and specified limits; no way of getting around it - you will end up with in-accurate numbers.   If the dataset is available then the limits are also available, unless there is some monkey business here and that's my upset. 

If you probe the IP address associated with the .php link, it does not resolve the address for you.  I could not ping it either but then I was able to telnet to the server that hosted it.  Again, I made error when I wrongly concluded this was a Phillipines site.  Debo is right it is not, nonetheless he attacked my position unfairly and in a way to reveal error than he was concerned about allmy refutations on the false data and chats. 

Some of us are actually paying close attention to what you are saying, And you make a lot of sense. However Debosky is one of the smart posters on NL and i read his responses to issues but you have made a good case that has triggered much curiosity as to the source of the said data. However you should try to ignore some other posters on here that have nothing meaningful to post except  to hear themselves chatter, Don't take them personal.

Meanwhile even if the data were authentic, whats the point being made here? To show that the SE and SS are better educationally than the rest of the country? Well i ask myself what is there to celebrate in the Nigerian  tertiary educational system. Me think the whole system needs a serious and emergency overhaul anyway. In a country where the education Minister argued that 80% of University graduates are unemployable as at yesterday, http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/29609/43/ -

If the Minister happens to be right- then i suppose that graduates from the SE and SS part of the country will constitute a larger chunk of the unemployable army of Graduates in the country too.
Well- i happen not to believe what some Minister says or the Federal Government for that matter- They have proven time after time that they have no clue as to what the real problem is.
So guys, Lets stop gloating over vain stuff and talk about something else more educative , entertaining and less divisive.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 10:25am On Feb 25, 2009
Typical conspiracy theory - if you don't like what the data represents then it must be false.

If it was a conspiracy against Yorubas, then why is the domain registered to a Mr Kunle Daramola?

Your penchant for conspiracy theories is not befitting of an illiterate, let alone one who purports to call himself a lawyer. This is not a logical failure, but a human one, perhaps moulded by your distrust of organised society as we know it.

There is no need to get all sensitive about your tribe's performance either. Maybe that just goes to show your own tribalism. I think most people should know by now that I like pulling legs. Taking it personal reflects your disposition to tribalism, not mine.

If you were careful enough to look at the percentage analysis for the states who got A in Maths, you would have noticed that Yoruba states compared favourably to Igbo States. Its just the fact that Rivers State was on top that irked you.

When I did the percentage analysis for Maths in 2008, Bayelsa had the second worst fail rate, yet I did not hide my findings.

What is up with these sensitive people?

Debosky is a seeker of truth and is not concerned with tribal postulation.

Negro, your days are numbered!

You failed to discredit the simple percentages which I provided - admittedly, a limited scope of analysis - but the most efficient analysis for the type of data we were provided, expecially considering the fact that we are on a public forum -  so you resorted to the most desperate measure - claiming the website was false!

I shall continue to engage you in discourse in the future if you show contriteness, otherwise I suggest you change your moniker and re-register with a new one because your actions on this thread have wiped off the last vestige of your credibility. You are obviously a smart thinker, but most of your arguments are unnecessary and impractical.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by debosky(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2009
I am further saddened Negro, that you think this is a tribal attack. Anyways, let's leave that aside for now.

Negro_Ntns:

The data and charts you are looking at on this post has been manipulated.  It was exported from JAMB (Let me use the correct word before scoping begins - it was "downloaded" from JAMB site) and engineered.
We are having a debate based on statistics freely available in the public domain. Prove that the data has been manipulated. Post links from the Jamb site with data invalidating the claims made by others on this thread.

I have personally looked at the data available from JAMB's site and I do not see any evidence of manipulation.

I insist if anyone disputes my claim I want that person to submit the running data sets with its limits.  There is now way you could conduct motion study and not have range and specified limits; no way of getting around it - you will end up with in-accurate numbers.   If the dataset is available then the limits are also available, unless there is some monkey business here and that's my upset.  

You have brought no proof to disprove what has been posted previously, simply allegations. Kindly do your own 'motion study' and give us the output. I don't claim to be a mathematician either, but I have done my fair share of statistical analysis. This is not a 'motion study' covering a sample of the population. It is VERY CLEAR and VERY SIMPLE

How many people took the exam X from SS Y from SW and Z from SE

According to the data, there is a higher success rate in given subjects and even in overall admissions. You are simply getting lost in minutiae which have nothing to do with what is being discussed here. The entire data set of applications, scores and admissions are available from the JAMB site - instead of making conspiratorial claims, do your own analysis.

If you probe the IP address associated with the .php link, it does not resolve the address for you.  I could not ping it either but then I was able to telnet to the server that hosted it.  Again, I made error when I wrongly concluded this was a Phillipines site.  Debo is right it is not, nonetheless he attacked my position unfairly and in a way to reveal error than he was concerned about allmy refutations on the false data and chats.  

You still insist on this inane path of querying the authenticity of the site? Whether or not you can probe the IP address of the link is inconsequential. There is irrefutable proof that it is a bona fide sub-page of the jambng.com site, end of story.

I apologise if you think my 'attack' was unfair, but your 'evidence' had to be shown to be wrong - the earlier we get unrelated misconceptions out of the way, the sooner we can focus on the meat of this discourse. Now once again - show just ONE piece of evidence, never mind analysis, that the data presented here has been falsified.

I attach a PDF file I PERSONALLY downloaded from the JAMB website, and at first perusal, it appears to be very much in line with the foregoing analysis.

Total applicants per state (Social Science excluded for clarity, there are a few data issues for this category, but generally follows the same trend as the others)

Ogun    36,820        Imo          51,564
Ondo    35,254       Anambra  47,948
Osun    34,716        Abia         41,993  
Oyo      31,816       Enugu      41,331
Ekiti      24,996       Ebonyi      16,502
Lagos   16,468

SW total 180,070
SE total   199,338

Based on applicant data ALONE, there is a 10% advantage by Igbos on Yorubas. These are bare facts, not counting significant Igbo populations in Delta and Rivers, nor Yoruba populations in Kwara and Kogi.

http://www.jambng.com/ume/umeapp08.pdf

Please provide evidence of data manipulation, if not you have no case. If the Yoruba are indeed falling behind academically, it behooves all TRUE Yoruba sons and daughters to identify this and remedy it, not just argue for the sake of 'defending the Yoruba'.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by aus123(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2009
How true is this ur stat. from what source,
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Sauron1: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2009
Ibime:

If you were careful enough to look at the percentage analysis for the states who got A in Maths, you would have noticed that Yoruba states compared favourably to Igbo States. Its just the fact that Rivers State was on top that irked you.

Of course, it was astounding to know Rivers/Bayelsa students are smarter than the swots in the SW.
While we are @ it, can you produce the statistics on examination malpractices??
Should Rivers/Bayelsa top the charts then we can reasonably assume you guys are irritatingly dodgy. grin grin grin

What is up with these sensitive people?
Debosky is a seeker of truth and is not concerned with tribal postulation.

Debosky is an adulterated Yoruba geezer. He schooled in the East.
His moral compass is so screwed up i sometimes wonder how he finds his way home.
Debo's allegiance is with the East(Onitsha) so i wouldn't trust Debosky's judgement if i were you.

I shall continue to engage you in discourse in the future if you show contriteness, otherwise I suggest you change your moniker and re-register with a new one because your actions on this thread have wiped off the last vestige of your credibility. You are obviously a smart thinker, but most of your arguments are unnecessary and impractical.

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!!!!!!
Pluck out the speck in your left eye before attempting to remove the log in Negro's eyes.
Why would he change his handle because of a tasteless debate like this??
Show us the examination malpractices statistics. . . . . .That is the only way i would agree Bayelsans are smart.
What is to say your wards don't write their exams in their dining room?? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by debosky(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2009
I have allegiances all over Nigeria Sharon - I consider Onitsha, Bonny Island, Gusau (Zamfara state), Lagos and Gbongan (Osun State) as my homes.  cheesy

Let's even step back from who cheated/who got admitted properly argument. WHY are there SIGNIFICANTLY higher Igbo applicants to JAMB, despite the much vaunted higher population in the South West?

Figures from the 2006 Census http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/Connections/Pop2006.pdf
Including Lagos, the SW population is 27,581,993 Excluding Lagos it is 18,568,459.

In contrast, the SE population is 16,381,729!

Regardless of how you look at it, the census figures point to the Yoruba population being greater than Igbos by at least 12%, but our application numbers are at least 10% lower. Why is this large disconnect present?

Two easy possibilities

- Igbos are MUCH more than the census figures imply, meaning there is some manipulation to deliberately under-represent the South Eastern region.

-Yorubas are indeed regressing educationally, with fewer candidates even seeking University admission, despite the obviously larger population.

I don't believe either case is absolutely true, it is likely some combination of them both, and additional factors as well.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by BabaTony: 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2009
i have gone thru this thread, and i seems to have some questions to ask:

1. Are the statistics reeled out here based on the states of origin of the candidates or states where the students where registered?
2. Should the statistics be based on number of candidates or the percentage of the total population of that state or tribe?
3. Will this arguement move us in  Nigeria forwad or backward?
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Sauron1: 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2009
debosky:

I have allegiances all over Nigeria Sharon - I consider Onitsha, Bonny Island, Gusau (Zamfara state), Lagos and Gbongan (Osun State) as my homes.  cheesy

Well said!!!

Let's even step back from who cheated/who got admitted properly argument. WHY are there SIGNIFICANTLY higher Igbo applicants to JAMB, despite the much vaunted higher population in the South West?
Figures from the 2006 Census http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/Connections/Pop2006.pdf
Including Lagos, the SW population is 27,581,993 Excluding Lagos it is 18,568,459.
In contrast, the SE population is 16,381,729!
Regardless of how you look at it, the census figures point to the Yoruba population being greater than Igbos by at least 12%, but our application numbers are at least 10% lower. Why is this large disconnect present?

It's baffling. . . . . . . .
Maybe more SW students travel abroad to further their education more than the students in the SE.
That could well be a factor but it's still inadequate and cannot account for the huge disconnect.
It doesn't make sense but then nothing really makes sense in Naija.

Two easy possibilities
- Igbos are MUCH more than the census figures imply, meaning there is some manipulation to deliberately under-represent the South Eastern region.
-Yorubas are indeed regressing educationally, with fewer candidates even seeking University admission, despite the obviously larger population.
I don't believe either case is absolutely true, it is likely some combination of them both, and additional factors as well.

Yorubas regressing educationally?? I think not!!!
Every household in Lagos has 2 or more University graduates.
This is why the unemployment rate in Lagos is staggering.
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by Ibime(m): 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course, it was astounding to know Rivers/Bayelsa students are smarter than the swots in the SW.
While we are @ it, can you produce the statistics on examination malpractices??
Should Rivers/Bayelsa top the charts then we can reasonably assume you guys are irritatingly dodgy. grin grin grin

Show us the examination malpractices statistics. . . . . .That is the only way i would agree Bayelsans are smart.
What is to say your wards don't write their exams in their dining room?? tongue tongue tongue

My friend sharrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaap! Not only do we write the exams in our dining room, we also write them underwater whilst doing the front crawl - and still manage to whoop ass! grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

Graduates in what? Yahoozee? grin grin grin
Re: Look Who Is Going To School In Nigeria: The Statistics May Surprise You by debosky(m): 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2009
BabaTony:

i have gone thru this thread, and i seems to have some questions to ask:

1. Are the statistics reeled out here based on the states of origin of the candidates or states where the students where registered?
2. Should the statistics be based on number of candidates or the percentage of the total population of that state or tribe?
3. Will this arguement move us in  Nigeria forwad or backward?

1. JAMB statistics are based on state of origin. Population statistics are based on where people were counted at the time of the census.

2. Percentages have been displayed to highlight the differences in performances between different groups.

3. This argument will definitely move us forward - if there are deficiencies, we should identify where they are. If attempts are being made to create a false impression, those should be dealt with too.

~Sauron~:

Well said!!!

It's baffling. . . . . . . .
Maybe more SW students travel abroad to further their education more than the students in the SE.
That could well be a factor but it's still inadequate and cannot account for the huge disconnect.
It doesn't make sense but then nothing really makes sense in Naija.

Yorubas regressing educationally?? I think not!!!
Yorubas aren't the only ones in Lagos - if we make a claim that most people in Lagos are Yorubas, then our population beats that of the Igbos by close to 20% and we are still over 10% behind - that simply makes the case worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund / Adelakun Adenike, University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Pharmacy Student / Jenifa's Diary English: A Project Topic In OAU (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.