Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (70783 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2015
EMANY01:

Lagos mega IGR is standing on the platform provided by the presence of the operational control of the oil industry, its financing and servicing businesses in Lagos.

Relocating head offices and control of the oil Co's to the ND will at the first level HALVE THE IGR WITHIN A TWENTY FOUR MONTH PERIOD.

Not only the oil coys, but Lagos is west Africa's financial and commercial hub. So revenue generated from taxation and other royalties will be quite substantial, even if these oil coys are relocated to the ND.

6 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Ephemmm: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2015
Chukwutobi:
We need to ask serious questions:

What did Lagos state government do with their IGR? uuhn?

Lagos vs Akwa Ibom: Lagos is number 1 while Akwa Ibom is number 7 yet Akwa Ibom delivered many projects than Lagos.

BRT is a mess, fake roads everywhere, Fashola where is our money?

it is only an uninformed people like you that believe that internal revenue wholly belongs to state government. Besides, the allocation of Akwa Ibom is more than Lagos: why did you fail to recognize this?

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Kitsune: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2015
The report listed the 13 states that had yet to provide details of their IGR for 2014 as Abia, Adamawa, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Taraba and Yobe.

Obviously some people just dont know how to read. Thats for all those asking about Kano.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by wordychap: 11:40am On Jun 18, 2015
If this figures are anything to go by, then every state in this country can pay its workers without FG allocation.
Its definitely misplaced priorities to owe workers in an economy like ours.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 18, 2015
anonimi:
Any list of highest enrolment in primary, vocational, secondary & technical schools

And list of lowest number for out-of-school children?

there is actually: visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by 989900: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2015
Lagos, Enugu, Ogun, Oyo, and Kaduna, really tried. #nonoil

I guess Ogun and Oyo feed off the spill-off from 'Las Gidi'.

What's up with other states with no records?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by sutst: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
wordychap:
I disagree with akwa-ibom 15.9 billion
Where did they get such IGR from?
in d next four years it will get to 20b
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Setaje:

That's a stupid thing to say. What figures do u have to show that the igr is generated by non yorubas. Una don start. Abeg don't quote me wiv anything tribal u hear!
I said largely by non yorubas. Yorubas also contribute. Don't make it a tribal issue.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Setaje(f): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
new2020:

I said largely by non yorubas. Yorubas also contribute. Don't make it a tribal issue.

Tsheeeeeeeew.

8 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by amanze15(m): 11:45am On Jun 18, 2015
midolian:
With this, Lagos no suppose need any support from FG sef cheesy cheesy
lol for where, grin governance no be small thing o
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by lyntiffany(f): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2015
EMANY01:

Lagos mega IGR is standing on the platform provided by the presence of the operational control of the oil industry, its financing and servicing businesses in Lagos.

Relocating head offices and control of the oil Co's to the ND will at the first level HALVE THE IGR WITHIN A TWENTY FOUR MONTH PERIOD.
Tell those lousy whistle blowers they don't know about that.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by BLOTRS: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2015
chamboy:
Sorry Where are the Biafran states

D likes of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi
are you wearing infrared goggles? can't u see Enugu, Anambra, Delta and other south south states?

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by hamzeiy: 11:48am On Jun 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Rivers State: Ask Amaechi. He looted the treasury and Rivers is BROKE.

Akwa Ibom State: Apart from recent intakes/new staff members, EVERY OTHER member of staff have been paid till date and are not being owed at all. There's still need for the new administration to do something about this immediately.
your response has made your bigotry so clear......defending one easily while castigatin the other....broda evrything shouldnt be about politics.. we should try to be rational on issues
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by NoreenUG(f): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2015
bogolobango:
Lagooner make una see una life oyo state with rusted roof nd ogun generates more revenue than anambra nd u guys to claim its the most industrious state in nigeria

Chaii i don forget lagos grin

Proudly south westerner

but oga suffersticated beggar, see ur useless life naa. enugu state with a population far lower than oyo state generates 19.2 billion which is still above the same oyo.
I thought u pple were the same ones spreading lies and propaganda about how osun state is the 7th largest economy with an igr "larger than anambra, imo, enugu, abia and ebonyi"? because I checked on that list and couldn't find osun.
I guess we now know who the delusional pathological liars are.

proudly south easterner cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:
TOP TEN STATES BY IGR IN BILLIONS OF NAIRA

1-Lagos -- N276.1
2-Rivers -- N89.1
3-Delta -- N42.8

4-Enugu -- N19.2
5-Ogun -- N17.4
6-Oyo -- N16.3
7-Akwa Ibom -- N15.9

8-Kaduna -- N12.7
9-Bayelsa -- N10.9
10-Anambra -- N10.4

Source:http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-22-others-collected-n586-6bn-igr-in-2014-nbs/

Excerpt

CC lalasticlala

Where is Osun?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by lyntiffany(f): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2015
NoreenUG:

but oga suffersticated beggar, see ur useless life naa. enugu state with a population far lower than oyo state generates 19.2 billion which is still above the same oyo.
I thought u pple were the same ones spreading lies and propaganda about how osun state is the 7th largest economy with an igr "larger than anambra, imo, enugu, abia and ebonyi"? because I checked on that list and couldn't find osun.

babe you can say that again, ignore the whistle blowers.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by BiafranPrince: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2015
chamboy:
Sorry Where are the Biafran states

D likes of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi

Abia is yet to be released, but I am sure it will be above Anambra or within its range.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by TheOtherview: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2015
Kitsune:
The report listed the 13 states that had yet to provide details of their IGR for 2014 as Abia, Adamawa, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Taraba and Yobe.

Obviously some people just dont know how to read. Thats for all those asking about Kano.

True - that.

Kano was definitely trending upwards here

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by NoreenUG(f): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2015
lyntiffany:
babe you can say that again, ignore the whistle blowers.

whistle blowers? you mean talking drum beaters? grin

[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2397277_worldtallestdrum1c.jpeg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by soulhighman(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2015
new2020:

Yet it has the largest debt...deceiving the gullible ones. It's no different from Osun..it borrows greatly to supplement it's IGR; an IGR generated largely by non yorubas.
Tell the non yorubas to go back to their states then, so they can generate IGR for their state and not Lagos. After all,Lagos never begged them to come and help generate IGR.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Kagarko(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Where is Kano state? With the high FG allocation it receives monthly.
Talking about internally generated revenue not money given from oil revenue to states.
Kano is definitely among the first five but because they don't provide their financial detail for 2014.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by attacker231: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Devil punish ukwungum?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by anonimi: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:

there is actually: visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Many thanks for the referenced thread.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Goahead:
Where's state of Osun

Ogbeni Aregberascal have brought state of Osun to it's pathetic knees. cry
cant U Read Ni? Osun #8.5bn Na, Read Again

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Abokys deceiving yorubas & south south since 1960
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by wordychap: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
mmsen:

Hotels/Tourism, construction (and surrounding businesses) as well as an influx of retailers and manufacturers.

Imagine what the IGR would be if churches and other houses of religious fraud had to pay tax?
Hotels/tourism, construction companies, yes.
Apart from these how many companies r in akwa ibom that will give it 15 billion in a month? Almost all companies are grounded apart from say, exxonmobil
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by unite4real: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
samueld0:
If Osun state is Truely generating #8b and still can't pay sallary for eight months then the man is heartless

guy, that 8B is in Naira and it's for 12 months. trouble dey o.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by chrisxxx(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
If u believe these figures especially that of Rivers State then u are a learner. This is just about 10% of total accrued revenue.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Where is Osun?
go Thru It Again Osun #8.5bn

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by kinibigdeal(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yet lagos is owing 415billion naira debt undecided
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
NoreenUG:

go Thru It Again, I Can See Osun With #8.5bn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.