Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (48010 Views)

Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / Nnamdi Kanu: Treasonable Felony Charges 'empty' Says Lawyer / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by NewsHub: 6:30am On Jun 23, 2015
SUBMARINE:

People like you who voted him are the dullards

Have I answered your question.? grin
You are not just a dullard but a compound fool if you think you are smart yet a dullard is your president. You call someone a dullard when your
entire generation might never achieve half of what he has achieved.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by inkreezz(m): 6:36am On Jun 23, 2015
lier wer did u gt N5 billion u gv d soldiers 2 fight yr brodas BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mightyokwy(m): 6:38am On Jun 23, 2015
Apart from corruption which has bedevil the country, another big problem with this country is the youths. We ar so gulible that we allowed our selve to be deceived by mere political propaganda from greedy politicians. Saint buhari should swear he did't loot our treasury wen he was the military head of state. Gej disapointed us just like every other pass leaders. Even baba once chance also. Naija youths abeg make we wake up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ibietela2(m): 6:39am On Jun 23, 2015
[s]
omenka:
What a shame.

I'm yet to see a single reason why Jonathan should have been retained on that seat. When Bakere said it years ago that Jonathan was on a mission to bankrupt the country, people called the gentleman all manner of unprintable names but it seems he's now being vindicated by providence.

PDP/Jonathan knew what they had done to this nation and that was the reason behind the kind of campaign the marshalled against the President.

I really hope to see a lot of the people who worked under Jonathan account for the state of our treasury, and justify that under the conditions of crude oil sales that prevailed at that time.
[/s]

TRASH

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Chuksab: 6:49am On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 23, 2015
tucky200:

At least all of em where better than the first south southerner
Buhari will surely do better,
Am a million % sure abt that

It doesn't pay to be ignorant.

Mention any northern president and what he did that makes him better than GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by abtmaviz(m): 6:51am On Jun 23, 2015
omenka:
What a shame.

I'm yet to see a single reason why Jonathan should have been retained on that seat. When Bakere said it years ago that Jonathan was on a mission to bankrupt the country, people called the gentleman all manner of unprintable names but it seems he's now being vindicated by providence.

PDP/Jonathan knew what they had done to this nation and that was the reason behind the kind of campaign the marshalled against the President.

I really hope to see a lot of the people who worked under Jonathan account for the state of our treasury, and justify that under the conditions of crude oil sales that prevailed at that time.

And here is your reply
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tucky200(m): 6:52am On Jun 23, 2015
gboss4sure:

It doesn't pay to be ignorant.

Mention any northern president and what he did that makes him better than GEJ.

Lol,
Are u for real !!!
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by StOla: 6:53am On Jun 23, 2015
lawanson44:

You seem to have forgotten so soon about the CBN staff that recycled over N8billion whom are mostly yorubas. N8bn is just a paltry sum which was destroyed by your thieving brothers in order to hide evidence. Only God knows how much they stole and here you are on Nairaland blaming NOI. This was what GEJ saw that made him not to put Yorubastards into key positions because they are well known thieves which made the whole of South West hate him for it. Your thieving brothers were also in the fore front of the Oil Subsidy scam which was investigated in the past

Tell your yorubastard brothers in both CBN and NNPC to remit what they stole which should have been in the Federal Reserves rather than exhibiting your foolishness on a public forum. Omo were!

So in your opinion thieves should be the ones to come explain why the nation's finance is in a dire state?
I believe the NNPC is not headed by a Yoruba, neither was the minister of petroleum also a Yoruba.

I believe the erstwhile minister of finance insisted till the very end that the nation isn't broke? Care to enlighten us on why we now have all this sad revelations?

If anyone hates Jonathan, it's because he was clueless and utterly irresponsible. Such irresponsibility is what has made the nation's finance to become so shitty. Obviously you belong to the same school of dunce as the clown that asked "how much did Jim Nwobodo stole? ". We sacked him, it hurts your tribal ego and we don't care. There are more important things concerning the nation to care about.

Lastly, don't you think you'll save more time just typing "Yoruba" rather than your childish attempts at bigotry on a purely economic discussion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ibietela2(m): 6:54am On Jun 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously though, what do you all expect the president to do? I don't know why Nigerians can't set their priorities right, there's no money in the nations's treasury and y'all are shouting "get working".

I like Jonathan as a person but as a president, he was not it at all, his administration and cabinet need probing, i'm not sure of the current president either, till he proves himself, but that doesn't mean I can't use my senses.

Ok sense girl
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2015
tucky200:

Lol,
Are u for real !!!

Go ahead and list them and their achievements and let's compare them with GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by brightnessDmed: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2015
bodeloja:

For decades Northern President messed up this country, so i dont see your point, Buhari better not disappoint.

Didn't know some Nigerians were still this daft until I saw your post. Keep praising that clueless looter because his your kinsman that is you headache. All I am interested in now is that change has come to stay.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by abtmaviz(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously though, what do you all expect the president to do? I don't know why Nigerians can't set their priorities right, there's no money in the nations's treasury and y'all are shouting "get working".

I like Jonathan as a person but as a president, he was not it at all, his administration and cabinet need probing, i'm not sure of the current president either, till he proves himself, but that doesn't mean I can't use my senses.

So because it's the Duara Dullard or na Dogo Yaro sef him be we should take it easy with him ba

Same him promised heaven on earth why complain when he knew too well he can't handle it, pleading the media should take things easy with his administration wtf does that huh

He better gets to work and stop bleating

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ovu4real: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2015
Trash. He is looking 4 a way to escape his inability to handle that position. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by blakky97(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2015
samueld0:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday said that he inherited a “‎virtually empty treasury” with debts running into hundreds of millions of Dollars and appealed to the media to explain the true position to Nigerians so that “they won’t match on us”.

The President who spoke while meeting with members of the State House Press Corps said it was a disgrace that Nigeria is not able to pay workers salaries adding that this was as a result of bad management.

According to him, there was ‎already a lot of pressure on his government due to the huge expectations of Nigerians on what they desire from the administration.

While calling on the media to cooperate with his administration‎, President Buhari said he choose Femi Adesina to be his Adviser because he is ‘one of the best’.

President Muhammadu Buhari attending to some files in his office as he resumed duties at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

“It is not by accident that I got the best of you to be the special adviser, one of the 15 aides  I had to get clearance from the Senate‎. He is one of the best President of the guild that I can have as special advisers. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.

“Whether my job is a difficult one or easy it is up to him, but I’m here to thank you in advance for ‎what good and ill you are going to do to me.

“I have to quickly come and see you and welcome you to this place. I hope ‎what happened of recent between the former president and one of you (the seizure of the accreditation of the Radio Germany reporter) will not happen between me and you.

“I hope we are starting and this culture developed, of 100 days is bringing so much pressure with treasury virtually empty, with debts in millions of dollars, with state workers and even federal workers not paid their salaries. It is such a disgrace for Nigeria. I think Nigeria should be in a position to even pay it’s workers. This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your help to protect us from people before they match on us” he said.

For members of the State House Press Corps, it is a first time that they would be meeting the president, starting from President Obasanjo up to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Chairman of the State House Press Corps, Kehinde Amodu who spoke on behalf of members of the Corp pledge to work with the government in the interest of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nigerias-treasury-is-virtually-empty-buhari/
another way of saying what?
yay! baba fear have now be cashing me on behalf of you oh!
na you promise say naija go better
what of if to say I come turn down yankee visa nkor?
na dis one I go dey hia?
yay! baba! cold have cash me under the hot sun.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by menxer: 7:08am On Jun 23, 2015
freecocoa:

no mind them, some people are blinded by frustration, envy and hate; that we are not APC supporters does not mean burying our head in the sand just to spite them. we are first Nigerians before any party affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Bizibi(m): 7:22am On Jun 23, 2015
Does he know what empty treasury is.....this is a nation not a state

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by neocortex: 7:34am On Jun 23, 2015
tucky200:

At least all of em where better than the first south southerner
Buhari will surely do better,
Am a million % sure abt that

In deed they are better , that is why they have millions of Almajiris begging for alms in the street.
I can't remember traveling through any southern state and finding such mess.
It is also because of the "better" development that you have Bokoharam killing on a massive scale.
Can you now see how "better" the Northern leaders have been.
It takes more than the eyey to see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ideylaff: 7:41am On Jun 23, 2015
PvtParts:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed

[size=18pt]all this talk about FG being broke is only to pave way for Buhari taking a juicy IMF loan which will be in dollars and is meant to put us in bondage to JP Morgan and Co for the next 40yrs

The change they promised was to steer us back to the dollar which GEJ was set to dump

This is why Obama wanted him out to the point of loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and brazenly opposing our fight against the Bokos.

Already Sanusi has been appointed into the board of the US based Financial giant Blackstone who are to invest $5bn in our Energy market [/size]

Give the man a Chance.... haba.... he's only 3 weeks in the seat

hes just giving you an outlook of what is on ground its called transparency simple

GEJ really spent the treasury dry for his relection and over the years...

People need to be in jail

Just yesterday we found out that he injected 500 within 3 weeks after losing his elction into the civil service when you are meant to go lean

ehnnnnn

allow Buhari dont wish him bad cps ds Nigeria is all ours ooo

make his Job easier by challenging the NASS, #Occupy Nass... Buhari /FG cannot do ot, the law does not allow him to interfere unless he uses presidential veto now and again, but with Bukola saraki in the seat.. hes bn checkmated... big time and all people see was Tinubu....

Lawan was not even tinubus candidate sef.....
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by austinesteve(m): 7:45am On Jun 23, 2015
teajays:

lol see who get brain! sicko!

hold on!!!...are you by any means trying to insult me?.....see that shiit u guys do on NL...don't just bring it near me. Buhari is not ur father. I have never insulted even d smallest person in this forum so pls don't try it with me.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mrmetoo1: 7:49am On Jun 23, 2015
mrborntodoit:
The treasury was meant to cater for the needs of the nation,it's normal for it to be spent and refilled with the nations income.

When Gej took over,it was almost empty,he worked with the funds left and generated more funds .

If their are any irregularities,then he should probe them.

The Daura President should stop giving flimsy excuses,he should get to work instead of complaining about virtually everything .

It wasn't empty. He inherited billions in all the accounts. He came in at a time we had highest revenue. What did he do with all that money?
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Masculity(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2015
Hope you will pay allowee this month eehh undecidedundecided
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by odomanis: 7:52am On Jun 23, 2015
Bobbystanley:
We expected you to Say that.

Baba declare your asset now.
So we would know if u inherited an empty treasury after your tenure.

Dont give us reason to loot our money and get down to work

NO ! He wont declare his assets now. He needs at least 3 months during which he would have acquired so much as president, then he will declare them as his assets. A sincere leader should declare his assets on the first day of assuming office, not months or even weeks after taking over power.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 23, 2015
PvtParts:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed

[size=18pt]all this talk about FG being broke is only to pave way for Buhari taking a juicy IMF loan which will be in dollars and is meant to put us in bondage to JP Morgan and Co for the next 40yrs

The change they promised was to steer us back to the dollar which GEJ was set to dump

This is why Obama wanted him out to the point of loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and brazenly opposing our fight against the Bokos.

Already Sanusi has been appointed into the board of the US based Financial giant Blackstone who are to invest $5bn in our Energy market [/size]

....Mthewwwwww and what's ur point sef?
dat buhari's intention is to give excuse to steal
Are u a Nigerian at all
Is it today dat Naija would be broke? y is it so hard for u to believe d man??
Maybe u shud channel ur tot towards positivity....it would help.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by omohanet(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2015
If the Nation was on course we wouldn't have voted u in as presido to replace Jona so Pls sir stop telling what we knew and start working. Or are u trying to make xcuses for ur promises. Pls ooooo GMB.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Jalal(m): 8:01am On Jun 23, 2015
What a shame! GEJ and his cronies should be probed shikenan! If Buhari doesnt then he's shielding the corrupt and wat does that make him?
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by proxillin(m): 8:04am On Jun 23, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.

GEJ met 17billion dollar foreign reserve. 0 Dollar foreign debt. Idiot
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mrmetoo1: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2015
PvtParts:

By far the most annoying aspect of this nonsense speak by Buhari is that if he were the President of the US and he came out and declared that the US govt is broke, you can expect the stock market and dollar to crash overnight.

Somebody should educate this geriatric fool that as a leader you are supposed to inspire confidence and not preach doom.

Smh!! You're really trying to portray yourself as educated. You know that if Obama inherited an empty treasury, he won't have to say it himself before the news is out there right? In Nigeria we don't hold our government accountable enough, this is the reason we're just finding out from another administration the real state of the nation.

Let's go back to the US, Obama complained about the state of the economy. In 2008, the stock market was crashing every single day. Big businesses couldn't pay their salaries, they were begging the government for a bailout. Obama told us the real state of the economy while McCain because he was a republican and I guess he felt the need to defend his party a little bit said "the fundamentals of our economy is still very strong" meanwhile people were losing jobs or on the verge of it, banks were shutting down and so on.. He never recovered from that statement and that was the final nail to his coffin. Obama was always real and the reason he did that was so that people would manage their expectations. It took months if not years for the US stock market to bounce back.

Please guy stick to what you know
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by francizy(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Na ya papa treasury? grin
You dey fyne money to put UNEMPLOYED Almajiris of your Northern Nigeria from CHAD and NIGER REPUB on welfare kwo? grin
Shebi you wan be president? grin
You tink say Jonathan concede for nothing?

Oya begin CHANGE with the COWS for ya farm ke!

Muchechecheche

You met it empty?
LEAVE IT EMPTY!
Shikena! kiss

How much OBJ carry go keep for ETHIOPIA? shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mrmetoo1: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2015
mightyokwy:
Apart from corruption which has bedevil the country, another big problem with this country is the youths. We ar so gulible that we allowed our selve to be deceived by mere political propaganda from greedy politicians. Saint buhari should swear he did't loot our treasury wen he was the military head of state. Gej disapointed us just like every other pass leaders. Even baba once chance also. Naija youths abeg make we wake up.

Buhari has said this numerous times and no one yet had been able to prove him wrong. Even his fiercest opponents have not been able to say he looted. Besides what we're talking about is the current situation. Was your point that if Buhari stole them it's ok that GEJ too emptied the treasury?
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by dotune(m): 8:31am On Jun 23, 2015
Before the fall of oil price, we were selling at $100 per barrel. The govt of that time should be made to account for the money and how they spent it. Don't make excuses for them because u r from the same area. Corruption will never be fought if ordinary citizens defend political thieves because of ethnic affiliation. Everyone of them should be probed either Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. I'm not interested in sending anyone to jail. But they should refund most of what they stole and their names should be published so that thier lineage will never serve in the govt again ever!
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by egobetatoday: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2015
nigeria's treasury is virtually empty but can still pay 8billion naira to the lawmakers as clothing/ dressing allowance? ok...kindly also manage to do all u have to do. the 'empty treasury' is more than enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays / Buhari Wants To Islamise Nigeria- Fayose / Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.