Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,945 members, 7,828,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (48051 Views)

Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / Nnamdi Kanu: Treasonable Felony Charges 'empty' Says Lawyer / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by klax(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.

GMB pls no excuse pls abeg. Gej inherited same and settle for work so pls no excuse. Go work and stop talking and start work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by drnoel: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Give buhari what that clueless man inherited,
And you see nigeria become the best nation in africa

U think say. Well now ur Buhari has his chance. Let him proof to nigerians that he is more or less clueless than GEJ was said to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by may0001: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Well said.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by aboabai(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

This is not an excuse. He needs to let us know the current situation of things. Whatever expectation you have just believe that Buhari will try his best to put this nation of track. Nigeria has derailed decades ago. A 4 year term is not enough to put everything right. All what we need is a brand new start and this will not just happen overnight without serious overhauling of the entire system. We need a workable structure that is corruption intolerant, to even start this process he needs couple of weeks to diagnose the handing over documents.The whole system is decayed you and I know that, so don't let us be too quick in judging this administration. I am neither APC nor PDP. I am a Nigerian who has the nation's interest at the centre of my heart. Take for instance David Cameron is returned as Prime Minister of Great Britain, over six weeks now it's meetings and reiterating of promises. This is normal as consultations and meetings with people and professionals in all areas and works of life are also part of the change process. So election is over let us give him time to concentrate and give us what we want. It's a very huge task that one month can not be use to measure his performance. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria, her citizens and the President.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mekonglobal(m): 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Amazondepth:
Baba start working.its d very dilapidated state of the nation that heralded ur elevation to d position u presently occupy and naturally u made all believe u knew how to go about it,hence ur 12 years struggle to bcom d president.trust me,Nigerians are aware of all these,just go about solving d problems with d determination u sought for d post of presido.abeg we don tire to hear empty treasury.if u must,then let d people dat emptied d treasury b brought to nook na!pls sir start working
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by jesussaves22: 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

You are a big foool 4 saying that. He taught to rule nigeria is obi come eat food is ready nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ocelot2006(m): 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Hehehehehehehehe yeah right grin

GEJ left a Nigeria that was better off infrastructure - wise with a fast growing economy and a remarkably improved security condition. 'Seems these have all changed now...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
Stop complaining and start work, only a lazy engineer crys foul at the task at hand, assemble your laboures(ministers) get your building plans(economic blue print) get your materials and get us results solutions and progress
I voted for president buhari but this talk talk don tire me
We know the problems but we believe in your maturity and experience to work out Nigeria asension from the grave of poverty corruption and insecurity
Thank you Sir. I thank Allah our Presido na Military General so na ACTION MAN we want not talk talk

Gej is gone forever so let us stop looking back and start looking forward at the challenges ahead

The driver that keeps looking at the back will soon end in a ............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
StOla:

Don't give up yet. I believe you have something intelligent to say as to why a Finance Minister should not be called for questioning on matters bordering on the nation's finance.

You seem to have forgotten so soon about the CBN staff that recycled over N8billion whom are mostly yorubas. N8bn is just a paltry sum which was destroyed by your thieving brothers in order to hide evidence. Only God knows how much they stole and here you are on Nairaland blaming NOI. This was what GEJ saw that made him not to put Yorubastards into key positions because they are well known thieves which made the whole of South West hate him for it. Your thieving brothers were also in the fore front of the Oil Subsidy scam which was investigated in the past

Tell your yorubastard brothers in both CBN and NNPC to remit what they stole which should have been in the Federal Reserves rather than exhibiting your foolishness on a public forum. Omo were!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by nworanco(m): 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

At least all of em where better than the first south southerner
Buhari will surely do better,
Am a million % sure abt that
How? even ur own people feels the rots ur own people left. To much mass poverty in the north .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by dayodare49o: 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
samueld0:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday said that he inherited a “‎virtually empty treasury” with debts running into hundreds of millions of Dollars and appealed to the media to explain the true position to Nigerians so that “they won’t match on us”.

The President who spoke while meeuting with members of the State House Press Corps said it was a disgrace that Nigeria is not able to pay workers salaries adding that this was as a result of bad management.

According to him, there was ‎already a lot of pressure on his government due to the huge expectations of Nigerians on what they desire from the administration.

While calling on the media to cooperate with his administration‎, President Buhari said he choose Femi Adesina to be his Adviser because he is ‘one of the best’.

President Muhammadu Buhari attending to some files in his office as he resumed duties at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

“It is not by accident that I got the best of you to be the special adviser, one of the 15 aides  I had to get clearance from the Senate‎. He is one of the best President of the guild that I can have as special advisers. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.

“Whether my job is a difficult one or easy it is up to him, but I’m here to thank you in advance for ‎what good and ill you are going to do to me.

“I have to quickly come and see you and welcome you to this place. I hope ‎what happened of recent between the former president and one of you (the seizure of the accreditation of the Radio Germany reporter) will not happen between me and you.

“I hope we are starting and this culture developed, of 100 days is bringing so much pressure with treasury virtually empty, with debts in millions of dollars, with state workers and even federal workers not paid their salaries. It is such a disgrace for Nigeria. I think Nigeria should be in a position to even pay it’s workers. This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your help to protect us from people before they match on us” he said.

For members of the State House Press Corps, it is a first time that they would be meeting the president, starting from President Obasanjo up to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Chairman of the State House Press Corps, Kehinde Amodu who spoke on behalf of members of the Corp pledge to work with the government in the interest of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nigerias-treasury-is-virtually-empty-buhari/
I don't know why this idiot is trying to play on our intelligence again and again. You cried because the country is currupt. You promise that you will deal with all that stole our money, you knew before you got there now why are you repeating it again. Get those that made our treasury empty as promised stop telling us what we know, just do what we can't do.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
eliment:
Gej inherited billions of dollars in the treasury, got the highest revenue Nigeria has ever gotten since independence but left Nigeria with empty pulse coupled with bogus debt. undecided undecided

If this man no go jail hen, that means PMB is a very kind hearted man
...bogus?check the meaning....bogus=false....use corpulent instead...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by nworanco(m): 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:
What is this one saying
Don't deceive urself, get to ur senses and be matured, okay
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by omolami: 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hallucination of the dullards like Buhari , president without certificate

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by nworanco(m): 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
omenka:
What a shame.

I'm yet to see a single reason why Jonathan should have been retained on that seat. When Bakere said it years ago that Jonathan was on a mission to bankrupt the country, people called the gentleman all manner of unprintable names but it seems he's now being vindicated by providence.

PDP/Jonathan knew what they had done to this nation and that was the reason behind the kind of campaign the marshalled against the President.

I really hope to see a lot of the people who worked under Jonathan account for the state of our treasury, and justify that under the conditions of crude oil sales that prevailed at that time.

Then let Buhari probe him and get back those monies from Jonathan and his cohorts

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by chrmn1: 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
PvtParts:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed

[size=18pt]all this talk about FG being broke is only to pave way for Buhari taking a juicy IMF loan which will be in dollars and is meant to put us in bondage to JP Morgan and Co for the next 40yrs

The change they promised was to steer us back to the dollar which GEJ was set to dump

This is why Obama wanted him out to the point of loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and brazenly opposing our fight against the Bokos.

Already Sanusi has been appointed into the board of the US based Financial giant Blackstone who are to invest $5bn in our Energy market [/size]

Nice post. I suppored PMB in the polls for reasons many on here give but right now I am one of his constructive critics. I believe the reason why Nigerians voted for him was because we knew that the economy was not well managed. Its okay to tell his ordeal but I think he'd be judged more based on results. I wish him all the best. I do not quite envy him but again I'd say he chose to take up the challenge.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by boxypane(m): 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:

The day Nigerians like u start thinking, d better. U comment based on facts n not propaganda. JeeeEezzzzzz
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by zoraro(m): 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
omenka:
Buhari is Buhari and nor "Northen Presidents". No doubt things would have been a lot more different had his first coming been longer than it was.

Jonathan had no reason to fail as much as he did or leave an empty treasury. No time in the history of the country did we earn as much as we did under Jonathan. What is there to show for all that?? A couple of locomotive trains which we only saw during campaigns. Where are they today?? Did Jonathan even fulfil a single campaign promise of his in 2011??

That dude leaves a lot to be desired from an adult honestly. He simply didn't know what was required of him as a president.

If under President Jonathan administration Nigeria earned much more than other administrations why are you not giving him any credit angry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by doublewisdom: 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Baba one chance

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
chigoizie7:

Mtcheeeeew,

Stupidity raised to the power of negative infinity.

In other words, u are telling the whole world that we are bankrupt?

Which foreign investor will want to invest in such an economy?

There are ways of handling issues so that it will not get out of hand.

Apparently, u ve come out to tell everyone that the treasury was empty b4 u assumed office, just to save ur face(selfish interest) forgetting the negative impact it will deal on the economy on the long run.

This very Govt does not have what it takes to rule dis very geographical terrain called country.

I am sick and tired of reading all these trash.

Obj took over from military govt( that was one of the hardest transition any govt can survive) but he didn't complain, he rather took the bulls by the horn and started work.(There were irregularities, YES)

GEJ took over,meet so many dilapidated projects abandoned by the military which OBJ could not tackle, he also had the bull by the horn and started working.(There were also irregularities. YES)

PMB, took, over, he is already lamenting, stop giving us reasons why we should not hold u accountable when u eventually could not deliver all those ur unattainable bogus campaign promises u made to us, and get to work.
Start work 1st, stop giving us reasons to fail, give us reasons why u must succeed.(Until we see the irregularities)

I am sick and tired of this govt already, always talking talking, too much media publicity.

PMB I wish u best of luck as a president, give us reasons to be strong and not reasons to be weak.

Ee be like say na tanzania sure pass for me sef, were is my passport again?

you have a point their....you understand economics.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by teajays(m): 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
People sha! You are here saying PMB should get to work and stop complaining abi, Where were you 16 years ago, let me guess in your momma's womb ryt! You speak negative of GMB's administration on here tonight then YOU ARE A BIG FOOL and so you shall REMAIN
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by boxypane(m): 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
PvtParts:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed

[size=18pt]all this talk about FG being broke is only to pave way for Buhari taking a juicy IMF loan which will be in dollars and is meant to put us in bondage to JP Morgan and Co for the next 40yrs

The change they promised was to steer us back to the dollar which GEJ was set to dump

This is why Obama wanted him out to the point of loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and brazenly opposing our fight against the Bokos.

Already Sanusi has been appointed into the board of the US based Financial giant Blackstone who are to invest $5bn in our Energy market [/size]

After u waste space, u still no make sense. A place for loan or whatsoever. Refineries start operation in july, other sectors abandoned after d oil boom is been looked into. U taking sides wit a GEJ and a faultful Iweala who misdirected dis country with lies of stability all the while.
You are the illiterate!!!!!!!.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Micmon: 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Abeg, PMB should get †✆ work, immediately and stop complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by boxypane(m): 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
doublewisdom:
Baba one chance
And you are DOUBLE-wisdom right? SMH
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by teajays(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
omolami:
Hallucination of the dullards like Buhari , president without certificate

Which one you papa get? people like you kills the good spirit of others yea, ok because you said this to an innocent old man you think you are FOOL oh sorry that is what you are my brother a very big one at that! #peace
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by FLYFIRE(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
boxypane:

After u waste space, u still no make sense. A place for loan or whatsoever. Refineries start operation in july, other sectors abandoned after d oil boom is been looked into. U taking sides wit a GEJ and a faultful Iweala who misdirected dis country with lies of stability all the while.
You are the illiterate!!!!!!!.
YIU ARE A VERY BIG F.OOL. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUR THIEVING OLD DULLARD SAID ABACHA NEVER TOUCHED NIGERIA'S KOBO BECAUSE HE WAS PART OF IT...HYPOCRITES

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by omenka(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
zoraro:

If under President Jonathan administration Nigeria earned much more than other administrations why are you not giving him any credit angry.
Give him credit that oil sold for over 100dollars per barrel Are you okay Or am I supposed to give him credit for squandering the earnings??
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by austinesteve(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
this old man is full of excuses, now I see why they refer to him as the brainless one.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by dougivilla(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
But he said during the campaigns that he was sure he will meet an empty treasury if he wins, yet he kept promising miracles.

Now he has won and no single message of hope, only what is wrong, and what has not been done correctly

Baba has gone from being an unrepentant complainant to a nagging president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
hmmm....
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by teajays(m): 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
waternogetememy:
Baba one chance...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by teajays(m): 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
austinesteve:
this old man is full of excuses, now I see why they refer to him as the brainless one.....

lol see who get brain! sicko!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Marks IPOB Sit-At-Home With Python (Photos) / Hushpuppi: Why Police May Not Release Kyari To FBI / Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.