Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Is The Right Age To Get Married? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Right Age To Get Married? (114658 Views)

When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by daduke2k(m): 2:28am On Apr 04, 2010
Who cares, if u so hate d trad society. Then bleepin change it and stop yning
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by ayettymama(f): 3:15am On Apr 04, 2010
@topic

the age when my mom starts giving me greif!
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by babymine(f): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2010
25-28 years
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by yusuf2(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
btw 25 & 35 Depending on ur account balance. mehn, if u get married without a financial backup or plan, U'RE FINISHED, 4get all those "have faith, the lord would provide" trust me, Poverty wld consume u like fire.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by babymine(f): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2010
yusuf_@:

btw 25 & 35 Depending on your account balance. mehn, if u get married without a financial backup or plan, U'RE FINISHED, 4get all those "have faith, the lord would provide" trust me, Poverty wld consume u like fire.

R u speaking out of experience? grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by obiksam(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2010
The best age to get married is 31,32,33
so that you can marry a gul of 26,27,28
But for me to marry a gul btwn 20 to 25
God forbid i don't want to die young
their head is still hurt they are not ready
to settle down yet.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by yusuf2(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2010
babymine:

R u speaking out of experience? grin
yes, when i was married 2 u grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by NFemi(f): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2011
The "right" age to marry all depends on the individuals. Their maturity, reason, etc. I know of some very young couples who love one another and are rooted in God's Word. Then there are others who get married due to physical attraction. Whatever the age, they should be mature enough to understand that marriage is a ministry and work.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by OneDee(m): 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2011
At the age whenever the person's ready.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by kandiikane(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
If we choose God's choice of married, For a woman you are ready the day you bleed, Men the day you can make babies,

I do not think maturity comes to you when you in your late 20s or 30s, Mental maturity can start even as a kid, I am speaking from personal experience. I was ready to married since when I was 14, I was mature for my age, I hanged with women in their 20s, I was physically amd mentally ready for married, And just because I did not yet finish school meant that I was going to financially rely on my man,

Maturity can start at any age, environment I think can also affect your maturity,
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by desholah(m): 7:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
OP.
22 yrs old upward!
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2011
mid to late 30's.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by lovelydoll: 2:40am On Dec 09, 2011
lol i will never marry at 20 years thts flippin insane, i am noit even ready for kids and i stilll depend on my mommmy.

only village girls are ready to marrry at 16 they don't reallly have anything else to do.

i will get married at 36 ,yes it's possible

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 09, 2011
lovelydoll:

lol i will never marry at 20 years thts flippin insane, i am noit even ready for kids and i stilll depend on my mommmy.

only village girls are ready to marrry at 16 they don't reallly have anything else to do.

i will get married at 36 ,yes it's possible
u can get married when u like but at 36 u will be an expired product by then
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
For a lady 24-29.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by emmyz09(m): 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
I feel everyone has a point,but it all depends on individuals and what they all want also without GOD in a relationship its a ship wreck.am
30 my fiancée is 27 we have both decided and agreed on things also I have asked God to have his way.there is no Ripe age for marriage remember cultures and experiences are different.NO RIPE AGE chikena
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by lovelydoll: 3:13am On Dec 10, 2011
Adetayo100:

u can get married when u like but at 36 u will be an expired product by then

lol am not living in nigeria , i am in the western country. expired lol yeah right i know a lot of women who got married in their 30s am fine, thank you
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
[size=28pt]The best time to marry has nothing to do with age, but when you are ready.
If you ready at 22, go ahead and marry.
If you are ready at 40, go ahead and marry.
But if you are going to marry and later harass the rest of the society with your ill-bred children, PLEASE SPARE US THE HORRORS AND TERRORS OF YOUR BAD MARRIAGE.

I know the social and family problems the church and charity centres have to address everyday.
The problems of bad marriages are the worst cases.

The majority of the unhappy couples bearing miserable children who become anti-social delinquents of the lunatic fringe populating mostly underdeveloped countries like Nigeria are those who were not ready for marriage.

Marriage is best when you are ready to start your family.
It is evil and wicked to bring innocent children into an insecure environment like Nigeria where the house has fallen. I feel sorry for all those who are marrying and bearing children in Nigeria today. The future of majority of them is very bleak.[/size].

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by lovelydoll: 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
Orikinla:

[size=28pt]The best time to marry has nothing to do with age, but when you are ready.
If you ready at 22, go ahead and marry.
If you are ready at 40, go ahead and marry.
But if you are going to marry and later harass the rest of the society with your ill-bred children, PLEASE SPARE US THE HORRORS AND TERRORS OF YOUR BAD MARRIAGE.

I know the social and family problems the church and charity centres have to address everyday.
The problems of bad marriages are the worst cases.

The majority of the unhappy couples bearing miserable children who become anti-social delinquents of the lunatic fringe populating mostly underdeveloped countries like Nigeria are those who were not ready for marriage.

Marriage is best when you are ready to start your family.
It is evil and wicked to bring innocent children into an insecure environment like Nigeria where the house has fallen. I feel sorry for all those who are marrying and bearing children in Nigeria today. The future of majority of them is very bleak.[/size].

thank you orikinla

i dunno why everyone is in a rush to marry, Gods time is the best time.
if God doesn't give me any man i now i will feel secure for me and my children,then i guess i wasn't destined to marry.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by prettygurlmoe(f): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2012
I feel like the right age is wen u are old enough to understand wut love is so that u will know that u love really truely love the person u are claiming u want to marry...I'm a 27 yr old female with a 4yr old daughter and I'm engaged to be married...its nt to my daughter father bt at one point we thought we was ready for that step too bt we was soo young and it didn't work out...bt now that I'm older and I know the real meaning of being in love I know this is the guy I want to marry
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Kk... To everything there's a time. As a guy, for me (can't speak for anyone else) I'll like to marry as soon as I start making a living for myself and can afford an apartment. Waiting till u become rich is jst a waste of tym. U'll jst end up wasting funds on yeye babes up and down. So for me say in the next 3-5 yrs. I'm 24 rite nw. For a lady I bliv it shud be latest 30. By the time u're over 30. Suitors reduce. Guys that are 30s or late 20s wud be going for younger girls in mid twenties or at worst their age mates. If you're a 30 year old u'll be on the look out for guys say only 30 and mid 30s. And I cn assure you that they are not in abundance. But if you're in ur mid 20s or nearing late 20s u have a much larger pool of suitors. Say u're 25. Ur pools is 25 to 35.
My 2kobo
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
For me though its advisable to marry at an early age,which I would not mind as well,
But I rather marry when I meet the right person.
The right person to me is someone,that no matter the situation,I would love till the end. Someone who I know we would be able to join our hands together to give our kids the best,even beyond wat we enjoyed ourselves when we wrre kids and someone who would love me back as well.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Temidestiny: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2012
gabriel7: i would like to have some suggestions about my case, i'm 22 and i already have my bachelors degree, and good position where i work thank God, i'm a very independent person, but for sure i have mistakes like everyone does, my girlfriend is 22 also, and she is just about to finish her college, and we are going to get marry soon, can i have your opinion, what do you think about this decicion!!! it will help me a lot.
If u love her, sure u wanna spend rest of ur life wit her and she makes u happy, go 4 it. My hubby n i got married wen i was 23 and he 24. Although iv always wanted to get married at 26 (my ideal age) Some ppl tell us we were both too young and rushed (mostly single ladies in their very late 20s ,30s) but i tell u wot, we are both the happest couple on this plannet, hes my partner, brother and bestfriend

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2012
There is no hard and fast rule as to when one should marry.I think it's down to maturity on all fronts:emotional,spiritual,physiological,to some extent,financial.
Throughout history,people have crawled,stumbled and staggered into the noblest of institutions at varied ages.Joseph became the Prime Minister of Egypt and married the same day at age 30; Isaac at age 40; SEAL got married to a single mum,Klum,I think,at age 46.So much for the age to get married-there is no such thing as ideal age,as we cannot possibly put taxation on it.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
Marriage is not compulsory.forget what society thinks.period
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 22, 2013
Now is the right time Mr. Osewa stop screwing around cheesy

8 years since you asked the question homie

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2013
REALITY101: Now is the right time Mr. Osewa stop screwing around cheesy

8 years since you asked the question homie
lmao

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Temidestiny:

If u love her, sure u wanna spend rest of ur life wit her and she makes u happy, go 4 it. My hubby n i got married wen i was 23 and he 24. Although iv always wanted to get married at 26 (my ideal age) Some ppl tell us we were both too young and rushed (mostly single ladies in their very late 20s ,30s) but i tell u wot, we are both the happest couple on this plannet, hes my partner, brother and bestfriend

this is cool y'know
wishing you more fruitful years ahead.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Fabdedon(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Angelgirl:

Seun, I dont like discussing sensitive issues like this one, but I can't help correcting this statement:
"if you're a lady, and you're close to or 30, please start panicking! Maybe you've been too picky?!"

I disagree with you brother, if you rush into marriage when you are not ready, you will rush out! I will be 30 by June 12, and for you information am not panicking, I'd better marry at 40 and live a happy life, than marry at 20 and stay unhappy for the rest of my life.
...sorry are you married now?
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by ireneony(f): 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
seun u are ripe for marriage o grin. i was in jss2 when this topic was made, are u still a bachelor? cos am ready for marriage o tongue
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by HonourablePomk: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
Seun:
What is the right age for marriage?

Is there a particular age at which you'd expect a lady or a man to be married? At what age should you start thinking about marriage? And at what age should you start panicking if you've not yet found the right man? If you say age doesn't matter, what are the things that matter and can they be measured?

Personally, I think the most important things to achieve before marriage are economic independence and a clear sense of where you're going in life. If you have that by 20, fire away. And if you're a lady, and you're close to or 30, please start panicking! Maybe you've been too picky?!

You are more than 20 Fire away na undecided linda ikeji is waiting there for you old man grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Shakirababy(f): 5:12am On May 19, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / Pic: What Your Face Says About Your Vagina / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.