Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547819 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2011
House, i would like to know the actual admission processing duration for US universities to get back to international student if application is approved for I-20 form,i apply to a university with the hope of getting feedback from them within 2 month , i will like to know the normal processing time it will take them to get back to me , i need information from someone who already had experience about the application approval duration.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
chiomado: Provided the regulation has not changed, a payment on a SEVIS number is valid for a year. You can easily confirm if the situation still remains the same on the SEVIS website. Goodluck!

jamiu: The time it takes for a college to make her admission decision varies and depends on so many factors. A student should ideally apply to many colleges. Goodluck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiomaodo: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
@aroy1 tnx alot.its still valid nd i'm goin to use it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emiss4(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2011
Good afternoon everyone,i work with a travel agency here in Lagos. what we do basically is seat reservation(Ticketing), hotel Reservation, international Passport and visa Procurement to any country of ur choice,it could be student visa,business visa, tourism visa,family visa e.t.c, what we will do is help u get the require document,give u guildline on the necessary details etc. with expert like us it is very easy, reliable and genius. for further enquires you can call me on 08022684796 or email me on emiss4life@yahoo.com thanks for reading my mail. hope to hear from you. please don't keep this to yourself tell others
LIST OF COUNTRIES WE MAJOR ON ARE
(a) CANADA
(b) USA
(C) SOUTH AFRICA
(D) KENYA
(E) EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
(F) UK
(G) MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES (QATAR, DUBAI, SAUDI ARABIAN,ISRAEL)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
Gudday house.pls i need your help. Am on scholarship to study in d u.s.pls,do i need to write test like toefl or gmat,or gre?(2)when asked of my sponsor's financial background,what will be my say,since am on scholarship.(3)what dn a scholarship offer conver? Pls i need answers frm an experience person.god bless.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
kuchikau:

Gudday house.pls i need your help. Am on scholarship to study in d u.s.pls,do i need to write test like toefl or gmat,or gre?(2)when asked of my sponsor's financial background,what will be my say,since am on scholarship.(3)what dn a scholarship offer conver? Pls i need answers frm an experience person.god bless.

This is a very hilarious post.I suppose you wrote up here that you are on a scholarship,so why are you now asking how to defend your scholarship benefit?No one can help you with what top say,it is you who will defend yourself.
Also you haven't written any standardised test and you claim to have scholarship.I dey laugh oooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2011
Emiss4:

Good afternoon everyone,i work with a travel agency here in Lagos. what we do basically is seat reservation(Ticketing), hotel Reservation, international Passport and visa Procurement to any country of your choice,it could be student visa,business visa, tourism visa,family visa e.t.c, what we will do is help u get the require document,give u guildline on the necessary details etc. with expert like us it is very easy, reliable and genius. for further enquires you can call me on 08022684796 or email me on emiss4life@yahoo.com thanks for reading my mail. hope to hear from you. please don't keep this to yourself tell others
LIST OF COUNTRIES WE MAJOR ON ARE
(a) CANADA
(b) USA
(C) SOUTH AFRICA
(D) KENYA
(E) EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
(F) UK
(G) MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES (QATAR, DUBAI, SAUDI ARABIAN,ISRAEL)

Ode . . . . You have access to all this place and you can;t pack all your entirely family out of the stinky room and parlour you leave in.

if you paste that yor email again i swear to america. ,  . I go hack am.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2011
kuchikau:

how do you got your scholarship?

who's your sponsor? Local govt, parent or guidance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 1:43am On Oct 06, 2011
kuchikau:

Gudday house.pls i need your help. Am on scholarship to study in d u.s.pls,do i need to write test like toefl or gmat,or gre? Pls i need answers frm an experience person.god bless.

GRE or GMAT and TOEFL (in most cases) are parts of the basic requirements for admission regardless of if you have a scholarship or not; but I dont quite understand your case, are you on scholarship already ? If yes,

(2)when asked of my sponsor's financial background,what will be my say,since am on scholarship.

Your sponsor's financial background, I guess refers to the organization or whoever is awarding you the scholarship

(3)what dn a scholarship offer conver?

Your scholarship award letter should explicitly state what expenses will be covered and the total amount awarded.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2011
Seedord247

Do you realize you're a big FOOL? sometimes i wonder how old are u? ur silly instinct should've let u know that there are somethings you should be ignoring here and how do you know about the guy's family? must everybody leave Nigeria before they can make it just exactly the way paupers like you think

Bros! e be like say that 55yrs old grandma toto u lick to pay tuition fees don dey scatter ur head abi? you need to get ur brain examined before u end up been a psychiatric patient, sule.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 10:48am On Oct 06, 2011
@ square65 thanks 4 ur info.abeg share your interview experience and please where do they ask 4 ur sevis reciept is it before or after the interview.as in shey na d V.O they ask 4 d reciept abi na other protocol officers.GOD bless u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emiss4(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
Ode . . . . You have access to all this place and you can;t pack all your entirely family out of the stinky room and parlour you leave in.

if you paste that yor email again i swear to america. ,  . I go hack am.

i thought responsible ppl are the ones on this site, i never expect a human being gushing out rubbish out of his mouth, i don't want to trade words with u but all i can tell all nairalander is that, because something is difficult or percieve to be difficult doesn't mean it is not achievable and can't be done. with helps of professional there is still some level of assurance. many ppl appling for visa have failed not because of lack of preparedness but lack of necessary and valid information.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2011
Tanks kee-dee,am happy 4 yr concern.but still waiting 4 my 1-20 form,from d organisatn(my sponsor).pls do u no how long admission processing takes?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2011
Guday! Pls where can i find gre and toefl geniue tutorial in d f.c.t.abuja. Tanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2011
Kay-dee, square65, thanks for your input. I called the school and had them send me the SEVIS number. Paying is what seems to be a little difficult but I'm still on it. I should be able to get it done tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted and once again, thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by abbyyworld: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
Nairalanders,
I will like to know if HND graduate from Nigeria can apply for post graduate program to a school in U.S
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
abbyyworld:

Nairalanders,
I will like to know if HND graduate from Nigeria can apply for post graduate program to a school in U.S
sure you can.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
House, paying my SEVIS is more work than I anticipated o, For starters, I was able to download the form just so I could know what to fill in and I found out I don't some of the answers, Like the exact date my program is starting and when its ending, that info is on the 1-20 I was going to use for fall but I'm not sure its a good idea for me to do the calculation myself. What if I'm wrong?? They want to know how much funds is from the school, school fund type, funds from other sources, I'm guessing that's my sponsor's? I don't have that yet! Primary major, secondary major, minor?? What's all that? I applied to study geology o. I can't randomly put in anything cos I wouldn't want it to bite me in the a.s.s tomorrow. Also, somebody's supposed to pay the fee for me, until I heard the exchange rate is 164, 160, coupled with the discovery I made this morning about the form, I think I'm gonna chill for now. I've sent my school an e-mail, hoping they can provide me with the answers I need and I'll probably call them soon to know what's what as regards that. Anybody paid SEVIS in Cameroun before? I did some search on google and it turns out they have LOTS of places where western union can be done. I'm in calabar and its not exactly far. What do you guys think? Sorry for the epistle, no paragraphs and all, I'm sending this with my phone. Thoughts? Feel free to help me out o. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Hello peeps i understand one can pay SEVIS FEE through GIEVA (Global Integrated Education Volunteers Associate),located at 51/52 Marina Str.,Kings way building,2nd floor.Marina,Lagos. 07035250344,017417429. So with this i hope the wahala of going to semi can be handled.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2011
deevick246:

Hello peeps i understand one can pay SEVIS FEE through GIEVA (Global Integrated Education Volunteers Associate),located at 51/52 Marina Str.,Kings way building,2nd floor.Marina,Lagos. 07035250344,017417429. So with this i hope the wahala of going to semi can be handled.

At this post I gotta talk. GIEVA fuccked a guy closer to me up last fall, though, the guy was misfortuned. They paid app fee for the guy which later bounce after the guy had secured visa. The school wrote him never in his life app to their school again. The visa was cancelled ooo and the guy was asked to come and prove himself innocent at the embassy Abuja else he faces ban. With fasting and prayers, the guy went with the reciept he was given by GIEVA, weeping bitterly during the interrogation. According to him, he faced like 5 man panel upstair at the embassy but eventually God had mercy on him, he won and another visa was issued to him. All these happened this Jun/Jul not hear say. Really, I used something similar to GIEVA for app fee but I'm not sure about SEVIS fee.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
I got all these: Master the GRE 2010, Cracking the New GRE 2012 Edition, 1014 Practice Questions for the New GRE 2nd Edition, McGraw Hill's Conquering the GMAT Math, GRE General Test Practice Book, Gre Practicing to Take the General Test (BigBook), CliffsNotes GRE General Test Cram Plan, ETS Math Reveiw for Practicing to Take the GRE General Test, GRE Exam Vocabulary Flashcards B1-B200 cards, GRE Test for Dummies (Career & Education) Paperback, Kaplan GRE Exam Verbal Workbook, New GRE 2011-2012 Premier with CDROM Kaplan Gre Exam Premier Live (this is my favorite because it puts you on a virtual test window with the questions coming in and timer counting down), Barron's New GRE 19th Edition (also very good). Though, I'm not writing the test but can one read them all? *crazy* *crazy* cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Imperiouxx: My advice to whoever wants to read them all - "Stay Alive"

@herself: I'm not sure u have the correct form for the SEVIS payment. The form to be filled for SEVIS payment is I-901(enclosed), it doesn't require those details giving u headache and can be downloaded online.

If you have someone in the US that can help you out, what you need do is:

1) Download the I-901
2) Fill as appropriate
3) Print and scan to whoever (Bleep)is helping you out
4) Bleep will make a bank order/check of $200, attach it to the form and send to the designated address in the instructions page.
5) Go to www.fmjfee.com regularly to check status of your receipt (it is usually ready within 1wk of payment)
6) Click check status
7) Enter your details and click check status
cool If it is ready you will get a message with a link 'view' to view your receipt (this receipt can be used as payment evidence at the embassy)
9) Print receipt.
10)Ask Bleep to mail the original to you.

I hope this makes sense.

P.S. I hope you have your school code

@Seedord: Pls be patient to criticise ,

@Kuchikau: You could explain your worries better, you got them all muddled up!

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 10:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ imperiouxx

The GIEVA information got to me by someone close to me who use their service.l am not disputing the experience u relayed above.

And on the GRE and GMAT materials do you have them in your possession?if you do please how can i have them?i need to trash the GMAT Or GRE.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 1:29am On Oct 08, 2011
herself:

House, paying my SEVIS is more work than I anticipated o,  For starters, I was able to download the form just so I could know what to fill in and I found out I don't some of the answers,  Like the exact date my program is starting and when its ending, that info is on the 1-20 I was going to use for fall but I'm not sure its a good idea for me to do the calculation myself. What if I'm wrong?? They want to know how much funds is from the school, school fund type, funds from other sources,  I'm guessing that's my sponsor's? I don't have that yet! Primary major, secondary major, minor?? What's all that? I applied to study geology o. I can't randomly put in anything cos I wouldn't want it to bite me in the a.s.s tomorrow.                                               Also, somebody's supposed to pay the fee for me, until I heard the exchange rate is 164, 160, coupled with the discovery I made this morning about the form, I think I'm gonna chill for now. I've sent my school an e-mail, hoping they can provide me with the answers I need and I'll probably call them soon to know what's what as regards that.                                         Anybody paid SEVIS in Cameroun before? I did some search on google and it turns out they have LOTS of places where western union can be done. I'm in calabar and its not exactly far. What do you guys think?                 Sorry for the epistle, no paragraphs and all, I'm sending this with my phone. Thoughts? Feel free to help me out o. Thanks

I didn't know they'll require all that info for sevis fee payment. You can request for a scanned copy of ur I-20 and ask anyone on this forum who paid recently and they will let you know how they did it.

You applied to study geology ? ? Cool   cool.

To what school ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by screamie(f): 7:11am On Oct 08, 2011
Can one fill the DS 160 again after the initial filling? I noticed the confirmation number and barcode of the first application is on the appointment confirmation page.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 7:17am On Oct 08, 2011
@Imperiouxx: My advice to whoever wants to read them all - "Stay Alive"

@herself: I'm not sure u have the correct form for the SEVIS payment. The form to be filled for SEVIS payment is I-901(enclosed), it doesn't require those details giving u headache and can be downloaded online.

If you have someone in the US that can help you out, what you need do is:

1) Download the I-901
2) Fill as appropriate
3) Print and scan to whoever (Bleep)is helping you out
4) Bleep will make a b.o or chk of 200, attach it to the form and send to the designated address in the instructions page.
5) Go to www.fmjfee.com regularly to check status of your receipt (it is usually ready within 1wk of payment)
6) Click check status
7) Enter your details and click check status
Cool If it is ready you will get a message with a link 'view' to view your receipt (this receipt can be used as payment evidence at the embassy)
9) Print receipt.
10) Ask Bleep to mail the original to you.

I hope this makes sense.

P.S. I hope you have your school code

@Seedord: Pls be patient to criticise ,

@Kuchikau: You could explain your worries better, you got them all muddled up!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2011
Kay-dee, it turns out the link my supposed 'guru' friend sent me was wrong, I took time to do it on my own and I just need some basic info. If the rates goes down a bit, I'll make the payment on monday, Nobody's saying anything about cameroun o, lol. Yes, geology. Minnesota state uni,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2011
@deevick,

The guy was misfortuned like I said but what do you think would be the guy's testimony any time he heard GIEVA? Are you writing GRE or GMAT? Yeah, those materials up there are right here with me. I will attach those I can but I guess those with big sizes can't be attached with mail.

@herself,

I don't think you download any form for you to pay your SEVIS through western union. Someone should correct if am wrong. You need copy of your I-20 to complete any info you need to pay but since they have mailed it, you beg them to give you the accurate info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
Actually, I used GTN for my 3 app fee payments also for my WES payment without any issue and they do everything concerning online payment. How much is the SEVIS payment through GIEVA?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2011
The idea was to download the form, know what information I have to give, see if I have them and call my school if there's any info I don't have. My 1-20 is not here yet but I was able to get my SEVIS number from the school. I didn't think I would need the form to pay through western union, just to know what information the person paying the fee for me would need,that's all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2011
good day house,
i called my school international student office and i was told that i have been accepted into the university. but am yet to receive any email or hardcopy to that effect.
pls house i really need to meet up with this spring admission.if am able to get my I-20 details from my school this week, what do i do next.i hav read previous post concernin this issue, but i need a clear,step by step list of what and what i need to do when i hav my I-20 details.
plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss respond
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
imperiouxx:

@deevick,

The guy was misfortuned like I said but what do you think would be the guy's testimony any time he heard GIEVA? Are you writing GRE or GMAT? Yeah, those materials up there are right here with me. I will attach those I can but I guess those with big sizes can't be attached with mail.

My guy,yes I have been nursing the ambition of trashing either the Gmat or Gre inother to have a smooth admission. We have chatted once before and if you can't remember our chat,you would relocate me saying that. Pls I need the materials and how is it gonna?
Let's have a chat on ymessenger or better still you can drop me your mobile number,so that I can give you a call.

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.