Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547834 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
[killzill

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries
« #8983 on: Today at 09:18:05 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VO was a nice lady.

Me: Hi, Good Morning *with a smile*
VO: Good Morning. Takes my passport, I-20, DS-160 confirmation, Sevis Fee receipt.

VO: So, you are applying to Clemson University?
Me: Yes, Ma’m

VO: Why Clemson?
Me: My present college i.e Ansal Institute of Technology has collaboration with Clemson University.

VO: Sorry, Your present college again?
Me: said

VO: Oh! Ok
VO: Have you been to US before?
Me: No, never.

VO: Which course are you taking up?
Me: Computer Engineering.

VO: Why Computer Engineering?
Me: Because I was always fascinated with Computers and I really wanted to know how this machine works.

VO: …, but why CE? Do you plan to do something in computers in the future?
Me: Yes, I plan to do MS.

VO: Did you take SAT?
Me: No, I didn’t. I took TOEFL and I scored 99 in that.

VO: Is your father alive?
Me: No.

VO: What is your mother?
Me: Teacher.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: *said*

VO: Types something on the computer….”Ok! Your visa has been approved!”
She said, something about “………………, 5 days”

gay. you got this post from happtschollsblog site.
Me: Thank You! =)
Me: 5 days?
quote][quote][/quote]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 3:59am On Sep 22, 2011
Hi guys,

Please I'll like to appeal that we stop the exchange of words for God's sake. Let's channel the time to helping others as usual. You all on this forum are all great guys - one can always learn one thing or the other at all times. Let's respect other people's opinion and where you're feel the other person is wrong or at the extreme let us correct constructively and respectfully. Please let us continue the good work.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lilchukky: 5:03am On Sep 22, 2011
there's a jonah is this forum that is causing confusion and not making this forum flow, jonah u better jump out before we bomb u, pls guys una mate 4yankee don born children finish mk una stp al dis n act matured.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ Veterans : Please sheathe your swords. ABEG, we don't need all this. We don't need to prove Nigerians hate themselves so bad. Let us forget all this and FOCUS on others who need help with their Student Visas. Just for this Thread that helped you all, abeg.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
@House

Nigerians in the United States are the best thing people persons that has ever happened to me, All the money i have made in this coutry are through Nigerians when i i mean money i dont mean little money , it depends on the individuality of the person when i arrived the US a nigerian picked me up accomodated me told me how to avoid mistakes so many pple made showed me how to make money showed me how to invest my money told me what kinda cars to buy what kinda cars to send back home how to buy them where to buy them how to send them, here where i live we live like a family we make money as a team we all gat our back at any given point in time but note that outa the 12 diciples there was a judas , trust me if u wanna enjoy the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THEN LOOK FOR RESPONSIBLE Nigerians , am not saying its all rossy but we thank God, i dont have any white friends i dont do business with white pple ma best friend here is a Nigerian , its kinda like a cartel trust me if you find the right Nigerians America would be like Home, My club members are all Nigrians if anyfing happens back home we all contribute give u good money every weekend from thursday is party all ontilll sunday Night sometimes monday Night, ma broders individual opinions matters but trust me better Nigerians dey yankee,

ciao to all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
@house

Please is the jobs on campus going to be enough to pay tuition if u dont get support from home ,, can u try work on campus and be able to pay ur tuition
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
rowlandoo:

@house

Please is the jobs on campus going to be enough to pay tuition if u dont get support from home ,, can u try work on campus and be able to pay your tuition

It is not possible please. Besides, getting on campus job is not automatic.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Seelo: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2011
please can someone help me with schools for undergraduate in use that doesn't require toefl and the possibility of getting admission is sure.thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
rowlandoo:

@house

Please is the jobs on campus going to be enough to pay tuition if u dont get support from home ,, can u try work on campus and be able to pay your tuition

Pls don't bank on campus jobs for tuition payment. Campus jobs are NOT easy to come by and [b]if [/b]ure lucky to get one , they only pay minimum wage (about $7.50-$8.50 per hour @ 20 hours per week) . Do the maths and weigh it against ur tuition and expenses.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Pls don't bank on campus jobs for tuition payment. Campus jobs are NOT easy to come by and if [/b]ure lucky to get one , they only pay minimum wage (about $7.50-$8.50 per hour @ 20 hours per week) . Do the maths and weigh it against your tuition and expenses.

You are right. And that is if he will be able to work for 20hrs per week. Classes+assignments+research(if a graduate student) [b]may
not make him make that much hours.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by beckhamdon: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2011
PURGING MINDS shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2011
But is there anything wrong to make friends on NL and add them on facebook? what is it to hide about yourself to people when you're not a convict? but for ppl to disclose your info & pic on public forum shows how dumb & loser they're in life.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by beckhamdon: 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2011
very bad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
thanks nethacker

really sorry guys

thread will be right back
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2011
@ House: Nice to be with you again. I was so busy recently with sch. Had orientation and a couple of meetings. Also a training for our new iPads. So, what's good? When do SPRING hopefuls begin interviews? Let's GO THERE,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mozo: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2011
is it me or is the visa appointment page not opening? its saying,

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2011
mozo:

is it me or is the visa appointment page not opening? its saying,

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.

I think it's d website. also got d same error msg
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mozo: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2011
Oh ok
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2011
Stopping by to say hello. How do we intend celebrating our independence. As for me and my friends, we are going to 6flags, Arlington on Friday. Quads and Biikeys, you can join us if you want to. just reply on this page and then we make arrangement on how we will meet at the park.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quads: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2011
@gboyaded: ok dats cool, my email's kakaforreal@yahoo.com. we can send me a mail. Cheers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hello folks please i want to find out hw possible it is 4 one to switch school immediately u arrived in the US without attending d school on the visa. Assuming one has gotten admisn from d new sch b4 traveling.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
Tittolala:

Hello folks please i want to find out hw possible it is 4 one to switch school immediately u arrived in the US without attending d school on the visa. Assuming one has gotten admisn from d new sch b4 traveling.

You still have to go to the school on your Visa to transfer from them. Just walk into the office and ask to be transferred. They will ask for their I-20 and also the I-20 of the school you intend to transfer to, this is for them to transfer the SEVIS records to the new School, Do this as fast as possible because I think you only have 15 days to complete it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adedolaseu(m): 6:27am On Sep 27, 2011
Gbogbo Ile - My F1 visa interview is approaching oooo, Oct 4, make u na pray for me for success, and if anyone fit help me with questions and answers make u na groom me oooo,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wealthpos(f): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2011
Hello fellas, I was denied at the lagos embassy in jun,and i want to reapply now in abuja,Is it save to refill another ds 160 form?because i,m afraid.Need advice please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
Seelo:

please can someone help me with schools for undergraduate in use that doesn't require toefl and the possibility of getting admission is sure.thanks

You shouldn't be thinking of skipping or avoiding TOEFL or SAT right now because taking those exams will help you a bit during the visa interview stage, even if the school waives any. Not taking any exam makes you come across as an unserious student, an impression you dont want to give any VO ; besides, I dont know if undergraduate schools waive TOEFL.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
Heay Everyone, I have a piece of advice for you, please beware of seedord, the guy nor be better person oh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2011
Tosinville:

Bomly
Thank you very much, abeg you help dem o! for ppl to beware of seedord247 and not to try to connect with him in the US, dat guy is dangerous.

U mean Boko Haram dangerous? grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mozo: 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2011
@wealthpos
you can fill another ds160 form if there are details u need to change from your previous application. If not, dont think theres any need filling out another one
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mozo: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
That you'l take to the embassy again
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2011
Guys what do you think about the US Embassy in Abuja? Is it a favourable place to obtain an f-1 visa please?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
classy013:

Guys what do you think about the US Embassy in Abuja? Is it a favourable place to obtain an f-1 visa please?

Yes . . . I think it's best place for student VISA. But be ready to answer academic question relating to what you wanna study.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
bomly:

Heay Everyone, I have a piece of advice for you, please beware of seedord, the guy nor be better person oh

Bomny. . .  After so many plead you still went ahead this far. well sha i have nothing to say than I'm sorry. I will keep saying this Until i fulfilled my promise. Once

again No vex . . . . Biko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.