Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546886 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:20am On Sep 20, 2011
USBOUnds. . .  .

You haven't see anything yet. Naija People are the worst people to associate with. I'm talking from experience.

I won't even advice you to Run if see Naija People  . . . i will tell you to close your eye or Jump over the train if you see anyone.

I will be coming for vacation in San Diego next week . . . let me know wheere you at.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 5:19am On Sep 20, 2011
USBound:

@ Kay Dee: infact the Indians really help themselves. Less than one week after arrival, they had a big Indian welcome party for themselves with linking up etc. Whereas, no single nigerian even cared whether I arrived or not. Even when I went to dubai, it was thesame thing, Nigerians running away from Nigerians. Nigerians hate themselves that is why the country lacks progress.

Nigerians hate themselves ? ?. They must all have the same "fly away and run from Nigerians" impression that people are tryin to instill in you now. They might have their reasons for saying so but I've never had any unpleasant encounters with Nigerians and I hope I dont.

I live in San Pablo bay area CA and I school in Texas, most of my friends here are Nigerians; I'm cool with everyone and were all good and nice to each other. I have friends from other Countries but I feel more @ home when I'm hanging with fellow ''Naijarians'', no regrets ever.

The Indians help themselves probably because they re not skeptical about each other but if Nigerians have this bad  impression about fellow Nigerians, then we will all repel each other like the north end of magnets. It's up to you to choose if you want to "run" from Nigerians for no just reason or if you will be open to meeting and relating with fellow Nigerians.

I hope you meet the right people though.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:54am On Sep 20, 2011
CaptainBaker:

Phy thanks but i already spoke with d int student officer and she said i have to go home and re apply for F1 visa. she says i cnt transfer from M1 to F1. What can i do, cos i dont want to take chances goin back home and get denied.

Why not try other schools. If people could switch from B1 to F1, then i think you could give yours a good try.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2011
@seedorf , Usbond

Please are u guys on undergraduate studies or post , i want to go for internview for next fall univrsity admisison but hve been denied 3times for associates degree , left high school 2003 but am writing a neco gce this dec, can dey know i used my 2003 high school documents in getting admission into the university because am planning to show them my gce result tht i just left high school this year , help me facts please dont want to get denied ANYMORE m tired

Swift reply will be appreciated please
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2011
@TOSINVILLE

HOW U DE , PLEASE CAN U PUT UP TO MY POST FOR REPLY . WILL APPRCTE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2011
Rowlando
Don't even try such cos you'll got denied the fourth time cos your first which is the previous info are already in their system before school will even think of sending ur I-20, my advice for u is to go with waec scratch card for them to check ur 2003 result. You need to starting working here too and have an ID card with it, they might ask what have you being doing since u finish high school then you'll have something reasonable to tell them rather than being a lazy bone, we no say beta work no dey 9ja but just try to get yourself a working ID card to back ur prove up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2011
@Tosinville

Oh thanks , i will go witht he scracth card i shud hve done that but i never kno this thread then coz the VO asked my cert and told him i lost it so he denied me ,  for the work i have an id card for ARIK IRLINE  as an Handling agent can i show that , but see d id na Ike but its authentic from arik headqauter but i never worked there just got d id through my brother coz i had gotten an admission for a flight school in the Us butdidnt go for the interview , i thought about not changing my visa type coz that could be a hindrance .f-1 to M-1  so i didnt go for the m-1 interview . so can i go with the id card dat have been working with rik at domestic airport
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2011
@tosinville , y d feud with seedorf , it be like say u be big boy oo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2011
Rowlandoo
Its all good, you can go with your Arik airline ID if it looks authentic then and don't even think of changing your f1 visa o! cos you'll look like a desperado trying to be in the united states by all means. Don't mind yeye seedord247, dat boy na goat.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2011
Hello Narialander,
Please who have the new GRE Revised test materials? i need it to prepare for my exam. I will be grateful if anyone can send it to me. Thanks akinwolekay@gmail.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2011
@House, is  a good idea to go with ND transcript without the Certificate? the certificate is not out yet
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2011
Tosinville:

USbound

Run as fast as you can from seedord247, the dude is dangerous who's always a Nigerian trying to act up on here for illegal act.

Uhm. . . . I see, action speaks louder than voice. I wonder why a piece of advise is that a Nigerian should jump off moving train on the sight of a fellow Nigerian.

@rowlandoo,

Why can't you stick with advise. You've been told all this around Jul/Aug also now - Sept. Don't go back there and f u c k up ooo from the way you're acting.

1) go with a waec scratch card
2) patch up your 8 years of idleness with whatever you've been doing either small or big.

Note: that you've already supplied your data with them the first three times you went there. God help mehn.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
plz i need someone to help me out wit with the new gre materials.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
Hello house,

Was a bit surprised when I read that imperiouxx does not even have his Visa yet and his contributions have really helped a lot of people to obtain theirs. I pray God will grant you yours cos you have been so useful to this thread.

I also read that there's a way to check for available dates (I think?). Is this possible without having submitted the ds 160?? Could someone pls clearly tell how? Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 21, 2011
@ OjaP @ Djunit1:

With respect to what Dizyfrenzy wrote/posted on page 280 (sorry, it's not allowing me insert it) about helping out with admissions et al, at his school 'cause his school is expanding, I dont think you should be so fast in branding some one as fake or spurious wen u're not privy to wat he's talking about. I've had clean dealings with Dizyfrenzy on Nairaland. When I had problems getting a visa interview date, I contacted him coz he posted on Nairaland that he could help guys who were in need and he called me with his own 'credit' and introduced me to a guy who helped me get a date and he did not collect a dime from me. Needless to say, I got d visa and I'm currently in d States doing my masters programme.
So please, be slow to publicly brand someone who has over time contributed (doubt if u even checked his previous posts) nicely to this thread as 'not genuine'.
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 21, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Nigerians hate themselves ? ?. They must all have the same "fly away and run from Nigerians" impression that people are tryin to instill in you now. They might have their reasons for saying so but I've never had any unpleasant encounters with Nigerians and I hope I dont.

As per Nigerians hating themselves, the Nigerians I met here (about 8 so far in my school [South Carolina]) have been very helpful to me in settling down nicely. They advised and put me through on so many things that I had no clue about.
Infact, I would have missed out on a fellowship if not for a Nigerian who told me about it and how to get it.
Obviously, there's always a bad egg amongst d lot but I think if u talk/hang out once or twice with a shady person, u should have an inkling.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:19am On Sep 21, 2011
Timotee:

@ OjaP @ Djunit1:

With respect to what Dizyfrenzy wrote/posted on page 280 (sorry, it's not allowing me insert it) about helping out with admissions et al, at his school 'cause his school is expanding, I dont think you should be so fast in branding some one as fake or spurious wen u're not privy to wat he's talking about. I've had clean dealings with Dizyfrenzy on Nairaland. When I had problems getting a visa interview date, I contacted him coz he posted on Nairaland that he could help guys who were in need and he called me with his own 'credit' and introduced me to a guy who helped me get a date and he did not collect a dime from me. Needless to say, I got d visa and I'm currently in d States doing my masters programme.
So please, be slow to publicly brand someone who has over time contributed (doubt if u even checked his previous posts) nicely to this thread as 'not genuine'.
[/color]

When you read something take the time to explain it to yourself before you come to a conclusion. I never said anything bad bout the guy, I just said if he is as kind as he is making us believe he is then he is the best Nigerian in Yankee,  Where is the insult here or where in that statement did I insinuate that he is a crook.

Why I will advice any Naija person to be careful of fellow Naija is because I have never had problem and asked for a favor and a Nigerian helped me. They always tell you one story or the other(Nigerians never tell you directly why they cant do something, they always LIE!!!) I have helped other Nigerians who I considered close friends and at the end they turned out to be ingrates and "bite me when I am are not around"

An example, A Naija guy and I were discussing about different processes of applying for a credit card and getting approved and the guy said he got approved but could not show me the letter because of the sensitivity of it. That really got me mad because I never asked to see his useless letter in the first place. Even if I asked to see the letter I know for a fact that no letter carries personal information so why make a statement as useless as that? That statement only makes me look like a thief who is out to steal the little money your parents send to you occasionally.

I have had so many encounters with Naija people and they make silly statements they shouldn't make and do things they shouldn't do which is why I said if you see Nigerians "RUN"

Every Naija person sees another Nigerian as a thief, and I make em understand that I dont deny being a thief, I just dont steal from people I am better than.  How do you expect someone who is fending for himself to steal from someone whose parents buy shoes for? Sounds illogical to me,

My experience might not be your experience so my statement was made because of what I have gone through.

myforumid3:

I have added you, My YIM is "da.ghost63", so dont be scared dude.[color=#000099]If you dont wanna associate with Nigerians, thats your problem;na you know wetin your experience be, so dont give a silly advice to yankee newbie to jump train mere seeing your fellow Nigerian.
I have always suspected these old guys (nethacker - thank God you never accepted my YIM request many months ago, seedord, Ojap and co) trying to either discourage others from coming to yankee, making living in yankee worse than remaining in 9j or making the Nigerian community in yankee look very bad. Cant you see what the indians and asians are doing?  smiley smiley smiley Africans never learn the right things from these folks, thats one of the reasons for our probs and slow growth!

Abeg House, take any advice from these old soldiers with a pinch a salt, abi how dem speak the grammer again! tongue tongue cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley
Well, e-b like say anoda war wan start for the House, Lets watch the movie unfolds, lol
"Where my coke?"

Before you joined this thread I read from page 1 to 120 twice and I never came across a statement suggesting that you should stay put in Naija. What everyone emphasizes on is make sure you are prepared. I am among those singing that song too. Make sure you are prepared because it is HARD here!!!!! If you come prepared you wont feel any of the things they are talking about. DONT just talk to people the way you like when in the right sense they are giving the right advice
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2011
djunit1:

When you read something take the time to explain it to yourself before you come to a conclusion. I never said anything bad bout the guy, I just said if he is as kind as he is making us believe he is then he is the best Nigerian in Yankee, Where is the insult here or where in that statement did I insinuate that he is a crook.

[b]Why I will advice any Naija person to be careful of fellow Naija is because I have never had problem and asked for a favor and a Nigerian helped me. They always tell you one story or the other(Nigerians never tell you directly why they cant do something, they always LIE!!!) I have helped other Nigerians who I considered close friends and at the end they turned out to be ingrates and "bite me when I am are not around"[/b]An example, A Naija guy and I were discussing about different processes of applying for a credit card and getting approved and the guy said he got approved but could not show me the letter because of the sensitivity of it. That really got me mad because I never asked to see his useless letter in the first place. Even if I asked to see the letter I know for a fact that no letter carries personal information so why make a statement as useless as that? That statement only makes me look like a thief who is out to steal the little money your parents send to you occasionally.

I have had so many encounters with Naija people and they make silly statements they shouldn't make and do things they shouldn't do which is why I said if you see Nigerians "RUN"

Every Naija person sees another Nigerian as a thief, and I make em understand that I dont deny being a thief, I just dont steal from people I am better than. How do you expect someone who is fending for himself to steal from someone whose parents buy shoes for? Sounds illogical to me,

My experience might not be your experience so my statement was made because of what I have gone through.

Before you joined this thread I read from page 1 to 120 twice and I never came across a statement suggesting that you should stay put in Naija. What everyone emphasizes on is make sure you are prepared. I am among those singing that song too. Make sure you are prepared because it is HARD here!!!!! If you come prepared you wont feel any of the things they are talking about. DONT just talk to people the way you like when in the right sense they are giving the right advice

The reason u are still on Nairaland associating with Nigerians that u hate so bad still baffles me.
All this pus$ie Nigga$ coming to America and within a week starts destroying where they came from meanwhile they only have the Nigerian Passport has their only form of Identification.
Omo Ale don't let me hurt your feelings this night. Just shut the fucck up gay sucking a white man Dicck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2011
Seedord247

Do u know you're nothing but a crackhead? what you did always amazed me lol, how could you disguise as a girl to go add me on facebook to save my pictures into ur system? are you gay? do you m4sturbate with it by staring at my pics at night in room cos am still wondering LOL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by killzill: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2011
VO was a nice lady.

Me: Hi, Good Morning *with a smile*
VO: Good Morning. Takes my passport, I-20, DS-160 confirmation, Sevis Fee receipt.

VO: So, you are applying to Clemson University?
Me: Yes, Ma’m

VO: Why Clemson?
Me: My present college i.e Ansal Institute of Technology has collaboration with Clemson University.

VO: Sorry, Your present college again?
Me: said

VO: Oh! Ok
VO: Have you been to US before?
Me: No, never.

VO: Which course are you taking up?
Me: Computer Engineering.

VO: Why Computer Engineering?
Me: Because I was always fascinated with Computers and I really wanted to know how this machine works.

VO: …, but why CE? Do you plan to do something in computers in the future?
Me: Yes, I plan to do MS.

VO: Did you take SAT?
Me: No, I didn’t. I took TOEFL and I scored 99 in that.

VO: Is your father alive?
Me: No.

VO: What is your mother?
Me: Teacher.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: *said*

VO: Types something on the computer….”Ok! Your visa has been approved!”
She said, something about “………………, 5 days”

Me: Thank You! =)
Me: 5 days?
VO: Yes!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^ pandemonium in the room again.

@square,

Yeah we are helping each other. My reason is on page 237. It was my lazy IA, God will deliver me from her becasue she has started similar thing now. Delaying my I20 and doesn't care to respond on time.

@killzill,

Congrat mehn.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:19am On Sep 21, 2011
Timotee:

@ OjaP @ Djunit1:

[color=#770077][/color]
@ Timotee, don't get me wrong. I only said your friend should post whatever he wants to say here. Simple.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2011
@ all
good day guys.although i have not been able to read thru all the pages of this thread- i can confidently say that i hav benefited immensely from the experience and ideas shared in this forum. since i am new here i will appreciate it if the house can answer the puzzlin questions and problems av got.
@KILLZILL
MEANWHILE I WILL LIKE TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT I DO NO THINK THAT YOU ARE SHARING A PERSONAL INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
my destiny:

@ all
good day guys.although i have not been able to read thru all the pages of this thread- i can confidently say that i hav benefited immensely from the experience and ideas shared in this forum. since i am new here i will appreciate it if the house can answer the puzzlin questions and problems av got.
@KILLZILL
MEANWHILE I WILL LIKE TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT I DO NO THINK THAT YOU ARE SHARING A PERSONAL INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Why not or you believe it should be extra ordinary? He has nothing to liar about. So thats it. Also, where are the questions bothering you?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
oyewolejos:

The reason u are still on Nairaland associating with Nigerians that u hate so bad still baffles me.
All this pus$ie Nigga$ coming to America and within a week starts destroying where they came from meanwhile they only have the Nigerian Passport has their only form of Identification.
Omo Ale don't let me hurt your feelings this night. Just shut the fucck up man-lover sucking a white man Dicck

The one thing I want to say to you, Mr Oyewolejos is "Kids will be Kids" My advice, grow up before it is too late!

I never said anything to suggest I hate Nigerians people who know me from this thread will testify to that. I am just very careful now with people who are shady in their dealings.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
djunit1

Always research very well and think before you talk or post. I and everybody else can understand that you have been unfortunate to meet some bad eggs but that does not mean that you should generalize to a whole nation. Your telling the world that people should be wary of all Nigerians is brainless, myopic, egocentric, unpatriotic, & rash. Like I have always told you, and will repeat again, little knowledge is dangerous.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ NIGERIANS: Let us LOVE ourselves and HELP ourselves. This is the point. To be honest, I have heard there are many Nigerians doing shady things in Yankee. But then, there are still good ones. I pray to meet only good ones.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
myforumid3:

If you dont wanna associate with Nigerians, thats your problem;na you know wetin your experience be, so dont give a silly advice to yankee newbie to jump train mere seeing your fellow Nigerian.
I have always suspected these old guys (nethacker - thank God you never accepted my YIM request many months ago, seedord, Ojap and co) trying to either discourage others from coming to yankee, making living in yankee worse than remaining in 9j or making the Nigerian community in yankee look very bad. Cant you see what the indians and asians are doing?  smiley smiley smiley Africans never learn the right things from these folks, thats one of the reasons for our probs and slow growth!

Is this mine? I can never say that in mai life.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by CaptainBaker: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ house:
Can a student on M1 visa apply online with another i-20 from an F1 school for a new visa in nigeria. If i come for the interview in nigeria would i be refused or given the visa or am not even allowed to apply for another visa once am currently on one. Need quick response please.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
@House, Impressiousxxx

THere are available Dates in NOV and Dec @ABuja NOW , ANyone going should be fast,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
@coolgb

Are you Akure based or you sch in futa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Adolite,

Yes, currently running a program in futa

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.