Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547840 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
No problem. Thank you!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
No problem. Thank you!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2011
seedord247:

Bomny. . .  After so many plead you still went ahead this far. well sha i have nothing to say than I'm sorry. I will keep saying this Until i fulfilled my promise. Once

again No vex . . . . Biko.

the most matured post in a long time, Keep it up
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
@House, If someone already schedule appointment and later he went for visiting in UK in BTW, how can he include it to his DS160? is there any means to do that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2011
Adolite:

@House, If someone already schedule appointment and later he went for visiting in UK in BTW, how can he include it to his DS160? is there any means to do that?

Fill a new DS160 and take that to your interview, Always remember that the DS160 you hand over to that at the Embassy is what matters all others dont,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Djunit1

YOU mean the confirmation page?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
Adolite:

@Djunit1

YOU mean the confirmation page?

yeah the confirmation page you take to them is what they have,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by abbyyworld: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,

I need an advice, I am 27years of age and I have already graduated from a college (yaba Tech HND) and i am applying as a transfer student to a school in U.S to acquire a degree in engineering technology. I do not have problem in securing an admission but am considering my VISA chances with the embassy here in Nigeria.
Please Nairalanders, I need advice on my chances of getting a visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:12am On Sep 29, 2011
abbyyworld:

Hello Nairalanders,

I need an advice, I am 27years of age and I have already graduated from a college (yaba Tech HND) and i am applying as a transfer student to a school in U.S to acquire a degree in engineering technology. I do not have problem in securing an admission but am considering my VISA chances with the embassy here in Nigeria.
Please Nairalanders, I need advice on my chances of getting a visa.

You are good to go broo. . we've have people like that here on this forum that have secured their ViSA through that way, but your confident and the way you

convince the VO are your chance not your Pali.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by abbyyworld: 6:33am On Sep 29, 2011
@seedord247

I really appreciate your timely advise.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 12:03am On Sep 30, 2011
myforumid3:

@nethacker, Sharap your stinking mouth. How can you be seconding a peace resolution with insults. Who is the ANIMAL now?
What was the point you proved?
See this OND graduate pikin that went to start first degree afresh in yankee. If life hard for you, na by force to remain for yankee. Anybody coming to yankee must know that dollars are not picked from the streets, so if you give your advice to newbies, dont sound discouraging/disheartening with it! That was what I was pointing out but I guess your mental faculty was too low to comprehend between the lines or my pidgin (if you still dey understand pidgin again)
Imagine  this ediot comparing himself to me. For the fact say you enter yankee before me nor mean say we dey thesame level. Big M U M U forming VIP few months ago when I wanted to add you on YIM.loooooooooooool. I nor get these dubious old generals time, only feel sorry for newbies that would still go ahead to associate with seedord and his types after reading Tosin and Bomly's warnings. Na dubious seedord and co be your mentor and type, so F U c K off dude.

Typical disgusting Nigerian always fighting for level,power and status. If u are ahead of him like u said why did u still wanna add him on YIM? Does that make any sense to u? Made men don't insult people on a public forum. kitten Nigga don't let me hurt your feelings.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2011
There must be something in the waters over there o

Nigerian mentality + America Nigga Attitude = Double crase

All these dont happen in the UK/Canada thread
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:16am On Sep 30, 2011
Dis Guy:

There must be something in the waters over there o

Nigerian mentality + America Nigga Attitude = Double crase

All these dont happen in the UK/Canada thread

Where is the like button lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 2:48am On Sep 30, 2011
myforumid3:

Abeg open e dirty yAnSh make we know why he nor be beta person! lol, or betterstill, seedord, defend yourself of these accusations!
This is not the 1st warning about this old general.

@my friend, Gbogeya, I go call you if I go make the independence trip or if na Dallas/Houston I go fly to but na NY get me for thanksgiving. Flex tight. nothing do una.
I am good o, just have had a lot of work to do.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2011
Hallo all. U guys are doing a good job here. Please I need to know the resumption dates for spring graduate school. Is it January or April or does it depend on the school? Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2011
moroh

Spring semester starts in January, in most states of the United States.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2011
aroy1:

moroh

Spring semester starts in January, in most states of the United States.

Goodluck!
Thanks bro!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
Hello house, its been a while and I'm glad to see you guys dishing out helpful information and making people's dreams a tad possible here. I deferred my admission and should be in the US for the spring session at least on the 3rd of January '12. My question is this, my 1-20 just left for Nigeria yesterday and it takes at least 4 weeks to get here, The school told me so and I know for sure when my package got here for fall session. The school's got an arrangement with a shipping body and it'll take 3-5 working days to get here. Should I fast track or will it be too late when it gets here October ending? Late enough to pay my sevis fee and get a date at the embassy? What do you guys think? Any useful input is welcome,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2011
herself:

Hello house, its been a while and I'm glad to see you guys dishing out helpful information and making people's dreams a tad possible here. I deferred my admission and should be in the US for the spring session at least on the 3rd of January '12. My question is this, my 1-20 just left for Nigeria yesterday and it takes at least 4 weeks to get here, The school told me so and I know for sure when my package got here for fall session. The school's got an arrangement with a shipping body and it'll take 3-5 working days to get here. Should I fast track or will it be too late when it gets here October ending? Late enough to pay my sevis fee and get a date at the embassy? What do you guys think? Any useful input is welcome,

The only thing you need off your I-20 for now is your SEVIS number so you can ask the admissions or departmetal office to send you a scanned copy to work with while you wait for the original; then book your interview for a date around end of October when you're sure you will have received it.

("3-5 working days", it should arrive inside the 2nd week, you might have to call the shipping or postal company)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
Kay-Dee:

The only thing you need off your I-20 for now is your SEVIS number so you can ask the admissions or departmetal office to send you a scanned copy to work with while you wait for the original; then book your interview for a date around end of October when you're sure you will have received it.

("3-5 working days", it should arrive inside the 2nd week, you might have to call the shipping or postal company)

Herself

1) Yea, Kaydee's quite right but u really don't even need it scanned (doubt they will do that anyway). U can contact the appropriate office in your school (usually int'l admissions/int'l student services) to ask for your SEVIS ID and school code. That's all you need to pay your SEVIS fee.

2) You do not need to pay your SEVIS fee before booking an appointment date although you must have it paid and your original receipt before appearing at the embassy.

What you need do now is:

- Get the necessary details on your I-20 as explained above

- Fill your ds 160

- Pay for your visa appointment at gtbank

- schedule your appointment. Here, you must make sure you choose a date by when you must have received your I-20 & original SEVIS payment    receipt. As at Mon, Sep 26 (when I booked) there were enough dates for Lagos even as early as Oct 4.

P.S
I just got some info that Mon's & Fri's are bad choices but I don't know how/if dat's true anyway. Luckily mine's a Thursday.

I hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mozo: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2011
trust me its not by day of the week. it will always depend on your presentation and packagin, last time i went a reasonable num had good outcomes. a friend was denied because
he was a rookie, the vo didnt ask who was sponsoring him. Just asked for his monthly income(which was not so gud) and he expected that as a question but it never came up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2011
mozo:

trust me its not by day of the week. it will always depend on your presentation and packagin, last time i went a reasonable num had good outcomes. a friend was denied because
he was a rookie, the vo didnt ask who was sponsoring him. Just asked for his monthly income(which was not so gud) and he expected that as a question but it never came up.

Yea, this was my argument with the person who told me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2011
@LET SOMEONE HELP ME HOW TO GET MY TOEFL DONE THEY ARE SCAMMING ME BECAUSE I WANT TO SOMEONE TO WRITE IT FOR ME , LOST 100K NOW
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2011
rowlandoo:

@LET SOMEONE HELP ME HOW TO GET MY TOEFL DONE THEY ARE SCAMMING ME BECAUSE I WANT TO SOMEONE TO WRITE IT FOR ME , LOST 100K NOW

You want someone to write TOEFL for you? I wish the money you lost was 2 million!!!!

Nigeria Jagga Jagga, Everything Scatter Scatter, Continues singing
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 1:33am On Oct 03, 2011
rowlandoo:

If Arabians and chinese could pass TOEFL I dont see the reason why you cant. Please go and write the exam yourself else with this orientation you may likely not be able to make it in US schools.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by screamie(f): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2011
On my I-20, my middle name is omitted, just my given name and surname were written. Should I be worried? when paying for the Sevis should i write my name as it is written on my passport or on the I-20? Quick replies please, thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2011
screamie:

On my I-20, my middle name is omitted, just my given name and surname were written. Should I be worried? when paying for the Sevis should i write my name as it is written on my passport or on the I-20? Quick replies please, thanks.
The way it appears on your I-20 should be ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 8:24am On Oct 03, 2011
rowlandoo:

@LET SOMEONE HELP ME HOW TO GET MY TOEFL DONE THEY ARE SCAMMING ME BECAUSE I WANT TO SOMEONE TO WRITE IT FOR ME ,  LOST 100K NOW

Have you ever tried writing it yourself before? Or you just hear "TOEFL" and you suddenly go shivering??

Once you can write/say a complete sentence in English without any misgivings, you won''t  need to be so generous, giving away your money.

Oga, buckle up! (actually you don't even need to, for TOEFL)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:34am On Oct 03, 2011
Nawa ooooo, Just for TOEFL, You should have given me to pop something grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2011
@Square65

i have never writtien it before the day i was to write i was not allowed because of id , what can u advise me of now shud i go yself . y school requires 79

@adolite ,

how do you mean , u mean u can do it for me or what , get back to me or is it that simpleeeeeeeeee
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
rowlandoo:

@Square65

i have never writtien it before the day i was to write i was not allowed because of id , what can u advise me of now shud i go yself . y school requires 79

@adolite ,

how do you mean , u mean u can do it for me or what , get back to me or is it that simpleeeeeeeeee

Go write it yourself! you will surely do much more than 79, if u put your mind to it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiomaodo: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2011
pls does any1 no if i'm suppose to pay sevis fee again?i was denied in july, i deferred and i'm suppose to go 4 another interview in nov.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.