Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas (18656 Views)

What Happened Between Nnamdi Kanu And Rochas Okorocha Yesterday / Massive Crowd Shut Down Imo In Solidarity For Buhari And Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Iara Oshiomhole And Rochas Okorocha In Imo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by omonnakoda: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2015
StOla:

OK let's leave Soyinka's matter out of the discussion.

I'm also not interested in war studies because it is not even remotely related to the intra-tribal political superiority either in the East where it is an issue or the West where it is non existent.

I know the Ijebus populate Ibadan due to its capital status of the then Western Region. Even my mum and her Ijebu extended family were all raised in Ibadan. I have once asserted that the Ijebu is the largest of the Yoruba subgroup in population and land mass from Lagos to Ogun and the Itsekiri of Ugborodo.

There's no taboo in marrying from anywhere in Yorubaland. I only mentioned preferences, which you have now accepted it exist. My mum had colleagues who called her "aunty mi", just because she was Ijebu as they were. I believe other sub-groups share this tendency to fraternise within themselves too.

It is purely human nature to feel different from each other, leading to superiority squabbles. Our state demarcations do not help either.

No you quoted me to say Soyinka is not Ijebu so be man enough to admit you were wrong

That you are not interested in war is irrelevant.
War or to use a euphemism conflict is at the core of the matter it is the kernel,yea the Koko. You said that Ijeshas Ekitis and Ondos DETEST Ijebus and Ijebus reciprocate( YOUR WORDS) this is untrue and unfounded. However whatever animosity exists among close living groups necessarily must be traced to the WARS they have fought,why they fought how they made up and the dominant narrative or history thereafter. In the case of Yoruba land if any single one group are to be detested it is Oyo because they inflicted the greatest pain on the most for the longest but that is not the case. There is a fundamental fact which you may not know as clearly your knowledge of Yoruba history is limited

IJEBU DID NOT CIRCUMCISE THEIR WOMEN and most other Yoruba groups did historically so naturally this would be a barrier to marriage.
An inquiring mind would want to know what beliefs drove female circumcision and the attendant prejudices to those who were uncircumcised

IT IS NOTEWORTHY THAT ITSEKIRI DO NOT CIRCUMCISE whilst most of their neighbours did

3 Likes

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2015
Are you from Imo state? Then you are under the cursed already, there is no need for me to add another curse. tongue

[s]
Csami:

Your entire generations are cursed, even the ones to be born. If you were fortunate enough to have parents, you would know that where they come from don't matter.
[/s]
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Dbboy(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2015
CentralIntels:
Imo state and its people are cursed, I don't think Anambrans has anything in common with them

Take note mr centralis or whatever you call your self what makes you and your Anambra people any better, on what ground do you compare us IMO with Anambra. Is it on Govt, good road, healthcare, political awareness, respect for fellow citizen,loyalty,education. Last time I checked you people championed Biafra only to sell us out (IMO and Aba).You make so much noise about IMO but your people are actively acquiring land in IMO cos the can't stay in your unplanned suburb/city. You make so much noise about money yet not one Anambra man is in forbe billionaire list, you grandstand and tell us how rich you are but I have not seen anything extraordinary done by your people, the same kind of house your so called billionaire build for them self are littered every where in IMO built by IMO people. We have better airport, schools,healthcare system,road network,cleaner and habitable state than you yet you beat your chest over nothing. Centralis you should park one side we don't need chest beater, that's the main reason Igbos have been in political oblivion learn from the North the claim Nothing yet they are something, it only those that have nothing that make the loudest noise, last time I checked they are Anambra beggars, Anambra prostitute,Anambra okada riders,Anambra robbers, etc so I still ask what is it that makes you feel you are better than imolite if not inferiority complex. mind you I have some of your bro and sis duly employed by me.

Note I have the utmost respect for your people but you, you sound like a broken record. To my fellow bro and sis in Anambra,certain times we desire not to say certain things but when push against the wall as a result of utterances made by your fellow person (centralis)it become tempted to react.

5 Likes

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Dbboy(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2015
Dbboy:

Take note mr centralis or whatever you call your self what makes you and your Anambra people any better, on what ground do you compare us IMO with Anambra. Is it on Govt, good road, healthcare, political awareness, respect for fellow citizen,loyalty,education. Last time I checked you people championed Biafra only to become a sell out to we (IMO and Aba ). You make so much noise about IMO but your people are actively acquiring land in IMO cos the can't stay in your unplanned suburb/city. You make so much noise about money yet not one Anambra man is in forbe billionaire list, you grandstand and tell us how rich you are but I have not seen anything extraordinary done by your people, the same kind of house your so called billionaire build for them self are littered every where in IMO built by IMO people. We have better airport, schools,healthcare system,road network,cleaner and habitable state than you yet you beat your chest over nothing. Centralis you should park one side we don't need chest beater, that's the main reason Igbos have been in political oblivion learn from the North the claim Nothing yet they are something, it only those that have nothing that make the loudest noise, last time I checked they are Anambra beggars, Anambra prostitute,Anambra okada riders,Anambra robbers, etc so I still ask what is it that makes you feel you are better than imolite if not inferiority complex. mind you I have some of your bro and sis duly employed by me.

Note I have the utmost respect for your people but you, you sound like a broken record. To my fellow bro and sis in Anambra,certain times we desire not to say certain things but when push against the wall as a result of utterances made by your fellow person (centralis)it become tempted to react.
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2015
Stop crying. Imo state is by decades backward compare to Anambra. 1/3rd of Imolites had fled their state and invaded Anambra where they are living a good life other than their poverty inflicted state. There is no single Anambran living anywhere in Imo state but come to Anambra and see your useless people all over the place eking out a living.

We made you idiotic leaders the governor of your useless state. We determine who rules you, so what is the noise about. The only thing Imo state has over Anambra is brothels and prostitution.

Owerre is filled with shacks, shanties and ikwerre-type houses and unplanlessness. I can get pictures to prove my point here and now. Imo state is dead fiscally because they are owing over 13months salary arrears.

Get it into your ugly head. cheesy

[s]
Dbboy:

Take note mr centralis or whatever you call your self what makes you and your Anambra people any better, on what ground do you company us IMO with Anambra. Is it on Govt, good road, healthcare, political awareness, respect for fellow citizen,loyalty,education. Last time I checked you people championed Biafra all to sell other people out IMO and Aba. You make so much noise about IMO but your people are actively acquiring land in IMO cos the can't stay in your unplanned suburb/city. You make so much noise about money yet not one Anambra man is in forbe billionaire list, you grandstand and tell us how rich you are but I have not seen anything extraordinary done by your people, the same kind of house your so called billionaire build for them self are littered every where in IMO built by IMO. We have better airport, schools,healthcare system,road network,cleaner and habitable state than you yet you beat your chest over nothing. Centralis you should park one side we don't need chest beater, that's the main reason Igbos have been in political oblivion learn from the North the claim Nothing yet they are something, it only those that have nothing that make the loudest noise, last time I checked they are Anambra beggars, Anambra prostitute,Anambra okada riders,Anambra robbers, etc so I still ask what is it that makes you feel you are better than imolite if not inferiority complex. mind you I have some of your bro and sis duly employed by me.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:13am On Jun 28, 2015
This is the state teaching hospital in Imo state. Its worse than pig homes. cheesy

Where do you want to start the comparison sef? Imo state is dead officially. cheesy

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:16am On Jun 28, 2015
Look at the admin block at IMSU. You i.diots are worse than animals cheesy cheesy

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by SUBMARINE: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Dbboy:

Take note mr centralis or whatever you call your self what makes you and your Anambra people any better, on what ground do you company us IMO with Anambra. Is it on Govt, good road, healthcare, political awareness, respect for fellow citizen,loyalty,education. Last time I checked you people championed Biafra only to sell us out (IMO and Aba).You make so much noise about IMO but your people are actively acquiring land in IMO cos the can't stay in your unplanned suburb/city. You make so much noise about money yet not one Anambra man is in forbe billionaire list, you grandstand and tell us how rich you are but I have not seen anything extraordinary done by your people, the same kind of house your so called billionaire build for them self are littered every where in IMO built by IMO people. We have better airport, schools,healthcare system,road network,cleaner and habitable state than you yet you beat your chest over nothing. Centralis you should park one side we don't need chest beater, that's the main reason Igbos have been in political oblivion learn from the North the claim Nothing yet they are something, it only those that have nothing that make the loudest noise, last time I checked they are Anambra beggars, Anambra prostitute,Anambra okada riders,Anambra robbers, etc so I still ask what is it that makes you feel you are better than imolite if not inferiority complex. mind you I have some of your bro and sis duly employed by me.

That boy is not Igbo

Na devil wey wan divide us angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2015
Abagworo:

There is nothing like Biafra as being conceived by them. It is a mirage which will always dissappear once you think you are close. Niger Delta for example should never be added to their map. I support a possible Igbo Republic but never Biafra.

I believe now you are not from Igbo land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by StOla: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2015
omonnakoda:

No you quoted me to say Soyinka is not Ijebu so be man enough to admit you were wrong

That you are not interested in war is irrelevant.
War or to use a euphemism conflict is at the core of the matter it is the kernel,yea the Koko. You said that Ijeshas Ekitis and Ondos DETEST Ijebus and Ijebus reciprocate( YOUR WORDS) this is untrue and unfounded. However whatever animosity exists among close living groups necessarily must be traced to the WARS they have fought,why they fought how they made up and the dominant narrative or history thereafter. In the case of Yoruba land if any single one group are to be detested it is Oyo because they inflicted the greatest pain on the most for the longest but that is not the case. There is a fundamental fact which you may not know as clearly your knowledge of Yoruba history is limited

IJEBU DID NOT CIRCUMCISE THEIR WOMEN and most other Yoruba groups did historically so naturally this would be a barrier to marriage.
An inquiring mind would want to know what beliefs drove female circumcision and the attendant prejudices to those who were uncircumcised

IT IS NOTEWORTHY THAT ITSEKIRI DO NOT CIRCUMCISE whilst most of their neighbours did

But you're yet to prove to me that he's Ijebu. I only backed off since you said the matter was trite.

For the "detest" word used, I believe I just borrowed the word from the post I quoted to make that remark.

However, I have experienced this animosity between the said Yoruba groups playout. I have also experienced the Ijebu being reproached for being stingy and stuff like that.

You see the Easterners corrupting bible verse to "fear North", same way I've heard fellow Yorubas say even the bible mentioned the wickedness of the "Jebusites".

For some it's just for laughs, for others it's an opinion they take seriously.
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Dbboy, where are you? where do you want us to start the comparison? cheesy cheesy

Look at IMSU law faculty and health science. cheesy cheesy

I am coming with pictures of Owerre..brace up!

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Abagworo(m): 10:24am On Jun 28, 2015
Anyone who has known me either he or real life will know that I dont make arbitrary conclusions. For the past 6 months I have been observing more than contributing. Chino and a whole lot of Anambra men have been doing all they could to paint Imo State in bad light. I never engaged any one but I opened a thread about an Anambra Commissioners outburst against Abakaliki and Nsukka people doing Okada business in Anambra State and how they will be expelled. I expected all Igbos to condemn such nonsense. To me that Ejikeme man should be sanctioned or even sacked outrightly for making such hate remarks against other Nigerians not to talk of fellow Igbos.

I equaly opened some threads to refute the lies that only Imo State has bad news. The truth is that Anambra tries to mask their bad while they exaggerate outright lies against Imo State and other Igbo States. No other Igbo has taken the pain to go and snap all the dirty Onitsha or Awka and use it against them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by omonnakoda: 10:28am On Jun 28, 2015
StOla:

But you're yet to prove to me that he's Ijebu. I only backed off since you said the matter was trite.

For the "detest" word used, I believe I just borrowed the word from the post I quoted to make that remark.

However, I have experienced this animosity between the said Yoruba groups playout. I have also experienced the Ijebu being reproached for being stingy and stuff like that.

You see the Easterners corrupting bible verse to "fear North", same way I've heard fellow Yorubas say even the bible mentioned the wickedness of the "Jebusites".

For some it's just for laughs, for others it's an opinion they take seriously.
All yoruba groups are "victims" of jibes ,bad jokes etc nothing new there.

You do know the meaning of the word "TRITE"? In that context quite simply it meant "so widely known as to be unworthy of argument"

2 Likes

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Xpaz: 10:29am On Jun 28, 2015
CentralIntels:
Dbboy, where are you? where do you want us to start the comparison? cheesy cheesy

Look at IMSU law faculty and health science. cheesy cheesy

I am coming with pictures of Owerre..brace up!
why are you doing this.?
why is it that we from Ebonyi State who is supposed to follow ur foot step should be dodging you.?
why not focus on your fellow mad man(Abagworo) and leave imo alone?
are you sure you are an igbo.?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Abagworo(m): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2015
http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/23/two-alleged-homosexual-remanded-for-having-sex-with-2-boys-in-onitsha/

If this were to be in Imo they would exaggerate it and then write that Okorocha is encouraging homo. If you search for bad news emanating from Anambra this week alone ranging from refuse dumps at Obosi to high kidnapping and robbery to highest rate of HIV in the Southeast to highest rate of drug pushing in Nigeria to highest number of gay clubs in the East to baby factory you will be overwhelmed but other Igbos chose to leave it but will they ignore like us? No!

2 Likes

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Abagworo(m): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2015
However,Benue state still leads other states in the federation in HIV
prevalence with a prevalence rate of 10.7 percent,while Kebbi state,
with 1.0% recorded the least prevalence rate in the country.
Benue
State is closely followed by Akwa Ibom with 10
percent,BayelsaState; 9.1 percent and Anambra, 8.1 percent.
InKadunawhich recorded 5.1 percent from seven percent in 2008,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/world-aids-day-nigeria-records-decline-in-new-hiv-infections/

What if this was Imo State?
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Animal a cursed one at that. The ban was a blanket ban for all men including the ones from imo state. It was never selective.

I know that it will not be long before you start crying blue murder. I have decided to follow you on NL bumper to bumper, is either you die or you are tamed forever.

You started what you cannot finish but now you want to play victim but I will tell you that i am more mad than you are. You go about insulting Anambra and its people but this is your dead-end. You have come to your end.

With all the filth, backwardness, shanties and ikwerre type abodes in your useless Owerre and imo state at large, it is enough to keep you worrying about your useless state.

Your useless state is owing over 13months salaries but you have time to court for trouble. I will teach you the final lesson on this forum. Brace up

[s]
Abagworo:
Anyone who has known me either he or real life will know that I dont make arbitrary conclusions. For the past 6 months I have been observing more than contributing. Chino and a whole lot of Anambra men have been doing all they could to paint Imo State in bad light. I never engaged any one but I opened a thread about an Anambra Commissioners outburst against Abakaliki and Nsukka people doing Okada business in Anambra State and how they will be expelled. I expected all Igbos to condemn such nonsense. To me that Ejikeme man should be sanctioned or even sacked outrightly for making such hate remarks against other Nigerians not to talk of fellow Igbos.

I equaly opened some threads to refute the lies that only Imo State has bad news. The truth is that Anambra tries to mask their bad while they exaggerate outright lies against Imo State and other Igbo States. No other Igbo has taken the pain to go and snap all the dirty Onitsha or Awka and use it against them.
[/s]
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:40am On Jun 28, 2015
This is the same owerre abagworo does not want us to see. A state ravaged by poverty and backwardness.

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by maziarinze(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2015
It is obvious the op isn't an imolite....He is just playing at your intelligence and this is where I feel silence is golden.

Ignore him for he is only out to gather comments and cause disunity among ndigbo.

Op ngwa hope this comment will do? I don add my own join.
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Once you hit the ground, you will feel the vibe of Owerri, the capital of Imo State. The city is warm, with many things to keep visitors engaged. Known for its robust hospitality industry, Owerri is the destination of fun seekers. Visitors to Owerri will always have fond memories of the city as well as the longing to return. They will remember the nightlife. They will remember that most of the fine restaurants, hotels and fun spots are places to be in the night.

They know that Owerri has its fair share of nightclubs. While some of the clubs operate on their own, others are built inside hotels. Those who lodge in the hotels that operate nightclubs are admitted free, upon showing their room keys. Others pay gate fee. Expectedly, going by the active nightlife in the city, Owerri is brimming with prostitutes Investigations revealed that commercial sex workers flock around popular hotels and fun spots, looking for men to hook.

Most of these sex workers are students in tertiary institutions in the state. In the day, these students appear somewhat respectable on campus, but at night they wear a different cap. By their dressing you shall know them. They appear in low waist trousers, short gowns/micro mini skirts, midriff and breasts revealing tops and patrol premises of hotels with nightclubs.

One of the commercial sex workers told Saturday Sun, at the Rappour Hotel nightclub, that she comes around to earn money and take care of herself and siblings. Ijeoma, as she called herself, said: “I come to the club about three times a week to catch some fun, but nothing goes for nothing.”

Mr. Livinus Manukwem, an Owerri based businessman, the situation could not have been otherwise, every factor considered. “The sheer number of tertiary institutions in and around Owerri naturally creates the environment for people to indulge. I think there are more higher institutions in Owerri than in any other town in the country. Those setting up such facilities in Owerri are smart business people, taking advantage of the environment or situation. It is just like locating an industry where the raw materials for production abound,” he argued.

Open sex club One of the nightclubs offering “special services” is located unobtrusively off All Seasons Road, New Owerri. The club begins business from about 8pm. However, activities reach fever pitch from 10pm and continue till the wee hours.

This hangout is a white bungalow that hardly gives itself away. It looks like the regular club inside but without heavy décor and neon lights at the entrance. The regular dance hall is always almost empty, making one wonder how they manage to stay afloat. But if you wait long enough, you will notice young and middle aged men strolling into a passage on the left side of the dance hall. And that is where the real action is.

To go past barrel-chested bouncers manning an inner door, you must pay a gate fee of N1,000. There is an adjoining room also and both have something in common: Wild sexual obscenity.

The rooms are not well illuminated but bright enough for you to see what is being offered. Once you step in, the sight that greets you is that of a number of Unclad girls or at various stages of Unclothedness. The girls in bra and pants soon shed every piece of clothing, as the show gathers momentum.

The nightclub parades these girls in appreciable number. Unlike some strip bars where only a handful of girls entertain, this nightclub has them many. And they come in various sizes and shapes: slim, flat, tall, short, fair, dark. Again, unlike most Unclad clubs, where go-go girls exhibit their stuff on a platform, in this fun spot the girls offer more or less personal service. They move from one patron to another, showing the stuff they are made off.

Saturday Sun was at the nightclub recently. As soon as the reporter and two of his friends sauntered in, Unclad girls began to hover around them. About 12 of them were inside the room. Some were smoking cigarettes and drinking can beer, which is sold for N500 each.

Others were rocking to the pulsating music blasting from the speakers. They were making explicit sex remarks and gestures to the men, even as some playfully squeezed one another’s buttocks and breasts, like lesbians.

Shortly after the reporter walked in, Flavour’s monster hit, Ashawo, began to play. The tempo of the music seemed to energize the dancers and they did exotic dance steps and got wilder.

In corners, some of the girls were engaged in lap dance with men, who grabbed the opportunity with both hands, kissing, sucking breasts and caressing the lower region of the girls. The mischievous guys were inserting naira notes in between the thighs of the girls. As the guys titillated their bosoms, they squeezed the hard-on of their partners even as they asked to be “appreciated.” In this nightclub, to be “appreciated” is euphemism for “I need some money.”

The inner room is a shade darker and sleazier. There, the patrons and the girls get more intimate, engaging in all manner of sexual acts. Some of the strip dancers were sitting astride men even as others were caressing themselves. One of the girls, who gave her name as Marbel, said that for N2,000 she would engage in MouthAction with a man in the dark hall. It was gathered that a patron could also take any of the girls out for the night, for an agreed sum. The price depends on the time, desperation of the girl and bargaining power of the patron, but it could be anything between N5,000 and N10,000.

Private parties It was also learnt that the strip dancers equally entertain at private or house parties. According to one of the girls, who identified herself as Maureen, “If guys want to be entertained in a private apartment or hotel room, the girls would be willing. The price tag is N5,000 per girl for an outing of between four and five hours.”

She said: “You can have sex with a girl at the house party, but it is a personal thing. Of course, if you make a good offer a girl will not refuse it. It is a matter of cash.” She further said that if given at least two days notice, she can arrange for up to 30 girls for such special outing. She further said that payment must be made before the girls begin to drop their pants Dark, slim Maureen, who described herself as a professional dancer, sees nothing wrong with strip dancing. “It is like every other profession.

I personally like to dance and if I strip while dancing, what is the big deal? On the issue of sex, everybody is doing it. Female bankers do have sex; medical doctors have sex; actresses have sex; teachers have sex; lawmakers and ministers have sex. In fact, every person is having sex with the people they like or under whatever arrangement. It’s just that people pretend a lot. Some civil servants have sex with more men in a week than strip dancers,” she said.

An insider told Saturday Sun: “Some of the strip dancers are students and they pay their bills with the money they make. But all the dancers are not students. Some of the girls come from poor homes, so they use what they make at the bar to take care of themselves and families. Single mothers and young widows are also among them.

It was also gathered that more girls are coming to the club almost on daily basis seeking to be registered as strippers. One of the requirements is that the girls must be 18 years and above.

http://dailypostmedia..com/2012/08/the-hottest-Unclad-club-in-owerri.html

https://www.nairaland.com/2410650/owerri-brims-prostitutes
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2015
http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=12437&title=SSS-bursts-Anambra-baby-factory

This one happened 2 days ago. I can get 20 bad news if I wanted but I will stop here. Let us always write with our conscience and be truthful. That Rochas Okorocha emerged as most popular Igbo man is Gods doing and circumstantial. It does not mean that in order to bring him down and elevate an Anambra man all lies should be peddled against Imo State.
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:42am On Jun 28, 2015
cindicandy:
Residents of Control Post, Owerri, want Imo State Government to save them from the activities of robbers, prostitutes and other forms of pick pocketers that have now infested the area. There has been an upsurge in harassment from large number hoodlums since the demolition of Ukwuakpu along Assumpta Avenue, which forced the nocturnal men to relocate to Onitsha Road.

Some of the residents of the area who took their grievances to THE Leader Newspaper on Thursday, Nov. 14, said they now live in fear because the presence of fierce looking men and ladies. One of the residents who owns a shop along Onitsha Road narrated how these robbers broke into her shop and snatched away her generator set. Her case became compounded she said, when she complained to one of the regular prostitutes. The prostitute agreed to help her retrieve her generator from her gang and demanded the sum of five thousand Naira from her. In her quest to have back her property, she paid the money. She said after a few days of fruitless waiting, she saw the prostitute and reminded her of their deal. The response she received was that the group which was in custody of the generator was a stubborn one and needed more money. The victim had to release another cash of one thousand Naira.

At the time of this report, she had not got her generator back or seen the prostitute again.
When THE LEADER visited the Control Post, it was discovered that many residents and traders in the area have had similar experiences. While some have had their money snatched from their pockets, others described how their shops have been burgled while others narrated stories of intimidation in the area from prostitutes and these brigands.

In a chat with the Community Government (CGC) Youth Leader, New Owerri II, Mr. Chimezie Ibe, he expressed regrets at the growing activities of hoodlums at the Control Post. Mr. Ibe categorized these hoodlums into: prostitutes, robbers, touts, Indian hemp smokers and some resident-criminals. He attributed the menace to the presence of illegal Motor Parks, which have attracted and also groomed most evils right in front of Assumpta Cathedral.

He noted that the demolished Ukwuakpu also led to the displacement of some of the robbers and prostitutes who relocated to the uncompleted shops and stalls under construction behind the NNPC Mega Station along Onitsha Road.

In a further investigation, THE LEADER reporter spotted the presence of one popular brothel in the area known as “Timaya” as a major boost to the presence of these criminals around the Control Post. Most of the prostitutes, THE LEADER gathered are provided accommodation in the lodge from where they operate. Our reporter gathered from authoritative sources that these prostitutes partner with the operators of Timaya who use them to patronize their customers. While Timaya provides the official lodge for some, others rent houses inside Kalu Nwankwo and Akajiaku Estates whereas others hibernate in the uncompleted structures behind the Mega Filling Station.

When THE LEADER visited the police on the issue, the Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Joy Elemoko, admitted awareness of the situation at the Control Post. Asked why such illegality and lawlessness continue to flourish in the presence of law enforcement officers – police and army stationed in the area, she noted that the police cannot do it alone. She remarked that the situation has been like that for long but seems to be getting worse now that Christmas is approaching. The PPRO expressed regrets that the situation at the control post is a huge challenge which the police are finding difficult to deal with.

According to her, “We are powerless – if we go there and raid the place – as we did before, their brothers will come here to complain and bail them out. The last time we raided the place, calls were coming from Abuja and everywhere asking for those arrested to be released”. She went further to say, “Unfortunately, some of the prostitutes are being patronized by dignitaries who have a lot of power. Even the baby factory we raided has put us under a lot of pressure”. The police spokeswoman refused to attribute the menace to the issue of unemployment as she maintained, “There are bankers and working class people who are still armed robbers. Some people are prostitutes, whether they have job or not”. She however reiterated the resolve of the police to fight corruption as she promised that they will continue to draw the attention of those responsible to that alarming condition at the Control Post Owerri.

It should be recalled that the Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha had earlier acknowledged the presence of prostitutes at the Control Post. Governor Okorocha had stated at the time he was repealing the outrageous abortion bill that he was distressed by the presence of prostitutes in front of the Assumpta Cathedral. The Governor said it shocks his imagination that young ladies could be prostituting boldly right in front of an imposing sacred structure like Assumpta Cathedral.

Analysts say the government seems not to be bothered about the situation in the area since it has refused to ban all the motor parks at the control post.

http://theleaderassumpta.com/2013/11/17/robbers-prostitutes-take-over-control-post-owerri/
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Owerre ravaged by volcano cheesy

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2015
owerre ravaged by earthquake cheesy

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Dbboy(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2015
CentralIntels:
Stop crying. Imo state is by decades backward compare to Anambra. 1/3rd of Imolites had fled their state and invaded Anambra where they are living a good life other than their poverty inflicted state. There is no single Anambran living anywhere in Imo state but come to Anambra and see your useless people all over the place eking out a living.

We made you idiotic leaders the governor of your useless state. We determine who rules you, so what is the noise about. The only thing Imo state has over Anambra is brothels and prostitution.

I expected you to counter my point, show me that of Anambra if you have any. From my deduction you are a jobless youth it such a pity that after school you had no work you can come over to IMO send your number so I can gainfully employ you because it takes only a jobless person to go round IMO and snap picture for the sake of fruitless argument and last I checked most if not all state uni are like that. And if I can remember that uni would be move to a much larger space and rebuilt by Rochas govt. But still remember my job offer stand.

Do you know the cream the la cream of our movie industry are always in owerri on weekend, how many of them know the road to your place. I swear poverty na bastard someone should provide centralis with job as, he is going green because of we imolite.

[s][/s]

While you are at it show us Anambra the Los angelus of Nigeria.
Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:47am On Jun 28, 2015
Can you imagine that this is the admin block for IMSU? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2015
Abagworo, let us do this. tongue

The only good bad thing about imo state is child prostitution

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by Abagworo(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2015
Onitsha as it really is. Posting pictures of 1km from Head bridge to Upper Iweka cannot show us these true reflections of suffering going on in Anambra State.

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2015
posting aba and owerre in place of Onitsha. cheesy cheesy

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2015
owerri is the dirtiest eastern town

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2015
owerri is a mess of a town

Re: Why Anambra People Hate Imo And Rochas by CentralIntels: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2015
owerr wu isi imo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: PDP Will Pay Dearly If Igbos Are Denied The Vice Presidential Slot - Group / Femi Adesina: President Buhari Has Shown Mercy To Fani-Kayode / 20 Nigerian Crude Oil Ships Stranded In International Market Over Reduced Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.