Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian (81509 Views)

I Will Collect My N4Billion From Sahara Reporters – Saraki / Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Even Nigerian Police Officers Can't Spell Correctly (SEE PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by olalat(m): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Why are worrying urself so much oga. Has mr president stopped paying their salary ni? Why re u so hurt by personal decision he makes to keep himself save. I think u should be put under security survellance. You hv sinister plan. DSS is nt d only intel agency we hv in d country u hear. NIA, DIA, MIA, DSS, CID are all there ok. Ask Maryln Ogar d reason y once a reputable organisation now relegated to nothing.when a glorified pepper seller is sentimentally assigned to handle a strictly intellectual demanding task like DSS spokemanship. Such organization can not be trusted. So, forget d argument or risk charge for treason cos we will blv dt u hv sinister plan against Mr President. Good day.
awa:

Elookoo, no matter who created SSS/DSS in your words, right thing should be done. What we have to build is institutions and not "personality" in Nigeria. Whether Buhari is former Field Marshall or not, the DSS has mandate to provide him security. Let's stop supporting or justifying each wrong move of Buhari. Mind you OBJ too as Civilian President was a retired Soldier

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by obinna222: 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:
Wonder. The lenghts Nigerians will go cheesy

Our good friends at Sahara reporters all of a sudden have this at their disposal

https://www.facebook.com/ReportYourself?__nodl

As a British citizen by birth, he is still entitled to dual nationality by virtue of his parents nationality as well.

Hence, this is not a case
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by mankan2k7(m): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Even if he is from Lome, Pakistan or chinko, he is Nigerian senate President. Get that into your cerebral oblongata

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
I've looked up Ogbeide and believe it is distinguishable from Saraki's on the ground that he is not a Nigerian by birth. S.25 would in my humble view not avail him if he still retains his br citizenship. If you think otherwise it'll be better for you just to say so and not tell me to go get educated. Am human and don't like been insulted. Enjoy your evening Sir!
modhream:

Read them together.
Section 65 is subject to section 66,that being subject to section 28.Section 25 is totally independent and superior to section 28.Read and comprehend.
'Sides,Ogbeide v Osula already put all these to rest.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
formerlyMbulela:

Kindly quote the part of the Constitution.

{see section 66 subsection 1}

C - Qualifications for Membership of National Assembly and Right of Attendance

65. (1) Subject to the provisions of section 66 of this Constitution, a person shall be qualified for election as a member of:
(a) the Senate, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 35 years; and

(b) the House of Representatives, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 30 years;

(2) A person shall be qualified for election under subsection (1) of this section if:

(a) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent; and

(b) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that party.

66. (1) No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if:

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, has made a declaration of allegiance to such a country;

(b) under any law in force in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

(c) he is under a sentence of death imposed on him by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for an offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or any other offence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court;

(d) within a period of less than 10 years before the date of an election to a legislative house, he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of a contravention of the Code of Conduct;

(e) he is an undischarged bankrupt, having been adjudged or otherwise declared bankrupt under any law in force in any part of Nigeria;

(f) he is a person employed in the public service of the Federation or of any State and has not resigned, withdrawn or retired from such employment 30 days before the date of election;

(g) he is a member of a secret society;

(h) he has been indicted for embezzlement or fraud by Judicial Commission of Inquiry or an Administrative Panel of Inquiry or a Tribunal set up under the Tribunals of Inquiry Act, a Tribunals of Inquiry Law or any other law by the Federal or State Government which indictment has been accepted by the Federal or State Governments respectively; or.

(i) he has presented a forged certificate to the Independence National Electoral Commission.

(2) Where in respect of any person who has been-

(a) adjudged to be a lunatic;

(b) declared to be of unsound mind;

(c) sentenced to death or imprisonment; or

(d) adjudged or declared bankrupt,

any appeal against the decision is pending in any court of law in accordance with any law in force in Nigeria, subsection (1) of the section shall not apply during a period beginning from the date when such appeal is lodged and ending on the date when the appeal is finally determined or, as the case may be, the appeal lapses or is abandoned, whichever is earlier.

(3) For the purposes of subsection (2) of this section "appeal" includes any application for an injunction or an order certiorari, mandamus, prohibition or habeas corpus, or any appeal from any such application.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by indeed123: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
NDPVF:
Yorubas and their prepondrance to do damages to anything that didnt favour them.
Sahara Reporters has started again.
Now they are out to rubbish Saraki and deploy their media propaganda to witch hunt him.Just like Gej.
Is saraki no longer a "Progressive"?.
That reminds me,i had thought Yorubas said Saraki is Yoruba?.
Is he now a Niger?.

Hope your mouth is wide open as mine?.
Exactly how you feel when you got bursted.
Yoruba packs of lies being demolished everyday.LOL.

And the person thus so called Yoruba is witch hunting goes by the name Bukola. Please stop this your Biafra way of thinking. This is politics and not tribal politicking.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]Your modus operandi isnt new to me.Sahara reporters is now the Chief commander of Yoruba media lies,propaganda,and falsehood.so gerrout.

So it is no longer 'sharia/Islamic' media again ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Deltagiant: 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
Dindondin:

He s a Yoruba man.
Genuine Yorubas don't play ethnic politics.
Even though Saraki is our son, but he has done Ojoro.

He ll be punished gradually.

Last Bullet
As for you, stop posting as if you are making jest of the Yorubas.
We treat every tribe fairly.
If you v problem with Tinubu, direct your anger to him, not his tribe

Why this insistence on assigning Yoruba ethnicity to a family whose patriach has on many occasions said they're not Yoruba?

Why is the Sarakis singled out of the many Fulanis of Ilorin who bears Yoruba names and still recognized as Fulanis by the SW?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Forwetinnah: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
Maxymilliano:
So after 8 years as Kwara State governor, and over 4 years as a Senator, Sahara Reporters just discovered that Saraki hold dual citizenship ?

Destructive journalism at its beat ...

Na Tinubu send them...i pity Sowore, let him keep digging
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
I've looked up Ogbeide and believe it is distinguishable from Saraki's on the ground that he is not a Nigerian by birth. S.25 would in my humble view not avail him if he still retains his br citizenship. If you think otherwise it'll be better for you just to say so and not tell me to go get educated. Am human and don't like been insulted. Enjoy your evening Sir!
How is he not a citizen by birth?.Was Olusola Saraki not a Nigerian citizen when Bukola was born?.Does Bukola not have a grandparent from an indigenous Nigerian Community at the time of his birth?.
Assuming without conceding that he's a naturalized Nigeria citizen,he still doesn't lose it since he's also a British citizen by birth.A community reading of Sections 27 & 28 of the Constitution should have pointed that out to you.
And no,I wasn't insulting you.Just don't have patience with people proudly waving the flag of ignorance as you were doing then.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by PreciousBro: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
You lot will continue to be in the cry-baby category as far as saraki is concerned lol

Pathetic bunch
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
How ill-mannered of speech can you be! Ha! This is dirty, crude and stinks! Thoroughly unpolished and arrogant! Quite ungentlemanly I must say. If you ever make it to the Bench it should give way under the load of your infamy!
modhream:

Please do.
Were you a lawyer/counsel n spiting your gibberish up there,I would have had you out on your ears.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Charly68: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Men,let us celeberate investigative journalism and not to condem this good work. This shouldn't be tagged destructive journalism..the man Saraki has started what he can not finish. There are people you can not treat with disdain in any nation. Meanwhile anyone who goes into politics must have his back watched because they will search your cupboard very well to know if you carry skeleton therein. We are going to see National Assembly drama scene 2

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by NDPVF(m): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
Pque:

you are ranting nonsense. I'am a kwaran and I hate fake disloyal public servant that can't be trusted. Bullshit! To hell with feel among. What has he done for kwarans if not putting his islamist friends in top positions and side tracking christian despite the qualifications and abilities. Truth is bitter! To make matter worse, he cant be trusted and playing polytricks, selfish and disrespecting Nigerians. U mean sense of belonging with Saraki? Better think twice because Bukola will slap you, punch you, kick you, use you and then throw you into the gutter. He is a selfish, gentle snake!! Make u hear.
[/s]Was all these his profile he was elected a Governor,and hitherto a senator,or did he just start them?.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by NDPVF(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
tdayof:
for bringing in Yoruba... Omo ale buruku niie... Omo iran kiran oshi..
[/s]If you want to talk to me,write in English,or gerrout.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by NDPVF(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
indeed123:

And the person thus so called Yoruba is witch hunting goes by the name Bukola. Please stop this your Biafra way of thinking. This is politics and not tribal politicking.
[/s]In your mind now,you have said something emm?.shm.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by PreciousBro: 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
I really don't get it though, why all of a sudden, Saraki's citizenry is being questioned ? After having been in the Nigeria mainstream politics for over a decade now.

LoL
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Mosaku147: 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
48noble:
Who is playing this dirty...APC
This is not the change Nigerians voted for.
Let there be peace
there shall be no peace for the wicked,crafty,liars and sinners. Saraki's problems have just started.he shall know no rest.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Indeed s.25 is, as u said so definitive but the core issue here is the effect of dual citizenship on citizenship status/electability! Saraki not been a citizen by birth should not have retained that br passport. Still reading.
CFCfan:

Section 28(1):
"Subject to the other provisions of this section, a person shall forfeit forthwith his Nigerian citizenship if, not being a citizen of Nigeria by birth, he acquires or retains the citizenship or nationality of a country, other than Nigeria, of which he is not a citizen by birth."

Section 25(1) is the operative definition of a Nigerian citizen by birth.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Rexyl(m): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
That looks like a forged identity. The name is even wrong.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
Indeed s.25 is, as u said so definitive but the core issue here is the effect of dual citizenship on citizenship status/electability! Saraki not been a citizen by birth should not have retained that br passport. Still reading.
Jesus!
What sort of a student of the law would you/did you make?.Did you read S.25(1)c at all?.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
I urge that patience on you! No way would you have learnt the much you now know were all who ever lived of your ilk! Best wishes!
modhream:

How is he not a citizen by birth?.Was Olusola Saraki not a Nigerian citizen when Bukola was born?.Does Bukola not have a grandparent from an indigenous Nigerian Community at the time of his birth?.
Assuming without conceding that he's a naturalized Nigeria citizen,he still doesn't lose it since he's also a British citizen by birth.A community reading of Sections 27 & 28 of the Constitution should have pointed that out to you.
And no,I wasn't insulting you.Just don't have patience with people proudly waving the flag of ignorance as you were doing then.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by uch21(f): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
And de story jus began,,,,APC change
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by ify84(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
sahara brought them to power, sahara wants to destroy them. well, though they are idiots, we will now take them serious as apc e rats took them serious then.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Common how do you situate s.28(1) within s.25 reading communally. Still baffles me why folks get so agitated to the point of the insultive when others reason differently! We can have an intelligent discussion without agitation. Stay calm!
modhream:

Jesus!
What sort of a student of the law would you/did you make?.Did you read S.25(1)c at all?.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
I urge that patience on you! No way would you have learnt the much you now know were all who ever lived of your ilk! Best wishes!
Okay,it appears we need a reset of relationship here.Apparently,you're still learning your way around citizenship/constitutional law so I'll go more easy on you.
Forgive my earlier abruptness.
So,where are you in your reading now?.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by tunjidj3: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:
Wonder. The lenghts Nigerians will go cheesy

Our good friends at Sahara reporters all of a sudden have this at their disposal

SARAKI SARAKI SARAKI HOW MANY TIME I CALL
YOU THINK U ARE SMART
THOSE SMARTER THAN YOU ARE WATCHING YOU
AS YOU HAVE CAUSE DEPRESSION IN NIGERIA NEW DAWN CHANGE
NOW DUAL CITIZEN NOT QUALIFY FOR THAT OVER AMBITION POST
SEE YOUR OWN DEPRESION
https://www.facebook.com/ReportYourself?__nodl
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by katazozo: 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
M4gunners:
This is to show how far sahara reporters has been working for APC.
Point of correction,working for Tinubu in particular
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
Common how do you situate s.28(1) within s.25 reading communally. Still baffles me why folks get so agitated to the point of the insultive when others reason differently! We can have an intelligent discussion without agitation. Stay calm!
S.25(1)a,b,c stand independent n superior while S.28(1) lies subject to it.
I asked that you read Sections 26,27 & 28 together n thereby situate S.65(1) & 66(1)
Pay particular attention to S.25(1)c,then read S.28(1) n see for yourself it doesn't n will never apply to S.25.Therefore follows it doesn't apply to Saraki cos S.25(1)c already has him covered.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by olamieseun(m): 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
Senator Saraki is now in trouble because SR is involved, I don't know how he's going to escape dis .
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
I couldn't agree more.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
OK. Just wish someone will bring this up via OS and go all the way to SCN so we can see how they'll rule. By the way, SCOTUS was something else this last Friday! Sleep tight Friend!!
modhream:

S.25(1)a,b,c stand independent n superior while S.28(1) lies subject to it.
I asked that you read Sections 26,27 & 28 together n thereby situate S.65(1) & 66(1)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nasarawa Relocates Emir Sanusi To Awe From Loko Village / Barbecued Chicken Served To Voters At Lagos Island (Pics) / Remi Tinubu Refusing To Shake Saraki (See Real Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.