Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian (81511 Views)

I Will Collect My N4Billion From Sahara Reporters – Saraki / Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Even Nigerian Police Officers Can't Spell Correctly (SEE PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by emerged01(m): 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
observing!

those who released this info know reasons they are doing so. I believe it is for a reason,a genuine reason for that matter.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by formerlyMbulela: 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
The stupidity of this topic is mind boggling.
Sahara have sunk really low.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by formerlyMbulela: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
soe:
Meanwhile, it is against the constitution for anyone who has willingly opted to be a citizen of another country to be elected into the National Assembly...

On my way to the federal high court...
Kindly quote the part of the Constitution.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by rexel99: 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
citizenisb:
A lot of times we try to project the image of the benign, peace loving drunk from Otueke to cover up the complete rot his administration represented. It is just a repeat of history as most of us know that Shagari is a good man but his administration was very corrupt.

I stay in Abuja and I know that the corruption under the GEJ administration was monumental and the enormous revenue accrued to the government was wasted even much more than Abacha, Babangida and Obasanjo combined. Why are we so wicked to keep on defending his administration.

Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central.

Whether he appoints Ministers this night or next year it is a huge relief from the madness we just went through for six years.

It will take a lot for us to recover with the depleted external reserves, crash of crude prices, a possible Greek default, reduction in summer travel and GDP/ Oil use due to terrorism fears, a huge slowdown in China, 30 million barrels of stored Iranian crude about to hit the market with the removal of sanctions and two possible interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve.

We are in interesting times no matter who is at the helm and the earlier we all hunker down and pray to weather the storm without terrible social unrest that will come with job losses, subsidy removal, Naira devaluation and corresponding hyperinflation adding to the Boko Haram insurgency decimating the North East and the bankruptcy of the states.

Let me give you a brief example; Buhari told the governors to negotiate longer loan tenors with the banks up to 20 years to reduce the strain and inability to pay salaries, do you know how that will affect bank profits and systemic liquidity. What will happen to their Oil and Gas loans if oil prices dip further.

May God help this country but please it is sheer wickedness to bring up the previous administrations records. In other climes they would have been shot by now.

The topic at hand has to do with saraki.must you make references to the previous administration? It's crass immaturity to bring up the past administration in virtually every argument. Am tempted to believe this is a cut and paste from an article written elsewhere, because your argument has no bearing on the topic at hand. Look for other means to handle your emotions.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
Correctman0606:
Barbarian
If you were sober when you posted this in response to an apparently sane position then your condition is rather pathetic! I'm in the hope you recover soon enough before you come full circle!
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Pque(m): 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]I said I DON'T CARE.If he like,let him have quadrillion citizenship,he must be your SP.your APC gave him ticket to run at first instance,why didnt you mention it then.
LAST BULLET;
You can't pitch Nigerians against saraki,like you did to goodluck.stop being selfish.stop fighting anything that doesnt favour you with your media.you are not the only one in Nigeria.if it doesnt favour you,it favours others.stop being greedy.At least the people of Kwara will sense of belonging in this government via saraki.gerrout.

you are ranting nonsense. I'am a kwaran and I hate fake disloyal public servant that can't be trusted. Bullshit! To hell with feel among. What has he done for kwarans if not putting his islamist friends in top positions and side tracking christian despite the qualifications and abilities. Truth is bitter! To make matter worse, he cant be trusted and playing polytricks, selfish and disrespecting Nigerians. U mean sense of belonging with Saraki? Better think twice because Bukola will slap you, punch you, kick you, use you and then throw you into the gutter. He is a selfish, gentle snake!! Make u hear.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:

Friend, S.25(1)a,b,c, is qualified by S.28.1. When read together and subjected to rules of interpretation it should be apparent to a discerning mind that Saraki, if he still keeps his British passport, and not having been born in Nigeria IS NOT A NIGERIAN by the provisions of the Constitution and it matters not what you think! Kudos to the SR for good investigative journalism and thumbs down for Nigerian journalists whose industry is suspect enough for this to have slipped by right under their noses!

Section 28(1):
"Subject to the other provisions of this section, a person shall forfeit forthwith his Nigerian citizenship if, not being a citizen of Nigeria by birth, he acquires or retains the citizenship or nationality of a country, other than Nigeria, of which he is not a citizen by birth."

Section 25(1) is the operative definition of a Nigerian citizen by birth.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by discusant: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chai, I de waste time for one small village topic since. Lemme consult Nigeria's constitution first. Did the constitution also say that someborry who has dual citizenship cannot be senate president? I don't think so.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by tdayof(m): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
NDPVF:
Yorubas and their prepondrance to do damages to anything that didnt favour them.
Sahara Reporters has started again.
Now they are out to rubbish Saraki and deploy their media propaganda to witch hunt him.Just like Gej.
Is saraki no longer a "Progressive"?.
That reminds me,i had thought Yorubas said Saraki is Yoruba?.
Is he now a Niger?.
Hope your mouth is wide open as mine?.
Exactly how you feel when you got bursted.
Yoruba packs of lies being demolished everyday.LOL.
for bringing in Yoruba... Omo ale buruku niie... Omo iran kiran oshi..

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by tochstorm(m): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
Maxymilliano:
So after 8 years as Kwara State governor, and over 4 years as a Senator, Sahara Reporters just discovered that Saraki hold dual citizenship ?

Destructive journalism at its beat ...
*best* autocorrect problem guess u are using touchscreen.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by awa(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
elookoo:

What is this one saying, SSS/DSS is a creation of the military I.e IBB, what makes them a symbol of democracy then? As commander in chief of the armed forces and a retired General, Pmb has every right to want to be guarded by Soldiers, let DSS be what they should be, spy agency

Elookoo, no matter who created SSS/DSS in your words, right thing should be done. What we have to build is institutions and not "personality" in Nigeria. Whether Buhari is former Field Marshall or not, the DSS has mandate to provide him security. Let's stop supporting or justifying each wrong move of Buhari. Mind you OBJ too as Civilian President was a retired Soldier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
samueld0:
This is a confirmation that Tinubu owns Sahara reporters.
They can finish someone politicaly

Gej was a victim and example

Saraki be ready for social media warfare with Sahara reporters
Oluwole Sowore owns saharareporters not Tinubu . Deliberate ignorance is a sin against humanity !
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by olalat(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
U are among the few who hv virile critical thinkg ability.
August21:
Sometimes I do wonder y buhari hasn't appointed his cabinet yet buh who knows weda is tinkin abt d cost implication 4 now
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:

Friend, S.25(1)a,b,c, is qualified by S.28.1. When read together and subjected to rules of interpretation it should be apparent to a discerning mind that Saraki, if he still keeps his British passport, and not having been born in Nigeria IS NOT A NIGERIAN by the provisions of the Constitution and it matters not what you think! Kudos to the SR for good investigative journalism and thumbs down for Nigerian journalists whose industry is suspect enough for this to have slipped by right under their noses!
Section 28 does not apply in anyway whatsoever to Section 25,only Sections 26 & 27 dealing with citizenship by registration and naturalization.Get some education.Even Section 29 that is supposed to have universal application has been hampered by the Court of Appeal judgement of Ogbeide v Osula (2004) to wit that citizenship by birth can never be forfeited.That ruling is yet to be challenged at nor overturned by the Supreme Court.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by AreaFada2: 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
48noble:
Who is playing this dirty...APC
This is not the change Nigerians voted for.
Let there be peace

But is it a secret that Bukola is 9ja-Britico?

I heard about 10 years ago from a man who knows the Saraki family very well. For over 40 years in fact.

If my memory serves me well, Oloye was a young doctor/house officer in UK when Bukola was born here in UK.

His biological mum is Caribbean, possibly a nurse, the man wasn't sure. The person most people take to be Bukola's mum is not actually his biological one.

I thought that was something already in the public arena.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by discusant: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
Oh Poor Saraki:

NIGERIA' S CONSTITUTION (as delivered to us by northern Nigeria soldiers)

- Qualifications for Membership of National Assembly and Right of Attendance

65. (1) Subject to the provisions of section 66 of this Constitution, a person shall be qualified for election as a member of:
(a) the Senate, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 35 years; and

(b) the House of Representatives, if he is a citizen of Nigeria and has attained the age of 30 years;

(2) A person shall be qualified for election under subsection (1) of this section if:

(a) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent; and

(b) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that party.

(1) No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if:

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, has made a declaration of allegiance to such a country;

(b) under any law in force in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

(c) he is under a sentence of death imposed on him by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for an offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or any other offence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court;

(d) within a period of less than 10 years before the date of an election to a legislative house, he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of a contravention of the Code of Conduct;

(e) he is an undischarged bankrupt, having been adjudged or otherwise declared bankrupt under any law in force in any part of Nigeria;

(f) he is a person employed in the public service of the Federation or of any State and has not resigned, withdrawn or retired from such employment 30 days before the date of election;

(g) he is a member of a secret society;

(h) he has been indicted for embezzlement or fraud by Judicial Commission of Inquiry or an Administrative Panel of Inquiry or a Tribunal set up under the Tribunals of Inquiry Act, a Tribunals of Inquiry Law or any other law by the Federal or State Government which indictment has been accepted by the Federal or State Governments respectively; or.

(i) he has presented a forged certificate to the Independence National Electoral Commission.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Panshow(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
When Sahara reporters begin to pursue you, know that your end is near.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by queensmith: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
what dual citizenship? There's no dual written there. . . .
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by amazingspiderma: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=oweman post=35254688][/quote]

So you can't comment on this issue without referring to Igbos.
Please grow up.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by amazingspiderma: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=oweman post=35254688][/quote]

So you can't comment on this issue without referring to Igbos.
Please grow up.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Folks, read as.25,28, 65(1) and 66(1). The Courts won't move unless they are moved by due process. Barring the unforesoon Saraki's goose is cooked!
989900:
This was all I could find (posted earlier by some Niaralanders).

I don't know what happens with politicians with foreign birth and Nigerian parents.

In this case Ajumobi was cleared.

P.S. I think Saraki gets cleared too, à la citizenship by birth to Nigerian parents.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by samueld0(m): 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Oluwole Sowore owns saharareporters not Tinubu . Deliberate ignorance is a sin against humanity !

What you don't undastand here is that Sowore is the founder and brain behind Sahara reporters But Tinubu is the financier making him Godfather to Sowore.

Yes go and confirm from those who know how Sahara reporters and TVC was founded

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by shizzleStar: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
adebisicutie:

The Constitution does not allow one to hold a political office with dual citizenship however I expect he is smart enough to have officially renounced his British critizenship as you are allowed to do that. If not he is in yawa
mo.ron!

...But same saraki was governor for 8 years and a senator for another 4 years, where were you and sharia reporters then?

Its official, most APC supporters especially yorubars are just too dumb and daft.

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:
Folks, read as.25,28, 65(1) and 66(1). The Courts won't move unless they are moved by due process. Barring the unforesoon Saraki's goose is cooked!
Read them together.
Section 65 is subject to section 66,that being subject to section 28.Section 25 is totally independent and superior to section 28.Read and comprehend.
'Sides,Ogbeide v Osula already put all these to rest.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
modhream:

Section 28 does not apply in anyway whatsoever to Section 25,only Sections 26 & 27 dealing with citizenship by registration and naturalization.Get some education.Even Section 29 that is supposed to have universal application has been hampered by the Court of Appeal judgement of Ogbeide v Osula (2004) to wit that citizenship by birth can never be forfeited.That ruling is yet to be challenged at nor overturned by the Supreme Court.

Well, I'll look up Ogbeide and get back at you asap. I'll get some education smiley
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by discusant: 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
{(1) No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if:

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, has made a declaration of allegiance to such a country;}

Lots of Nigeria's well-educated population have dual citizenship. The constitution was handed to us by northern soldiers who supervised it. They had a regional purpose for eliminating dual citizenship even for the offices of the NASS - not for the sake of patriotism - few Northerners go out of Nigeria - talk less, acquiring dual citizenship.

But the most important parts of that 1999 constitution may be impossible to amend now, because northern soldiers proliferated too many states in the north with subsequent too many legislators and legislative houses in the north.

Worse, each time people in the Eastern zone asked for political restructuring by creating one more state in the southeast to enable equitable representation between the north and south in the NASS, people like Raji Fashola from the SW led the pack of opposition to that.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by M4gunners: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
ribbit:
so is saraki apc ?
No Saraki is SPD and NRC.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Olayinkaoj(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
Dimeji Bankole is a Briton. He was also trained as a British army. But never renounced his country of birth and so both Saraki and Dimeji are Nigerians in the face of the Nigeria constitutional.
Is Tinubu not an American?

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by modhream: 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
odeotito:

Well, I'll look up Ogbeide and get back at you asap. I'll get some education smiley
Please do.
Were you a lawyer/counsel n spiting your gibberish up there,I would have had you out on your ears.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by cyberguy72(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
san316:
send am to US now

what is the fuss about? the APC judas wiz Carrot has dual citizenship n it is acceptable by nigerian constitutiin. this is not what we will use to catch him. we are still digging a well fitted hole for him to fall in, then we'll get our shovels n hoes ready.
if theu remove him Ekweremadu will take over,iz APC nt seeing this angle?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by HRich(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
wachakuta:

Oyah where is ur proof?
Lolz. E dey house.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
modhream:

Right. And the NASS can't make any law that contradicts the ruling of the court of appeal. The only recourse is a constitutional amendment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Barbecued Chicken Served To Voters At Lagos Island (Pics) / Remi Tinubu Refusing To Shake Saraki (See Real Photo) / Femi Adesina Returns To Sun Newspaper As Executive Vice Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.