Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian (81504 Views)

I Will Collect My N4Billion From Sahara Reporters – Saraki / Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Even Nigerian Police Officers Can't Spell Correctly (SEE PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by ollyruffy: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
This is why those polithieficians like Saraki do not care about progress of this country. Since they are citizens of other countries, nigeria can rot under their watch.

BTW. Not only saraki has dual citizenship. Many of the rogues in nigerian politics have including their children.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by adora4u1: 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Let us put sentiments aside.

Saraki has dual citizenship.......UK by birth, Nigeria by parents. The question is....does the constitution allow a person with dual citizenship to hold the office of the President of the Senate? If it does, does the place of birth come into play? Former Senate President David Mark has both Nigerian and Belizean citizenships but in his case he was born in Nigeria.

Place of birth comes into play because in the USA, you can't be president if you were born out side the United States except in a US base outside the USA. That was the reason Donald Trump was insisting that Obama show the American people his birth certificate!

Something tells me Saraki knows that the constitution allows him to be the Senate President even with dual citizenship irrespective of where you were born. I might not like his Judas Iscariot image but I'm sure he is not stupid!
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
BermudaTriangle:

Did Saraki ever say that he is yoruba ? Only an ignorant person, yoruba or otherwise, will be fooled into thinking Saraki is yoruba just because of the Bukola in his name. Saraki himself denied his being yoruba through a rerun interview granted by his late father. His father, Olusola Saraki, is nigerien but yoruba mother which does not make him a yoruba. As a matter of fact, from the second republic uptil his death, he aligned and identified himself more as a northerner than a southerner. Busy-bodism kills the intelect even where one has it.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by NDPVF(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
chrisblack:
see ur type. Even buharis cows are smart would even tell you this line of thinking is wrong.did you know he was of dual citizenship?we are just getting to know.so this should continue? The ? Should be what is the stand of the constitution on this.if it is allowed its fine if not what does it say
[/s]I said I DON'T CARE.If he like,let him have quadrillion citizenship,he must be your SP.your APC gave him ticket to run at first instance,why didnt you mention it then.
LAST BULLET;
You can't pitch Nigerians against saraki,like you did to goodluck.stop being selfish.stop fighting anything that doesnt favour you with your media.you are not the only one in Nigeria.if it doesnt favour you,it favours others.stop being greedy.At least the people of Kwara will sense of belonging in this government via saraki.gerrout.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by adebisicutie: 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
adora4u1:
Let us put sentiments aside.

Saraki has dual citizenship.......UK by birth, Nigeria by parents. The question is....does the constitution allow a person with dual citizenship to hold the office of the President of the Senate? If it does, does the place of birth come into play? Former Senate President David Mark has both Nigerian and Belizean citizenships but in his case he was born in Nigeria.

Place of birth comes into play because in the USA, you can't be president if you were born out side the United States except in a US base outside the USA. That was the reason Donald Trump was insisting that Obama show the American people his birth certificate!

Something tells me Saraki knows that the constitution allows him to be the Senate President even with dual citizenship irrespective of where you were born. I might not like his Judas Iscariot image but I'm sure he is not stupid!

The Constitution does not allow one to hold a political office with dual citizenship however I expect he is smart enough to have officially renounced his British critizenship as you are allowed to do that. If not he is in yawa

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Why is Saraki's NEPA bill not enough to prove his citizenship?

this APC people and double standard

did Buhari produce his WASC in court?
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Olaone1: 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Even though it's true, that's a photoshopped copy undecided

Olybukola? Sahara Reporters forgot to proofread undecided

Yellow journalism
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:
Wonder. The lenghts Nigerians will go cheesy

Our good friends at Sahara reporters all of a sudden have this at their disposal

https://www.facebook.com/ReportYourself?__nodl
.............Sahara Deported

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by abraka00(f): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
My friend u better reason like a normal human being. Is it now u realised Saraki is not a Nigerian? Where were u when Olusola was d senate president and was busy installing and sacking governors? Where were u when Bukola became d governor of kwara state and later became a senator? Where were u when that same Bukola with some rebel PDP govs and legislators shamefully decamped to ur demonic party APC? I believe u were basking in d euphoria of 'change'.Now things have fallen apart, u are here talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by adebisicutie: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=adora4u1 post=35255706]Let us put sentiments aside.

Double posting
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by sunny63(m): 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
citizenisb:
A lot of times we try to project the image of the benign, peace loving drunk from Otueke to cover up the complete rot his administration represented. It is just a repeat of history as most of us know that Shagari is a good man but his administration was very corrupt.

I stay in Abuja and I know that the corruption under the GEJ administration was monumental and the enormous revenue accrued to the government was wasted even much more than Abacha, Babangida and Obasanjo combined. Why are we so wicked to keep on defending his administration.

Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central.

Whether he appoints Ministers this night or next year it is a huge relief from the madness we just went through for six years.

It will take a lot for us to recover with the depleted external reserves, crash of crude prices, a possible Greek default, reduction in summer travel and GDP/ Oil use due to terrorism fears, a huge slowdown in China, 30 million barrels of stored Iranian crude about to hit the market with the removal of sanctions and two possible interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve.

We are in interesting times no matter who is at the helm and the earlier we all hunker down and pray to weather the storm without terrible social unrest that will come with job losses, subsidy removal, Naira devaluation and corresponding hyperinflation adding to the Boko Haram insurgency decimating the North East and the bankruptcy of the states.

Let me give you a brief example; Buhari told the governors to negotiate longer loan tenors with the banks up to 20 years to reduce the strain and inability to pay salaries, do you know how that will affect bank profits and systemic liquidity. What will happen to their Oil and Gas loans if oil prices dip further.

May God help this country but please it is sheer wickedness to bring up the previous administrations records. In other climes they would have been shot by now.
U dnt have brain like ur Boss,Doctor needs to mob ur brain
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by airmark(m): 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
CFCfan:

Sir, according to section 25 of the constitution a Nigerian kid born outside Nigeria by, at least, one Nigeria parent is a Nigerian citizen by birth.
So Sen Saraki is a Nigerian citizen by birth.

Sections 28, 66 (1) (a) and 156 (1a) are very clear about all this, only that we live in a lawless country. But Saraki will be used as a scape goat. David mark and others in the past were lucky.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Olaone1: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
When Tinubu was governing Lagos State, at least 20% of HOA members had dual citizenship. The APC is full of people with American citizenship. Abegii undecided
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by August21(m): 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sometimes I do wonder y buhari hasn't appointed his cabinet yet buh who knows weda is tinkin abt d cost implication 4 now
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
"Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central"

Thank you for the very scientific analysis of our election experience in 2015. Change that will come with PMB ascension to power is not going to be automatic. We will all have to work for it, there are sacrifices to be made. However we expect an accelerated pace for the change against the background of prudent and transparent financial management which hopefully our President will ensure.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by NDPVF(m): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
tiger28:
thank you my brother o. We are not like Biafrans. We don't shield law breakers because "he is our own" like they do.
[/s]Thats one trait in you guys that i hate.you like blackmailing others with your propaganda.what brought Biafran ish here?.Just to divert attention isnt it?.shm!.

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by jcross19: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
S-a-r-a-k-i that name sounds like from madagascar.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by piagetskinner(m): 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
Okay!! I know...he's lebanese-Nigerian
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by tiger28: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
CFCfan:
Saraki is still a Nigerian citizen by birth. The fact that he is a naturalized British citizen does not negate his Nigerian citizenship by birth, according to section 66 of the 1999 constitution.
Therefore, he is qualified to hold public office in Nigeria
the passport says he was born in England

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Rhozabeth(m): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Emekamex:
Does it mean Obama isn't american since he was born in Kenya.
Nna, if Obama was born in Kenya, he would not be allowed near white house let alone become president! His father was from Kenya but he was born in america! Anybody born outside america cannot become president in america. Do ur findings pls.

5 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by tiger28: 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Place of birth: London

Damn!!!!
This guy must be a spy
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by jomoh: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
48noble:
Who is playing this dirty...APC
This is not the change Nigerians voted for.
Let there be peace

Stating the fact is dirty politics?

Sunofgod:
Saraki is a British-Hausa/Yoruba Man,

His roots are actually from Mali. You can google Olusola Saraki his father.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
iykedare:
Who controls these guys at sahara reporters?

Tinubu
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by tiger28: 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
Olaone1:
When Tinubu was governing Lagos State, at least 20% of HOA members had dual citizenship. The APC is full of people with American citizenship. Abegii undecided
dummy , do you understand the ramifications of our number 3 and aspiring president to pledge allegiance to another country. Worst still , the passport state that he was BORN IN LONDON? am I the only seeing this? ?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
airmark:

Sections 28, 66 (1) (a) and 156 (1a) are very clear about all this, only that we live in a lawless country. But Saraki will be used as a scape goat. David mark and others in the past were lucky.

Section 28:
"Subject to the other provisions of this section, a person shall forfeit forthwith his Nigerian citizenship if, not being a citizen of Nigeria by birth, he acquires or retains the citizenship or nationality of a country, other than Nigeria, of which he is not a citizen by birth.

Section 66 (1a) states:
"No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if:
(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, has made a declaration of allegiance to such a country; "

Now, Saraki, by reason of being born in the UK, cannot be said to have voluntarily acquired UK citizenship. Also, I'm not aware of any law by the NASS which explicitly bars people with dual citizenship (ie. those who have pledge allegiance to another country) from holding public office in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by awa(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
descoay:
Tinubu's South West powerful media are fighting back. By the time they finish with this Judas and traitor called Saraki he will regret ever aspiring to be Senate President by hobnobbing with the opposition and stabbing his party at the back.

What's this hype about Saraki Senate Presidency all about? APC came on board on the platform of change and Saraki has just decided to bring in his version of that change by changing how Party should decide what happens in the Senate Chamber and same APC members are no longer out for change
I think it's high time we started reviewing the cooperate manifesto of APC if truly they have any. Let's assumed PDP failed due to it's elected Leaders pushing PDP policies instead of national policies, shouldn't we be celebrating Saraki for this pragmatic shift from politics as usual?
Enough of this anti Sarakism even though I am just watching on from the sideline to see how Association of Past Criminals APC would resolve their inhouse fighting and focus on the change they promised us.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
tiger28:
the passport says he was born in England
The phrase "Nigerian citizen by birth" has a specific meaning in the Nigerian constitution. It's application extends to individuals born outside Nigeria to at least one Nigerian parent.
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Joysmart(f): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
If he's not Nigeria fine let him resign so that Ekweremadu will become the Senate president cheesy undecided
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Olaone1: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
tiger28:
dummy , do you understand the ramifications of our number 3 and aspiring president to pledge allegiance to another country. Worst still , the passport state that he was BORN IN LONDON? am I the only seeing this? ?
Oloriburuku
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by Dmcool(m): 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mercie97:
it's obvious that he holds dual citizenship.. Nigerians sha, time to dig out everything whether good or evil about saraki

Nigeria constitution don't allow dual citizenship

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by UMOSCO: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
NO COMMENT
Re: Sahara Reporters: Saraki Is Not Even Nigerian by adora4u1: 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
adebisicutie:

The Constitution does not allow one to hold a political office with dual citizenship however I expect he is smart enough to have officially renounced his British critizenship as you are allowed to do that. If not he is in yawa

Mehnnnnnnnn! See wahala for both sides. If he has not renounced his British citizenship then bye-bye Senate Presidency! If he has, Sahara reporters go shame no be small! Boy, can't wait for Monday to hear denials and explanations! Dis week go tough! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

COVID-19: Abiola Ajimobi Is Dead - Sulaiman Aledeh Says / Nasarawa Relocates Emir Sanusi To Awe From Loko Village / Barbecued Chicken Served To Voters At Lagos Island (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.