Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Fitness 101 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fitness 101 (50289 Views)

GLAUCOMA 101 - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS / 101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / Fitness Without Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
Day 5 done very late yesterday but had previously done a 6.7 km brisk walk/jog early in the morning. I love the brisk walk /jog/run in the morning not just for fitness it its so therapeutic for me out in the fresh air all alone with my thoughts after a rushed and hectic week.

been laying horizontal all day after church embarassed

I can't keep postponing the inevitable will see jillian in an hr or so .
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
damiso:

See why I said you don't need jillian grin so what else were you meant to do in one day of that is just 'managed' Choi Efe you are one of those fitness winches I was talking about cheesy

You go girl.. We will get there someday

Lol @ fitness winch! grin grin grin

I do my best but it's hard work not to slide back into old habits...
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2015
armyofone:
this fair Turkey ti mon je dun da da. Girl, isariaite.
Keep motivated and work harder.
I only pray that now that I'm leaving mil life to still keep up and not develop big oshodi isale.

Awon onijekuje dede, you berra don't let me heap idi arere curse on you grin

EfemenaXY:

Don't mind her. First and only time I attended my local gym's strength building Total Body Conditioning class, I used the smallest weights available. 1.25kg grin grin
By the end of the 1hr session, I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. All over. I don't like weights, but I know I've gotta build & strengthen my muscles...

1.25 kg? grin grin grin grin grin You need to do more strength training ma'am, as with other things na one day at a time, think back to your first jog. I am sure you became winded in a matter of minutes, now Marion Jones prolly has nothing on you grin

@ Damiso & Boldedleonidas, love Assam, Darjeeling, Red bush and most herbal infusions except nettle. That 5hit tastes like ........................i don't even have the word. Pukka's liquorice is really really nice, the smell alone is so very inviting.

@ Mrs OJ, that belly na small fry compared to mine two years ago, inside body magic sef my belle dey show so much so people would ask me if i was pregnant despite wearing the darn thing angry My only opinion on belly fat is that most of it is diet related, you will have to make some serious life style changes to lose belly fat. I had to and these days I am pretty comfortable and used to my diet even if I have the occasional lapse in judgement and drown my sorrows in Oreo cookies and Croissants sad

@ Thread, took a day off Jillian yesterday, so today is day 7 for me, I am getting there but I have to admit the side lunges are still are killer. I intend to do level one for 20 twenty days .............I want to stretch the program to 60 days to to mimic Shaun T's 60 days insanity.

Keep at it ladies .....................we can only do this one day at a time wink

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2015
Just finished my Day 4. Getting more bearable I guess

Welcomes Mrs OJ. Like I always say, if lazy kimoni can do it, then anybody can.
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2015
I started today, 6 months post partum. So today is my Day 1. I pray I continue till day 30
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Kimoni:
Just finished my Day 4. Getting more bearable I guess

Welcomes Mrs OJ. Like I always say, if lazy kimoni can do it, then anybody can.

Give me a hug sweetheart. I got an update without using my headmistress cane wink
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2015
naijababe:

Give me a hug sweetheart. I got an update without using my headmistress cane wink

Hahahahahhahhaha
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2015
opella:
I started today, 6 months post partum. So today is my Day 1. I pray I continue till day 30

Yes you will wink
Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
Day 3 done. I'm aching all over my body especially my thighs. Pls,is there anything I can do to reduce this pain?
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
naijababe:

Awon onijekuje dede, you berra don't let me heap idi arere curse on you grin

1.25 kg? grin grin grin grin grin You need to do more strength training ma'am, as with other things na one day at a time, think back to your first jog. I am sure you became winded in a matter of minutes, now Marion Jones prolly has nothing on you grin

@ Damiso & Boldedleonidas, love Assam, Darjeeling, Red bush and most herbal infusions except nettle. That 5hit tastes like ........................i don't even have the word. Pukka's liquorice is really really nice, the smell alone is so very inviting.

@ Mrs OJ, that belly na small fry compared to mine two years ago, inside body magic sef my belle dey show so much so people would ask me if i was pregnant despite wearing the darn thing angry My only opinion on belly fat is that most of it is diet related, you will have to make some serious life style changes to lose belly fat. I had to and these days I am pretty comfortable and used to my diet even if I have the occasional lapse in judgement and drown my sorrows in Oreo cookies and Croissants sad

@ Thread, took a day off Jillian yesterday, so today is day 7 for me, I am getting there but I have to admit the side lunges are still are killer. I intend to do level one for 20 twenty days .............I want to stretch the program to 60 days to to mimic Shaun T's 60 days insanity.

Keep at it ladies .....................we can only do this one day at a time wink

Day 7 done..the side lunges and last cardio circuits (butt kicks/jump ropes) is when I feel like giving up but today I was just flying off the ground at the last set of jump ropes.

I intend to stretch level 1 for 20 days too ..watched a review on YouTube and the lady said Level 3 has a lot of jumping I said yeepa my knees o . I guess il be used to it by then.My knees are my issue when working out. I think I need to do more warm ups to loosen up the joints around my knees before starting any form of exercise cod I notice the pain even after running/jogging/brisk walking.

Ppmoma don't worry the pain will subside not feeling the pain that much anymore.
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ppmoma:
Day 3 done. I'm aching all over my body especially my thighs. Pls,is there anything I can do to reduce this point ain?
Keep doing it it will disappear kiss
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Una well done o cheesy grin
Me I still dey yoga only mode
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 9:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Day 2 done, my thighs are on fire. cry cry
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2015
opella:
Day 2 done, my thighs are on fire. cry cry

Pele, it will get better.

Day 8 - side lunges still killing me but I remain steadfast, my shoulders are a bit numb right now cry
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 11:58am On Jul 07, 2015
Day 5 done. Still looking forward to the day I will try Nat's press-ups, for now, I am with Anita.

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kimoni:
Day 5 done. Still looking forward to the day I will try Nat's press-ups, for now, I am with Anita.

Same here, tried to follow Nat yesterday but promptly switched to Anita after the second one. Did same today, maybe, I will be 100% team Nat by day 20 lipsrsealed
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
naijababe:

Same here, tried to follow Nat yesterday but promptly switched to Anita after the second one. Did same today, maybe, I will be 100% team Nat by day 20 lipsrsealed

Lol...that's my goal
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kimoni:
naijababe:

grin I thought I was the only one
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol @ fitness winch! grin grin grin

I do my best but it's hard work not to slide back into old habits...
cheesy Nice pins baby. Do you squat?
@post, these days I keep it simple. No complex routines. I find it helps with that eventual mental fatigue.
Barbell rows(Back), Military press(Triceps), and Squats(Legs). Each once a week, occasionally I throw in barbell shrugs for that mean look.
Sorry ladies cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Day 6 done.

Think I have I have lost about 2kg since I started. From 69 to 67kg.

Ordered this more comprehensive scale from Argos. I want to measure every inch of fat in every part of my body. This is my latest job function grin grin

Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Kimoni:
Day 6 done.

Ordered this more comprehensive scale from Argos. I want to measure every inch of fat in every part of my body. This is my latest job function grin grin

Well done dear.
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2015
Day 3 done. I don't know whether it is getting tougher or getting easier. Phew!

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 9:29am On Jul 08, 2015
Day 4 done. Hurt my neck two days ago while doing day 3,had instant headache at about the 20th minute..took time out yesterday. I'm much better today..no stopping!

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Well done peeps. Like she always says no injuries pls kiss
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
Kimoni:
Day 6 done.

Nice gadgets grin congrats on the loss
Have you taken measurements, Jilian is known to chisel the Inches off o
When I did it sef na just 2abi 3kg I loss but the trim die

You want precise detail go for dexa scan cost not more than a 100 bucks
I am hoping to do one next year by God's grace cheesy
Or
Body calipers is better than scale guesstimate IMHO tongue
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
zemaye:

Nice gadgets grin congrats on the loss
Have you taken measurements, Jilian is known to chisel the Inches off o
When I did it sef na just 2abi 3kg I loss but the trim die

You want precise detail go for dexa scan cost not more than a 100 bucks
I am hoping to do one next year by God's grace cheesy
Or
Body calipers is better than scale guesstimate IMHO tongue

grin grin wicked babe

I'll take the measurements today though I can feel the shredding already

Body calipers shocked shocked O ga ju. Una no go kee person grin I'll def check it out too
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
Kimoni:
Day 6 done.

Get yourself a tape rule sweetheart, you want to measure the inches rather go by your weight alone. As you burn fat and gain muscle, your weight will not always be a true reflection of the loss.

Day 9 for me, I am a badass now even if I still Anita's push-ups but I follow Nat for the rest of the moves. Side lunges still a biatch, i dunno if it is because it is the last set undecided

opella:
Day 3 done. I don't know whether it is getting tougher or getting easier. Phew!

Early days darling, by day 5 it will start to less tougher, note I did not say easier grin

Ppmoma:
Day 4 done. Hurt my neck two days ago while doing day 3,had instant headache at about the 20th minute..took time out yesterday. I'm much better today..no stopping!

Be careful when you do the abs moves, it is very easy to do them incorrectly and end up with sore neck and whatnot. No injuries please.

And well done everyone............I am so proud of us all.
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Day 9 done& dusted ..

This was a picture I took before I started .. I had set up ,iPad in position but I was just looking like lucozade cos I was soo tired and having some cramps in my knees(still putting in some miles brisk walking to work ) . I just remembered naijababe and kimoni and I stood up grin

2 Likes

Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
naijababe:

Be careful when you do the abs moves, it is very easy to do them incorrectly and end up with sore neck and whatnot. No injuries please.

And well done everyone............I am so proud of us all.

Thanks sis. I will be more careful.
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiso:
Day 9 done& dusted ..

This was a picture I took before I started .. I had set up ,iPad in position but I was just looking like lucozade cos I was soo tired and having some cramps in my knees(still putting in some miles brisk walking to work ) . I just remembered naijababe and kimoni and I stood up grin

grin grin Sowwyy

Ahhh your dumbbells have arrived? Are they 2kg each? Welludone ooo
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiso:
Day 9 done& dusted ..

You dey carry kettlebells and weights together ? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fitness 101 by bukatyne(f): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Yeah!

Day 1 completed minus the press ups!

Chai! did 300g cans instead of 500g...

After a while, knew khaki no bi leather.

Dedicated to Chillisauce kiss

Cc: cococandy, kimoni, naijababe, damiso, zemaye and others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Reaction Of Alabukun And Lime.. / Man Mopping The Atlantic Ocean In Lagos (Video) / Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.