Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Fitness 101 - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fitness 101 (50157 Views)

GLAUCOMA 101 - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS / 101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / Fitness Without Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
queen47:

Chai nne eh, your twin is gradually slacking oh....the quest for money is getting in the way. I ran once this week and did that JM youtube exercise Chilli or someone posted. Ah....i ached for days after that youtube exercise

I am picking up again this week.

How are you? How is your exercise coming up?

My dear, I'm fine jor. Thanks for asking. smiley

Don't slack oh! It's not allowed. I'm still struggling to hit that 60's mark. angry

Remember how I used to make mouth about climbing up and down all the way to the 5th floor at work? Now I've changed offices, I won't dare it. Not with me being on the 20th floor now. grin grin grin

The only stair climbing I get to do now when out and about is at the underground tube stations - Damiso style tongue tongue

I still do the morning exercises though, but not half as much as I used to. I wake up an hour early and just about squeeze in 30mins sit-ups / lower abs workout + 30 mins running. Can you imagine, a whole me doing just 30mins instead of my 2hrs run?

God dey sha cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by queen47: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:

My dear, I'm fine jor. Thanks for asking. smiley

Don't slack oh! It's not allowed. I'm still struggling to hit that 60's mark. angry

Remember how I used to make mouth about climbing up and down all the way to the 5th floor at work? Now I've changed offices, I won't dare it. Not with me being on the 20th floor now. grin grin grin

The only stair climbing I get to do now when out and about is at the underground tube stations - Damiso style tongue tongue

I still do the morning exercises though, but not half as much as I used to. I wake up an hour early and just about squeeze in 30mins sit-ups / lower abs workout + 30 mins running. Can you imagine, a whole me doing just 30mins instead of my 2hrs run?

God dey sha cheesy

Thanks for the motivation. You know if not for your mention, i wouldn't have known this thread existed. I have just gone through a couple of pages and realized that the pain/ache i experienced following that video work out was not peculiar to me. In fact, i nearly thought i probably had a problem with my knees because i could hardly bend them especially at those stages that looked like squats.

Anyway, i am just gonna head to the gym now to run for 30 minutes or so....as the spirit leads.

Biko carry me along in this journey, i am still stuck at 65kg.

Off to the gym now, larra.

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY, I am going to check out that Azonto exercise o. I absolutely love dancing, if I lived in naija, I would be a permanent member of kaffy's studio
Re: Fitness 101 by Chillis: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
zemaye:

Chillis you be last born, your mouth sharp like their own cheesy tongue
Naijababe Weda anybody believe you or not me I 'beleaf' you keep going dear your are doing great
how's the going?

To all, I hope this lifestyle change is permanent and not once you attain your target you give up.
The harder work comes with staying at your target.

So try and make this lifestyle change as fun as you could get.
you will also need the inner drive to succeed.
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
naijababe:
EfemenaXY, I am going to check out that Azonto exercise o. I absolutely love dancing, if I lived in naija, I would be a permanent member of kaffy's studio

Lol!

It's a good one, trust me. But make sure your knees are prepared for the bit where she shouts, "Down!" grin grin grin
Re: Fitness 101 by edwife(f): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

It's a good one, trust me. But make sure your knees are prepared for the bit where she shouts, "Down!" grin grin grin

Dear i didn't know that fellow was a guy grin,i was just so pissed at the whole thing and the trash that was coming out of her mouth.

Howdy babes? kiss
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
edwife:

Dear i didn't know that fellow was a guy grin,i was just so pissed at the whole thing and the trash that was coming out of her mouth.

Howdy babes? kiss

Haaaa!

How can you not know that nairaland's legendary "naughty" writer is male? Take a look at some of his threads. MaziOmenuko single handedly nearly brought Nairaland to her knees with his writing. He kept us captive for WEEKS! With his thread trending like kilodey, even though it was too explicit to make front page, but the guy held that no. 1 spot effortlessly. kiss kiss

Biko, nor dey fight ma brother, I take gawd beg you, sis. cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by edwife(f): 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Haaaa!

How can you not know that nairaland's legendary "naughty" writer is male? Take a look at some of his threads. MaziOmenuko single handedly nearly brought Nairaland to her knees with his writing. He kept us captive for WEEKS! With his thread trending like kilodey, even though it was too explicit to make front page, but the guy held that no. 1 spot effortlessly. kiss kiss

Lol,i didn't bother to check his profile,you know me i don't fight cheesy.I was just trying to make him understand the situation,didn't you see he replied everyone rudely except me?He knows i was polite and was only trying to reason with him. grin grin
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
queen47:

Thanks for the motivation. You know if not for your mention, i wouldn't have known this thread existed. I have just gone through a couple of pages and realized that the pain/ache i experienced following that video work out was not peculiar to me. In fact, i nearly thought i probably had a problem with my knees because i could hardly bend them especially at those stages that looked like squats.

Anyway, i am just gonna head to the gym now to run for 30 minutes or so....as the spirit leads.

Biko carry me along in this journey, i am still stuck at 65kg.

Off to the gym now, larra.

Carry you ke?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Your own even better sef. 65Kg. Me nko?

This thing nor gree shift. Amma start to feel desperate like this sister now sef... angry angry sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SqrtXmDDaM
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
edwife:

Lol,i didn't bother to check his profile,you know me i don't fight cheesy.I was just trying to make him understand the situation,didn't you see he replied everyone rudely except me?He knows i was polite and was only trying to reason with him. grin grin

Yeah, I know you don't like wahala.

How've you been sha? Been a while. cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by edwife(f): 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Yeah, I know you don't like wahala.

How've you been sha? Been a while. cheesy

I have been great dear,you?Yea been a while,you and chilli are making use of the holidays.I am waiting for December,i am just relaxing.
Re: Fitness 101 by MaziOmenuko: 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Auntyyyyyyy Efeeeee!!!!!!!!! Holy mary mother of gawd! Where have you been? Missed ya, a lot!

Lol@edwife, got me cracking my ribs with the she mention.
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
Day 14 done...

skipped it yesterday and didn't plan on doing it today too but I was feeling very heavy and uncomfortable I had to run to JM.

After Day 20, we'll see how it goes....I don't wish to be a JM addict sad
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Auntyyyyyyy Efeeeee!!!!!!!!! Holy mary mother of gawd! Where have you been? Missed ya, a lot!

Lol@edwife, got me cracking my ribs with the she mention.

Lol! I know, that was funny. cheesy cheesy

Yeah, moi's missed you too. You still into writing? Not checked your blog in ages though. smiley
Re: Fitness 101 by MaziOmenuko: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! I know, that was funny. cheesy cheesy

Yeah, moi's missed you too. You still into writing? Not checked your blog in ages though. smiley

Yea, but mostly on orders (for scriptwriters and film makers).

Hope you're doing good.
Re: Fitness 101 by cococandy(f): 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
I've watched this video over and over again and I still can't stop laughing whenever I see it again.
EfemenaXY:

Carry you ke?

This thing nor gree shift. Amma start to feel desperate like this sister now sef... angry angry sad

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Yea, but mostly on orders (for scriptwriters and film makers).

Hope you're doing good.

Now that's some really cool stuff.

I hope to read some of your works sometime soon. cheesy

Yeah, I'm doing really well. Couldn't be better - thanks! smiley smiley
Re: Fitness 101 by queen47: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
[url][/url][img][/img]
EfemenaXY:

Carry you ke?

Hahaha....nne i no fit laugh especially at the point where she said spiritual liposuction to all areas necessary
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2015
Day 10 done
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin

I can just picture my husband saying the same thing.

Damiso, but all these things you want to buy, diarris God oo
g

grin grin but I need them na .. That's one less excuse cos if I wash my only sport bra I won't have an excuse not to exercise . Same with gym clothes if I don't have the appropriate gear I won't be motivated tongue

But he has a point though we keep getting deliveries everyday grin I ordered another set of 2.5 kg dumbells, arm band for my phone (tracker apps) so i don't have to have a bag while out running and a few other bits grin

Next is my garmin vivo smart activity tracker grin all those apps on BOTH my phones can give conflicting stats ehn. angry I curently use three and they always always give me different stats on distance,calorie burn and steps taken angry though I always mentally deduct about 300 calories from the stats so I don't go and over indulge on the food end .
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2015
Chillis:

how's the going?

To all, I hope this lifestyle change is permanent and not once you attain your target you give up.
The harder work comes with staying at your target.

So try and make this lifestyle change as fun as you could get.
you will also need the inner drive to succeed.

Very well said
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Efe will also be trying those dance workout routines. I love dancing too.

Will be back to JM today/or tomorrow morning pain almost completely gone.

One elder Aunty in church yesterday called me aside and asked if I was ok grin I said why ma?she said my face was looking longer and my neck bones were potruding . I said yes ma I am trying to lose weight ma ,she said haa stop its enough I am not used to seeing you like this I said don't worry ma you will get used to it. grin she looked really worried and I was just laughing.

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
The corporate environment has to be the worst place to be if you are trying to maintain a healthy life style sad sad sad sad

Dancing tonight, my left shoulder still a bit sore. Kimoni has caught up with me grin grin grin grin nice one and take it easy o. Maybe you will be the first to do level 2 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin embarassed angry grin

With all their alakoba team Krispy Cremes, lunch meeting,pizzas to 'compensate' for working through Lunch etc etc

Speaking of which i have two this week one on Wednesday and on Thursday. The upside is 'extended lunches/meetings are code words for doing nothing that afternoon and also getting to go home early.
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
naijababe:
The coporate environment has to be the worst place to be if you are trying to maintain a healthy life style sad sad sad sad

Dancing tonigh, my left shoulder still a bit sore. Kimoni has caught up with me grin grin grin grin nice one and take it easy o. Maybe you will be the first to do level 2 cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin I am surely taking a long break after Day 20

amma watch you all from the sidelines in level 2
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
damiso:
grin embarassed angry grin

With all their alakoba team Krispy Cremes, lunch meeting,pizzas to 'compensate' for working through Lunch etc etc

Speaking of which i have two this week one on Wednesday and on Thursday. The upside is 'extended lunches/meetings are code words for doing nothing that afternoon and also getting to go home early.

It is worse than that in my office. If I didn't know better, I'd say this set of Oyibos are Nigerians. They go on holiday, they bring goodies, it is someone's birthday, they bring goodies, we already have team Friday cake, bacon roll mornings and not to mention, bake sales for charity angry not to mention the ones who will tell you that they made something over the weekend and made too much angry angry angry angry

One member of my team says he starts retirement on Wednesday and he's brought in a horde of chocolates angry angry angry angry angry Dem dey truly vex me proper. I am turning to anti-social NB as I never go to cake Friday or bacon roll morning.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin I am surely taking a long break after Day 20

amma watch you all from the sidelines in level 2

Ahnaha...............don't do that nau
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
naijababe:

Ahnaha...............don't do that nau

You wan make i disappear ni? make my husband no see any flesh touch for my body again baa

Naijababe, why do you hate me so much cry cry
Re: Fitness 101 by Chillis: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
naijababe:

It is worse than that in my office. If I didn't know better, I'd say this set of Oyibos are Nigerians. They go on holiday, they bring goodies, it is someone's birthday, they bring goodies, we already have team Friday cake, bacon roll mornings and not to mention, bake sales for charity angry not to mention the ones who will tell you that they made something over the weekend and made too much angry angry angry angry

One member of my team says he starts retirement on Wednesday and he's brought in a horde of chocolates angry angry angry angry angry Dem dey truly vex me proper. I am turning to anti-social NB as I never go to cake Friday or bacon roll morning.
My dear, participate with them. What you have to do is, if you know of any social gathering before hand, eat and drink some healthy stuff like fruits or vegetable before you go so when you grab a cake or bacon it will take you ages to finish while chatting and having fun.

On social gathering I don't go rejecting food.
I pick from the healthiest ones and by then I had already eaten some banana or avocado bellyfull cheesy

Always remember to eat healthy before you step out to that owambe with shiken and chips .
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Chillis:

My dear, participate with them. What you have to do is, if you know of any social gathering before hand, eat and drink some healthy stuff like fruits or vegetable before you go so when you grab a cake or bacon it will take you ages to finish while chatting and having fun.

On social gathering I don't go rejecting food.
I pick from the healthiest ones and by then I had already eaten some banana or avocado bellyfull cheesy

Always remember to eat healthy before you step out to that owambe with shiken and chips .

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Kimoni:

undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin Chilli dey find your trouble abi?

Thank you Chilli, I will do that henceforth

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Garden Egg. / Scissors Found In Nigeria Pilgrim's Belly In Saudi Arabia (photo) / Dr Satmak Gideon Found Dead In Neighbour's House In Jos Six Weeks After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.