Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Fitness 101 - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fitness 101 (50181 Views)

GLAUCOMA 101 - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS / 101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / Fitness Without Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
Day 8 done
Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2015
naijababe:

In fact I had to do Anita's for the second set. My upper body strength must be completely 'pish' lipsrsealed
Did day 9 around 10:30pm last night and I was so refreshed that I could not sleep until about 4hours later. Oh my, I dare not try dt again cos I feel sleep deprived psychologically but still feeling energetic.
For the press ups, always do Anita's o. I couldn't do more dn two of Nat's,those babes are mega strong.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Ppmoma:

Did day 9 around 10:30pm last night and I was so refreshed that I could not sleep until about 4hours later. Oh my, I dare not try dt again cos I feel sleep deprived psychologically but still feeling energetic.
For the press ups, always do Anita's o. I couldn't do more dn two of Nat's,those babes are mega strong.

Day 15 for me, I have to increase my weights as they feel like I am not holding anything now.

Edwife, you are right, I am upping my weights to 2.5kg shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Fitness 101 by bukatyne(f): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2015
Day 3 done grin

Had to do it before work cheesy

Weldone girls smiley
Re: Fitness 101 by edwife(f): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
naijababe:

Day 15 for me, I have to increase my weights as they feel like I am not holding anything now.

Edwife, you are right, I am upping my weights to 2.5kg shocked lipsrsealed

cheesy Told you,the more you use it,the more it becomes easy.
But it will become a little bit hurtful especially on the muscles,do not put pressure on them to avoid injury.

Well done! cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
edwife:

cheesy Told you,the more you use it,the more it becomes easy.
But it will become a little bit hurtful especially on the muscles,do not put pressure on them to avoid injury.

Well done! cheesy

That is why I am only increasing by 0.5 kg grin
Re: Fitness 101 by edwife(f): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
naijababe:

That is why I am only increasing by 0.5 kg grin

Yea,that's how you do it.

I started with weight last year,as you can see it wasn't all of a sudden.

After attaining the size i wanted,i moved on to build muscles.

Though 20 kg is a bit challenging to me,but i am taking it slow.15 kg is child's play,i used to carry my daughter on my shoulders and do squats.... grin grin don't worry,she enjoyed it...
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Kimoni:

Day 11 done. Was going to say the same thing about press-ups grin

Day 12 done
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chillis:

It not by shouting day 10 dusted.
show us the weight too by snapping photo on the scale.
who knows, maybe you dey do only 4mins before and end of video tongue grin

Pls we need evidence and sweat too.
Chillis you be last born, your mouth sharp like their own cheesy tongue
Naijababe Weda anybody believe you or not me I 'beleaf' you keep going dear your are doing great
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Damiso kpele take care of you and chill small make you heal well kiss
At all wink keep going you are making me jealous, but Amma join you all soonest.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chillis:

It not by shouting day 10 dusted.
show us the weight too by snapping photo on the scale.
who knows, maybe you dey do only 4mins before and end of video tongue grin

Pls we need evidence and sweat too.

We don suffer finish! Hian!!!

Zemaye, thank you jare kiss
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
Kimoni:

Day 12 done

Day 13 gone

Anita's press ups remain a walk in the park, but as much as I want to try the main thing, I give up after 2-3 rounds sad sad

Not sure I will ever complete it except I focus solely on strengths
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
hello everyone ..rested my foot on wed and thur but still managed to get in some exercise/

Did longer stretches and also modified some of the strength training lying down.

It was swollen and very painful on Wednesday esp but today I can only feel pain when I apply considerable pressure on it.

Will attempt to continue JM tomorrow( now I have lost count of what I am on sef)
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2015
zemaye:
Damiso kpele take care of you and chill small make you heal well kiss
At all wink keep going you are making me jealous, but Amma join you all soonest.

thank you
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2015
Just looked on the thread,tomorrow will be day 15.will see if I can push it if not will do modified versions
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2015
damiso:
hello everyone ..rested my foot on wed and thur but still managed to get in some exercise/

Did longer stretches and also modified some of the strength training lying down.

It was swollen and very painful on Wednesday esp but today I can only feel pain when I apply considerable pressure on it.

Will attempt to continue JM tomorrow( now I have lost count of what I am on sef)

Don't do it damiso, wait for all the pain to go. Better yet, get an all clear from your GP first.

I dey vex, meant to start holidays today only for my son to get chicken pox..... angry
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 11:29am On Jul 17, 2015
naijababe:

Don't do it damiso, wait for all the pain to go. Better yet, get an all clear from your GP first.

I dey vex, meant to start holidays today only for my son to get chicken pox..... angry

awwwww... poor baby. Kisses to him. Has your daughter had it? I hear its better all the kids have it at once

Chicken pox dey fear me seriously cos according to my mum have I never had it.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2015
damiso:

awwwww... poor baby. Kisses to him. Has your daughter had it? I hear its better all the kids have it at once

Chicken pox dey fear me seriously cos according to my mum have I never had it.

We have to keep him indoors, my daughter has not had it. We were meant to ship out this morning, I saw the pox last night and knew I had to take him to the gp to confirm. So no holidays until it clears, I hope my daughter doesn't get after him aha.
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
naijababe:

We have to keep him indoors, my daughter has not had it. We were meant to ship out this morning, I saw the pox last night and knew I had to take him to the gp to confirm. So no holidays until it clears, I hope my daughter doesn't get after him aha.

awwww hope you are able to reschedule the holidays.

amen to that..you don't want to spend all summer indoors
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
damiso:

awwww hope you are able to reschedule the holidays.

amen to that..you don't want to spend all summer indoors

Just called my boss to cancel my holidays o. I no waste my holidays like that nau
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
Day 16 today, some niggles in my left shoulder. I hope I have not pulled something that will keep me out for long. I am going to have run tomorrow and JM a miss angry
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello,

interesting thread here. Well, I need help. I wanna know where I can get whey protein n other supplement in Lagos.
I av been to shoprite/medplus but didn't get exactly what I want.

Please kindly share some places you know or other ways u get ur supplements...

many thanks.
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2015
proponent2015:
Hello,

interesting thread here. Well, I need help. I wanna know where I can get whey protein n other supplement in Lagos.
I av been to shoprite/medplus but didn't get exactly what I want.

Please kindly share some places you know or other ways u get ur supplements...

many thanks.
Try Amazon, you can apparently get stuff shipped to Lagos now.
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Taken naijababe advice and did not continue JM but had to absolutely go for a jog/run this morning ( I had two slices of dominos pizza yesterday embarassed), did 8.27 km and will do some other light exercises before going to bed

Got delivery of some new workout gear today .. My husband was shaking his head grin he said so 'working out is another excuse for shopping ' > I don't know whats his own angry needed extra sport bras(as I had just one), running socks,new workout clothes as well.

I have two running/gym shoes but my friend said I need to go get my feet tested to get the proper one for my feet.
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 8:39am On Jul 19, 2015
Day 9 done, almost gave up, but thank God am back up.
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 9:41am On Jul 19, 2015
Na wa oh! You ladies really mean business here. I've been stuck in limbo and not exercising much these days...recently changed jobs and still trying to find my feet, so exercising has been taken down a notch...so tired too! Combining work, busy-busy family life, etc + exercising...not even been to the gym in ages sef sad embarassed

Anyway, I just climbed the scale, Chillisauce style, expecting to see 75+ kg...maybe 80kg sef...but thankfully, na 71.8kg even though I cheated last night with my kids' left-over KFC and more(Confession time) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Okay.Moaning over. Lemme hit the mat and do some sit-ups and lower abs workout, '80's style. Will report back to class when I'm done exercising.

Morning ladies! kiss
Re: Fitness 101 by tollu: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2015
Hello #FitFam Nairaland Edition.

damiso:
Taken naijababe advice and did not continue JM but had to absolutely go for a jog/run this morning ( I had two slices of dominos pizza yesterday embarassed), did 8.27 km and will do some other light exercises before going to bed

Good decision Damiso, injuries are no fun. Just keep going easy and massage when you can. Pele . I injured myself years back playing tennis and it still niggles once in a green moon.

Pizzas are of the devil. Got all the control in the world when it comes to candy, sodas and even rice (the former devil) but pizzas just get me weak in the legs and brain. 2 slices ke? Gotta be the whole box o.
So I no longer tempt fate and avoid it TOTALLY. I know after this time out though, I'll have it in check because I conquered the same mountain with Haribos, now they don't even appeal to me anymore.

Thanks for creating this thread Naijababe and creating the image about 4g of sugar being equal to a cube.
Still a total wimp when it comes to workouts, it's Leslie Sansone all the way.
I love cut arms and "muscley" bodies but that Jillian is one class A alakoba. Lemme keep her for now. 1st October is my start up date for "serious" Strength Training, I want me some tight buns and pecs and the stuff I do now is not the way forward.
I got a wake up call to start eating healthy and exercise not because my favorite jeans wouldn't button anymore but cos of high blood pressure. I'm too young for that shii, thankfully it has dropped gaan just a few more mmHg to go and I'm in the clear.

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Okay, exercises done a couple of hours ago.

Like I've always said, this Jillain M's stuff isn't my forte...

~ 20 mins sit-ups / side sit-ups done

~ 10 mins targeted lower abs workout completed, thanks to Cassey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7u_sdYNS_k

~ Scola Dondo's intensive dance workout videos. Did these three in a row including all of her high intensive pre-workout exercises: smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgtXttnmQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vMRkWrzLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zG-5tv0PAU

I did find a new one of hers - BigBooty workout - but didn't get to do it. Maybe later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-VXtkCrXk

No running done today though. Was already hot by 8:00a.m to it's gonna be tomorrow morning.

Now where is my Nairaland exercising twin, Queen47? sad
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
damiso:

Got delivery of some new workout gear today .. My husband was shaking his head grin he said so 'working out is another excuse for shopping ' > I don't know whats his own angry needed extra sport bras(as I had just one), running socks,new workout clothes as well.

I have two running/gym shoes but my friend said I need to go get my feet tested to get the proper one for my feet.

grin grin grin

I can just picture my husband saying the same thing.

Damiso, but all these things you want to buy, diarris God oo
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Na wa oh! You ladies really mean business here. I've been stuck in limbo and not exercising much these days...recently changed jobs and still trying to find my feet, so exercising has been taken down a notch...so tired too! Combining work, busy-busy family life, etc + exercising...not even been to the gym in ages sef sad embarassed

Anyway, I just climbed the scale, Chillisauce style, expecting to see 75+ kg...maybe 80kg sef...but thankfully, na 71.8kg even though I cheated last night with my kids' left-over KFC and more(Confession time) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Okay.Moaning over. Lemme hit the mat and do some sit-ups and lower abs workout, '80's style. Will report back to class when I'm done exercising.

Morning ladies! kiss

grin grin grin it's allowed jor
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin it's allowed jor

cheesy cheesy

I always feel terrible, the morning after the night I've cheated.

My one-night stands with junk eh? That's why the lime 'n lemon juicing in the morning is soooooooo important. Kinda washes away my 'sins' if you get what I mean. smiley

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by queen47: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Okay, exercises done a couple of hours ago.

Like I've always said, this Jillain M's stuff isn't my forte...

~ 20 mins sit-ups / side sit-ups done

~ 10 mins targeted lower abs workout completed, thanks to Cassey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7u_sdYNS_k

~ Scola Dondo's intensive dance workout videos. Did these three in a row without including her high intensive pre-workout exercises: smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgtXttnmQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vMRkWrzLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zG-5tv0PAU

I did find a new one of hers - BigBooty workout - but didn't get to do it. Maybe later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-VXtkCrXk

No running done today though. Was already hot by 8:00a.m to it's gonna be tomorrow morning.

Now where is my Nairaland exercising twin, Queen47? sad

Chai nne eh, your twin is gradually slacking oh....the quest for money is getting in the way. I ran once this week and did that JM youtube exercise Chilli or someone posted. Ah....i ached for days after that youtube exercise

I am picking up again this week.

How are you? How is your exercise coming up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

148 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2950. 481 discharged. 98 Deaths / Coronavirus: India Lifts Ban On Chloroquine Export After Trump's Threat / This Snake Just Bit My Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.