Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News (31201 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Amina Mohammed Visits Giniwa Of Ogoniland / Photo Of Amaechi At The Launch Of Ogoniland Clean-Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
humblelyf:
reason well sir. Hw many northern president build school almajiris?

In case you don't know, those schools contributed to Jonathan's loss in the North. It was a pure insult.

Imagine if all PMB does for the SE is build rehabilitation centers for Ibo girls whose wombs have been destroyed by baby factories, or mental care homes for those grandmother rapists in the SE... And then he makes it a campaign point angry

That dude was beyond clueless.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Spybradd: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
LastProphet:

Am sure you think you just made a statement, I know how old you are to make this kind of poo and you are lucky Seun hasnt figured out how to chase teenagers and jambites from his site

white garmented psycho

grin
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by damosthottest: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
akinzeb:
In keeping with his avowed commitment to working for the development and well-being of all Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday in Abuja approved several actions to fast-track the long delayed implementation of the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) Report on the environmental restoration of Ogoniland.

The actions approved by President Buhari, based on recommendations to him by the Executive Director of UNEP, the UNEP Special Representative for Ogoniland, Permanent Secretaries of the Federal Ministries of Environment and Petroleum Resources, and other stakeholders, include the amendment of the Official Gazette establishing the Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP) to reflect a new governance framework comprising a Governing Council, a Board of Trustees and Project Management.

The President further approved that the HYPREP Governing Council should be composed as follows:

Ministry of Petroleum Resources – One Representative
Federal Ministry of Environment – One Representative
Impacted States (Rivers) – One Representative
Oil Companies & NNPC – 4 Representatives
Ogoniland – 2 Representatives
United Nations System – One Representative
Secretariat – Headed by Project Manager

He also approved the composition of a Board of Trustees for the HYPREP Trust Fund as follows:

Federal Government – One Representative
NNPC – One Representative
International Oil Companies – One Representative
Ogoniland – One Representative

Following a meeting held on the directive of President Buhari, it was also agreed that a contribution deposit of 10 million United States dollars will be made by stakeholders within 30 days of the appointment of members of the Board of Trustees for the Trust Fund who will be responsible for collecting and managing funds from contributors and donors.

A new implementation template has also been evolved at the instance of President Buhari, and the environmental clean-up of Ogoniland will commence in earnest with the President’s inauguration of the HYPREP Governing Council and the Board of Trustees for the Trust Fund.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/05/buhari-orders-fast-track-environmental-clean-up-of-ogoniland/

BEFORE NKO? NO BE THEM AND THE BRITISH MESSED THAT PLACE UP?....... AFTER KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE IN OGONI AND TOOK WHAT BELONGED TO THEM BY FORCE, THE ONLY THING THEY CAN DO IS TO DO ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANING.

HOPE THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO DO SOME RITUALS TO APPEASE THE PEOPLE THEY KILLED, IT'S LIKE THEIR SPIRITS ARE HAUNTING THEM.

AFTER THE CLEANING THEY SHOULD ALSO GIVE THEM BACK THEIR RESOURCES.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by hotwax: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
proxillin:

LOL u no serious. NatGeo wild is for animals?

You should call discovery channel.

Wait a minute...are u thinking what I am thinking?

[size=15pt]Abeg face front. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

NatGeo wild no dey air documentary on endangered animals.

I saw the one for Gorrila there...Its somehow similar to their own [/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by discusant: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Spybradd:

who send you? u are cleaning up the pollutoin from the exploitation but the dividends are far away infrastructured in the north...parasite indeed

Lol. Only a few Nigerdeltans can be moved by this story of Ogoni clean-up. About 65% of proceeds from oil and gas goes to north of Nigeria through allocations to states and local government councils. The number of local government councils proliferated in only three northern states may be coming close to the number of local government councils in the whole of nine or ten states in NIGERDELTA region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Spybradd: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

Cry me a river.

abokii èwën..go and clear and clean up ur bh brethren from sambisa..

grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Spybradd: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
discusant:

Lol. Only a few Nigerdeltans can be moved by this story of Ogoni clean-up. 70% of proceeds from oil and gas goes to north of Nigeria through allocations to states and local government councils. The number of local government councils proliferated in only three northern states may be coming close to the number of local government councils in the whole of nine or ten states in NIGERDELTA region.

they can deceive only the gullible,the day is coming....
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by totit: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
hotwax:
[size=15pt]What is Biafra?

Oxford Dictionary:

Pronunciation: Bee'Bleep'fra

A word ignorantly used by a certain deluded and mentally imbalanced Tribe in Southern Region of Nigeria.

American English Society Dictionary:
Pronunciation: Bee'hell'fra

An Imaginary non-existence geographical location always referenced by a tribe in Nigeria when they are intoxicated by a strong Opium.

Chinese:
Pronunciation: Che'chel'frog

A tribe who shout "You kill my father!", "I will kill you back"

Russian Henski Word Translation:
Pronunciation: Oshi'fra

An unrealistic dream

European Union Words council
Pronunciation: Oshi'fra

A coffin for a tribe in the southern Part of Nigeria

Oya na moderator do the needful
front page..sorry ban me and let me create multiple emails and register again. Oya free shot[/size]

I swear you are wicked

Hehehehehehe

grin grin grin

This got me rolling on the floor abeg

Loollzzz

Ha han waaat taa pennn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by hotwax: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
[size=16pt]Dear Mod,

Still waiting for you to ban me.

You always ban me. whats stopping you?

Ready to replace your link with Lindakeji on my browser for ever.

Oya ban me. A public forum where u cant express your views[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by discusant: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
akinzeb:
In keeping with his avowed commitment to working for the development and well-being of all Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday in Abuja approved several actions to fast-track the long delayed implementation of the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) Report on the environmental restoration of Ogoniland.

The actions approved by President Buhari, based on recommendations to him by the Executive Director of UNEP, the UNEP Special Representative for Ogoniland, Permanent Secretaries of the Federal Ministries of Environment and Petroleum Resources, and other stakeholders, include the amendment of the Official Gazette establishing the Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP) to reflect a new governance framework comprising a Governing Council, a Board of Trustees and Project Management.

The President further approved that the HYPREP Governing Council should be composed as follows:

Ministry of Petroleum Resources – One Representative
Federal Ministry of Environment – One Representative
Impacted States (Rivers) – One Representative
Oil Companies & NNPC – 4 Representatives
Ogoniland – 2 Representatives
Secretariat – Headed by Project Manager

He also approved the composition of a Board of Trustees for the HYPREP Trust Fund as follows:

Federal Government – One Representative
NNPC – One Representative
International Oil Companies – One Representative
Ogoniland – One Representative

Following a meeting held on the directive of President Buhari, it was also agreed that a contribution deposit of 10 million United States dollars will be made by stakeholders within 30 days of the appointment of members of the Board of Trustees for the Trust Fund who will be responsible for collecting and managing funds from contributors and donors.

A new implementation template has also been evolved at the instance of President Buhari, and the environmental clean-up of Ogoniland will commence in earnest with the President’s inauguration of the HYPREP Governing Council and the Board of Trustees for the Trust Fund.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/05/buhari-orders-fast-track-environmental-clean-up-of-ogoniland/

Does Buhari want to first atone for his sins over the hanging of the Ogoni 8 and Saro Wiwa?
Buhari was a key decision maker in Abacha regime.
Buhari cannot deny that he did not give Abacha a tacit approval for the hanging of Ken Saro Wiwa and the other Ogoni 8.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by kunleeko(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
totit:

This is cruel nahh

grin grin

Brozz easy on them abegg

Eeewchhh
nor mind me jare... I just wish their hate energy would rather be invested in wishing this man success. Sometimes I wonder if they would rather he failed than him perform creditably well for all of us for them to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
discusant:

Lol. Only a few Nigerdeltans can be moved by this story of Ogoni clean-up. About 65% of proceeds from oil and gas goes to north of Nigeria through allocations to states and local government councils. The number of local government councils proliferated in only three northern states may be coming close to the number of local government councils in the whole of nine or ten states in NIGERDELTA region.

Yes. While we shall always commend Grandpa whenever he doesn't fine, we're not ignorant of the fact we have a bigger picture before us. There's NO way this current system should be allowed to continue my further.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Spybradd: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

In case you don't know, those schools contributed to Jonathan's loss in the North. It was a pure insult.

Imagine if all PMB does for the SE is build rehabilitation centers for Ibo girls whose wombs have been destroyed by baby factories, or mental care homes for those grandmother rapists in the SE... And then he makes it a campaign point angry

is it the federal govt responsibility to build primary schools in states? you northerners are ingrates and evil...you bunch are wicked..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Beremx(f): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
discusant:

Your Fulani brother president knows that if he does not first make attention policies toward the NIGERDELTA, his presidency may end up in brawls. Let no body be fooled with talk of Ogoni clean-up. Na today?
So you think you just made sense? You shouldn't have bothered quoting me.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Spybradd:

is it the federal govt responsibility to build primary schools in states? you northerners are ingrates and evil...you bunch are wicked..

Yes. They're ungrateful and parasitic. They contribute almost NOTHING to the system while they wickedly created leaches in numerous local government areas to loot and drain us. And that's why they keep working hard to ensure the SS and SE doesn't fully unite and end this miserable parasitism.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Spybradd:

is it the federal govt responsibility to build primary schools in states? [s]you northerners are ingrates and evil...you bunch are wicked..[/s]

Go and ask Mr. Clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Spybradd: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
kunleeko:
Wait... Am I the only one noticing this? Tanoids would keep quiet and recede to a state of oblivion when cheering news comes from the FG. They would keep mum like some burial ground demons and once something not so cheering comes they begin to wail and cry like paid mourners at the venue of a burial ceremony. Shiooor! PMB is even faster than 100 GEJS and guess what, the energy this man is using, at his age! Hmmmm

o ye chimpanzee,upgrade yur brain nau...
grin grin
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by humblelyf(m): 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

maybe if GEJ had built more of deliverance churches in d west to cast out d demons in those yoloba ritualists it could'nt ve been clueless abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Spybradd: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

Go and ask Mr. Clueless.

serius abokki
grin
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by neocortex: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Another noise from Buhari.
He keeps giving orders with no action to back it up.

Call me when ANY action has been taken.

Buhari is a noise maker -Fayose
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by humblelyf(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
seunmsg:

So because GEJ built a handful of Almajiri schools, he should not have implemented the UNEP report to clean up ogoniland abi?
handfull maybe but he practically gave those children future and hope that their fathers who have been ruling Nigeria since independent couldnt give dem.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
FG takes $2.1bn World Bank loan to rebuild the North East, $10m capital to clean up Ogoni land contributed by oil companies plus FG and you want Niger Delta to jubilate.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by seunmsg(m): 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
humblelyf:
handfull maybe but he practically gave those children future and hope that their fathers who have been ruling Nigeria since independent couldnt give dem.

Not enough excuse to have refused to implement a UN sanctioned report that would have cleaned up Ogoniland.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Spybradd:

serius abokki

grin

Lol.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by humblelyf(m): 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
seunmsg:

Not enough excuse to have refused to implement a UN sanctioned report that would have cleaned up Ogoniland.
i aint making excuses for nobody papi, just setting d record straight.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
humblelyf:
maybe if GEJ had built more of deliverance churches in d west to cast out d demons in those yoloba ritualists it could'nt ve been clueless abi?

What's your point?
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by sapientia(m): 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
This is certainly a good one..

Buhari clear all my doubts

Continue this way
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Yes. They're ungrateful and parasitic. They contribute almost NOTHING to the system while they wickedly created leaches in numerous local government areas to loot and drain us. And that's why they keep working hard to ensure the SS and SE doesn't fully unite and end this miserable parasitism.

Dearpreye what do YOU contribute to the system? Address me directly and stop acting like a sissy.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

Dearpreye what do YOU contribute to the system? Address me directly and stop acting like a sissy.

You know what I contribute.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by loyeh02(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
Baba is working

Haters are Hating

Wailers are wailing

But, I am watching angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
dearpreye:

You know what I contribute.

You must be mistaken, I don't know you offline.
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Fulanimafia, please forget those folllllls.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode / NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Meets Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.