Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families (23772 Views)

This Is A Real Destroyer Of Families...are You Guilty Of This Act Of Infidelity? / 2 Pairs Of Identical Twins In Anambra Turn Heads (Photos) / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
Op, I think it's the lesser percentage of men because where I come from (Anambra), most of the men will prefer their wives to stay at home and raise their kids while they take care of the finance but due to the economic situation,they need support so,some of them have allowed their wives to work and do business. This is simply their way of pampering their wives and not let her begin to see herself as the head of the family.
Naturally,women are go getters that is why they can take up the so called 'odd jobs' and due to the gender bias,they tend to put in their best when trying to do or get something done just to prove the men wrong.

It's easier for women to get job these days than men and I don't know why the preference for women. Even in the networking business,you find out the ladies are doing very well because people listen to them than they do to men. That doesn't mean the men in that line of business are not doing their best to get to the top of the ladder too.
Thou, there is a higher percentage of hard working women these days than men. And forget the blabbing of some of these men,they pray silently day and night to marry hardworking successful women even those who earn more than them.

2 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by TooNoisy(f): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
So if women are more hardworking than men and they are mostly breadwinners, then haven't we achieved equality? Is there still a need to fight for equality? It means women are being given at least the same chances as men and the less successful women should blame themselves!

We can't with one mouth say the world is unfair to the girl child but with the same mouth say women are the breadwinners!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Somatic(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
When a man enters into a partnership with income sharing on his mind, how won't he relinquish the portion of the headship commensurate with the burden he expects his half to share?

5 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Truckpusher(m): 11:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
standd:

@bolded...pls take time out to study men who whine about women online, you will never find a 'Seun', 'Psquare' or even a 'ymodulus' cheesy among them. These boys still depend mostly on their parents too, but online, you had think they have anything to offer anyone, when they can't even take care of themselves.
Funny thing is majority of them have little or nothing to offer (in all aspects) hence spend all their time searching for hungry girls like them to date. All they do is date, complain, whine, nothing else.
There is no difference between you and these boys you just mentioned .
Go back home ,look in the mirror and read all your posts upside down and tell me exactly how you're in any way different from those folks with your usual rants about guys in this same forum .
Honestly, you come across to me like an hypocrite.(No pun intended just speaking my mind)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Kimoni: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
Somatic:
When a man enters into a partnership with income sharing on his mind, how won't he relinquish the portion of the headship commensurate with the burden he expects his half to share?

grin grin grin
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Kimoni: 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
Op, I think it's the lesser percentage of men [b]because where I come from (Anambra), most of the men will prefer their wives to stay at home and raise their kids while they take care of the finance [/b]but due to the economic situation,they need support so,some of them have allowed their wives to work and do business.

Naturally,women are go getters that is why they can take up the so called 'odd jobs' and due to the gender bias,they tend to put in their best when trying to do or get something done just to prove the men wrong.

It's easier for women to get job these days than men even in the networking business,you find out the ladies are doing very well because people listen to them than they do to men. That doesn't mean the men in that line of business are not doing their best to get to the top of the ladder too.
Thou, there is a higher percentage of hard working women these days than men. And forget the blabbing of some of these men,they pray silently day and night to marry hardworking successful women even those who earn more than them.

Interesting...I thought I have read something contrary on NL before
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
My fourteen years old neighbor and his friends are very active romancelanders. You won't believe the number of female monikers dying to meet him after he shows them his older brother's pics. The reason why I don't take that section seriously especially their endless lists on what a lady should be. I just read and laugh. He begged not to be exposed so,I won't. I pity the desperate ladies falling mugu for these little boys.

shocked shocked shocked
Deejavuu mind who you crush on oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by eyinjuege: 12:22am On Aug 08, 2015
There's a proverb that says we should use both hands to wash each other, but the most important thing is for both hands to be clean.
Does it really matter who the breadwinner is? I believe every married couple should complement each other. Even if the woman's hustle brings in more, it shouldn't be such a big deal. I think the problem starts when the man in question allows the pressure of running the house begin to tell on the woman by him not helping her with the roles society has thrust upon her, while she helps him out with his own supposed role as provide.
Every family with their own special circumstance. Anyway, everyone should help out in providing money, doing chores and raising the children.

4 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 08, 2015
@ your bolded,it's simply because they don't want their wife to suffer or make them look like the head of the family. You can go to school and get all the certificate but they still wish you don't work while they pay you and you can have whatever you ask for. That was then,not now.
You can work and live your dreams but don't try to be the man or they kick you out.
Kimoni:

Interesting...I thought I have read something contrary on NL before

3 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Warlord3000(m): 3:56am On Aug 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
There is no difference between you and these boys you just mentioned .
Go back home ,look in the mirror and read all your posts upside down and tell me exactly how you're in any way different from those folks with your usual rants about guys in this same forum .
Honestly, you come across to me like an hypocrite.(No pun intended just speaking my mind)

Uncle Truckpusher... I have tried so hard to ignore all this banter for quite a while but I think it's time to finally say something.. {even person owe another person money na small thing to this "manhunt"}

Uncle have you noticed how you have been quoting standd for the past couple of months without getting her attention... Hmm..

Why not just let it slide.

You quote her to insult her, name calling and abuse etc and yet no reply from her.

abeg if we pursue person tey and no catch am, no be to free the person and look other direction... {kilode gan na}..

This is a typical e-bullying and its getting too much...

Help yourself you can't continue to be like this.... {maybe politics section allows that but not in this way}

Please move on and find another victim.. Hmm maybe someone like me cheesy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by DonTim1: 5:12am On Aug 08, 2015
I don't get it, is the post suposed to promote equity between man and wife ? Cos ifso, its DOA,why on earth should the forehead worry to be in front? Either she earns. 100x what you earn, become the breadwinner, a real man would yet encourage his wifeand the wife still resspect him. This issue was setledlong ago, so much that God didn't even seek angels opinion,he ordained it that man shall be the head, conduct yourself assuch,and your wife should continue her supporting role irespectivee of societal position or career succes.

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 08, 2015
TooNoisy:

Sorry; make sure you marry someone far better than your dad!
Yeah, sure

Thanks
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 08, 2015
dumo1:

Do take care of ur sweet mother & make her proud. May Jehovah keep her alive to reap the fruit of her hard earned Labour. Amen.
Sure, I will.

Thanks
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by delleby(f): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2015
The Essence of this thread in no way is to propagate gender equality. If u read the initial post you'll understand its about the growing vast number of men who are leaving (have left ) the running of the home to the wives. Making them have so much a burden to carry. These men are either so lazy or so self centered that they don't even care of the wellbeing of the family. But sometimes can spend money to outsiders to appear as good people so that when the women complain, these outsiders see her as a liar or hypocrite. Meanwhile all these while, the woman is pushed to go the extra mile, irrespective of her strength and the Children in anguish watch all these happen.

3 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by delleby(f): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Moreover, if most men ever lived up to their expectations, gender equality would never have been a Topic.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2015
And you've been stalking him too to know that. Interesting.
Warlord3000:

Uncle Truckpusher... I have tried so hard to ignore all this banter for quite a while but I think it's time to finally say something.. {even person owe another person money na small thing to this "manhunt"}

Uncle have you noticed how you have been quoting standd for the past couple of months without getting her attention... Hmm..

You quote her to insult her, name calling and abuse etc and yet no reply from her.

abeg if we pursue person tey and no catch am, no be to free the person and look other direction... {kilode gan na}..

Help yourself you can't continue to be like this.... {maybe politics section allows that but not in this way}

4 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2015
The title of your thread is wrong, it should read " Men who have failed to take responsibility have lost their roles to women." Your generalisation I hope is not in intent to cause contention.

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2015
delleby:
Moreover, if most men ever lived up to their expectations, gender equality would never have been a Topic.
What if they live up to their expectations and women still earn more than them, do that make them lose their positions?
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Truckpusher(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Warlord3000:

First of all your moniker doesn't ring a bell and I also guess that you were blind , deaf and dumb with your head stuck in her ass that you didn't notice when she came into the romance section to insult people that are better her? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by delleby(f): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2015
blublahd:

What if they live up to their expectations and women still earn more than them, do that make them lose their positions?
Every right thinking woman wants to be a queen in her home. If earning more than her husband makes him abandon his duties, then yeah, he's lost it, making her the king and queen instead. But if despite his financial status, he still provides for his Family the one he can, no one can take the head of the family position from him. If u have taken time out to read the earlier posts, you'll understand that some of our women nowadays act both as the bread winners and as wives while the husbands just sit back and watch.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 08, 2015
standd:

@bolded...pls take time out to study men who whine about women online, you will never find a 'Seun', 'Psquare' or even a 'ymodulus' cheesy among them. These boys still depend mostly on their parents too, but online, you had think they have anything to offer anyone, when they can't even take care of themselves.
Funny thing is majority of them have little or nothing to offer (in all aspects) hence spend all their time searching for hungry girls like them to date. All they do is date, complain, whine, nothing else.

And Seun isn't chauvinistic pig like these loners. cheesy
Seun:
If your boss was a man, and you were a woman, there would be no controversy whatsoever.

"He asked me to carry his suitcase and I refused." "Serves you right, proud bitch, you ought to respect your boss"
Seun:
Only a cocky employee thinks he/she is the "contemporary" of his/her boss. A woman would have received lectures on submissiveness.
Now, that's a classy male not bunch of jobless misogynists. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
delleby:

Every right thinking woman wants to be a queen in her home. If earning more than her husband makes him abandon his duties, then yeah, he's lost it, making her the king and queen instead. But if despite his financial status, he still provides for his Family the one he can, no one can take the head of the family position from him. If u have taken time out to read the earlier posts, you'll understand that some of our women nowadays act both as the bread winners and as wives while the husbands just sit back and watch.
I asked you a simple and direct question, I did not ask for your opinions on other matters but answers.
The bolded is all that mattered
And if I may ask is it all husbands that have failed to live up to their responsibilities? And if some women have become breadwinners, na me choose their husband for them? Didn't they look well at his character before saying I do?
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 08, 2015
peppyluv02:
Op, I think it's the lesser percentage of men because where I come from (Anambra), most of the men will prefer their wives to stay at home and raise their kids while they take care of the finance but due to the economic situation,they need support so,some of them have allowed their wives to work and do business. This is simply their way of pampering their wives and not let her begin to see herself as the head of the family.

It's easier for women to get job these days than men and I don't know why the preference for women. Even in the networking business,you find out the ladies are doing very well because people listen to them than they do to men. That doesn't mean the men in that line of business are not doing their best to get to the top of the ladder too.
You might be right though but Anambra has more outspoken women in politics etc than any other states.

2 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Warlord3000(m): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
First of all your moniker doesn't ring a bell and I also guess that you were blind , deaf and dumb with your head stuck in her ass that you didn't notice when she came into the romance section to insult people that are better her? undecided

You have just confirmed my suspicion of being a weakling bitter wailing "idiota of the highest order" finding a lady to bully... Buffoon quote where she talked to you on this particular thread..

Am. Sure you sleep and wake up frustrated and jerking off thinking about her...

Find something better to do than trolling a girl or better yet go and do your usual wailing in the politics section cheesy tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Truckpusher(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2015
Warlord3000:

You have just confirmed my suspicion of being a weakling bitter wailing "idiota of the highest order" finding a lady to bully... Buffoon quote where she talked to you on this particular thread..

Am. Sure you sleep and wake up frustrated and jerking off thinking about her...

Find something better to do than trolling a girl or better yet go and do your usual wailing in the politics section cheesy tongue
I never expected anything less from one of her shiit eating dogs like you.

Bark from now till nightfall, bingo - I do not engage an enemy that just showed up from the blues ,meanwhile you can run back to sticking your damaged brain and skull into her smelly ass.
You'd be so ignored because you're not worthy of my time .

11 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Warlord3000(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
I never expected anything less from one of her shiit eating dogs like you.

Bark from now till nightfall, bingo - I do not engage an enemy that just showed up from the blues ,meanwhile you can run back to sticking your damaged brain and skull into her smelly ass.
You'd be so ignored because you're not worthy of my time .

Chai e pain am cheesy cheesy please don't ignore me when I was just about to start giving you a dose of your own pill to know how it feels being stalked..

But you ain't really worth it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by delleby(f): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2015
blublahd:

I asked you a simple and direct question, I did not ask for your opinions on other matters but answers.
The bolded is all that mattered
And if I may ask is it all husbands that have failed to live up to their responsibilities? And if some women have become breadwinners, na me choose their husband for them? Didn't they look well at his character before saying I do?
If only you understand what the word "MOST" in the topic of this post means, Smh. Also its either you're one of such husbands or are a party to this menace or amongst those that always want women issues to be kept in the dark just to portray the "Men are Superior, women are meant to bow, shut up and take whatever comes their way" kinda person. As regards your question, I'm also convinced you were amongst those students who lost marks by not giving examples to buttress their points during exams.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Truckpusher(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Warlord3000:

Chai e pain am cheesy cheesy please don't ignore me when I was just about to start giving you a dose of your own pill to know how it feels being stalked..

But you ain't really worth it
Not at all grin

I do not engage insignificant asslickers.

7 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Warlord3000(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
Not at all grin

I do not engage insignificant asslickers.

Guess I will. Keep. Taunting the insignificant wailer cheesy

Funny enough and oddly enough as it is... You finally got the brain to ignore me just like she has been doing to you..

Hahaha a cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2015
standd:

I've said it over and over again, real men don't have the time to come online to whine about women. They are out there, in the real world, doing their best for their families.

All these whiners and feminism mongers are overfed teenagers still dependent on their parents for daily bread.

Reason I seldom take posts here seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Truckpusher(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2015
Warlord3000:

Guess I will. Keep. Taunting the insignificant wailer cheesy

Funny enough and oddly enough as it is... You finally got the brain to ignore me just like she has been doing to you..

Hahaha a cheesy cheesy
Gerara here mehn ! Shiit!

I want that biitch and not you man. tongue
You better stay away - This shiit will soon hit the fan and FYI she isn't ignoring me because she's already aware that I'll whoop her rag ass into oblivion.
She tested my wrath before and I bet that's why she hired her dog. tongue

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2015
delleby:

If only you understand what the word "MOST" in the topic of this post means, Smh. Also its either you're one of such husbands or are a party to this menace or amongst those that always want women issues to be kept in the dark just to portray the "Men are Superior, women are meant to bow, shut up and take whatever comes their way" kinda person. As regards your question, I'm also convinced you were amongst those students who lost marks by not giving examples to buttress their points during exams.
I am staring at the topic of this thread right now and I don't see your glaring "MOST".......

See am not whatever you typed there and rather than jump to conclusions gather your facts through questions than assumptions. Little wonder why women your type tell such sorry tales.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? / Make The Sweetest Healthy Zobo Without Sugar. / The Two Boys Kidnapped By Their Nanny In Lagos Have Been Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.