Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo (14326 Views)

It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole / RUMBLINGS FROM THE Creek...and Gentle Whispers Of True Leaders By Ena Ofugara / Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by fr3do(m): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

The situation has not even gotten close to a stage where any form of referrendum will b called. U better think of how to maximise d opportunities u have in Nigeria.

in the original post, it is written that the Northerners were ready to leave their region without real estates to ensure that the developpers are not Igbo.

Few years back, they would rather say that Nigeria does not produce cars than to agree that Innoson produces cars.

They rather crawl around the globe begging for weapons than to employ native arms making skills at awka.

Lets not pretend as if Nigeria is not drawing us back.

Lets stop being individualistic, it is drawing out back as a whole

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by truefact: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
dovee69:
I thought at that time we have North,East and west,which means we practice Regional government.why will the easterners not go back to their region to seek for emploment and business and also build their Hotels.Can the igbos gave any Northerner land in the east,is that why they kill Northerner and Western Leaders because they want them to go back to their region?........Even in present day Nigeria How many Northerners have their own houses and shops in the East as compared to Easterners in the North?.
Just remember the Igbos never steal any land to build. It is always been bought....simply stop selling ..
Fuuls

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by HopeAtHand: 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
IdiAmin1:
May Amadioha strike anybody who ever try to blame Ojukwu for going into that war.

He did what he thought was necessary and if I were in his shoes, I will do just that.

But one thing gives me joy, those that were against igbos building hotels are still doing mai guard whereas the Igbos are busy building the hotels even till tomorrow. cool

That was politics in the 60's

One wonders why Igbos put so much effort into developing other regions and don't do much more in theirs.

Igbos are normally very cunning and arrogant and are usually carefully scrutinised in any dealings and interactions done with them.

It doesn't speak well for Igbos to bear that 'cheats' tag almost everywhere in Nigeria, something igbos generally acclaim as smartness/wiseness.

Igbos cannot be right and the rest of Nigeria wrong.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Curlieweed: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
rusep:
To be objective, you have to look at it the other way that is how northerners are treated in the south east then we can come out with object analysis.

You're quite right. The Northerners were treated worse in the SE. So badly that they made one Northerner the Mayor of Enugu. Can you imagine the hatred!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by backtosender: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

One wonders why Igbos put so much effort into developing other regions and don't do much more in theirs.

Igbos are normally very cunning and arrogant and are usually carefully scrutinised in any dealings and interactions done with them.

It doesn't speak well for Igbos to bear that 'cheats' tag almost everywhere in Nigeria, something igbos generally acclaim as smartness/wiseness.

you are not in any position to talk on behalf of igbos because you are not one..which group in america develop new york can u tel me ?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Even though your assessment is pure garbage, does it corrolate with this thread?
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Eastlink(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Yorubaman thank God you're finally learning how to make comments without hiding under the Ikwerre cloak. If you keep doing this, be rest assured that you won't have problem from us.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Curlieweed:

You're quite right. The Northerners were treated worse in the SE. So badly that they made one Northerner the Mayor of Enugu. Can you imagine the hatred!

Alieni in vista. Baseless, unverified comment
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by HopeAtHand: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
backtosender:
you are not in any position to talk on behalf of igbos because you are not one..which group in america develop new york can u tel me ?

Ofcourse its the Igbos, who else grin grin
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Omololu007(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

He thought he was uniting the zoo called Nigeria but he didn't know it won't be appreciated, they were having another agenda.
so he should b d one to b blamed den
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by HopeAtHand: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eastlink:
Yorubaman thank God you're finally learning how to make comments without hiding under the Ikwerre cloak. If you keep doing this, be rest assured that you won't have problem from us.

If im not Yoruba, may Amadioha kill you.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Curlieweed: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

Alieni in vista. Baseless, unverified comment

Bros, erm, erm, sarcasm, sarcasm.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by backtosender: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Ofcourse its the Igbos, who else grin grin
mumu new york was develop by americans not blacks,native indians,european whites new york was developed by all race but can you say the same thing about nigeria?
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Omololu007:
so he should b d one to b blamed den

It's your zoo country that don't appreciate good things need to be blamed
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

You are pardoned for that. But try not to confound ppl, you might be mistaken for a ciminal

I am sure u know u owe me an apology.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by HopeAtHand: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
cool
damosthottest:

Even though your assessment is pure garbage, does it corrolate with this thread?

My assessment is what it is.Igbos should channel more of their resources into develiping Igboland..Imagine hotels and other business in the North when the east isn't the most developed region.

Igbos do not have a mega city in Nigeria like thr Hausa and Yoruba or the SS tongue...only laid back 'cities' like Enugu and Owerri..Onitsha and Aba are just mega-towns.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Omololu007(m): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

It's your zoo country that don't appreciate good things need to be blamed
who begged him to unite us.he is d cause of Nigeria problem

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:
cool

My assessment is what it is.Igbos should channel more of their resources into develiping Igboland..Imagine hotels and other business in the North when the east isn't the most developed region.

Igbos do not have a mega city in Nigeria like thr Hausa and Yoruba or the SS tongue...only laid back 'cities' like Enugu and Owerri..Onitsha and Aba are just mega-towns.

Of course you are right but you criminalised them in your previous comment as if they offended anybody by being naturally creative and hard working.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
fr3do:

in the original post, it is written that the Northerners were ready to leave their region without real estates to ensure that the developpers are not Igbo.

Few years back, they would rather say that Nigeria does not produce cars than to agree that Innoson produces cars.

They rather crawl around the globe begging for weapons than to employ native arms making skills at awka.

Lets not pretend as if Nigeria is not drawing us back.

Lets stop being individualistic, it is drawing out back as a whole

I perfectly understand what u are talking abt. The way out is to get our people into key and sensitive positions and nt to be crying abt Biafra.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Omololu007(m): 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

If im not Yoruba, may Amadioha kill you.
amen/ase
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Omololu007:
who begged him to unite us.he is d cause of Nigeria problem

It's your lord (lugard) who forced you into this.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Eastlink(m): 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

If im not Yoruba, may Amadioha Ogun kill you.
Also, the name Amadioha is Ikwerrian (Igboid). Rather than use that totem, try as much to appreciate your origin for once. There is a Yoruba version for the God of Thunder and that is Ogun.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by patrick89(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:
All these igbos above me, u can't say u hate while u stay in Lagos or outside igbo land.
My own I believe in what I stand for and it's to develop igbo land.
What I have in mind if I do it in a place like Lagos, and it pulls tru Lagos might count among d best in the world, and so wud me.
But I prefer to do it in igbo land, and am willing to go the extra mile to make sure igbo land is viable to achieve such.
If it means ending d life of Nnamdi Kanu, Ralph Uwazirike and d rest of u Biafran agitators so be it.
Anybody who doesnt want the progress of igbo land is not my kin.
I know your type, feeling you're intelligent enough to know what is good for your people, maybe you should tell us why countries like scot, Serbia catalonia yogulosovia etc are seceding or have seceded. if you can tell us that then we can discuss. but for now, ooh shove it aside your intelligence starts and ends in you circuit and ability. nice try thou but intelligence isn't about writing in english language

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by zeestunner(m): 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
sdindan:

What we have is Nigeria constitution not Northern constitution.
A nigerian can have properties anywhere he wants to in Nigeria. Get a copy of Nigeria constitution and stop being dullard

I was talking about d time of ahmadu bello that was wen those statement were made then we had regional government under d federal. Nobody is saying u shudnt hav properties anywhere u like buh u must adhere to the watever policies d regional government of that time decides is good for their people. By the way if u guys are such geniuses why not build ur southeeast wats wrong with u guys developing ur region
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by HopeAtHand: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eastlink:
Also, the name Amadioha is Ikwerrian (Igboid). Rather than use that totem, try as much to appreciate your origin for once. There is a Yoruba version for the God of Thunder and that is Ogun.

Ok then, may Amadioha and Ogun combine forces kill you for calling me yoruba when im Ikwerre.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by HopeAtHand: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

Of course you are right but you criminalised them in your previous comment as if they offended anybody by being naturally creative and hard working.

Sometimes i wonder whats wrong with Igbos.

They have no city in the mould of Abj,Lag,PH and Kano in Igboland..They just look disorganised.if they can come together and make Enugu or Onitsha et al truly worldclass, nobody will call them names..They will earn their respect.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by zeestunner(m): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
vayne:

oh please shut it already,what do you mean by "its thier land and they have a right as to how its controlled",
then why are the niger-deltans not allowed to control thier oil and lands?
what then is ONE-NIGERIA?

Let me tell you,take or leave it,hate it or love it,
WE,THE IGBOS WILL KEEP BUYING AND BUILDING WHEN AND WHEREVER WE DEEM IT FIT IN ONE-NIGERIA.
Be it lagos,kano,oba of lagos's palace,emir of sokoto's palace.
If you don't like conduct a referandum.

Oga dullard at dat time we had regional governments. Na ur GREEDY broda aguyi ironsi change everything because u guys like dominating things. Imagine if the regional government where maintained by now niger-delta would have been the most developed region in africa our oil money wud hav worked for us. Buh ur greedy asses messed it all up for us.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by mu2sa2: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
The op is being mischievous, trying to fan the embers of ethnic/ regional animosity. There is a debate before parliament, you pick what some people said and post it. You should have posted the entire record of the proceedings on the subject and the resolution of the parliament. The brainless posters spewing trash above ar simply ignoramus brats who deserve pity for their condition of inability to us their brain.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Sometimes i wonder whats wrong with Igbos.

They have no city in the mould of Abj,Lag,PH and Kano in Igboland..They just look disorganised.if they can come together and make Enugu or Onitsha et al truly worldclass, nobody will call them names..They will earn their respect.

They have learnt their bitter lesson, by now they should have planned to head towards home.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Eastlink(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Ok then, may Amadioha and Ogun combine forces kill you for calling me yoruba when im Ikwerre.
Spare me the tears woke. Thought we busted your cover long ago in the Rivers thread. Not just me but every other prominent Rivers dude on nairaland. Our message is clear and if you stick to it, I repeat we shall stop stalking you. Stay clear of using Ikwerre or any Rivers tag to perpetrate your bigotry. Learn to accept your Yoruba origin. We know you wish you were a Rivers man.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by zeestunner(m): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
yang:

You have a right to determine how your region is run but when it comes to the oil in egbema, your opinion changes.

You are the hypocrite

Mumu at the time those northerners made those statements we were running regional system of government. Na una greedy broda aguyi ironsi change everyting because u guys wntd to dominate everyting. Naija delta wud hav been better off una broda messed it up

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by fr3do(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

I perfectly understand what u are talking abt. The way out is to get our people into key and sensitive positions and nt to be crying abt Biafra.

The norths population will hinder that one,
Another idea is getting either northerners or yorubas on our side, but that is almost impossible, the hate is deeply embedded.

Abeg Biafra jor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: List Of Promises On Social Media Purportedly From Me Is Fake / Southeast Governors To Build Ring Road To Connect South East States / Ibrahim Mohammed Sworn-in As Substantive CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.