Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo (14302 Views)

It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole / RUMBLINGS FROM THE Creek...and Gentle Whispers Of True Leaders By Ena Ofugara / Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by naijaking1: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

Thank God this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many who thinks that Igbos and Niger Deltans are not United, as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281

The tragedy of Nigeria:
1. The same people, everyone of them changed their tune after oil was discovered in the east.
2. "Ibo" to an average Hausa/Fulani northerner meant-Igbos, Urobohos, Edos, Ibibios, Efiks, Ijaws, etc.
3. How is this different from Oba of Lagos call for Igbos to leave Lagos for Yorubas?
4. How can we advocate for ONE Nigeria in the afternoon, and then call for the repatriation of 'Ibos' to their homeland at night
That's the big Nigerian question!

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
onenaira3:

That loser coward will immediately tell you that he is Edo so he speaks for "SS". Just wanted to let you know the coward is 200% YOLOBA. The damn loser ID is mulattoclaro. A wannabe edo yoloba loser that got busted for being a yoloba coward pretending to be edo. After he got busted in his mulattoclaro, the illiterate dropped that ID and created that spanishkid ID and restarted where he stopped while stupidly giving himself away. He also has one more ID, which I can't remember right now.

Just a disclaimer: treat him like the loser yoloba coward he is
His last Id is excusemyfrench
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by dovee69: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Politically the Igbos are inept they lack clear understanding of how a country should be governed.How many Senate President where removed because of their senseless greed only Ayim survived.Even amongst them there is no trust.Is there any Igbo that can be trusted with Power?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by SirDorianGray(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
new2020:

You were making sense until you made the yoruba move in your last paragraph. I suspect you are a yoruba imposter...will keep a very close eye on you!

Looool
Anyone that doesn't want Biafra is a Yoruba? Dumb mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by naijaking1: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
dovee69:
Politically the Igbos are inept they lack clear understanding of how a country should be governed.How many Senate President where removed because of their senseless greed only Ayim survived.Even amongst them there is no trust.Is there any Igbo that can be trusted with Power?

Bigotry will lead you nowhere, this is 2015!
Wake up and smell the coffee!
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by coolitempa(f): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
SirDorianGray:

Looool

There are a pathetic lot...... cheesy.....these flat.heads....the irony is that most Yorubas are now seeking ways to expel them.....so any help we can give to bring about Biafra will surely be rendered.......... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by backtosender: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eastlink:
You thought you were smart all the while until you carelessly busted your cover with your divide and rule tactics. You first tried to cause a rift between the SE/SS. Someone cautioned but we didn't pay attention to him. Maybe because he was from the SE. This was his comment.

You responded with this comment:

Notwithstanding your smartness (even when you were trying to deviate all blames to the Igbos). You then deviously device another plan. This time you decided to turn your fist on your supposed state. This was you divisive comment.

You foolishly continued with this.

And this:

Then we eventually took you serious, first by:

Then Atlwireles:

Then by me:

Again

Finally this is how we finally nailed the imposter:
This is the link:
www.nairaland.com/2441434/nigeria-still-date-truth/7
These Sudanese migrant are really pain in the ass now i no why the northern Sudanese hate them with this behavior who will tolerate them
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by backtosender: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
coolitempa:

There are a pathetic lot...... cheesy.....these flat.heads....the irony is that most Yorubas are now seeking ways to expel them.....so any help we can give to bring about Biafra will surely be rendered.......... cheesy
expel your landlords will bring a catastrophe in lagos be ready for war in lagos before we go we cannot aloow lazy yorooba ritualist and parasites stealing our properties we will destroy it level it well well before we go..so that u can develop lagos just like your are doing in Osun state useless bunch
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by coolitempa(f): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
backtosender:
expel your landlords will bring a catastrophe in lagos be ready for war in lagos before we go we cannot aloow lazy yorooba ritualist and parasites stealing our properties we will destroy it level it well well before we go..so that u can develop lagos just like your are doing in Osun state useless bunch

Lol@..... Chest beaters again.... cheesy....just like you levelled it in 1967....or during June 12...... Or like when the igala youths ransacked Anambra state just three days ago..... cheesy....fear dey catch us o..... cheesy.....the great Oba just mentioned lagoon....and your people started begging......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Jman06(m): 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
Biafra is the only hope for the igbos!
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by BermudaTriangle(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
spanishkid:
Ofugara or whatever he is called is a bastard child of a thousand fathers. Stop deceiving yourself ofugara cos an average urhobo man hates an igbo man. Stop trying to be relevant you idiot. Relate with them at your own peril. It was the relationship Gej had with them that made him lose to Buhari. Igbos can never trusted. They've shown us over the years that they are treacherous and won't waste time in annexing your land and calling it no man's land.

Thank you. But please don't be deceived, this thread was posted by an impersonating igbo person. They are extremely desperate to court the friendship of people of the niger delta for support and relevance. In spite of their chest beating, they are so lily-livered to go it alone. As the scammers international, the will go to any length to deceive people in their course. The blame game has become their major weapon. Enu Ofugara is a sodonym for an igbo person.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by abduljabbar4(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:
This is jst a tip of d iceberge compared to what happened in 1966. My dad lost all his property in Kaduna where he worked then. The genocide was so intense that he trecked from Kaduna to Nsukka hiding in bushes during d day and walking at night.

I personelly believe the north is reaping from what dey sowed in d form of Boko Haram. I have no pitty for them at all.

And to those Igbos calling for Biafra in this 2015 u can see that there is no justifiable reason as at now for any government to grant us Biafra. We are nt under any form of torment or attack compared to what happened 1964-67.
Our fathers and grandfathers had paid d price for our survival as an Igbo race.Let them not observe from d great beyond how their children and grand children will suffer what dey suffered. They paid d expensive price so lets live in peace with our Nigerian neighbours

And i have some bad news for you. Boko haram will soon be history. Infact i cant remember the last time they attacked my people

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by SirDorianGray(m): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

OK igbos got killed in d north.
D question to be asked was y?
And d answer wud tell u it was our fault.
D New regime is in place and Ojukwu is angry that he shud be d one ontop, since he is a much senior officer to Gowon.
D list goes on, even when they went to Aburi and the agreement wasn't implemented, a sensible man dat knows he is about engaging in a battle without weapons wud keep looking for the most peaceful way to settle disputes, but he cudnt see.

Point of correction Ojukwu never wanted to be "on top" he wanted the hierarchy in the army followed, meaning Ogundipe and not Gowon should be the Head of State. Let's face facts it appeared(then) that the Northerners wanted to rule by force therefore promoting Gowon over 4 non-Northern officers (Cdm. Wey, Ogundipe and Adebayo). This is what Ojukwu was trying to correct. He wasn't seeking to rule Nigeria. Noone in his right senses can blame Ojukwu for what he did. Unfortunately they were ill prepared and fighting against not just Nigeria but the British. By the way I'm not Ibo.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
abduljabbar4:

And i have some bad news for you. Boko haram will soon be history. Infact i cant remember the last time they attacked my people

U pple set urself on a path to destruction bc a Southerner hu is christian was in power.Even if the BH stops attacking today. The damage is already done. Many of ur men where killed. Ur women raped and children kidnapped. Many of ur women are pregnant for terrorist & will soon give birth to seeds of terrorism. U brought all these upon urselves.

Now ur illetrate fulani cattle rearer of a president is considering negotiation and Amnesty to ur Killer brothers bc u all share d same faith of violence.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by omoelesa(m): 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eastlink:
Spare me the tears woke. Thought we busted your cover long ago in the Rivers thread. Not just me but every other prominent Rivers dude on nairaland. Our message is clear and if you stick to it, I repeat we shall stop stalking you. Stay clear of using Ikwerre or any Rivers tag to perpetrate your bigotry. Learn to accept your Yoruba origin. We know you wish you were a Rivers man.
Guy,why are u like this? the guy said he is an ikewere and u are forcing yoruba down his troat.Why is it that, u ibos dont want any body from the SS to have contrary opinon to yours?
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by abduljabbar4(m): 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

U pple set urself on a path of destruction bc a Southerner hu is christian was in power.Even if the BH stops attacking today. The damage is already done. Many of ur men where killed. Ur women raped and children kidnapped. Many of ur women are pregnant for terrorist & will soon give birth to seeds of terrorism. U brought all these upon urselves.
Wait oooo. Are you comparing 20,000 with 3 million? cheesy tongue
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Wait oooo. Are you comparing 20,000 with 3 million? cheesy tongue

That ur 20, 000 will soon turn 20million. Sebi they caught 2 of ur brothers at India/Pakistan boundary trying to join Isis. Do u know how many of them that have joined already? They are coming to form Isis in northern Nigeria and continue with d blood bath. Dnt say I didn't warn you.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
I don't believe you are an Igbo person. The other day, you claimed to be an Igbo man from rivers state now, you are from Imo state. Keep deceiving yourself.

lygn19:
(1) those comments were made, just as every other arguments are made and countered in every House of Assembly, I am not sure they were ever passed into Law.
(2) no offense I am from Igbo, from imo state to be precise, but how come off all d Nigerian tribes only us were singled out? The question to ask is is der sth wrong with us?
(3) this above has nothing to do with the war, I blame Ojukwu for it.
(4) the north has the interest of its people at heart before anybody whether one Nigeria or not, same with what would attain in igbo land if the reverse was the case. So I don't see any thing wrong with those comment.
(5) northerners choose ur words rightly and wisely, u never can know what tomorrow would bring.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Ritchiee: 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
we will forever be the envy of other tribes...
https://www.nairaland.com/2486801/check-out-these-achievements-u... I don't think the Yorubas give a hoot about your tribe because you don't' have 1/5 of their achievements...lol.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ibos and primitiveness.
People who ascribe wisdom to themselves yet lack cognitive reasoning. What do they expect under a regional system of government. That the northerners should allow them dominate their region whilst they, the ibos monopolise their own region ? What manner of species are these people for Gods' sake ?
In a regional form of government, the north was for northerneers east for easterners and west for westerners, so whats the beef about ?
The op of this thread suffers from crass ignorance and a warped sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
Ritchiee:
https://www.nairaland.com/2486801/check-out-these-achievements-u... I don't think the Yorubas give a hoot about your tribe because you don't' have 1/5 of their achievements...lol.
All these to erase your mediocrity?? I don't have time to start googling up igbo achievements....of course there are truckloads of them...but clap for yourselves
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by SirDorianGray(m): 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eastlink:
Also, the name Amadioha is Ikwerrian (Igboid). Rather than use that totem, try as much to appreciate your origin for once. There is a Yoruba version for the God of Thunder and that is Ogun.

Yoruba god of thunder is Sango. Ogun is the god of iron...
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by chigoizie7(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
zeestunner:
Ena ofugara should stop being a hypocrite. The northerners have a right to determine how they want there region run. Its their land its their government. We should remember that at that time we had regional governments resources then belong to the regions not like now. Nobody would want to be dorminated by another in his territory. Where there northerners in the eastern civil service? Nobody should use education as an excuse. ahmadu bello was rite if u give them an inch they would want to claim everyting lagos is an example. Its only fair everybody protect his or her interest.

And the Niger delta does not also have the right to decide what happens in their soil? How it is shared?

Now, see who the hypocrite is.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by spanishkid(m): 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
BermudaTriangle:

Thank you. But please don't be deceived, this thread was posted by an impersonating igbo person. They are extremely desperate to court the friendship of people of the niger delta for support and relevance. In spite of their chest beating, they are so lily-livered to go it alone. As the scammers international, the will go to any length to deceive people in their course. The blame game has become their major weapon. Enu Ofugara is a sodonym for an igbo person.
Nigeria would be a much better place if we had more people like you. These igbos are a nuisance anywhere they go.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by spanishkid(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
SirDorianGray:

Looool
na now you know. Igbos are a cancer to Nigeria.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
BermudaTriangle:

Mumu!!! I have discovered that monkeys and baboons like you in this contraption called nigeria are allergic to the truth. Once they hear the truth they start gittering and their body will be itching them.

Very shameful!!
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
BermudaTriangle:
Ibos and primitiveness.
People who ascribe wisdom to themselves yet lack cognitive reasoning. What do they expect under a regional system of government. That the northerners should allow them dominate their region whilst they, the ibos monopolise their own region ? What manner of species are these people for Gods' sake ?
In a regional form of government, the north was for northerneers east for easterners and west for westerners, so whats the beef about ?
The op of this thread suffers from crass ignorance and a warped sense of reasoning.

Empty skull!!!
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
nwanlecha:
I don't believe you are an Igbo person. The other day, you claimed to be an Igbo man from rivers state now, you are from Imo state. Keep deceiving yourself.

That guy doesn't know his origin, he is confused.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by spanishkid(m): 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
omoelesa:
Guy,why are u like this? the guy said he is an ikewere and u are forcing yoruba down his troat.Why is it that, u ibos dont want any body from the SS to have contrary opinor to yours?
that's how their brains have been programmed. If you don't support their Biafra you're automatically a yoruba man in a country of over 250 ethnic groups. Igbos have a very long way to go. The civil war was never a war for Freedom bros. It was a ploy by ojukwu to annex other people's land. If not tell me why did they attack Benin City and looted the central bank there and even the ekpeye of Bayelsa? They simply wanted to annex these lands and the whole of south south. The battle of ore was also another example. They were on their way to annex ore too before they were defeated.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
spanishkid:
that's how their brains have been programmed. If you don't support their Biafra you're automatically a yoruba man in a country of over 250 ethnic groups. Igbos have a very long way to go. The civil war was never a war for Freedom bros. It was a ploy by ojukwu to annex other people's land. If not tell me why did they attack Benin City and looted the central bank there and even the ekpeye of Bayelsa? They simply wanted to annex these lands and the whole of south south. The battle of ore was also another example. They were on their way to annex ore too before they were defeated.

Frustrated baboon
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by zeestunner(m): 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
chigoizie7:

And the Niger delta does not also have the right to decide what happens in their soil? How it is shared?

Now, see who the hypocrite is.

Guy at dat time we had regional governments. Na ur GREEDY broda aguyi ironsi change everything because u guys like dominating things. Imagine if the regional government where maintained by now niger-delta would have been the most developed region in africa our oil money wud hav worked for us. Buh ur greedy asses messed it all up for us.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
zeestunner:

Guy at dat time we had regional governments. Na ur GREEDY broda aguyi ironsi change everything because u guys like dominating things. Imagine if the regional government where maintained by now niger-delta would have been the most developed region in africa our oil money wud hav worked for us. Buh ur greedy asses messed it all up for us.

What you need is freedom not regional govt. Ojukwu saw what was going to happen and with the support of the eastern government at that time, he declared Biafra but the British truncated that dream. Ironsi thought he was doing a right thing to unite Nigeria, because even regional goverment that time didn't work. He didn't knew what was about to happen. So blame the British who forced you into this union and prevented Biafra to emerge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Will End Boko Haram By December – Army / Press Release By Uche Sampson Ogar Support Group / Why Osinbajo Is More Active Than Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.