Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... (35764 Views)

Obasanjo: "I Dropped Matthew, If You Want To See My Eyes Red, Call Me That"  / Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p / "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by dayo23(f): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2015
Rev kukah is a tif

4 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 16, 2015
kITATITA:
The so called Peace Committee selected Bishop Kukah to deliver a difficult message because of his reputation as a clean and upright person. I wonder the response if Pastor Oritsejafor had delivered same message to Nigerians. I know that the Peace Committee is struggling to get Buhari to keep to the terms of Jonathan surrender agreement. But I somewhat disagree with Bishop Kukah and Barcanistar. I think that the probe; or investigation can run alongside governance. There's no distraction.
What are you disagreeing? Did you see any part of the write-up where Kukah said he was against investigation/probe? Kukah's position is that Buhari can go ahead with his investigation but his continuous rhetoric is unnecessary and distraction. In fact, can you probe without having a lead? Have you seen where probe his done by mere speculation?

5 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by coolitempa(f): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Please this thread is not for your type, kindly go and look for your igbo vs Yoruba and Biafra vs Nigeria thread where your kind hold sway.

Thanks

Have u looked in the mirror lately......I suggest it might be a good idea...... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by GspotAngela(f): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2015
poshstore:
Bishop Kukah should focus on stopping randy Catholic Gay Bishops from shagging young boys .
FIXED

3 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by hinwazaka: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2015
The APC media, propaganda machine which uses tactics synonymous with those used by the SS of Nazi Germany will eventually bring down its creators

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2015
just because the APC is the ruling party doesnt make make it playing a dictatorial role in our democracy...where the ruling party start playing opposition-playing on the intelligence of the people with their NA ME HOLY PASS propagandas#
PDP if u fail to stand after being knock down..thy strength is weak and false.

3 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2015
GspotAngela:
.... But that doesant stop my Gay ass frrom shagging young boys

I hope it does

2 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2015
smada13:
Soliloquy...***does barcanista knows what he is saying***......

Has the present government started a probe according to what you postulated?

Do you think this government will go public with news without investigating?

For facts' sake, we have a military man and a lawyer in the helms of affairs and we all know their stand and disposition as to facts...except if we want to tell ourselves lies.....

sometimes I just stay off commenting on issues cuz of people like you that distort facts....

With all due respect to Rev. Kukah, he shouldn't be found saying things of such...he really is a disgrace to his members...that is if he is telling them the truth though.....
It is good that you argue with sense. What is this military man and lawyer man doing here? Is Buhari the first and only Military man? Is Osinbajo the first and only lawyer? Will anybody complain if the appropriate thing is done? How can someone be shouting "I will probe this" without investigation for a lead? Have you seen any sane country that probes base on speculation? Let's be guided.

Btw: Your effort to tarnish Kukah is exercise in futility

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by SalC: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2015
IdiAmin1:
1. I will pight kwurupshon and Fashola his bestman is involved in a 78million naira fraud yet no comment. Tinubu is shinning his brown teeth and Amaechi is busy doing agbero on the streets of PH with his wife.

2. I will make 1dollar=1naira yet dollar rigakwa na ahia while they are busy tracing stolen billions in Europe only on newspapers oo.

3. I will provide feeding for school children, umu ntakiri ekworo maka ya wubajuo na school yet ahunwekwe.

4. I will pay unemployed youths 5k every month, ma a ga promise ie enyim nwanyi blackberry phone, yet otu awu ezi.

APC is a scam and it's so unfortunate that Buhari, a man I respect for his integrity is mixed up in all these propaganda. angry
You sound like Uche Ogbuagu the famous comedian grin
Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by poshstore: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2015
Buhari's rating is very high if you check cos Nigerians want him to probe GEJ,so stop blaming Buhari cos he's listening to Nigerians.
The voice of the people is the voice of God.

3 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by adconline(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2015
donholy28:
But na d man cause am naw! Why he go put mouth for politics?
It was OK for him broker a peace accord btw GEJ and GMB- that whoever would win should congratulate the loser. Now that the election is over, he's not allowed to talk?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by funlord(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2015
grin
ECOTERRORS:
I've known Father Kukah right from his time at Catholic social centre kaduna and I will write more about him when I'm back from church

YOU know WHO? Church goer? 4 someone who claims 2 know him from kaduna catholic whatever, its suprising that all your views and comments in this section are always laced with ethnicity, tribal bitterness and twisted facts! You obviously did not learn "anything" from your association with him! Try and dispute this fact and I will shower you with at least 10 posts of yours that would nail you in public! I'm sure you remember my modus operandi!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Please this thread is not for your type, kindly go and look for your igbo vs Yoruba and Biafra vs Nigeria thread where your kind hold sway.

Thanks
My Lady, don't get yourself worked up over the person you quoted

1 Like

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2015
adconline:

It was OK for him broker a peace accord btw GEJ and GMB- that whoever would win should congratulate the loser. Now that the election is over, he's not allowed to talk?
Dont mind the hypocrites!!! The peace committee knows a lot more than we do.Am sure they all discussed Buhari's certificate forgery and his guilt and the need for GEJ to allow him run for peace to reign.

6 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by hinwazaka: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2015
dayo23:
You all trusting men of God? I dey laff ooo! Barcanista how much Rev Kukah pay u for all this cheap fake writeup? That Rev Kukah should rather focus on winning soul for God rather than involving in politics.

Beside he stole from Nigeria, so he is a thief! Only God can forgive him.
May God have mercy on your soul

1 Like

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2015
funlord:
grin

YOU know WHO? Church goer? 4 someone who claims 2 know him from kaduna catholic whatever, its suprising that all your views and comments in this section are always laced with ethnicity, tribal bitterness and twisted facts! You obviously did not learn "anything" from your association with him! Try and dispute this fact and I will shower you with at least 10 posts of yours that would nail you in public! I'm sure you remember my modus operandi!
Leave Ecoterrors alone and face the topic. Why is her comments hurting you? Why are you mastu*bating over her? Is she the issue here? Do you even have right to 'supervise' what she says or do here? Grow up mister...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2015
poshstore:
Buhari's rating is very high if you check cos Nigerians want him to probe GEJ,so stop blaming Buhari cos he's listening to Nigerians.
The voice of the people is the voice of God.
He's rated high on hypocrisy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala Ishilove and Obinoscopy

Do the needful pls
Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by oloyede252(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Thanks
I thought you declare your support for Biafra on that thread so why are you consigned with Nigeria issue...

when pastors and Muslim leaders decide to go into politics they must be ready for this.

1 Like

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2015
oloyede252:

I thought you declare your support for Biafra on that thread so why are you consigned with Nigeria issue...

when pastors and Muslim leaders decide to go into politics they must be ready for this.
Supporting a Biafran cause doesn't make her less Nigerian. Self-determination is the right of everyone as long as they arÉ civil about it. That Xavi, Puyol and other Catalans declared their support for a Separate State from Spain doesn't make them less spanish and doesn't take away their rights and privileges as Spain citizens.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2015
barcanista:

What are you disagreeing? Did you see any part of the write-up where Kukah said he was against investigation/probe? Kukah's position is that Buhari can go ahead with his investigation but his continuous rhetoric is unnecessary and distraction. In fact, can you probe without having a lead? Have you seen where probe his done by mere speculation?
What should be the central focus now? To me it is about knowing where we are; and that includes investigating how we got to where we are, otherwise we'll make same mistakes again. Other aspects of governance can continue side by side as may be allowed by the current economic downturn. We all know that the peace committee doesn't want the focus on investigation/probe because they brokered an agreement whereby Jonathan will accepted defeat without a whimper in exchange for his administration not to be rubbished.
Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by funlord(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2015
grin
barcanista:
Leave Ecoterrors alone and face the topic. Why is her comments hurting you? Why are you mastu*bating over her? Is she the issue here? Do you even have right to 'supervise' what she says or do here? Grow up mister...

I was tagged and I am here! If you and your cohorts are going to play internet politics do it with some integrity and not by being 2 faced or flip flopping on issues at will! This applies to all of you "pdp, apc or whatever" supporters so don't try to single her out! You guys actually need to do the growing up and reduce the bigotry and sentiments that are so easily traced to your contributions! No offence!

6 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by poshstore: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2015
barcanista:

He's rated high on hypocrisy.
Well anyhow you decide to put it,Buhari is simply doing what we put him there to do.Anything short of that will destroy his name.

4 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2015
kITATITA:

What should be the central focus now? To me it is about knowing where we are; and that includes investigating how we got to where we are, otherwise we'll make same mistakes again. Other aspects of governance can continue side by side as may be allowed by the current economic downturn. We all know that the peace committee doesn't want the focus on investigation/probe because they brokered an agreement whereby Jonathan will accepted defeat without a whimper in exchange for his administration not to be rubbished.
How can we know what led us to our present state without investigation? How do we determine who should be subjected to probe (and possibly prosecution) without establishing a case? How can a case be established when the government made it clear that his focus is on one person? Is it poSsible to solve a problem without appreciating it? I don't care about the terms and reference of the committee, but from the position of Kukah, he was right when he said investigation be done first. Do you even make noise when doing investigation?

3 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2015
funlord:
grin

I was tagged and I am here! If you and your cohorts are going to play internet politics do it with some integrity and not by being 2 faced or flip flopping on issues at will! This applies to all of you "pdp, apc or whatever" supporters so don't try to single her out! You guys actually need to do the growing up and reduce the bigotry and sentiments that are so easily traced to your contributions! No offence!
So you want to form 'neutral'? My friend go and sit down! You can only delude yourself

3 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by oloyede252(m): 10:11am On Aug 16, 2015
barcanista:
Supporting a Biafran cause doesn't make her less Nigerian. Self-determination is the right of everyone as long as they arÉ civil about it. That Xavi, Puyol and other Catalans declared their support for a Separate State from Spain doesn't make them less spanish and doesn't take away their rights and privileges as Spain citizens.
so who is taking her right and privileges away?the fact that you support Biafra is from the fact that you don't believe in Nigeria. so why bother yourself with her issues...

@topics what to do except from Nigerian politics as you are an expert in distorting a person personality so am quite disappointed in your wailing .if the bishop is of good reputation no matter how they try to damage his reputation he will come out good as pmb overcame his personality propaganda.or what do you think ......
Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Splashme: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2015
Welcome Barcanista -
the slayer of APC e-frogs

4 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Ghandi12: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2015
barcanista:
It is unfortunate that the APC fans have shifted their venom on the revered and respected Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese Reverend Matthew Hassan-Kukah simply because this respected man aired a position as the Spokesperson of the Abdulsalam-led National Peace Committee. What is the offence of this noble man to warrant the blackmail and false accusation by APC... We all need to take an indepth review of the position of Kukah...

Point of correction it is not only APC fans that have taken exception to Rev. Kukah's statements. There are many Nigerians out here, who had hitherto held him in high esteem, but are, appalled of his recent self-appointed role as an advocate of people under corruption investigation.

barcanista:

1. Investigation Should Be Done First
What Kukah was saying is that there should be investigation first! Investigation simply means approaching a matter with an open heart with the sole aim of establishing whether or not something has gone amiss. This is what is expected in a democracy
2. Probe Becomes Necessary After Investigation
You only probe after investigation has given a lead that an offence was committed. Probe is to unravel more facts that may be helpful during prosecution.

Is Rev. Kukah under investigation? Is he working with EFCC/ICPC/DSS or Police? Has any of the people under corruption investigation employed Rev. Kukah services as an advocate? What is he is own definition of probe or and investigation? Is he quoting from the Nigeria constitution or any extant law when he is trying to differentiate probe from investigation.
We once defeated the "stealing is not corruption" parlance we shall surely defeat "investigation is not probe". We know "Corruption will always fight back".

barcanista:

3. Speculations Are Unnecessary And Distraction
He was simply saying that rather than talking of probe by mere speculation he should do number 1 (above). It is a known fact that NOTHING will be established from any ACTION where the Investigator's sole aim is to see an accused guilty and not really to solve a problem.
4. "That Is The Expectation of Nigerians"
Firstly, you should investigate to ascertain whether or not something has gone amiss. Then you subject the indictees to probe (thorough investigation) to establish more fact and vital information that will help in prosecution. After these are done, you prosecute indictees using the established "fact" as evidence (along with witnesses) while the Judge pronounce guilt or otherwise of the accused.
Isn't this what ordinary Nigerians like some of us expect? Don't Kukah deserve commendation for speaking like a patriot and a democrat per excellence? Should we rather have Buhari continue with his everyday noise of probe? There is a process for everything!

Rev. Kukah as a Nigerian can voice his opinion on any issue but the only one that has the Nigerians mandate to govern us for the next four years is PMB.
Neither you nor Rev. Kukah represents other Nigerians so do not pretend you know other Nigerians expectations. For example majority of Nigerians supported and voted PMB against GEJ without you nor Rev. Kukah having control over our expectations. As you would have noticed PMB job approval has been reasonably satisfactory among the majority since he assumed office in May 2015.

barcanista:

I also want Nigerians to know that contrary to the lies peddled by a section of pro-APC media, Rev Kukah never asked President Buhari not to probe Jonathan, neither did he plead on behalf of Jonathan. In fact, he made it clear that the committee was never contacted by former President Jonathan. He was blunt when he said this some days back..
“Anybody is free to come to our committee, but President Jonathan never by telephone or by any other means sought to see the committee."
(PremiumTimes, Aug 12, 2015)
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188241-jonathan-did-not-lobby-our-committee-to-stop-buharis-probe-kukah.html
[/b]

This is why it is potentially dangerous for a personality that has always been known to stand for the truth to get involved in "Stealing vs Corruption" or "Investigation vs Probe" debate which has no constitutional or legal lucidity.

barcanista:

Another twist to this is that some people are accusing the man of building his house with Jonathan's billion. The funny thing about this propaganda is that they couldn't tell "HOW" it was possible for Kukah to 'eat the billions' considering that Kukah never held ANY political appointment under Jonathan. Are we now saying that a man of stature like Rev Kukah is unable to tell his congregation to build such "not so flashy" edifice? We all know how Christians donate their life savings for 'God's' project. So why should a whole Bishop of Catholic church's own be different?
Nigerians need to rise up for Reverend Hassan Kukah and defend our democracy. Today, it is Kukah, tomorrow it may be YOU!
May God Bless Us All

To any unbiased observer you have just put a big question on Rev. Kukah's reputation as an upright Catholic Priest.

If your positions are correct then Rev. Kukah should expect more stains thrown in his ways from people who have been unawared of his more-than-modest riches all the while.

No reasonable Nigerian experiencing the global and local economic downturn will stick his neck for any rich Priest who has enmeshed himself in an unnecessary debate.

As a passing-shot everyone born of woman is fallible - catholic or otherwise. There are crimes everywhere even in the Vatican.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Candyrain(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2015
dearpreye:
And for those who are sentencing people without proven facts, when it's your turn to be lynched in the public without proven facts, may none speak for you.

God bless you, barcanista!

Hahahahahaha... Is that a curse, sir? grin
APC has never and will never want to hear an honest opinion. What a country!!!

Nicely written Barcanista.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by wapSmart(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2015
You will rant.
You will wail.
You will scream.
But none will dwell on your rant or wail.

You will be hurt.
You will feel like pulling a hair outta ya head.
You will feel like kicking yourself.
But why the stress now for you still have a journey of 4years.

It came crashing down on you on march 28.
You never expect it had turn that way.
You felt a big hammer crushing yah bones.
Sorry you will have to live with the reality.
The bridges were burned
Now it's your turn to cry

Cry me a river
Cry me a river
Cry me a river
Cry me a river

2 Likes

Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by Freelancer00(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2015
Its definitely not my business. If he's corrupt, tried and found guilty, he should be arrested.

But due to our religiousness, trying a priest is wrong.

Smh
Re: Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah... by dunkem21(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2015
poshstore:
Bishop Kukah should focus on winning souls for Christ.

Fr. Mbaka nko

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / Osinbajo And Aregbesola At The EP Summit In Abuja [Photos] / Multiple Blast Rocks Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.