Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Nigerian Recipes - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Recipes (348250 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Recipes by 9ja4eva: 4:45am On Mar 21, 2007
@Amaka

Which hotel u dey cook?Kidding.Nice thread oh.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by queent: 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2007
Hi

I would like to make Special Yam Pottage, but before I do I would like to know do I have to drain the water from the boiled yam before I add the fried tomatoes and pepper?

Thanks  smiley
Re: Nigerian Recipes by amaka1(f): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2007
queent:

Hi

I would like to make Special Yam Pottage, but before I do I would like to know do I have to drain the water from the boiled yam before I add the fried tomatoes and pepper?

Thanks smiley

hi queent

no you don't drain the water, as soon as the pot starts boiling, stir in the fried tomatoes and pepper.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by 9ja4eva: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2007
yeap
Re: Nigerian Recipes by queent: 9:29am On Mar 27, 2007
amaka1:

hi queent

no you don't drain the water, as soon as the pot starts boiling, stir in the fried tomatoes and pepper.

Hi amaka1

Thanks for replying back, do I fill the pot with a lot of water or little water. Because normally when I boil yam I put quite a bit, well another to cover the yam.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Everbright(f): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2007
Hi Amaka, I can see you're a good cook
Pls can you teach me how to make YAMARITA grin grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by BlackMamba(m): 1:49am On Mar 30, 2007
WOW, WOW, WOW. I'm blown away by the food here.

Amaka1,
I just fell in love with you. I'm sure you're getting tons of love from the guy that gets the privilege to eat your cooking. Bravo, nwanne mmadu!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by LiquidMind(m): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2007
smiley
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge25(f): 2:35am On Apr 01, 2007
Afang Soup, first time making it, it came out really nice cheesy (thanks for posting the recipe)

modified on 12/15/08
picture was removed because the administrators at Africanseer stole the picture and placed it on their site without getting proper permission from me the actual owner of the picture and they refuse to take it down.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by 9ja4eva: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2007
Its yummy.Looks good though.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge25(f): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2007
9ja4eva:

Its yummy.Looks good though.

thanks, atleast i can now say that i can cook more than stew grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2007
omoge25, how were you able to get the ingredient for the soup here?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge25(f): 3:18am On Apr 03, 2007
omoge:

omoge25, how were you able to get the ingredient for the soup here?

I went to the african store not to far away from me, I always go there but its to rent movies, I just asked the owner and he said yes we carry afang, and it was just my luck he had fresh frozen afang leaves. i used that and fresh spinach i bought at the asian grocery. The stock fish (Okporoko) i got that from my mother in dallas but i noticed you can get them at the african store also but they are pricey. Mostly i did my shopping at the african store, and walmart.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 3:27am On Apr 03, 2007
oh i see  smiley

am far away from any african store. the jamaican store where i do some of my grocery don't have afang leave. alright, one day be one day i go jam am  grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by kolajo(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2007
Amaka. That egusi is making my eyes red! That na correct food no be double quater and french fries
Re: Nigerian Recipes by skipo87(m): 3:22am On Apr 04, 2007
i must say, this is the sexiest and romantic thread on nairaland. it is giving me a hard on (just kidding)
Re: Nigerian Recipes by LiquidMind(m): 3:47am On Apr 05, 2007
let us eat sweet food until our stomach bust open  shocked  shocked   shocked
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tm4ever(f): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2007
hello guys,
am new here?
you are doing great work here.
please keep it up. wink
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tm4ever(f): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2007
hi queent,
why dont you just go ahead and ask amaka how you can prepare a special yam pottage instead of asking one by one
Re: Nigerian Recipes by szesze(f): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2007
HI. What if we can't find afang leaves, what can we use as a substitute and the soup will still taste as good?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by fofila: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2007
Amaka, welcome back sha.

I have a bone to pick with you though. How come you are not telling people these are not your recipes or your pictures? I know they are not. angry

It's great that you started the thread here on Nairaland, BUT at least don't let everyone think you deserve all the credit for someone else's work. Before posting other people's recipes and pics you should have a notice saying it's not yours and you got them from another thread on another site.

At least everyone has benefited by learning how to make our foods. Hopefully you change your approach in future and give due credit where it belongs. Good luck with the rest of the thread.

p.s. I don't care if I get flamed, but this kind of stuff really bugs me.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by 9ja4eva: 5:53am On Apr 25, 2007
LOL

Free her abeg.Shes trying
Re: Nigerian Recipes by fofila: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2007
LOL tongue
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
LOL  grin

fofila, that's true though, but sha people wan chop now you know. So madam gotta hurry to give them the recipe
do you want the Single ladies to be hungry? do you want marriages to be broken? not to talk of the sworn Bachy (bachelors) hungry no good o  grin

lol, joke apart sha  grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by 9ja4eva: 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2007
ewo roflmao
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge25(f): 5:08am On Apr 27, 2007
szesze:

HI. What if we can't find afang leaves, what can we use as a substitute and the soup will still taste as good?

afang is the same as ukazi or okazi, so you can use that if you find it.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by szesze(f): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2007
mmm, what is ukazi or okazi? see i'm from Malaysia. So not familiar with these ingredients.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by bigbumper(f): 12:20am On Apr 30, 2007
fofila:

I have a bone to pick with you though. How come you are not telling people these are not your recipes or your pictures? I know they are not. angry

It's great that you started the thread here on Nairaland, BUT at least don't let everyone think you deserve all the credit for someone else's work.  

. . . give due credit where it belongs.

p.s. I don't care if I get flamed, but this kind of stuff really bugs me.

Na wah o

Why the hullabaloo

So what if she has been getting all the credit from fellow nairalanders?

Did any of the 9165 people that viewed Amaka1's insightful and indispensable contribution, pay her in cash?

Did your man compare her cooking skills to the lack of yours
Re: Nigerian Recipes by labiran(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2007
Re: Nigerian Recipes by nosilla(f): 8:27am On May 02, 2007
Can anyone tell me the Egusi receipe which has spinach in, my partner keeps talking about how lovely this is, and I would really like to make this for him.

Many Thanks

nossillA xx
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dollyp1cute(f): 6:40pm On May 03, 2007
Does anyone know how to make ayamase stew or obe dudu like some call it?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by cabali(m): 10:54pm On May 05, 2007
Never heard of that. is it edible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.