Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25501 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Can't you see thats rhetorical? She is saying what you guys take as her reasons for leaving.

Tell you want if it's sex I know someone who left JW because he didn't give in to sex pressure from fellow Ladies. If you care to hear JW has the highest number of fornicators and adulterer. But that, is not the issue right now the issue here is my friend Mznelly has left that cult.And Yes, My Prayer was answered.

And bro if you don't want me to expose your hypocrisy I suggest you don't quote me again.Goodnight.
Lol , am not J.W but I got alot of respect for them . Unlike other so - called Christians , they remove those wicked one from their midst sharply .

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol , am not J.W but I got alot of respect for them . Unlike other so - called Christians , they remove those wicked one from their midst sharply .

Like people who refuse to fornicate or peeps who challenge their doctrines?

BTW I didn't say you were a JW did I?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

Sent.
Seen and replied.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Don't mind those people they are blind.....they can't see anything good in what you are saying or writing unless it is given to them as it was given to you to know. They are spiritual blind and that is why their sins remain.

Rubbish !

How are they spiritual blind ? Lol , bcoz they dont belive in the mythical pagan trinity , the monster concept of hellfire or the ghost myth of an immortal soul.

You gat no point man
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Jozzy4:

Rubbish !

How are they spiritual blind ? Lol , bcoz they dont belive in the mythical pagan trinity , the monster concept of hellfire or the ghost myth of an immortal soul.

You gat no point man
Did i mention any doctrine or beliefs? I only said they are Spiritually blind.And you go on listing doctrines and beliefs guess your conscience won't let you be. Anyway to save you from exposing yourself any further I agree I don't have any point. Now if you don't mind you can get off my mention.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

But the fact remains you're not slaving for God.

You're slaving for the faithful and discreet slave---humans like you and I; who've made false prophecies, despite being led by "God's Spirit."

You called them humans and you called them prophets... Pick one first.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

Mznelly, my first crush who disappeared into thin air and stroke a blade through my heart, is that what you came back with?
This post struck a chord. Calm and polite response.

MzNelly, our dear friend, what went wrong?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

Lol.....that face was funny...u don't like fried earthworms? grin It's a favourite meal for some. cheesy

**modified**
wow! is that my favourite poetry star....firestar when are going to teach me poetry?
Waiting for her response too grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

You called them humans and you called them prophets... Pick one first.

They did prophesy the end of the world.

OmolodMilkman93:

I stopped being afraid to use my brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

But the fact remains you're not slaving for God.

You're slaving for the faithful and discreet slave---humans like you and I; who've made false prophecies, despite being led by "God's Spirit."

Faithful and discreet slave wey I no even sabi their name. Can u compare it to those who pray in the name of their pastor's Gods. Or who use their pictures as dp and all that? Who quote words from their books as motivation. My sister, u don't even have what to say. Sometimes I reason on the biblical instructions the 'slave' gives and I ask, what's in for them, what's their benefit? And the answer is nothing! If they urge u not visit a particular site or dress a particular way, who benefits, u or them? How does it make them the richest pastors in the world?

If u ain't comfortable with the lifestyle of being a witness, just quietly leave. Many witnesses were once members of other churches. I don't think they open threads and start saying unreasonable things about those churches! Or maybe they stopped "using their brains"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
OmolodMilkman93:

Lolz....u r funny....grin She knows she was my first nairaland crush

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
vfactor:

Faithful and discreet slave wey I no even sabi their name. Can u compare it to those who pray in the name of their pastor's Gods. Or who use their pictures as dp and all that? Who quote words from their books as motivation. My sister, u don't even have what to say. Sometimes I reason on the biblication instructions the 'slave' gives and I ask, what's in for them, what's their benefit? And the answer is nothing! If they urge u not visit a particular site or dress a particular way, who benefits, u or them? How does it make them the richest pastors in the world?

If u ain't comfortable with the lifestyle of being a witness, just quietly leave. Many witnesses were once members of other churches. I don't think they open threads and start saying unreasonable things about those churches! Or maybe they stopped "using their brains"

You're still viewing this thread?

My brother, if it bothers you so much, you don't have to come back here; much less, writing me an epistle.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
OmolodMilkman93:
Waiting for her response too grin

firestar, we are two now o....She thinks am joking, but am serious... I tpok the stress and time to read through the whole pages of their poetry class which is almost died now, so I couldn't indicate interest.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
vfactor:

Faithful and discreet slave wey I no even sabi their name. Can u compare it to those who pray in the name of their pastor's Gods. Or who use their pictures as dp and all that? Who quote words from their books as motivation. My sister, u don't even have what to say. Sometimes I reason on the biblication instructions the 'slave' gives and I ask, what's in for them, what's their benefit? And the answer is nothing! If they urge u not visit a particular site or dress a particular way, who benefits, u or them? How does it make them the richest pastors in the world?

What an excellently polished piece of crap.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:

which part?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:

At least u know something that's exellenctly polished! Whether u are able to identify crap, remains to be seen

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
vfactor:

At least u know something that's exellenctly polished! Whether u are able to identify crap, remains to be seen
My brother continue with your naveity God help you with it
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

which part?
Comparing fellowships.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

You're still viewing this thread?

My brother, if it bothers you so much, you don't have to come back here; much less, writing me an epistle.

Unfortunately I follow someone who comments on ur thread, and each time he mentions u, I get to know. The only part that bothers me a little when u, who claim to have an open mind, make statements that are as narrow minded as narrow!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
starlingslimnet:
My brother continue with your naveity God help you with it

And u too my brother!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

They did prophesy the end of the world.

I stopped being afraid to use my brain.
Have you heard of the faithful and discreet slave being disfellowshipped before?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
That I am dissatisfied with some aspects of their worship doesn't make them agents of Satan. Everybody deserves a fair chance.

I, however, MzNelly Nicolson III is done with this religion, for reasons best known to me.
No further probing and questions will be entertained.

That's all for tonight, spectators. cheesy

Goodnight.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good night dear!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
vfactor:

Same here, if u ask me their names, ill just be scratching my head .

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Sunnystooth(m): 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm, MzNelly this your signature is interesting oh... I still dont get the second part... Do you mind explaining it to me?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Sunnystooth:
Hmmm, MzNelly this your signature is interesting oh... I still dont get the second part... Do you mind explaining it to me?

It means it's id1otic to let go of something you love.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Sunnystooth(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzNelly:

It means it's id1otic to let go of something you love.
Oh! Okay! Now i get. Thanks for explaining. It sounded so funny to me that i could'nt help but laughed out crazily here when i first read it... Nice signature though.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Oh! Okay! Now i get. Thanks for explaining. It sounded so funny to me that i could'nt help but laughed out crazily here when i first read it... Nice signature though.

Thanks, lol cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Can't you see thats rhetorical? She is saying what you guys take as her reasons for leaving.

Tell you want if it's sex I know someone who left JW because he didn't give in to sex pressure from fellow Ladies. If you care to hear JW has the highest number of fornicators and adulterer. But that, is not the issue right now the issue here is my friend Mznelly has left that cult.And Yes, My Prayer was answered.

And bro if you don't want me to expose your hypocrisy I suggest you don't quote me again.Goodnight.

I hate it when people just go ahead and make assertions of an opinion as if it were fact. What statistics did you base the bolded on?

Anyway, just to chip in my own here, I understand that OP has more experience with JW than I do and has experienced things I haven't, but I must say that I have found JW to be one of the most logical and reasonable religious sects I have encountered.

I'd advise reasonable people on here to try and review their arguments from a logical standpoint before passing judgement based on the opinions of people with obvious bias.

P. S. I am not a JW.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 28, 2015
koonbey:

I hate it when people just go ahead and make assertions of an opinion as if it were fact. What statistics did you base the bolded on?

Anyway, just to chip in my own here, I understand that OP has more experience with JW than I do and has experienced things I haven't, but I must say that I have found JW to be one of the most logical and reasonable religious sects I have encountered.

I'd advise reasonable people on here to try and review their arguments from a logical standpoint before passing judgement based on the opinions of people with obvious bias.

P. S. I am not a JW.
Who cares wether you a JW or not. Logical and reasonable satisfying human understanding of Law of mathematics? Passing judgment? who does that or who have the power to?

As for my Statement i
it's a clean fact.

BTW I am a Christain.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by firestar(f): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

firestar, we are two now o....She thinks am joking, but am serious... I tpok the stress and time to read through the whole pages of their poetry class which is almost died now, so I couldn't indicate interest.

Send me a PM.
There's a poetry class currently on WhatsApp:
Nairaland Poetry Club.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
To Mznelly
This is just an Advice.

I followed you on nairaland because I noticed even without you mentioning that you have a soft spot for JW's. However, its not so much a suprise that u were brought up as a JW.

So you woke up on day and decided that u'll quit being in the religion of your parents, that u'll quit the faith which your loving parents brought u up with? Well, it happens sometimes, u're not the first and neither will you be last. If what u've done wasn't recorded as something that will happen in this time, I may have been deeply puzzled.

I notice u still have some respect for JWs, but u made quite some remarks that indicates u didn't quite understand certain bible injunctions and how they are applied.

I have 3 points to make:

1. This world under satan's control(1john 5:19)says: "you can be whatever you want", the world promotes an independent spirit by kicking against any kind of restraint. Many are influenced by this way of thinking that's why today, they disregard the moral and spiritual boudaries established by God. This independent spirit satan promotes today was what led to the sin in Eden. Satan sowed the seed of independence from God and Eve nutured it. His methods havnt changed.

The whole congregation thing(as set out by JW) is not a mind control as some today say. It is a pattern set by the first century christians - Acts 15:6-29, 21:17-19. Jehovah blessed this pattern, so we apply it today.

We're affected to some degree by the world around us, but we shouldn't let the independent spirit of this world to overreach us. Fact is we must be under God's Authority and follow his arrangement if we want to please him, and not having a free mind or free thinking - that leads to self indulgence and greed. It certainly dsnt result in pleasin God.

2. Everyone studying the bible has to ask questions at some point. Answers must only be sourced from the Bible, not from other sources. Paul cautioned christians to be careful so as not to be carried away by the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men - col 2:8. Like an inflated balloon, the wisdom(thinking) of this world has an appearance of solidity, but there is not substance to it. It would be futile, even disastrous, to base one's choice of right and wrong on something as insubstantial as the wisdom of this world.

If you have issues with certain bible truths, consult with more experienced ones in the congregation, do personal bible research and reading, pray to Jehovah, have patience. Jehovah blesses such efforts.

3. The mistake you can make is to turn to any Apostate for guidiance. They will nuture the seed of independence in your heart - Independence from God.
Life is always better being on Jehovah's side(I write this from experience).

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.