Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? (1607 Views)

South African Man Refuses To Give His Roommate & Girlfriend Privacy / What Does Respect Mean To You? / Why Do My Neighbor Respect My Younger Brother Than Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by aalangel(f): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
When a wife tells a husband or husband tells wife, "please respect my privacy" don't go through my phone, my stuff....Is it right, given the fact that they are married.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by agarawu23(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
yea it is
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Cadamlk: 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
People that have skeleton in their cupboard always say that.

2 Likes

Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by agarawu23(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
People that have skeleton in their cupboard always say that.
not all
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Jhenny(f): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
everyone is entitled to his or her privacy. We are married,i know but dont go snooping around eg my fone. As a person,i love my privacy,i adore it so hubby must understand.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by SUGARBEE(f): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Marriage doesn't give my partner any right to snoop through my phone at all.. No no
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by bqlekan(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
I think it does if you want a long lasting marriage.

1 Like

Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Cadamlk: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
agarawu23:
not all
If you tell me to respect your privacy as a woman,i'll assume you are hiding something and will in turn boost my curiosity.For husband and wife,that statement should be out of context
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by agarawu23(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
If you tell me to respect your privacy ad a woman,i'll assume you are hiding something and will in turn boost my curiosity.For husband and wife,that statement should be out of context
if the husband says she should stay off his phone doesn't mean he is a cheat or something (tho some are).

My phone is for my private use.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by gabazin080(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Only cheats still keeps things private even in marriage
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by tpiander: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
this is the second thread opened by a female moniker, in as many weeks, to ask wives to stay off their husband's phone.

awon alagbere.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Cadamlk: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
agarawu23:
if the husband says she should stay off his phone doesn't mean he is a cheat or something (tho some are).

My phone is for my private use.
I leave mine.She has all the time to do whatever she likes with it.So the issue of hiding and checking my phone is eliminated.Let all of us be sincere with ourselves,can you really stay with someone(partner) for years and ignore his or her phone over years?
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by donholy28(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Yes it is important, it shows that u trust each other and checking d phone means u don't trust d person and ur hoping to find something to prove it...then breakup
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by donholy28(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
I leave mine.She has all the time to do whatever she likes with it.So the issue of hiding and checking my phone is eliminated.Let all of us be sincere with ourselves,can you really stay with someone(partner) for years and ignore his or her phone over years?
what if ur wife is a pro like me in hiding files?

1 Like

Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by agarawu23(m): 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
let me give you a short story.

a man applied for a job at a particular time but he wasn't lucky to get the job. so after some months, the company called the man for another vacant since he was turn down the first time but his phone was with his wife. so the wife later picked the call to know who was talking unfortunately it was the Secretary of the company that called the man but merely hearing the voice of a Lady on the phone, the wife started abusing the lady calling her husband snatcher without waiting to hear from the Lady.

The man later went tru his phone and saw received call so he called the number back just to know who called but the lady(Secretary) asked him to come their company.

to cut the story short, the manager told him to caution his wife and ask her to stay off his phone cos your mobile phone is meant for only you and no other person. imagine if the man was unlucky, he will definitely lose the job again. this is a story that happened within my neighborhood.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Cadamlk: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
donholy28:
what if ur wife is a pro like me in hiding files?
You got me laughing......But everyday for the thief one day for the owner
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by donholy28(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
You got me laughing......But everyday for the thief one day for the owner
which one be thief? smart phones re now advanced
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Cadamlk: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
agarawu23:

a man applied for a job at a particular time but he wasn't lucky to get the job. so after some months, the company called the man for another vacant since he was turn down the first time but his phone was with his wife. so the wife later picked the call to know who was talking unfortunately it was the Secretary of the company that called the man but merely hearing the voice of a Lady on the phone, the wife started abusing the lady calling her husband snatcher without waiting to hear from the Lady.

The man later went tru his phone and saw received call so he called the number back just to know who called but the lady(Secretary) asked him to come their company.

to cut the story short, the manager told him to caution his wife and ask her to stay off his phone cos your mobile phone is meant for only you and no other person. imagine if the man was unlucky, he will definitely lose the job again. this is a story that happened within my neighborhood.

I've heard the story too.........Can a patient woman do that?
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by jmoore(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
If you are already having sex with someone, there's nothing like privacy again.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Cadamlk: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
donholy28:
which one be thief? smart phones re now advanced
What if ur partner is smarter than the so called smartphones
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by agarawu23(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
I've heard the story too.........Can a patient woman do that?
OK another one.

two friends planned to attend a party at night so the appointment and time was fixed already but when it was time, for the party, Mr A was very weak and tired so he made up his mind not to go to the party anymore but he didn't inform his friend.

so when it was time, Mr A was asleep already since he was tired so Mr B started calling his phone so that they could meet up.

The wife picked the phone and inform Mr B that her husband is asleep already. Mr B was very angry that why will Mr A give his wife phone to lie to him that he is asleep when they already had and agreement to meet.

Mr A tried to explain to Mr B the next day but Mr B didn't listen since the phone his meant for his private use therefore it was and agreement between him and his wife. that's how the friendship ended
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by donholy28(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cadamlk:
What if ur partner is smarter than the so called smartphones
when i hide a file..even wizard can't find it
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by MRBrownJ: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
anyone expecting to have their own privacy should live in a house on their own, and probably NEVER have kids!

agarawu23:

having a crazy jealous wife has absolutely nothing to do with the subject... if a woman is willing to abuse any female that calls her partner's phone, without prior checking who she is, then that woman need to be locked up in a mental institution. but hey, since your phone can be answered EVEN WHEN IT IS LOCKED, then this example is flawed.

agarawu23:
OK another one.
two friends planned to attend a party at night so the appointment and time was fixed already but when it was time, for the party, Mr A was very weak and tired so he made up his mind not to go to the party anymore but he didn't inform his friend.
so when it was time, Mr A was asleep already since he was tired so Mr B started calling his phone so that they could meet up.
The wife picked the phone and inform Mr B that her husband is asleep already. Mr B was very angry that why will Mr A give his wife phone to lie to him that he is asleep when they already had and agreement to meet.
Mr A tried to explain to Mr B the next day but Mr B didn't listen since the phone his meant for his private use therefore it was and agreement between him and his wife. that's how the friendship ended

MR A made an error and should have contacted his friend to advise him of his change of plans.

1 Like

Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by aalangel(f): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
agarawu23:
OK another one.

Ha!! That was harsh.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Johnnoah1st: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
seriously i would like to marry a girl am so confidence in her dat i can let her knw all my privacy, but i dont tink such girl exist hence u have to limit wat she can knw about ur PRIVACY.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by MRBrownJ: 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
seriously i would like to marry a girl am so confidence in her dat i can let her knw all my privacy, but i dont tink such girl exist hence u have to limit wat she can knw about ur PRIVACY.

instead, you should limit what you want in life while removing "having a happy family" from such list
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Johnnoah1st: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
MRBrownJ:

instead, you should limit what you want in life while removing "having a happy family" from such list
i dont understand wat u mean.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
I think the most important thing is to build a trust level so high that you would be very surprised if your spouse should have any reason to go through your phone

That aside*

I believe as humans we all need our privacy, even in marriages. But this privacy thing shouldn't be misused. I don't think I would like it if my wife should go through my phone or laptop everytime I get home back from work. And am very sure she wouldn't like me doing same.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by Johnnoah1st: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
SUGARBEE:
Marriage doesn't give my partner any right to snoop through my phone at all.. No no
though i dont like breaching someone else privacy but if i married u and cant check ur phone, trust me we can last a month in dat marriage.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by MRBrownJ: 12:52am On Aug 28, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
i dont understand wat u mean.

if you are not ready and willing to fully be open and lose any privacy you may "think" you presently have, then there is no reason for you to get married or remotely think of starting a family.
Re: Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? by MrsChima(f): 3:57am On Aug 28, 2015
I don't go through my husband's phone and he doesn't go through my phone. Even if we SHARE EVERYTHING and put everything in the open still won't keep a spouse from cheating or leaving.

Do what works for your relationship and don't design your marriage off what others do in their marriages...you will definitely be unhappily married.

Trust your partner and pray that your partner has respect for you and his or her marriage....that is what going to keep your marriage strong....xommunication, trust, and respect not access to a phone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Getting Married In Weeks, I Have A Son, Is It Important I Tell Her Now Or After? / Am Confuse .... Please Help / I’m Unsatisfied! My Husby Comes Too Quickly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.