Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) (19840 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To Yvonne Khamati, Kenyan Ambassador To Somalia / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
No be the proposal I dey do so? cheesy
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

KM & Muay Thai are the most effective martial art forms in real life situations to me. Taekwando focuses too much on high kicks, & I don't fancy the movements. there are no grappling & solid blocking techniques unlike the likes of Wing-Chun & Jeet Kune Do

I'm surprised you don't know Ziggies though... shocked

Hehe. I agree with you. Though, you should know that grappling techniques were always a part of the original TKD, but everything changed when TKD masters started to focus more on the sport phase of it than they did on the martial arts phase of it. You should also know that a few months in a TKD gym sure might not teach you how to disarm a weapon-wielding attacker, but it sure will get you equipped with some of the most basic elements that can never be ignored in a real life fight, and those are speed, a killer footwork, and flexibility.

I agree also that TKD never encourages solid blocks, and that's because TKD philosophy preaches a reliance on evasive fighting techniques which when mastered prove to be more effective than the MT style of solid blocks. Western Boxing has so much of evasive techniques in it too.

It is a known fact, though, that being skilled in TKD alone might not hold up in an ultra-hard core real-life fight, but being skilled in TKD offers for free some of the most basic basics of turning victorious in a real-life fight. That's why you'll find out that many of the living most-hard-core fighters at least have a junior black belt in TKD. Take a look at Donnie Yen and John Makdessi.

I think you should check some of the kicking tutorials of a TKD guy named GingerNinjaTrickster on Youtube. Your view about TKD should change. tongue

Joining a TKD club is also a great way to spend more time doing exercises....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
llaykorn:

Hehe. I agree with you. Though, you should know that grappling techniques were always a part of the original TKD, but everything changed when TKD masters started to focus more on the sport phase of it than they did on the martial arts phase of it. You should also know that a few months in a TKD gym sure might not teach you how to disarm a weapon-wielding attacker, but it sure will get you equipped with some of the most basic elements that can never be ignored in a real life fight, and those are speed, a killer footwork, and flexibility.

I agree also that TKD never encourages solid blocks, and that's because TKD philosophy preaches a reliance on evasive fighting techniques which when mastered prove to be more effective than the MT style of solid blocks. Western Boxing has so much of evasive techniques in it too

true, but I still don't dig the style. its only strongest points are speed & brilliant footwork. it lacks power & punching techniques.
an Oshodi hooligan who has some form of skill in boxing can still stand toe to toe with a veteran in TKD.. proves how ineffective the art is in real life situations, & of what use is learning something that can't be applied in reality?

llaykorn:

It is a known fact, though, that being skilled in TKD alone might not hold up in an ultra-hard core real-life fight, but being skilled in TKD offers for free some of the most basic basics of turning victorious in a real-life fight. That's why you'll find out that many of the living most-hard-core fighters at least have a junior black belt in TKD. Take a look at Donnie Yen and John Makdessi[/b][/b]

how the hell did Donnie Yen cop a black belt in TKD? shocked & I thought the Chinese were so full of themselves, & would never learn the martial arts of other countries.they wouldn't even teach foreigners, which was why the likes of Bruce Lee were blackballed

llaykorn:

I think you should check some of the kicking tutorials of a TKD guy named GingerNinjaTrickster on Youtube. Your view about TKD should change. tongue
Joining a TKD club is also a great way to spend more time doing exercises...

I've watched several videos on YouTube on different martial arts, & a lot of live fights on UFC, & none of the TKD fighters impressed me.but thanks anyway

& in case you don't know, most TKD fighters lose terribly against Muay Thai or MMA[Mixed Martial Arts]fighters in UFC...

here's a TKD vet getting bludgeoned by a low-tier Muay Thai fighter.
do you know Anderson Silva?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irfXUqHXpm8
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

true, but I still don't dig the style. its only strongest points are speed & brilliant footwork. it lacks power & punching techniques.
an Oshodi hooligan who has some form of skill in boxing can still stand toe to toe with a veteran in TKD.. proves how ineffective the art is in real life situations, & of what use is learning something that can't be applied in reality?

Hehe. I believe it is the height of folly to rely on one's skill in TKD alone in real-life fights, too. But what I'm saying is that, a basic knowledge of TKD techs would help in whatever art you decide to practice along with it. It is almost the only martial art that cares so much about your footwork and your speed. TKD should be practiced along whatever art you wish to practice; it really would help. It's this fact many of those top UFC fighters know that made them take classes in TKD, especially the Westerners among them.

how the hell did Donnie Yen cop a black belt in TKD? shocked & I thought the Chinese were so full of themselves, & would never learn the martial arts of other countries.they wouldn't even teach foreigners, which was why the likes of Bruce Lee were blackballed

Hhhahaha. He knew how much it would help his ministry. tongue

I've watched several videos on YouTube on different martial arts, & a lot of live fights on UFC, & none of the TKD fighters impressed me.but thanks anyway

& in case you don't know, most TKD fighters lose terribly against Muay Thai or MMA[Mixed Martial Arts]fighters in UFC...

Yeah, yeah, people who rely solely on TKD techs are sure to lose, but people who combine with some other art are never to be compared with those who have no idea what TKD is. This is my philosophy: a knowledge of TKD alone is not enough to win you a hard-core fight, but it sure would help if you take some other art along with it. That's why I take kick-boxing classes, and practice MMA techs by myself in addition to a junior black in WTF TKD... tongue

More simply put, a fighter with speed and a brilliant footwork, but no power might never win a fight against a powerful fighter who has no speed and doesn't have a correct footwork, but a fighter with speed, power, and a brilliant footwork would sure in a minute destroy the typical powerful MT fighter who doesn't even know that how to correctly place his feet in a fight.

^^^ That boy up there is a disgrace to ITF TKD. Hehe. Besides, remember that's a clip of the final; he probably had some MT fighters or Kick-boxers crushed on his way down there. tongue

1 Like

Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Darkenedrebel, you wanted to say something about Silva.
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
llaykorn:
Darkenedrebel, you wanted to say something about Silva.

I just wanted to know if you have heard of him..he's a UFC fighter
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Sunbellar: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Aha! good girl - oya go play for outside ,adults are talking. tongue

Bad boy! That girl get bad mouth wella!
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

I just wanted to know if you have heard of him..he's a UFC fighter

Yeah, a UFC fighter who owns a 5th Dan TKD black belt. smiley
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
llaykorn:

Yeah, a UFC fighter who owns a 5th Dan TKD black belt. smiley

cool...cos majority of people in naija don't watch or know these things.
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Caracta(f): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

the western boxing wasn't a joke, I practice that personally, & sometimes at Ziggies on weekends.
I'm sure you know Ziggies in magodo phase II

the Krav Maga was also learnt through self-training & by watching YouTube tutorials

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Caracta(f): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
grayline:

kunmi undecided

Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

Hhaha. They prefer some miserably scripted WWE. That show makes wanna me cry sometimes.. cheesy
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
llaykorn:

Hhaha. They prefer some miserably scripted WWE. That show makes wanna me cry sometimes.. cheesy

WWE is like a staged movie.... it can be interesting to watch sometimes though

Caracta:

shocked shocked shocked

you know there?
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

you know there?

Hehe. WWE fights are staged movies; they aren't just like 'em. cheesy

Ziggies is a hotel in Magodo, innit?
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Caracta(f): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

you know there?

If you are a regular, then we must have met. That's my hood.
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
Caracta:

If you are a regular, then we must have met. That's my hood.

really? wow..same here grin
yes, we must have met..maybe
Opposite GrandView- Parker's Close[beside SEF] is where I'm usually holed up whenever I visit home. how about you?
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
llaykorn:

Hehe. WWE fights are staged movies; they aren't just like 'em. cheesy

Ziggies is a hotel in Magodo, innit?

it's not just a hotel..it's more like the Shoprite of Magodo. there's a gymnasium, multipurpose hall, swimming pool, a club & some other side attractions in it...
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by zicoraads: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
Funny thread! Congratulations Caracta cheesy
I guess you are 'finally off the market' embarassed
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by sinizia: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

omo, the Muay Thai fighter is wicked. See deadly knockout punches. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Truckpusher(m): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
See as this my yeye thread dun hit 10 pages - Even insightful threads with loads of knowledge would be boycotted and treated with little importance.

This goes a long way to show that humans are no longer too serious with serious things but only serious with things they can jeer at and laugh away all their too many sorrows in this one lifetime....smh

Human nature indeed is too dynamic.

1 Like

Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by ryanfletcher: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Call me toda
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

I used to watch UFC fights, but mostly the big guys, Overeem, Hadr, . How's Anderson Silva these days? Figured he would retire after he broke that leg.
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by llaykorn: 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
darkenedrebel:

it's not just a hotel..it's more like the Shoprite of Magodo. there's a gymnasium, multipurpose hall, swimming pool, a club & some other side attractions in it...

.....Cos I'm just a country boy, money have I none.... cheesy
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
BoboYekini:
I used to watch UFC fights, but mostly the big guys, Overeem, Hadr, . How's Anderson Silva these days? Figured he would retire after he broke that leg.

he hasn't fought since his duel with Nick Diaz, which was in January.
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
sinizia:

omo, the Muay Thai fighter is wicked. See deadly knockout punches. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Muay Thai fighters are very deadly, have you not seen Ong Bak by Tony Jaa?

the TKD dude was just kicking aimlessly with no effect, while burning up energy at the same time. he's a real amateur...
just one haymaker connected with his jaw & he collapsed like a sack of potatoes...

check this one out .
Muay Thai vs Kung Fu...
the name of the Muay Thai fighter is Saenchai- one of the best currently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXbyTW4kQfM
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by pbs4real(m): 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
cherryice:
wink
can u borrow me for one day? cheesy oops! To selfish ryt?
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by farano(f): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Obinoscopy:
I don't share punny with anyone. Medical reasons only wink.
*peeps* How's prep? cool
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Obinoscopy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
farano:
*peeps* How's prep? cool
It's going smoothly. How's yours?
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by farano(f): 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
Obinoscopy:
It's going smoothly. How's yours?
Same here darling... Success smiley
Re: Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) by Obinoscopy(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
farano:
Same here darling... Success smiley
Thanks sweetheart. I wish you the very same, and more smiley.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sexxx / See The Reason Why Most Romanceland Ladies Are Very Rude And Disrespectful / I Am After His Money And He's After My "Assets"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.