Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,234 members, 7,849,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (45411 Views)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously though, I am yet to understand your stand, so let's get that straight now.

Are you saying it is fair that a man takes as many women as he wants and getting away with some things, with women not having that same right?
The highlighted is the way it is already legally and with common sense.What I'm saying is simple that women shouldn't be fighting it through the backdoor which usually backfires and they'd still be at the receiving end - This is just to buttress my point on a particular topic where I clearly stated that women do not have the right to sleep around like men do to get even and that men can't be called 'cheats' in a society where polygamy is a right and culturally upheld even by the high and mighty. cheesy
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Vikky014(f): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Olaone1:

I understand you jare. I need ME a bouncy one tongue
lol. dt u will marry right
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Olaone1: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Vikky014:
lol. dt u will marry right
Well, no problem. If the womenfolk won't frown upon it. tongue
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Oahray: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
An 18 year old can go to jail. She's no child.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Vikky014(f): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
Olaone1:
Well, no problem. If the womenfolk won't frown upon it.
ok.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
The highlighted is the way it is already legally and with common sense.What I'm saying is simple that women shouldn't be fighting it through the backdoor which usually backfires and they'd still be at the receiving end - This is just to buttress my point on a particular topic where I clearly stated that women do not have the right to sleep around like men do to get even and that men can't be called 'cheats' in a society where polygamy is a right and culturally upheld even by the high and mighty. cheesy
You didn't answer the question. Is it fair? Forget how it's being fought and what not.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
2dillu2:
do you have a boyfriend and are you still a virgin be sincere please
ask google abeg
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ajgal10:

This isnt Needed Human Being.You cannot be so sure who is holy,we need people that have a personal Relationship with God and Not Religious people.Anyway...Calm Down.
You're a gal, i respect y'all, don't make yourself an exception.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Progress2468(m): 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
hamzeiy:
as for you....lol..ds guy funny...who d hell are you and why do you think your opinion matters sef....you can go to hell with wat you think or believe...we love our way of life nd faith...nd pple like you dont matter...*they have been lashing b4 now*.. mumu...do you think he is a christain...we dont lash b4 marriage..dts y we marry early..nd we are proud of that.....christains should know there is alot in marriage than sex....get your corrupted minds nd belief out of our way....we dont care. about your taught....fuc.king assh.oles

A mumu has spoken, continue
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
mustiiz:

Hmmmm.. Dis is a very good point u shud have just said in stage one is d one u nw sayin in stage 2.. I agree with u now... Can we be fwends
lol@ stage1 and stage 2.
We cool
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
You didn't answer the question. Is it fair? Forget how it's being fought and what not.

There is no judgement here ,it is crystal clear that the culture and the way of life of the people accepts it that way and any woman caught doing it will only incur the wrath of the gods and the people. grin grin cheesy

With the above statement I hereby declare it fair,right and justified until any law of the land says otherwise - Bite me if you can. tongue
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ramalot(m): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mogidi:
55yr old man marrying a teenager, you need your head examined if you don't see anything wrong with it.

Picture of the quirky man supporting Emir Sanusi.

An 18 year old is an adult. If you can't comprehend that, then you need your head examined.

Whether she marries a 19 year old or a 99 year becomes inconsequential at that threshold. Provided the marriage has her consent.
She IS old enough to consent.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Laid2001: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
I am a southerner and I dont see anything wrong with the marriage os SLS to this WOMAN.

And yes I will allow my daughter to get marry at 18, with her consent, if she finds love at that age.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
Interestingly enough, I used to wonder, what made the Romans so warlike and conquerable? I realized that their gods made them so, or their religion.

In Lamido's case, it is cultural in Islam, hence most Moslems.

It is the philosophy of a religion that should be looked into.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by YUSUPH1986(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
989900:
I'll take sides with the emir when he allows his own daughter to be 4th wife to a 54 year old man @ 18.

Untill then . . .

OTOH, It looks like further reason why BH don't think the Chibok girls should be in school.
i know where u ar coming from, religion angle? Yes. Then u've got to rethink. The emir action has both islamic and legal justification. Thanks
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by alawaiss(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
Y ar diz ppl tryn 2 play gamez wit our rlgion( Islam?) Does maryin 18yr old cntrdict ur so call cnstition? Normz nd values? Islam iz d total way of our lyf. U ar also fre 2 practiz wateva suits u witout dscrimination. Cux islam embraz everone. Y Alwz Muslimz nd Islam?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
There is no judgement here ,it is crystal clear that the culture and the way of life of the people accepts it that way and any woman caught doing it will only incur the wrath of the gods and the people. grin grin cheesy

With the above statement I hereby declare it fair,right and justified until any law of the land says otherwise - Bite me if you can. tongue
Okay then, I was right all along.

I must say though, it was imposed and seriously not accepted by many, so don't go talking like the women speaking against such are crazy or unreasonable.

Cultures change all the time, incase you don't know sha.

I'm starting to not like you all over again and that breaks my heart.cry
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay then, I was right all along.

I must say though, it was imposed and seriously not accepted by many, so don't go talking like the women speaking against such are crazy or unreasonable.

Cultures change all the time, incase you don't know sha.

I'm starting to not like you all over again and that breaks my heart.cry
Lol, I'm a realist and that doesn't mean that I would run with that .

I never collect one get peace of mind , na two? undecided grin

Don't be heartbroken - I will break them myself in the most romantic way ever even as you come across to me as an unromantic fellow. cheesy

The highlighted is so true - I remembered my granny always sarcastically referring my granpa to his second wife who was no longer with them to the very end and I know the stories too but unfortunately there are women today who do not give a rat ass being a concubine or a mistress to rich men even poor men and it's difficult to eradicate a culturally induced ideology when a house is divided over it.

Will you follow me now, at least you've woman wrapped me so badly . cheesy grin
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by deymolar(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Gadaffii:
If you are an 18 years old girl and you are a virgin this days, it means Oyedepo is your father.

Must u bring Oyedepo into dis? May God 4giv u!!
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by JuanDeDios: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.
Thank you for this sensible post.

I don't know why people are so worked up. 18 is an ideal age for marriage. In the UK you can get married at 16 if your parents consent to it and at 18 without parental consent.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by soulhighman(m): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.
Got bless ur brain
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, I'm a realist and that doesn't mean that I would run with that .

I never collect one get peace of mind , na two? undecided grin

Don't be heartbroken - I will break them myself in the most romantic way ever even as you come across to me as an unromantic fellow. cheesy

The highlighted is so true - I remembered my granny always sarcastically referring my granpa to his second wife who was no longer with them to the very end and I know the stories too but unfortunately there are women today who do not give a rat ass being a concubine or a mistress to rich men even poor men and it's difficult to eradicate a culturally induced ideology when a house is divided over it.

Will you follow me now, at least you've woman wrapped me so badly . cheesy grin
*Heaves a sigh of relief.*cheesy

I'm cancerian, are you sure you wanna mess with that?tongue

You are right about so many women being cool with being side chicks but I still won't totally blame them, there's so much work to be done, the men just need to atleast aknowledge that the culture is unfair, even that is a start.

I won't follow you, I can never be a side bish and I don't share.tonguegrin
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by 989900: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
YUSUPH1986:
i know where u ar coming from, religion angle? Yes. Then u've got to rethink. The emir action has both islamic and legal justification. Thanks

No doubt he is religiously and legally right.

While some things are not even morally wrong, it makes you come off as amoral. That I rightfully can, does not necessarily translate to I will/should.

Like I said earlier, I will understand and respect his non-hypocrisy, once he happily, 'islamically' ,and 'legally'gives his 18 year old daughter's hand in marriage as 4th wife to a 54 year old.

That aside, it subliminally strenghtens BH's lust for underage girls -- he should know better -- prices you pay for being a leader by example.

I'm a big fan of him BTW.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Bnladan(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
Its not a suprise wen ppl attack SLS and northerners because of dis. Frm d tweets, it can be concluded dat d fools are not jst sad because his eminence SLS married an 18yr old bt also because of dia hate for north and northerners. If d idiots dnt knw d age @ which one is regarded 2 be an adult, dey shud luk @ dia 18yr old sisters nd daughters. Is marrying an 18yr old a crime or raping a 9yr old? Hw many under 20s are having sugar daddys dat are above 60 or 70yrs? At wat age did dia mothers got married 2 dia fathers? Is it a crime 2 get married 2 an 18yr old in d so called civilised nations? Lastly and most important, @ is dia any scripture dat forbids marryn an 18yr old?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by mustiiz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
ahsekeena:
lol@ stage1 and stage 2.
We cool

Thanks.. Bt plss just one tin . Winks .. It aint proper for mature minds talkin here via "quote" plss just a requst nd wuld be happy if u dnt turn me down.. Can u plss send to me ur pin or if u feel odas wuld see it plss can u add me up den. 29B63402 . Thanks
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
*Heaves a sigh of relief.*cheesy

I'm cancerian, are you sure you wanna mess with that?tongue

You are right about so many women being cool with being side chicks but I still won't totally blame them, there's so much work to be done, the men just need to atleast aknowledge that the culture is unfair, even that is a start.

I won't follow you, I can never be a side bish and I don't share.tonguegrin
There is so much work to be done and people are already doing it but in all the wrong places and this is what I have been saying all along - When you want a shift in cultural paradigm that has favored one section of the people , you have to be focused and decisive else once the people that would be affected by the nature of the changes you want make gets to find out what you're trying to do they will frustrate all your effort.

Cancer and Libra would do just fine but no initial smooth run anyway, but they sure do get along ,until cancer shows her crabby nature wink grin

And FYI ,I wouldn't make a beautiful woman like you a side bish - It's usually just one at a time. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by YUSUPH1986(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
989900:

No doubt he is religiously and legally right.

While some things are not even morally wrong, it makes you come off as amoral. That I rightfully can, does not necessarily translate to I will/should.

Like I said earlier, I will understand and respect his non-hypocrisy, once he happily, 'islamically' ,and 'legally'gives his 18 year old daughter's hand in marriage as 4th wife to a 54 year old.

That aside, it subliminally strenghtens BH's lust for underage girls -- he should know better -- prices you pay for being a leader by example.

I'm a big fan of him BTW.
am more than sure that he wil be glad handling his 18yr old daughter to a man of substance like him knowing fully well that given out a virgin daughter in marriage is a pride for the parent here in life and the here after
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
There is so much work to be done and people are already doing it but in all the wrong places and this is what I have been saying all along - When you want a shift in cultural paradigm that has favored one section of the people , you have to be focused and decisive else once the people that would be affected by the nature of the changes you want make gets to find out what you're trying to do they will frustrate all your effort.

Cancer and Libra would do just fine but no initial smooth run anyway, but they sure do get along ,until cancer shows her crabby nature wink grin

And FYI ,I wouldn't make a beautiful woman like you a side bish - It's usually just one at a time. cheesy cheesy
You are right though, I guess I'm naive to think that everyone should be glad and open to fairness, thereby not try to resist it.grin

Well, I'm not crabby and I don't know that you aren't lazy.tongue

Nah, I would never fall for it to start with, like you'd tell me I'm the side chick? You wan die?angrygrin
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by 989900: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
YUSUPH1986:
am more than sure that he wil be glad handling his 18yr old daughter to a man of substance like him knowing fully well that given out a virgin daughter in marriage is a pride for the parent here in life and the here after

. . . 'till then.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by IBBG(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
I think why most people are deriding sanusi is not just becos he married an 18 year old. it's actually because of the huge gap in their age. when the girl gets to her prime age of sexual activity I doubt if sanusi will able to match her, hence it might force the girl to cheat and do other unsavoury stuffs. Then we'll start slamming her for infidelity not remembering the root cause of it.
giving out girls early in marriage especially to grand dads is not the panacea for curbing high sexual activities among youths, it only postpones the problem which later manifest itself as infidelity in marriages.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:

Senator Yerima is that you?

Deliberately mixing up the fact, nothing concerns rape and virginity with this topic, so you marry them off to prevent them from being raped?

The emir might have waited till the girl clocked 18 because of his status, in which case he's free legally. However there's no defence when it comes to those sold out at 13, against their wish, handled as conquest by their supposed husbands,

Last I heard one stabbed her husband to death, this goes to tell you what those kids pass through psychologically, you got any idea what statutory rape is?

What am I doing on this thread anyway??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Guests Excited As Peter Obi Walked Into Wedding Ceremony / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Man Nearly Ran Mad At NIPCO Filling Station In Ibadan - See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.