Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (45346 Views)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by shamecurls(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2015
What's these craze all about. In any sane, democratic and civilised country. A gurl of 18 is free to marry. So what's the heck about? If not the Western culture that inferiorated our culture. These wouldn't have been trending by now. #BlackManBlackSense #NopreservedCulture

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by seedorfg(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2015
Fear north
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by debris: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2015
Nawa for these people o
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by jamesbawa(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2015
An 18year old is not a child.... some Nigerians re really stupid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Diesel1(m): 11:16am On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.
u must be an hausa gal.. Una thinking sef, like shoe shiner

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2015
989900:
I'll take sides with the emir when he allows his own daughter to be 4th wife to a 54 year old man @ 18.

Untill then . . .

OTOH, It looks like further reason why BH don't think the Chibok girls should be in school.

Most northern women go for Money and name.This young lady probably felt she will be a star amongst her peers.Shes amrrying a man who is famous, an emir and shes the last wife hence assumes she will be the favorite and get all attention.

The legal age for voting is 18 hence shes an adult religious or societal wise but what of the age gap? lets not deceive our selves,This lady will still be young when this man grows old.She will one day look at her peers and wish........

She will for sure know what she has gotten herself into.For all we know,she was force into it by her father in other to strenghten relationship. The north is known for this.Either way, i pity the young lady

5 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Missy89(f): 11:17am On Sep 27, 2015
people should chill the fvck out. 18 Is reasonable

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2015
jamesbawa:
An 18year old is not a child.... some Nigerians re really stupid

No its not..... what of the age gap is it fair ? How do you know she wasnt forced into it by her father who is also an emir in other to strenghen ties?North is known for this.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by mediachirps(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2015
Obviously, by default it seems that all the Fulanis', and Muhammadans are made comical Pedophiles. What does 54 has to do with 18? Of course, he learned it from his master.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by medacares: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2015
For d record 18yrs is old enough to get married.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by shiinihost: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2015
How's an 18 year old a child? stuupid people everywhere.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by worlexy(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2015
E no concern me
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.

God.bless you my brother.

Most 16-17 year old girls are scattered round Nigeria dig dugging around.
We see the frequent 18 year old children mostly from se being hawked and transported to Europe for prostitution.Yet these fools keep their mouth shot and give deaf ears to these vices.

Research by a sex ngo last year revealed 99% of abortions in Nigeria are btw 13-17 years.

99 % of women above 60 years today in northern Nigeria got married btw 16-19 years.

In the western world,the adult age is 18 years.So what the heck are there marabouts flaring for?

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2015
As far as i am concerned an 18 year old is no child bride!
undecided
My mum got married as an 18 year old, and today she is well acomplished

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by IceDude(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2015
The only issue here is the age difference cos she got married to her "ancestor"........Wishing them happy married life

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Itoroetti(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2015
I dont know what to make of sls's current action. What is he telling the youth?
What advice is he offering the up and coming guys n ladies. Its a pity, great pity. A set back to the Northern part of the country. I weep for nigeria
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by jamesbawa(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

No its not..... what of the age gap is it fair ? How do you know she wasnt forced into it by her father who is also an emir in other to strenghen ties?North is known for this.
she is 18.. if she wants to marry a 100year old she can. and we both don't know whether the marriage is forced or not

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by babywhite(f): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2015
grin baby wifey

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Orikinla(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2015
ObiOmaMu:
News broke yesterday that the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured 18 year old heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa. The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.

Shortly after the news broke, Nigerians took to Twitter to air their unhappiness that the Emir could marry someone that young. Their reactions are below. Do you think the Emir did something 'wrong'?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/childnotbride-trends-on-twitter-after.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2015
18 years old is of marriage able age. it's no big deal. It's only that sanusi is too old for her
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by correctyourself(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2015
With my age thirty i can't approach 18 years for love because I believe she still have somuch she needs to achieve mostly education, what comes to my mind is can I help to achieve something, at least school fee, mostly when the parents are not too financially ok.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:

So are you in support of girls getting married at 18?

Will you give your daughter out for marriage at 18?

Would your parents have given you out for marriage at 18 when u were just fresh from secondary school?

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2015
This is what happens when fuuktards want to be seen as "progressive" and "enlightened".

They start using terms, concepts and philosophies they don't understand but have seen as buzz words and social trends. And their lack of understanding betrays and unveils their quite basic stupidity.

You see them screaming:

Freedom

Human rights

Sexism

Racism

Homophobic

Love

Tolerance

Democracy

Moral

Ethical

Slavery

Childbride

Because they think it makes them look funky. "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! I am modern and progressive. Give me an applause for being enlightened"

Phrases they, if scrutinized, cannot explain the fundamentals of its foundation and the configuration that defines them.

Moronic fuuktards!

Now let me go and pick one fuuktard to torture on this thread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Are his other wives pu.ssies no longer sweet?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by shamecurls(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

If its not against the constitution or an abuse to the right of the woman. Then who re you to complain? We talking about and 18 year old woman.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by abuhikmat(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2015
ObiOmaMu:
News broke yesterday that the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured 18 year old heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa. The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.

Shortly after the news broke, Nigerians took to Twitter to air their unhappiness that the Emir could marry someone that young. Their reactions are below. Do you think the Emir did something 'wrong'?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/childnotbride-trends-on-twitter-after.html
At least the girl is matured enough to marry.Some IBO's too marry girls who are not up to 18yrs.He has not committed any offence. Adulthood starts from 18yrs.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Okudiover(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2015
grin grin grin. Haters and Wailers attacking as usual.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Ghost01(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
my happiness is that she will further her studies. Not all men will allow that.

Lalasticlala
And you can be sure that she'll have the very best of education. Besides, she's from an affluent family already, so the sky is her starting point.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2015
Nigerians are hypocrites..

Most of our mothers married our dads as early as 13.
A girl of 18 is an adult not a child according to laid down constitution..

This generation is already sexually perverted. Some guys spewing thrash here have lashed girls below the age of 18. They come to a faceless forum and begin to rant cock and bull story.

If some ladies will be honest to themselves and us. Most girls have lost their virginity before reaching 18..

Let's call a spade a spade..

8 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by joseph1832(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2015
Is an 18 year old not an adult? So why all this brouhaha? Many who shout and criticize SLS are still the ones who will go secretly and sleep with girls way younger than 18.

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2015
scribble:
paedophile

Fuuktard, what do you understand by the term "paedophile"?

5 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by benebaby77: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2015
ahsekeena:
See why the north is still stuck in the 20th century?

the north keep pulling nigeria back! angry smh!

How old were you when you lost virginity?

Can you count the number of guys you have slept with?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

#BudgetofYams: Buhari Eating As APC Candidate & Buhari Eating As President / Femi Fani-kayode Discharged By Federal Court (Photos) / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.