Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (45348 Views)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2015
seacoast:
Hahahahaha maybe na her football age... Lol

You ehn lol

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by nkpommpko(m): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2015
no, this useless prostitutes, want her to come and join their ashawo pool, then when they are nearing 30, they rush to the churches to pray for husband's.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

No its not..... what of the age gap is it fair ? How do you know she wasnt forced into it by her father who is also an emir in other to strenghen ties?North is known for this.

So your stupidity is based on speculations and assumptions, not knowledge?

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Demmzy15(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.
This is a perfect answer, what's surprising is that most of those complaining won't hesitate to rape and molest teenagers. Hypocrisy at it's peak!

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Uncletony(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2015
bqlekan:
she's 18 for God sake!!! you people should get a life

too young for him tho angry

Even u, if not u wont be complaining...ur last paragraph!!
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by mustiiz(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2015
ahsekeena:
See why the north is still stuck in the 20th century?

the north keep pulling nigeria back! angry smh!

Belive me tho not an insult u lack senxe.. U r sayin north kips pullin nigeria back.. Everyone knws in dis life dat north is knwn for dia gals to marry early.. Nd dis man wants to marry an 18 year old gal.. Oh oh wah shud we say abt alafin of oyo.. I met u r yoruba dts y at 30 u wnt still find spouse if u have notin to say u beta log out.. If not .. Olofofo rada rada..at least d gal aint complaining
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Xtracoool(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2015
I think an 18-year old is an adult. What's this whole fuss about?

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by theunusualmoon(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2015
If being 18 is not old enough to get married then she's not old enough to vote,drive or travel alone.

So if you're worried about the age gap then you shouldn't.we all saw Oshiomole's wedding too.didn't we.

Lastly,I don't think she was coerced into this marriage.Infact I bet Sanusi delayed it till she turned 18.she probably was betrothed when she was 5 years younger.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by scholes0(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2015
Well, 18 years is the universal age of consent.
Not a child bride.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2015
Itoroetti:
I dont know what to make of sls's current action. What is he telling the youth?
What advice is he offering the up and coming guys n ladies. Its a pity, great pity. A set back to the Northern part of the country. I weep for nigeria

You are a fuuktard!

Go to youtube and watch his several interviews to understand the robust and beautiful advice he is giving youths.

If you are a youth who thinks who he legitimately marries is like some kind of bad advice to you, that is a perfect example of your fucktardism.

3 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arireirede: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2015
it is not a big deal, it is allowed in islam
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Olaone1: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2015
These northern oligarchs are enjoying oo. 18? Young, ripe, fresh. The best tonic for the male gender. Quote me!

But, their own teenagers are tucked away in Western universities. Diaris God oooo

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2015
Sagamite:

So your stupidity is based on speculations and assumptions, not knowledge?

please respect your self ,okay? i didnt insult you in any way dont insult me.

On Most papers that have reported this,it is stated that this is to strenghten ties as per deepen bonds between them .
Sanusi saw her fell in love with her and courted her,is what you are stating ? okay.

Have a nice week ahead

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by mustiiz(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2015
bro4u:
All dis notherners sef.... marrying many young girls but yet living in poverty

Lolss.. Why nt think before u talk all dis northerners .. How many do u know.. Oh ohh so sanusi dat married d 4th wife his livin in poverty.. Oga ade go take pretin make u sleep joor na nonsenxe dey comot frm ur mouth
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Uncletony(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2015
My concern is not with sanusi, but there are many kids forced into marrying old men in the north even as am typing this. And we are saying those madness has to stop or the north shud go their separate way. If a public figure can do this inmagine wat commoners will do!!

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Abagworo(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
18 is mature
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by philips70(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
Mogidi:
55yr old man marrying a teenager, you need your head examined if you don't see anything wrong with it.

Picture of the quirky man supporting Emir Sanusi.

Mogidi, get small sense na. Why personalize it with his picture here?

Your governors and politicians down south here are sleeping with 16yr old girls everyday in different hotels. That is, as we are speaking now, some big bellied men are in hotel rooms with minors banging seriously. This girl is 18, of marriageable age, their religion permits it, the girl parents are alive and are well to do people plus of royal blood. What is the offence there?

6 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by 912(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
Na everything people go take talk rubbish. Whats the problem:

1) Is she old enough? Hell yeah - She is 18yrs for crying out loud

2) Can her husband take care of her? Hell yeah - he is stupidly rich for crying out loud

3) Does his relegion allow it? Hell yeah - he is muslm for crying out loud

4) Is she and her parent ok with it? Hell yeah - i dont see her making noise about it. Just some nosey nigerians that like crying out loud for issues that dont concern them.

5) mind ur business #childnotbride

8 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
shamecurls:

If its not against the constitution or an abuse to the right of the woman. Then who re you to complain? We talking about and 18 year old woman.

you clearly refuse to see any one's point and assume its an attack on tribe and religion.Have a nice week

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
correctyourself:
With my age thirty i can't approach 18 years for love because I believe she still have somuch she needs to achieve mostly education, what comes to my mind is can I help to achieve something, at least school fee, mostly when the parents are not too financially ok.

That is your personal opinion and stance.

A personal opinion and stance which the law does not agree with or limited by.

4 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by totorimi: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2015
Just imagine that , and to imagine that these are the same people coming to run our economy and country. A man with such pervrrt mindset can not and does not have what it takes to lead a man like me. il I need to run away from this disgusting set before they make me mad. Can this happen in a civilised country
Four wives jeez, this people must think women are like assets one acqiires they don't see them as human beings, just imagine 18yrs old girl to a 60+. Oh I want yo throw up. Just wandering if Oshiomole grew up in the North or surrounded by islamist.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2015
Let them go and hug tranformer jare,afterall shes 18

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by mustiiz(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

Most northern women go for Money and name.This young lady probably felt she will be a star amongst her peers.Shes amrrying a man who is famous, an emir and shes the last wife hence assumes she will be the favorite and get all attention.

The legal age for voting is 18 hence shes an adult religious or societal wise but what of the age gap? lets not deceive our selves,This lady will still be young when this man grows old.She will one day look at her peers and wish........

She will for sure know what she has gotten herself into.For all we know,she was force into it by her father in other to strenghten relationship. The north is known for this.Either way, i pity the young lady

See as u r talkin asive u we're there wen the two emirs we're discusiing.. Kaii.. How do u knw its to strenth d relationship.. Na waoo

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Skynet247(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2015
seriously Nigeria is really a stu**d country with jobless citizens... why u go da take panadol for person headache... even if he marrys 10 yrs old ... watin consign u..? haa the cash sls has now most of this critizizers will never see half till they die... the guy gat the cash... so hes capable n da beb is 18yrs... watin consign unna...

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2015
jamesbawa:
she is 18.. if she wants to marry a 100year old she can. and we both don't know whether the marriage is forced or not

marriage is to strenghten bond between the two emirates.This is usually done and so the gal has no say not even if she had someone she loved.

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by arabianights: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2015
mustiiz:

See as u r talkin asive u we're there wen the two emirs we're discusiing.. Kaii.. How do u knw its to strenth d relationship.. Na waoo

I know because am not you.have a nice week
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by mustiiz(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2015
babywhite:
grin baby wifey

Just like ur name baby white

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by favourlove1: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2015
N he denied it at first. Claiming he has no plans to do that. Thaths where they hide their stollen wealth n claim innocence. N to think their kids grow up to become adults before they are given away. na wa oooo!
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Enesi47: 11:39am On Sep 27, 2015
totorimi:
Just imagine that , and to imagine that these are the same people coming to run our economy and country. A man with such pervrrt mindset can not and does not have what it takes to lead a man like me. il I need to run away from this disgusting set before they make me mad. Can this happen in a civilised country
ode go to western world's if you see 18years old that still virgin, wat hell are you people's complain about, is not better than east where 75years grandpa rap 10years

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by abduljabbar4(m): 11:39am On Sep 27, 2015
ahsekeena:
See why the north is still stuck in the 20th century?

the north keep pulling nigeria back! angry smh!
At least we don't see in the news where imams rrape small girls on a daily basis

2 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by makzeze: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
nonsense thread. does christianity not allowed girls to marry at 18.

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Sagamite(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
arabianights:

please respect your self ,okay? i didnt insult you in any way dont insult me.

On Most papers that have reported this,it is stated that this is to strenghten ties as per deepen bonds between them .
Sanusi saw her fell in love with her and courted her,is what you are stating ? okay.

Have a nice week ahead

First of all, what makes you think what Nigerian papers state is "researched facts"?

Secondly, how does saying that even mean "she was forced" and that conclusion is not speculation and assumptions?

And you have the audacity to be offended when I call your stance "stupidity"? undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And His Wife Iara Pictured As They Left Nigeria For The US / How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 / Bandits Kill Shila Ojebola (FIRS Manager) After Collecting ₦7 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.