Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (45216 Views)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ObiOmaMu: 8:18am On Sep 27, 2015
News broke yesterday that the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured 18 year old heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa. The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.

Shortly after the news broke, Nigerians took to Twitter to air their unhappiness that the Emir could marry someone that young. Their reactions are below. Do you think the Emir did something 'wrong'?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/childnotbride-trends-on-twitter-after.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ObiOmaMu: 8:19am On Sep 27, 2015
more tweets

cc lalasticlala

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by madridguy(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Ok
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ObiOmaMu: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2015
more

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Beremx(f): 8:25am On Sep 27, 2015
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2015
18 urs old is a bride again, abi?

you're all dunce with head turned in the usual foolish way.

17 is the consented age...and if the girl wldnt complain...why shld u?

most of you idiots, your 15 yrs old sister fuccks her 70yrs old lecturer in a perpetual basis...

and when a 21yr old black marries a 60 yr old white ugly lady, non of you got epilepsy...

you dey mad!

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by seunmsg(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2015
18 is the age of consent in Nigeria according to the child right act. All these twitter activist should look for a better cause to project as this particular trending hashtag is seriously misplaced.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by seacoast(m): 8:33am On Sep 27, 2015
Hahahahaha maybe na her football age... Lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ObiOmaMu: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2015
continue

7 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by seacoast(m): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2015
Hahahahaha.. 18 is her football age.. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by tuniski: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Why are people giving SLS moment in the media for doing nothing other than marry legitimately? Abegi free the man jor na their choice abi must everyone reach desperate age to get married? Go to religious homes and see desperate ladies well above 18yrs seeking husbands. Next time they will learn to marry when they were young!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by fagbalex(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2015
I tired for naija people oh- what the hell concern them. The world has gotten worse where people are wailing that someone married an 18yrd old gal. We'll is not bad at all! Most of our 14, 15, 16 yrs old gals of today have already sucked up sleeping with different men. Now a humble man married 18yrs old gal people are shouting she's a child. What a shame, did she complain or is 18yrs old gal a child? Just because this Man is a Muslim, u guys are spouting rubbish here. Carry go joh my humble emir.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by bife: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2015
funny things happen at times, 18 years old, a child?
then go to the brothels to see what 16 years do.
The bride of the emir is even sponsored to further her studies... what if she's not, you people will come and crucify yourself?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Beremx(f): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2015
bife:
funny things happen at times, 18 years old, a child?
then go to the brothels to see what 16 years do.
The bride of the emir is even sponsored to further her studies... what if she's not, you people will come and crucify yourself?
my happiness is that she will further her studies. Not all men will allow that.

Lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ishiamu(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.

None is better don't come here and compare #nonsense

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Vikky014(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2015
Na waoh. 18 years old girl is old enof to marry bc most girls strted eating d forbidden fruit at d age of 12 d problem here is d age gap btw d girl and d emir. since d girl is happy abt dt Nigerians shld STFU

bfore u crucify me. it is better to marry at the age of 18 than having sex with ur so called boyfriend at the age of 19 to 35 undecidedNa waoh.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by 989900: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2015
I'll take sides with the emir when he allows his own daughter to be 4th wife to a 54 year old man @ 18.

Untill then . . .

OTOH, It looks like further reason why BH don't think the Chibok girls should be in school.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2015
Interesting

4 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Mogidi: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2015
55yr old man marrying a teenager, you need your head examined if you don't see anything wrong with it.

Picture of the quirky man supporting Emir Sanusi.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by bqlekan(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2015
she's 18 for God sake!!! you people should get a life

too young for him tho angry

3 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2015
See why the north is still stuck in the 20th century?

the north keep pulling nigeria back! angry smh!

They said the girl is 18, 18 ko 80 ni.

I'm sure that girl is 16 years old, she just finished secondary school and is 18? I laugh. At 18 I was in my 2nd year in the university. He shld have allowed her finish university now, since he cares so much about her education.

16 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by okooloyun1(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2015
People should leave SLS alone coz abok'i will always be abok*i no matter how educated they are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by DICKtator: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Dottore: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2015
[size=15pt]Honestly some men are really making things difficult for older unmarried ladies. Do these men have to remind these unmarried ladies that younger bodies are sweeter.
If Sanusi at 54 years could marry a tender sweet 18 how would u blame me if I go for same age range. Who would then marry the spinsters of of 30 to 40 and even 45. I guess dick dead and death awaiting 80 year olds.

Ladies sef no dey help matters as they keep changing boyfriends like cloth.
#everybodyloves_tear_rubber.
Yes - even your popsi
[/size]

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by scribble: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2015
paedophile

Sagamite come and see your uncle at work

You and the paedo North can eat a fat diiiik

4 Likes

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by jamesbawa(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2015
Nigerians sha.... thought 18 is the legal age?.... y'all should leave d man alone

1 Like

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by kennyman2000(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2015
That wouldnt make sanusi return the girl.. The girl done dey gbadun oga emir and oga emir done dey gbadun the gal already..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by knightsTempler: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by bro4u: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2015
All dis notherners sef.... marrying many young girls but yet living in poverty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Soldiers At The Home Of Tamunosisi Gogo-Jack, Rivers Commissioner / Police Statement On The Situation On Lagos Island. / Fubara Is Clueless, A Failure, Has Nothing To Show As Rivers Gov - Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.