Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

#Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old (45419 Views)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Masquerade: Lai Mohammed Trending On Twitter After Statement / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
DrGroove:

70% of christian girls @ 18 are not virgins,many hv opened legs for more than 10 men @ that age...

Source?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
You are right though, I guess I'm naive to think that everyone should be glad and open to fairness, thereby not try to resist it.grin

Well, I'm not crabby and I don't know that you aren't lazy.tongue

Nah, I would never fall for it to start with, like you'd tell me I'm the side chick? You wan die?angrygrin

People won't open to fairness as long as they stand to lose whatever they think they have at hand and this is normal human psychology - Once you shout 'change' the first reaction would be a resounding 'no' then when the benefits begins to unfold people would naturally and unconsciously begin to weigh their options while scrutinizing the pros and cons.

I use to procrastinate a lot sha cheesy but at a point once the idea kicks in I simply move my butt and do the needful before it goes into voicemail grin
Talking about the side bish thing ,we will never tell you that you're a side dish - We'll simply flow with the whole thing until you either relegate yourself to a side dish or upgrade your status with the work of your hands. cheesy
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Fordzzy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
The truth is we will all waste our MB hashtaggin that shit and d man and his newly wedded wife will b enjoying deir lives smplave nice... we shud jst move on jare... remember yarima issh... who dey talk about am nw?
#niggazbhashtagging bt nothing will b done in d end.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
People won't open to fairness as long as they stand to lose whatever they think they have at hand and this is normal human psychology - Once you shout 'change' the first reaction would be a resounding 'no' then when the benefits begins to unfold people would naturally and unconsciously begin to weigh their options while scrutinizing the pros and cons.

I use to procrastinate a lot sha cheesy but at a point once the idea kicks in I simply move my butt and do the needful before it goes into voicemail grin
Talking about the side bish thing ,we will never tell you that you're a side dish - We'll simply flow with the whole thing until you either relegate yourself to a side dish or upgrade your status with the work of your hands. cheesy
I am looking at it from the angle of everyone having a sense of right and wrong, I know the resistance that comes with change, but then, it's not like this is a bad change, I guess the world is filled with people whose hearts aren't really big, it's not human psychology to not be empathetic, I mean, people should know to treat others fairly by default.sad

Make I try believe that you don't eat and leave your dish undone for days.grin

Unfortunately for you, I can never be in that position, it's always only me from the get go.wink
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by abdulkayus(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Optionalx:

You no make sense joor. How old is SANUSI and how old was kanu then. Don't compare apple and orenge abeg

So it is the age difference u are now comparing not the 18 years again?
What will u say about Ojukwu, Azikiwe and Tony Anenih that marry farrrr more younger gal than them?
Hypocrite
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by hollaytan: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
you all should keep quiet. how old was amarchi when kanu married her
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
I am looking at it from the angle of everyone having a sense of right and wrong, I know the resistance that comes with change, but then, it's not like this is a bad change, I guess the world is filled with people whose hearts aren't really big, it's not human psychology to not be empathetic, I mean, people should know to treat others fairly by default.sad

Make I try believe that you don't eat and leave your dish undone for days.grin

Unfortunately for you, I can never be in that position, it's always only me from the get go.wink
Remember that there are still lawmakers that are married to more than two women and still keeping retinue of concubines here and there. So, tell me ,on what moral platform will they now stand in promulgating a bill that will abolish these backward practices ,debate about them , defend them and pass them into laws ?

The problem is a hydra head problem my dear unless there is a total change in societal values and norms though as soon as the country sinks further into capitalism with it's attendants problems ,the economic realities will force some people especially the middle class to check their value system and compare it to the reality on ground and just then but this will move at a snail pace especially when some cultures and traditions will survive for more 150 yrs - How are we going to explain to our brothers in the North in the house of reps and and Senate to stop marrying four wives and make 15yrs kids that they are sure of giving them a better voting strength ? cheesy or How do you explain to the illiterate fellow country man that doesn't care if he makes kids with three different women he would somehow relegate to the back bench of marriage and not eligible to be a first choice wife for another man that would have stayed with just her alone due to the same cultural problems ? These are the issues - The society is just sick but nobody is ready to listen until it is too late.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Remember that there are still lawmakers that are married to more than two women and still keeping retinue of concubines here and there. So, tell me ,on what moral platform will they now stand in promulgating a bill that will abolish these backward practices ,debate about them , defend them and pass them into laws ?

The problem is a hydra head problem my dear unless there is a total change in societal values and norms though as soon as the country sinks further into capitalism with it's attendants problems ,the economic realities will force some people especially the middle class to check their value system and compare it to the reality on ground and just then but this will move at a snail pace especially when some cultures and traditions will survive for more 150 yrs - How are we going to explain to our brothers in the North in the house of reps and and Senate to stop marrying four wives and make 15yrs kids that they are sure of giving them a better voting strength ? cheesy or How do you explain to the illiterate fellow country man that doesn't care if he makes kids with three different women he would somehow relegate to the back bench of marriage and not eligible to be a first choice wife for another man that would have stayed with just her alone due to the same cultural problems ? These are the issues - The society is just sick but nobody is ready to listen until it is too late.
You have a point though, but folding our arms isn't going to change things either, so I guess it makes sense that we atleast make an effort individually.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
You have a point though, but folding our arms isn't going to change things either, so I guess it makes sense that we at least make an effort individually.
There are better ways of doing things.

There are women in the corridors of power that can bring those changes into limelight by highlighting them in their various corners instead they would be lobbying to remain where they can loot like their male counterpart and when it becomes too hard to get it they simply use bottom power which further reinforces the man's mindset that these guys are only good for the bed - You know hear say OBJ been dey knack Patricia Etteh? sotay she become house speaker. grin
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by jannies: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.

Are we talking of just being married here or even giving birth too? Have you heard of the high prevalence of VVF in the north? Read about the age ranges susceptible to VVF and is an 18 year old even psychologically ready for marriage? And even as a fourth wife? And come to think of it he married her at 18 right? How long did their relationship last? How old was she when it started too?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by shegs4danny(m): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
Is only God dat will help us in this counrty

Is it a crime to marry in dis country afterough no b say he force er into marriage
Abeg leave him mke he enjoy his life jahre nah only 1 life we get jahre
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by informat101(f): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
I find it disheartening that an educated man like sanusi can marry an 18yrs old girl as a 4th wife.nobody should tell me that crap that is consensual.I doubt if an 18yrs old would wake up and be like daddy I want sanusi to be my boo 4th wife to and old hag.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by nortcentrallord(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
Beremx:
It is better for an 18years old girl to be married than for an 11years old girl to be raped. 85percent of 18years old girls are no longer virgins. If na lie,ask Kylie Jenner.

As long as the bride is allowed to further her studies,i am happy with that. Emir Sanusi must not deprive her of furthering her education all because of marriage.

Why 'r u still single @ 45? Oh, you haven't seen any 65 year old northerner to get married to for the past 27 years?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Gboliwe: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
hollaytan:
you all should keep quiet. how old was amarchi when kanu married her

How old was Kanu then?

This girl is marrying her father's agemate, and it doesn't seem right. The age difference is tOooooooooooooooo much
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by abdulkayus(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

He is old and ugly and could almost be her grandfather and has got three other wives. This is what makes me think that she was not keen on marrying him.

Now tell me what would make a 18-year-old girl want to marry an old, ugly man who already has three wives instead of a handsome, athletic, younger man who is single?

I am curious.

So SLS os now old and ugly? Chaiiiiiii, ur hypocrisy no be here oooooo. So SLS Is not athletic?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Gboliwe: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Source?
Straight from his anus!
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by freecocoa(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
There are better ways of doing things.

There are women in the corridors of power that can bring those changes into limelight by highlighting them in their various corners instead they would be lobbying to remain where they can loot like their male counterpart and when it becomes too hard to get it they simply use bottom power which further reinforces the man's mindset that these guys are only good for the bed - You know hear say OBJ been dey knack Patricia Etteh? sotay she become house speaker. grin
That's why some of us are working hard to make that change, I don't know why you think you know the method being used, those women there aren't the only ones to effect change, and some of them are doing great already. Dude you don't have to believe everything you hear.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by edwife(f): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
There is so much work to be done and people are already doing it but in all the wrong places and this is what I have been saying all along - When you want a shift in cultural paradigm that has favored one section of the people , you have to be focused and decisive else once the people that would be affected by the nature of the changes you want make gets to find out what you're trying to do they will frustrate all your effort.

Cancer and Libra would do just fine but no initial smooth run anyway, but they sure do get along ,until cancer shows her crabby nature wink grin

And FYI ,I wouldn't make a beautiful woman like you a side bish - It's usually just one at a time. cheesy cheesy

shockedshocked
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by edwife(f): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
Gboliwe:

How old was Kanu then?

This girl is marrying her father's agemate, and it doesn't seem right. The age difference is tOooooooooooooooo much

This is where people are getting it wrong.Kanu was in his thirties when he married amarachi,so was omotola's husband.

Sanusi is 54 marrying an 18 yearls old girl.Amarachi and omotola did not have to share their husbands with old women and their husbands had only them to concentrate and please in bed.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Dhavids(m): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
SLS marry 18yo bae...una dey shout!!!...hw old be aisha when buhari married hr?.....enter street mk u see as all ds guys dey straff under 18 gals....abeg free SLS jea afterall, hr parent gave hr out willingly..and she no complain...#18YONotChild undecided
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
edwife:

shockedshocked
Excuse me ma'am? cheesy
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Truckpusher(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
That's why some of us are working hard to make that change, I don't know why you think you know the method being used, those women there aren't the only ones to effect change, and some of them are doing great already. Dude you don't have to believe everything you hear.
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Gboliwe: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
edwife:

This is where people are getting it wrong.Kanu was in his thirties when he married amarachi,so was omotola's husband.

Sanusi is 54 marrying an 18 yearls old girl.Amarachi and omotola did not have to share their husbands with old women and their husbands had only them to concentrate and please in bed.

No mind them! Imagine me dating my ancestor and people be comparing chasis engine like Kanu/Amarachi Omotola/Pilot with this one. I wonder how that man can satisfy his "lolo" in 20years time when he has them 4 to service.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by simdam500(m): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nigerians and there opinions isn't going to stop a thing.

She's married and none of us here is gonna take her in if she refuse to marry the Emir.

So fûck your opinion and concentrate on what matters.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
jannies:

Are we talking of just being married here or even giving birth too? Have you heard of the high prevalence of VVF in the north? Read about the age ranges susceptible to VVF and is an 18 year old even psychologically ready for marriage? And even as a fourth wife? And come to think of it he married her at 18 right? How long did their relationship last? How old was she when it started too?

Well...you are slightly off point.

VVF is generally caused by the birth canal being too small for delivery. It is true that this is the case in many under-aged child brides....however, it can happen in women who are old enough to marry (the first case I saw as a med student happened in a woman in her twenties)...because the woman's womb opening is not big enough for baby to pass through...and because the woman stays at home to deliver...instead of running to hospital to give birth.

Now...most cases can be prevented if a woman or even child bride turns up at the hospital once labour starts...so that we can do a caesarean section if need be. Most of the VVF cases happen because most victims choose to labour at home...and do not come rushing to hospital when labour lasts more than one day.

Of course that does not make under-age marriage right....and it does not mean that Sanusi's legally adult fourth wife cannot deliver safely without the need for intervention....her womb opening might be wide enough.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
edwife:

And some people...including my mother...think that Kanu/Amara and Omo/Pilot's age gap is still scandalous.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by oshaosha2014(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
Thank you. People just have this bandwagon mentality.
SLIDEwaxie:
18 urs old is a bride again, abi?

you're all dunce with head turned in the usual foolish way.

17 is the consented age...and if the girl wldnt complain...why shld u?

most of you idiots, your 15 yrs old sister fuccks her 70yrs old lecturer in a perpetual basis...

and when a 21yr old black marries a 60 yr old white ugly lady, non of you got epilepsy...

you dey mad!
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by edwife(f): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Excuse me ma'am? cheesy

You are becoming naughty by the day,i keep reading things that are not good for my psychic...

When are you going to repent? cheesy
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by chimavit: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
He's gonna end up in next yrs hajj stampede, watch d nxt episode.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by talk2yommex2000(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
Though I wouldn't pray or hope my daughter or sister marry at such age because it's simply not our (family/tribe) thing, but in the case of the emir, I think it's okay for him. After all his religion permits it, and same with his culture. Moreover, neither the girl is complaining, nor her relatives.

However, the only thing I detest in this case is SLS age compare to that of the child he married. I think he's not a fit, even if 18yr old girl is to marry. #myopinionthough.
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by ALISMILE(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Will be glab to giv him my own 18yr old daughter! Hope u guys will let us rest now?
Re: #Childnotbride Trends On Twitter After Emir Sanusi Secretly Marries 18-year-old by Epatty(f): 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
ishiamu:

None is better don't come here and compare #nonsense
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Godswill Akpabio Embraces Chris Ekpenyong (Photo) / Burial Poster Of Blessing Ene, The Female Soldier Who Died / Herdsmen Invade Wole Soyinka's Residence In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.