Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? (56149 Views)

She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos / FUNNY - Rihanna Dumps Billionaire Boyfriend Now Dating Popular Nigerian Designer / “My Girlfriend Snatched My Abroad-Based Boyfriend, Now They Are Getting Married” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by freemile2ru: 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen:
So I know you'll tell me school first and face your books. Yes, I know all that. I'll be 17 in two months. I'm intelligent and i do very well in school. Most of you guys have passed through my stage and I hope you understand that this is the stage where you start having feelings for the opposite sex. So I hope this doesn't sound like I'm a bad girl or something like that. I don't want you to say things like "what is this generation turning into?" because I'm very sure it happened in the previous generation and there are evidences such as the single mums that i see that got pregnant then. Long story short, there is a boy i like and he likes me too and he just asked me out. I made it very clear to him that we are not going to get intimate and he is very okay with it. I know you'll say it can happen by accident but i know that the only place we can get intimate is at a lonely place so all I'll have to do is to avoid it. The thing now is that do you think getting into a relationship at 16 is quite okay. Mind you, I'll soon be 17.
u don't need an answer again, u already answered all ur questions
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by femi4: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen:

All guys are not like you. I know thats what you'd do but don't expect all the guys to be as classless as you are.
Can you just stop being aggressive. If you are not OK with some of the comments, you can just ignore them.

You ve already made up your mind. Go suit yourself!
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by UjSizzle(f): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen, from your NL history you are yet to gain admission into a university.
You need to calm down and pay attention to what's important now. Get yourself secured academically, get through your 1st year in the university, and when you've found your rhythm, you can date.

I'm saying this from a purely feminine perspective. Once you get emotions involved in your life at this stage, there's no saying when you'll get out of it. And women do have a way of loving without restrictions (even when they don't mean to.)

Boys aren't running away, neither is your life. You'll do what you need to do and then you'll get over to whatever your friends are doing too.

If you can hold on for a while I promise you won't regret it.

Good luck with your life.

3 Likes

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by project8(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen:

thanks. I won't throw my dignity at any guys feet.
talk is cheap....gal u want a candid advice? forget abt relationship for now..atlist 20 yrs is fair.u need experience abt life,except if u wana slowdown ur plans bt I assure u boys of nowadays wil play wit ur heart.most of them are pervs, who stil feed under their parents.except as sum1 said ur ready to mary a sanusi lamido's age mate who is 50.bt I bet u may endup either bein spoilt cos handling temptations is nt easy.u might think ur strong bt blv me even we ur seniors ave weaknesses that sumtyms we are humbled by situations of life like a little child.
agreed ur good in skul:bt mark my word u wil be distracted frm ur book, frm ur creator, frm ur innate, u wil be moody atimes.
my dear sister we love u and I bet ur mum loves u more and u can as well seek for her advice.

1 Like

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Etetejake(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
I wount say no bkx I wount beat u if u do, and I wount say yes bkx u ar not yet 18. All I will say is be careful while stepping into strange territories. Everyone has he's or her story to make, with different story line.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by FredHandsome(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
@Diamondqueen: Well, if you MUST date NOW, I'd advise you go for an 'older' and 'experienced' male, not a fellow teenager.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Etetejake(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
I wount say no bkx I wount beat u if u do, and I wount say yes bkx u ar not yet 18. All I will say is be careful while stepping into strange territories. Everyone has he's or her story to make, with different story line and different ending.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by castiello(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
They young girl wants to eat out of the forbidden fruit lolz I wonder who is the devil behind your inspiration dear am 31 was a virgin. Till 25 and I regret ever having a taste of sex wish I could be a virgin for. Ever sex comes with so much pain and agony eg std, hiv, spiritual backwardness and most of all you will be far from your creator because his eyes those not behold sin keep. Your self till you are ready to marry then you can engage in an affair, look at great people in. The world today they did not give in for an emotional affair because it will only break you.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by naijaboiy: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
They will tell you "Face your books! Face your books!!"

When she is through with her books they will say "Face your career! Face your career!!"

And that is how she will never test her heart to love till she's old,single and miserable. undecided

The truth is there can never be a time where one,either a man or a woman will have sufficient time for Love. There is always an obstruction in the way. It's the ability to combine the two that shows how strong you are.

#MyPiece. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by TimothyNkenu: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen:

I don't think I understand you. Brush it off, I don't need your advice anymore. Thanks.

I'm 17, a law student, a writer and I have a job that pays well.

Can I date? Hell yes I can.

Go slow and good luck. Hope you don't meet these idiots who lack chivelry.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
I wish I was that guy you like,cos you will be so tight and sweet down there . But I don't do smallie.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
SMH diagonally
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by ollybosieb: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
You've already made up your mind on this issue and you sound like a very smart and strong minded girl. We were all there once but be very careful. Wish you luck.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by yomi007k(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
I don't know where it's a law that u have to be 18 in this country to hav a bf.

Having a bf early is not a guarantee that u'll be good or evil.

I know guys/gals who were angels in teenage years but right now, d devil is nicer than they can ever be.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by LordOfTheWeed: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
halfrica:

u av been insultin ladies i read nd pass by
Any ways u sound cool headed i love that keep it up kiss kiss kiss kiss
Like seriously Maybe it's because I'm yet to take my blunts cheesy

Just gimme 5 minutes, I'll be right back grin

1 Like

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by naijaboiy: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
FredHandsome:
@Diamondqueen: Well, if you must date NOW, I'd advise you date an older, 'experienced' male, not a fellow teenager.
Someone that would take advantage and manipulate her right? undecided

It's better she follows a boy in her age group. It's healthier that way. Someone way older than her has more needs than a teenager.

1 Like

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
I'm 16 n I have a boyfriend, will even be 17 next month
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen:

like i said before, I'm facing it and i'm doing very well.
Groove on gf we shall see how best u do with ur books after start accommodating that little boy u bliv he loves n u too love him as well. Mind u statistic has it that the girl child's IQ start dropping academically wen she start having a date. So, to be4 worn is to be for arm.
One last question b4 I drop my pen. Have u ever ask urself how loving, pleasurable nd profiting it will be if ur husband disflowers u on ur wedding night Think about it little girl n wat d rush for?
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by morelli: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Quite frankly,I like your courage putting it out on this platform for others to air their views.I would have told you to go and read your books real hard cos at that age,you have all the opportunities to read and go very far in life.the thing with early relationships is that often times you think you will be very careful,like you mentioned you will avoid lonely places with the guy,mind you it is easier said than done,mistakes abound,and one simple slip could turn your beautiful bright future to a dark regrettable ordeal just because of one stupid relationship because others are doing it and I have to do it.anyway my candid advice is make the relationship simple.(text n calls n occasional visits by him not your).until you are older..cheers
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by ENIGMA24(m): 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

ghen ghen!!!!!
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
starlingslimnet:
SMH diagonally
Hold his head, its been a while
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

Someone that would take advantage and manipulate her right? undecided

It's better she follows a boy in her age group. It's healthier that way. Someone way older than her has more needs than a young teenager.

Yeah, true. She could date someone like 17/18
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
Diamondqueen:
So I know you'll tell me school first and face your books. Yes, I know all that. I'll be 17 in two months. I'm intelligent and i do very well in school. Most of you guys have passed through my stage and I hope you understand that this is the stage where you start having feelings for the opposite sex. So I hope this doesn't sound like I'm a bad girl or something like that. I don't want you to say things like "what is this generation turning into?" because I'm very sure it happened in the previous generation and there are evidences such as the single mums that i see that got pregnant then. Long story short, there is a boy i like and he likes me too and he just asked me out. I made it very clear to him that we are not going to get intimate and he is very okay with it. I know you'll say it can happen by accident but i know that the only place we can get intimate is at a lonely place so all I'll have to do is to avoid it. The thing now is that do you think getting into a relationship at 16 is quite okay. Mind you, I'll soon be 17.
Don't even think about relationship at least for now you might end up loosing who you are.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ebayray:
Good! are u the one in your profile?
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by tpraiz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
Seems 16+years Op has the reply to evry statements in here::::::::Go ahead en do wotz in ur hrt:::::::::Age iz jst a Number

1 Like

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Laryne(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
This is not a sixteen years old girl speaking. ..this sounds more mature than a sixteen years old. When the girl is ready to speak for herself then I'll say something.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ebayray:
Do you mean 61?

2 Likes

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Fredzy7(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
[size=13]But of cousre you can......you can even elope and marry him, i will personally arrange for an escape vehicle.....you are a girl,probaly good looking, probably not, You are less than 18, have not entered university and have not even written jamb, and you are looking for a boyfriend... i am in university, 20 years old, written eight jambs, currently working part-time and dont have a girlfriend....do the maths.............you have got more to lose than i do and you still dont get it[/size]

Now for my candid advice, since you have already made up your mind and need validation so just shut up and do it already "Madam wise girl"

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Q73h8SAC2pI/UuvDepWC2aI/AAAAAAAAATk/Kl2ZqH3r8mQ/s1600/ignor.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Laredojohn(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
[quote author=Diamondqueen post=38457055]So I know you'll tell me don't want you to say things like "what is this /quote]
It depends on your definition of bf, if having a bf is to explore and know how it feels like having emotional attraction to the opposite sex, better u dnt for now cos if there are break ups it's gonna affect u, u could just have cool friends now and let the "bf thing" not be ur priority.
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
otunsman:
Do you mean 61?
Lol, nah. I'm 16 not 61
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by niyidenrele: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
SenhorSean:
You no too small, i had my first gf @ 12.
All you need do is to know wat u are doing and to know if it is right for u. No one is gonna pick for u. btw get ready incase u might be heartbroken.
......adviser .....Yeyeyeye
Re: I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

Wud b waiting na tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I Had Sex With A Ghost Every Night For 20yrs But Dumped Him When I Saw His Fangs / Poster Warning People Not To Touch Partner's Private Part While Driving / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Female Nigerian Soldier & Her Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.