Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? (48230 Views)

Should I Marry This Single Mother? / Beauty Vs Character: Who Gets It Going? / Guys, Can You Marry A Lady Who Is Pretty And Educated, But No Manners ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 02, 2015
chronique:
How can you be asking for advice on who you should marry between them,when you're not even dating anyone of them? Your submission above,doesn't imply that you are in a relationship with either of them,but portrays you as trying to select who you should date. I'd advice you go for the girl with manners even though a well polished girl with manners,would have been the ideal thing.
another guy who seems to get the point
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Lexusgs430: 1:11am On Oct 02, 2015
Marry because of manners not beauty. Beauty can be enhanced ,manners is either their or not!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Echefu11: 1:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Your love for a woman can either turn her into what you want her to be or chase her away. There is more to marriage than beauty, brains and manners. Go for someone that you have a good communication and understanding with. Sweeping the house and bowing down to greet u does not make a woman marriageable... Confirm how tolerable they are... Go for someone that will always be free with you and always play with u! Someone real!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by pinkiberry(m): 1:15am On Oct 02, 2015
Youngpo413:
na so,beautiful ladies are not good for marriage.
says who foool?

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 02, 2015
tommychow:
If you're wondering and even asking strangers which one to pick them, then I suggest you choose neither. When you meet YOUR OTHER HALF (not an option) you won't come down here to put a life changing decision in the hands of strangers. Every cell in your body will want only her.

About the mannered one though, you'll never know the true nature of someone when they're dependent on you or put you on a pedestal (submissive). When they upgrade and know they can do without you, that's when the real personality shows. There's more to a wife than doing house chores. You need someone you can spend all day with or else the marriage will get boring real fast. Then frustration sets in. She'll be those weak, dependent wives you can slap around the house and get away with. Boredom ruins almost all relationships and marriages. Choose companionship.
once it comes to love, you just know which one is RIGHT for you and no one will tell you cos you are INLOVE with that person (the only room for confusion is when you are about to marry that person, you may doubt her/him or weather you are making the right or wrong choice) not to be CONFUSE at the very beginning of your relationship.

Yea you are right!!
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
YOU ARE A WOMAN OF FISH BRAIN undecided

Didn't YOU SEE WHERE I PUT “PROBABLY"? SINCE YOUR BRAIN IS MADE UP OF carbohydrates, I GUESS YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORD PROBABILTIY.

AND ONE MORE NOTE! IF YOU WANT TO MARRIED, YOU WILL BE CONFUSE OF WHICH GUY YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR numerous BOYFRIENDS undecided

You sound like a slut to me
" Slut" Yea?..That's d only thing guys fink of saying to girls when they are pained....Sorry,if I cut too close to the bone,swithrt..U put "probably" there?..Ohhh..my bad....I don't have "boyfriends" by d way.I'm a very decent girl with sth upstairs...d type u'll never get...Sure u tripping..hahahaha..Now,go nurse ur pained soul!

5 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Fredzy7(m): 1:20am On Oct 02, 2015
Education doesnt make girls pompous... so dont tell me she will not respect you and stuffs...you however made the other ssce girls look or sound like she is DUMEBI....i have met some pompous proud and sometimes intimidating girls who didnt even finish secondary schools...........

Now What i would advice you is this the qualities you are seeing now are not what you need...because

1. beauty fades away
2. No degree does not mean she cant speak english or compose herself in a public place
3. Sweeping and cleaning is (well a wifes job) as long as it does not wear her out...when she is pregnant....you go sweep, cook, wash plate, wash cloth till neighbours start dey call you mama junior

So as a man i would give you one advice, test the both of them on PATIENCE, because thats all you need in an EDUCATED, WELL MANNERED, PLATE WASING, FLOOR MOPPING, WELL SPOKEN, WELL PACKAGED, GROUND SWEEPING WIFE.

A patient wife would put you back on track when you are off the rails...take care of you when you have no job...and be your queen when you have no crown

ALL THE ABOVE SAID IS ASSUMING YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN OF COURSE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by tartarus(m): 1:22am On Oct 02, 2015
*long hiss* because she kneels down to greet you and cleans up after you simply means she has manners??

Well I expected nothing less from a typical Nigerian man, they'll always prefer a lady who won't hurt their already low self esteem! All u want in someone to babysit ur grown arse! Goodluck with ur miss manners! smiley

U never marry miss grammar but u want her to clean up after u abi? Go get diapers! undecided

Your definition of "manners" is funny sha.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by pinkiberry(m): 1:23am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

Now, I also have a young lady that comes around, and I observed that they are both different in manners. She is not a graduate, she stopped at secondary school level due to finance problem.

When this not so schooled lady comes around she always notices disorganized things and would arrange them, would notice dirty floor and mop up,wash dirty dishes etc. She would not greet me without bending her left knee slightly to show respect. She is not as beautiful as the educated lady though.

The graduate lady do none of these things, all we do is just gist.

Lately the school cert lady makes me feel the warmth of a caring lady, I am beginning to notice her more.

I am a graduate with tastes, I don't know what I want again, I am confused, somebody advise.
it's better you marry a graduate that has the same IQ with u. that reason the way you do. you can never compare a graduate to a sch drop out(imagine taking her out on a function and she disgrace u there with ha grammer or some illetrate attitude). u won't reason alike wit her. and if u decide to train the sch drop out girl,she may find a bf there in sch and cheat on u. it happens. Nigeria economy is quite harsh so marry the graduate start a family and build your future together. remember that babes too dey form ajebo during relationship. it doesnot mean they dont have manners but wen d marry the calm down and do house chores.

but at the end marry the one you truly love and seek God intervention first.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
YOU ARE A WOMAN OF FISH BRAIN undecided

Didn't YOU SEE WHERE I PUT “PROBABLY"? SINCE YOUR BRAIN IS MADE UP OF carbohydrates, I GUESS YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORD PROBABILTIY.

AND ONE MORE NOTE! IF YOU WANT TO MARRIED, YOU WILL BE CONFUSE OF WHICH GUY YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR numerous BOYFRIENDS undecided

You sound like a slut to me
" Slut" Yea?..That's d only thing guys fink of saying to girls when they are pained. Sorry,if I cut too close to the bone,swithrt..U put "probably" there?..Oopsie! But how could I av noticed wen u weren't making any sense..Plus,u do need to go check d meaning of "probably".I don't have "boyfriends" by d way.I'm a very decent girl with sth upstairs...d type u'll never get...Sure u tripping..hahahaha..Now,go nurse ur pained soul!
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

" Slut" Yea?..That's d only thing guys fink of saying to girls when they are pained....Sorry,if I cut too close to the bone,swithrt..U put "probably" there?..Ohhh..my bad....I don't have "boyfriends" by d way.I'm a very decent girl with sth upstairs...d type u'll never get...Sure u tripping..hahahaha..Now,go nurse ur pained soul!
WHAT IS THIS ONE TALKING ABOUT undecided

DID YOU EVEN LOOK YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU EVEN MENTION TRIPPING undecided

BY THE WAY! EVEN A PROSTITUTE WILL CLAIM SHE IS A DECENT GIRL, SO WHEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DECENT,KEEP THAT ONLY TO YOURSELF. THE ONLY ONE WHO IS IN PAIN HERE IS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

" Slut" Yea?..That's d only thing guys fink of saying to girls when they are pained. Sorry,if I cut too close to the bone,swithrt..U put "probably" there?..Oopsie! But how could I av noticed wen u weren't making any sense..Plus,u do need to go check d meaning of "probably".I don't have "boyfriends" by d way.I'm a very decent girl with sth upstairs...d type u'll never get...Sure u tripping..hahahaha..Now,go nurse ur pained soul!
 prob•ably adv.
BrE /'prɒbəbli sound/
NAmE /'prɑːbəbli sound/
MENU ▼ used to say that sth is likely to happen or to be true
You're probably right. sound sound
It'll probably be OK. sound sound
It was the best known and probably the most popular of her songs. sound sound
‘Is he going to be there?’ ‘Probably.’ sound
‘Do we need the car?’ ‘Probably not.’ sound
As you probably know, I'm going to be changing jobs soon. sound sound
The two cases are most probably connected. sound.

I won't say you are dull (probably)
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Ndipe(m): 1:38am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

Now, I also have a young lady that comes around, and I observed that they are both different in manners. She is not a graduate, she stopped at secondary school level due to finance problem.

When this not so schooled lady comes around she always notices disorganized things and would arrange them, would notice dirty floor and mop up,wash dirty dishes etc. She would not greet me without bending her left knee slightly to show respect. She is not as beautiful as the educated lady though.

Lately the school cert lady makes me feel the warmth of a caring lady, I am beginning to notice her more.

I am a graduate with tastes, I don't know what I want again, I am confused, somebody advise.

like really?
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:

DID YOU EVEN LOOK YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU EVEN MENTION TRIPPING undecided

BY THE WAY! EVEN A PROSTITUTE WILL CLAIM SHE IS A DECENT GIRL, SO WHEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DECENT,KEEP THAT ONLY TO YOURSELF. THE ONLY ONE WHO IS IN PAIN HERE IS YOU.

You should work on ur English,Sir..learn how to use reflexive pronouns,where prepositions need to be introduced,where to use nouns instead of adjectives..Judging from ur previous posts,ur use of English leaves much to be desired....U see,I've got a large heart too...I just pointed out ur flaws nicely.
BTW,I do look at d mirror...got crystal glass in my house,and it shows me that I'm beautifully nd wonderfully made....#smiles#..C'mon,u're tripping...Lol...Sleep well.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:

Are prostitutes really that easy 2 come by?...I'm not well exposed, Sir..never encountered any...Are the females in ur life perhaps all prostitutes.,.Bring 'em to me,I could reform them..

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Bonethugss: 1:54am On Oct 02, 2015
Timoleon:
The only thing i want to comment on is dat

you nigg*a is dirty....keep your room neat, wash your plates and kip your floor clean! If you need house help, get one, if you need wife get one, dont confuse both as the same!

I love this, will you marry me grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

You should work on ur English,Sir..learn how to use reflexive pronouns,where prepositions need to be introduced,where to use nouns instead of adjectives..Judging from ur previous posts,ur use of English leaves much to be desired....U see,I've got a large heart too...I just pointed out ur flaws nicely.
BTW,I do look at d mirror...got crystal glass in my house,and it shows me that I'm beautifully nd wonderfully made....#smiles#..C'mon,u're tripping...Lol...Sleep well.
you should WORK ON YOUR SPELLINGS, LEARN HOW TO SPELL SIMPLE WORDS undecided

ALL I SEE! IS A DULL WOMAN WHO THINK SHE IS BEAUTIFULLY MADE undecided

SORRY! I DON'T TRIP FOR DULL WOMAN LIKE YOUundecided

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
you should WORK ON YOUR SPELLINGS, LEARN HOW TO SPELL SIMPLE WORDS undecided

ALL I SEE! IS A DULL WOMAN WHO THINK SHE IS BEAUTIFULLY MADE undecided

SORRY! I DON'T TRIP FOR DULL WOMAN LIKE YOUundecided
Is ur predicament so pathetic?...Do u know what "formal" and "informal" mean?..Do u know what short forms mean?..Certainly,you don't expect me to be typing formally!..U've got an intractable problem...U don't even know when to use "singular nouns and plural nouns"...#sobbing#...
I've lashed out on u too much for one day...a man can only take as much..Don't want u contemplating suicide.See,I referred to u as a man. Hope u not a 14-yr old,though..

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Is ur predicament so pathetic?...Do u know what "formal" and "informal" mean?..Do u know what short forms mean?..Certainly,you don't expect me to be typing formally!..U've got an intractable problem...U don't even know when to use "singular nouns and plural nouns"...#sobbing#...
I've lashed out on u too much for one day...a man can only take as much..Don't want u contemplating suicide.See,I referred to u as a man. Hope u not a 14-yr old,though..
is NAIRALAND a formal forum where someone should work on his grammar undecided

GOSH!!! I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY I'm STILL TALKING WITH THIS DULL WOMAN
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by ericbenjooo: 2:29am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
can't get your point my guy , she is not ugly, just she is not so beautiful
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
is NAIRALAND a formal forum where someone should work on his grammar undecided

GOSH!!! I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY I'm STILL TALKING WITH THIS DULL WOMAN
“He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a
fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows
not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not
he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and
knows he knows: he is wise - follow him"
Go back and read all ur posts on ur profile,not even 1 perfect sentence...Short forms are allowed,terrible grammatical blunders like urs are abhorred...If u're not completely daft then u ought to have learnt sth 2day..I've had major fun tonight,btw & I hope that proverb is not beyond ur reasoning ability.

#Philosopher Quëën#

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by ericbenjooo: 2:34am On Oct 02, 2015
vizkiz:
just because she's gat good attitude doesn't mean I should marry a vulture undecided
these are the type that later blame themselves half way of their lives, they go for ordinary cosmetics foolishness. OP pls, go 4 the good mannered and u will enjoy 4 D rest of ur life.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 02, 2015
Oliviaarims:

“He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a
fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows
not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not
he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and
knows he knows: he is wise - follow him"
Go back and read all ur posts on ur profile,not even 1 perfect sentence...Short forms are allowed,terrible grammatical blunders like urs are abhorred...If u're not completely daft then u ought to have learnt sth 2day..I've had major fun tonight,btw & I hope that proverb is not beyond ur reasoning ability.

#Philosopher Quëën#
I understand your last form of defense, drifting away from the main issue but concentrating on what won't profit you.

I know WOMEN like you! So dull but think there are intelligent just because there know another's man language,but in reality, facing a form of depression.

I understand you very well
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by sule5727: 3:02am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:

u are a graduate with taste! U better marry d one that respect u if not ur house is on fire
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by SweetTee(f): 3:05am On Oct 02, 2015
I'm not sure how well-mannered the pretty girl is, but if it's not terrible, marry the pretty girl and hire a maid to do your dirty dishes and clean your house.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by maryhaam(f): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2015
Whatever rock ur boat,good manner is important,but been ugly too not cool,its should be a balanced equation.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by SweetTee(f): 3:20am On Oct 02, 2015
tartarus:
*long hiss* because she kneels down to greet you and cleans up after you simply means she has manners??

Well I expected nothing less from a typical Nigerian man, they'll always prefer a lady who won't hurt their already low self esteem! All u want in someone to babysit ur grown arse! Goodluck with ur miss manners! smiley

U never marry miss grammar but u want her to clean up after u abi? Go get diapers! undecided

Your definition of "manners" is funny sha.

You just took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't have said it any better!! I definitely agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by alhaji04: 3:26am On Oct 02, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Marry because of manners not beauty. Beauty can be enhanced ,manners is either their or not!!!!
you hit the point bro smiley
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Eluwilussit(m): 3:27am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:

Marry the one at your level; whatever your level may be. The one you can forgive easily. The one that turns u on more. The one that makes u laugh more, and all that. One thing is sure, everything changes immediately after marriage. Whatever you do, don't marry out of pity. Perspectives change after "I do". Pray! Pray!! Pray!!! When done with the right person, marriage is fun and rewarding. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Fxwarrior: 3:33am On Oct 02, 2015
vizkiz:
just because she's gat good attitude doesn't mean I should marry a vulture undecided

Watch your tongue mister. Whoever said anything about vulture?
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Timoleon(m): 3:40am On Oct 02, 2015
Bonethugss:

I love this, will you marry me grin grin grin
well, pick a date i can come see mum and dad with my dad. wink

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Kazrem(m): 3:49am On Oct 02, 2015
bestestgirl:
So the cleaning she does is what makes you notice her more grin grin grin grin Bulletin for you; we girls have mastered the art of pretence.
If a clean house and freshly laundered clothes sway you that much, hire a housekeeper/cook and buy a washing machine, then marry your beautiful, well educated, grammar controller and enjoy the best of both worlds.

PS. The educated girl is not necessarily bad mannered, she just might surprise you after marriage
Best comment so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Guy / I Think My Guy Is Trying Something With My Crush Behind My Back.. / Seven Kinds Of Ladies Around A Broke Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.