Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? (48233 Views)

Should I Marry This Single Mother? / Beauty Vs Character: Who Gets It Going? / Guys, Can You Marry A Lady Who Is Pretty And Educated, But No Manners ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by AreaFada2: 3:55am On Oct 02, 2015
OP, go with your heart.

It seems to me that School cert babe is more of a traditional wife material, assuming she's not pretending o. You will know better.

As for taste, anyone can begin having taste when money comes.

If status matters so much to you, she can enrol in NOUN to get her "piece of paper" certificate that Nigerians value so much.
Despite no degree, she might be an inherently intelligent lady.

Except of course there are other qualities that put the graduate ahead of the modest lady.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by scarffield(m): 3:57am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
not sure if u read with understanding , the lady stopped at sec school coz of finance. U need to return to nursery school dude.
ar u dvmb....u dont understand wer xhe is drivinq at?......cnt u finance her educati0n
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by alfayaa(m): 4:14am On Oct 02, 2015
what is beauty without manners? bros think well b4 u goof. as for me manners makes a good wife, so I suggest u go for manners.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by ebishuga(f): 4:29am On Oct 02, 2015
Beauty and brains dude!!!! Always beauty and brains....what are house chores? Joor oh
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by jeffizy(m): 4:47am On Oct 02, 2015
bestestgirl:

PS. The educated girl is not necessarily bad mannered, she just might surprise you after marriage
Old habits die hard. Marriage is not a place to enter with hopes of change.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by flyforall: 4:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Pray to God for guidance.
You have to choose who you can't live without and leave who you can live without.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Gordonz07(m): 4:49am On Oct 02, 2015
braine:
Marry the educated Beauty, even tho it may fade later; but there are other qualities she'll have that you'd appreciate. The school cert holder with 'good' manners may just be a pretender to get what she wants. Plus, by the time you upgrade her, you never can tell what she'd turn into.
When you finally upgrade her, she will see no need to be doing the house chores and respect she accords to you.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by menxer: 4:59am On Oct 02, 2015
No matter how much or deep the level you assess and compare them, one is bound to come up short, either way.

We have a saying in my place, "learn from the fig tree" (I am yet to confirm that wisdom grin); meaning look at the 10 most "successful" marriages in your sphere of contact, what made them?

From your score, which of the lady would you be "successful" with if paired in marriage?

PS:
One of the criteria to make the top 10: silver Jubilee celebration. grin
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:12am On Oct 02, 2015
So somebody that finished secondary school and didnt go to university is considered as not educated?.... #onlyinNigeria
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2015
Beauty will definitely fade. Grammar will one day becomes an headache. A lady with good mannerism will find God's favour.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by chimzyblack(m): 5:16am On Oct 02, 2015
what makes you to say the beautiful girl lacks manners? is it because she does not kneel down to greet you or because she does not do your laundry? see Bro, the world has changed gone are the days where women were said to have their place only in the kitchen. A more educated woman, because obviously they are both educated in this modern era is more of an asset than a liability but still she should not forget her duty as a woman and a mother to be.
1. an educated woman tends to also contribute to the family when u have financial problem there by reducing the burden on you
2. she tends to raise smart and beautiful kids because she will teach her children well from a tender age helping to give them a solid background
3. If she is intelligent, your children will also be intelligent provided that you yourself is also smart because intelligence is a hereditary trait. so who wants dull and dumb kids as children?
It is not like I am saying that manners is not important in marriage, it is very important but cleaning and kneeling down should not be a criteria for judging if she will be a good wife. Choose wisely!!

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Funnyfola4: 5:17am On Oct 02, 2015
donholy28:
Who wants to marry a beautiful devil?Just marry d one u won't live to regret it

Hmm.... You talk sense

Abeg, leave those two, come marry me!!
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by GodnGold: 5:17am On Oct 02, 2015
ksbusari:
Marry the lady wit d secondary schl cert and ur friends and families brand her uneducated, Half educated and all sort of names especially when she misbehaves.
Marry d educated girl and she would also receive d comment dat education does nt pass tru her when she misbehaves too. I was in situation One tym. Pray to God for guidance. Bt i would choose, i prefer the educated girl cos if u choose the other, u will av to explain to a lot of pple.
You dazed me with your last statement bro!Now,in this era,do you think what folks say or do matters?
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2015
go for manner cuz beauty fades away
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Lolladey(f): 5:24am On Oct 02, 2015
Go after your heart. Carry out your actions in such ways and manners that you won't end up saying 'had I known'. Miss manners might just end up being dramatic while miss beauty might adjust to being homely. You can never ever predict what your behavior can also turn out to be in future. Do you at any given point in time appreciate beauty than any other xter or it's the other way round? The answer is yours and only yours to answer.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Acidosis(m): 5:25am On Oct 02, 2015
Marry the one who respects, love and care about your family.

Run away from that woman whose interest only lies on "JUST YOU & I"

Marriage is much more than a Wife & Husband affair. Both family/relatives would interfere whether you like it or not.

Who among the two ladies ask about/care about your siblings? Mother? Has anyone talked about the wickedness of mother in-laws in your presence?

Cleaning dishes/cooking are minor issues bro. Look deeper, you'd see your wife.

Do not fall for a mannerless grammar speaking journalist; and do not fall for a manner-ful pretender. Both could cut your life short.

Btw, you might want to consider the benefits of marrying a woman who contributes financially to the home. Before you do, listen to her body language. Is she very stingy? When you buy her gifts, do you get a positive "thank you" appreciation? Do you get a thank you the following day?

If you buy a simple material like BIRO (Pen), some women would keep thanking you for a week or more; while some would look down on you and your gift.

The less educated lady may simply be practicing the trainings she got from home. I personally won't cope with a lazy storyteller, as I've lived all my days with very dedicated, committed, respectful, loyal and hard working women. This has nothing to do with education, but upbringing. An MSc holder can spend more time cooking, while another with common BSc can spend more time painting lips, eye & gossip.

Do not listen to those telling you to hire a maid, and all; who would pay up maid's monthly salary? Them or You? Do you have that ability?

Don't ever think about sponsoring a GIRLFRIEND in school. Take note of the word girlfriend. 99% of guys who did that cried at the end. If you must sponsor, MARRY, and don't nurture a long-distance affair.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Davidddon(m): 5:28am On Oct 02, 2015
vizkiz:
just because she's gat good attitude doesn't mean I should marry a vulture undecided
your sarcastic way of thinking is overwhelming. You should be courteous at least. grin
vizkiz:
just because she's gat good attitude doesn't mean I should marry a vulture undecided
your sarcastic way of thinking is overwhelming. You should be courteous at least.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by adepiero: 5:30am On Oct 02, 2015
I know this thread has gone a long way but I'll still give in my piece.

Guy, never settle for less and stick to your standard!

The semi educated lady might have a wife material quality but then its not enough to say she is better off and the fact that the educated one isn't doing the cleaning doesn't mean she can't!

Women are very unstable even more unstable than some chemical compounds. What if you upgrade the semi educated girl and then she goes ballistic! or you talk to the educated girl and she adjust her manners. undecided

Bottom line is that you need to take charge and define what you want with who you are going for. wink

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by juddexy2(m): 5:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Op needs to throw more light on this issue.. The educated girl is she Ill mannered? Nagging type? While the sch cert babe, is she respectful, intelligent ... The way we seeing school cert like one unripe educated level sef.. I finished my cert with tremendous result, I had good grasp of insight and understanding. Could solve some basic problems etc.. I may not give u the best advice cos of information limitation but what I do know is that beauty fades some day, what keeps you going is the inner substance
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Alal(m): 5:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Bro, there is nothing like you having a lady with good manners, pls marry the other one, you can send her to school, give her rest of mind and you will see that her beauty cos what a woman needs is rest of mind. Cheers.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 02, 2015
superbloke:
I don't believe this your story. I find it hard to believe that a graduate, as you call yourself, who's looking to get married, is caught in a dilemma of choice between a well-spoken graduate lady and a well mannered semi-literate and that's it. I mean, these are the most important things to you? How beautiful a lady is and how well she speaks or the fact that she cleans up after you? What happened to connection, dreams, shared vision and how much of a better person she makes you? How much do you know them? I don't know if you're ready for marriage. Or maybe you need to share the full story.

This is all there is to say.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by espn(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

Now, I also have a young lady that comes around, and I observed that they are both different in manners. She is not a graduate, she stopped at secondary school level due to finance problem.

When this not so schooled lady comes around she always notices disorganized things and would arrange them, would notice dirty floor and mop up,wash dirty dishes etc. She would not greet me without bending her left knee slightly to show respect. She is not as beautiful as the educated lady though.

The graduate lady do none of these things, all we do is just gist.

Lately the school cert lady makes me feel the warmth of a caring lady, I am beginning to notice her more.

I am a graduate with tastes, I don't know what I want again, I am confused, somebody advise.
bros don't get it twisted manners comes first..you wouldn't want a wife you would end up beating or having regrets marrying! To older I become the more I understand what life is!
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by david22uu(m): 5:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Beauty fades, manners never fades
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Antoinne: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:
I am limping between decisions, I need your piece of advice to buoy my wobbling senses. A well educated lady is in my radar, I like ladies that control grammar very well, in fact I am a sucker for such ladies. This my lady controls grammar so well and she is beautiful, a graduate.

Now, I also have a young lady that comes around, and I observed that they are both different in manners. She is not a graduate, she stopped at secondary school level due to finance problem.

When this not so schooled lady comes around she always notices disorganized things and would arrange them, would notice dirty floor and mop up,wash dirty dishes etc. She would not greet me without bending her left knee slightly to show respect. She is not as beautiful as the educated lady though.

Lately the school cert lady makes me feel the warmth of a caring lady, I am beginning to notice her more.

I am a graduate with tastes, I don't know what I want again, I am confused, somebody advise.

I'm not gonna bother answering your question, cos I have no experience in that department. However, I couldn't help but notice your writing above your request. You write well. With the many woeful grammatical spins one sees on here, this comes as a relief.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by greenhope(m): 5:56am On Oct 02, 2015
Her and Her Mother Manners
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by agabaI23(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2015
Marry the graduate. You can't expect a graduate to come do those cleaning things when you have not proposed to her.

A maid or hired hand can clean up your house. You cannot underestimate how pissed off you will be with that girl because of her poor grammar. You don't know what she will turn to if she is educated to graduate level. Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Ifebazz(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2015
tido77:

Beauty fades. Even beauty alone cannot run your home for you. It takes much more than a pretty face to be a woman. You will see the true beauty in the school cert lady by the time you get her through a Diploma. Don't be deceived by the works of make-up artists.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Hmmm bros, I want you to think about tomorrow but God owns tomorrow. When you marry educated lady without manners divorce is inievictable.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 02, 2015
Manners of coz........hbd to me

1 Like

Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by Osemond123(m): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2015
vizkiz:

lols very funny.
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by PascalJ(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2015
DrGroove:
the school cert girl can even clean ur a s s hole after u pOo.what else has she to offer?
the educated girl isn't mannerless.she just cant act like ur maid while the sch cert girl knows she is below u n inferior so performing domestic chores n kneeling for u,to her is a way to get ur mind.
Marry her n educate her.dont come back to tell us another story o

Dat's kind of harsh. I think beauty consolidated with gud character is desirable in a woman I would want to be identified with. I know u are well educated & probably a woman of means, anyway clothe urself with d garment of humility, thanks
Re: Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? by ade2291(m): 6:09am On Oct 02, 2015
Op the only permanent thing in life is change, that uneducated lady can still change to become bad after marriage. But her current attitude is a loving one, so my advice for you is to give it some time. Since you are ready to get married tell the educated lady to help do some of the things the uneducated lady had been doing and see her reactions. Lastly a life without prayer is a life without power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Seven Kinds Of Ladies Around A Broke Guy / I Think My Guy Is Trying Something With My Crush Behind My Back.. / I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.