Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" (37773 Views)

Guys, have You Ever Fallen In Love With A Below Average Looking Girl? / Here Is Why You Shouldnt Give Up On Average Looking Girls[photo] / Things An Average-looking Guy Can Do To Increase His 'market Value' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=flawlessT post=38723272]The simple truth here is dat I dnt even understand a bit of wat u just typed here...Chill nah so u can make a point :-
\[/quote

no wahala... wuld u rather i repeat in pidgin or ur dialect since simple english isnt workn out very well fr u]

1 Like

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Swiftboy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
pinkiberry:
only desperate girls that really need to marry do this but sorry i arnt desperate. tongue

after doing all these for a guy he starts feeling like some kind of demigod.
You said this cos you're still very young and you have alot of suitors.
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by ekemini606: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
activelyA:
U have come again oo undecided

All about the ladies and what they should and not do...

Why should it be the ladies needing an increament in "market value", why not both male and female?

Remember what I called you??

Yet another thread displaying it.
Later you will say you are not a chauvinist undecided

Because ur the only ones complaining when all ur friends are done with marriage
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by bukatyne(f): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
pinkiberry:
only desperate girls that really need to marry do this but sorry i arnt desperate. tongue

I am trying to align the OP with desperacy or a guy feeling like a 'demi-god'.

I might not agree with all his points or the way he implied some of them BUT a lady with these characteristics cannot go wrong.

AND all ladies beautiful or not should have some or all of these characteristics.

2 Likes

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=emmanuellaj post=38726184]Do this for your fiancee or husband but for a boyfriend don't try it o....it hardly pays off the guy may even think u a desperado...I have a friend Who did all this and more sef look at her now she's single AF and the Dude has a baby with another chick all this unknown to her.[/quote[quote author=MissEfe post=38724509][/quote

now u knw d feeling y we are stingy in relationships... rada save all dat money fr ur wife who will b worth it in d end and spend it on her lavishly dan on some cheap hungry girls]
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by activelyA(f): 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
pbs4real:
he's not a chauvinist neither is he a misogyny jez learn it will help*cheers*
Now follow me as we imagine....
A supposed under market value girl is seen in Segun's house trimming his nails on Tuesday and is also seen knotting Aminu's tie on Thursday. Then she goes about being nice to Chike mummy and buying gifts for his siblings( who will collect it and still tag her 'desperate')

Her weekends are busy as she is using her money to cook for Samuel.

Note: these men are not her boy friends but she's only 'increasing her market value' undecided

Now imagine this girl was your sister...
Will you still encourage this topic and post? undecided

Oh well undecided undecided
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
emusmith:
Sub-Topic: Things An "Average Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Make Her PREFERABLE In The Dating World

They are not so pretty so they employ all methods possible to keep themselves irresistible and wanted in the "dating world".

Note: These is not applicable to all of them but a few well-mannered ones who really wanna settle down.

Character, they say is what is left when beauty fades away; She holds on tenaciously to that seeing the BIG picture.

The painful truth is, by DEFAULT 60% of Beautiful girls are on the contrary of all she believes in. As I said, most of it are old-fashioned but it's working for her.

I'm not generalizing

What are some things that an average-looking girl can do to make her WANTED in the Dating World?
Calhanoglu in Bayer Leverkusen may not be a very good midfielder but he is splendid at free kicks, so Man.Utd are after him smiley

THE TRUTH IS, MOST OF THESE POINTS ARE INHERENT IN SOME.

1. Being nice with guys, in general. She is a helper.

Have you ever seen a lady who guys truly like? She is not that pretty but to guys, THAT LADY HAS CHARACTER and that sets her apart. She is nice even when she doesn't wanna date you, her wisdom in putting you off is astonishingly amazing. You feel good after she implies a No. That's being Nice. She even sends you a message after that but withdraws on time. I've met a few of them. After saying NO to you, you friend zone yourself in tacit, lol! She's just a gem.

2. "Irrelevant" and "Old fashioned" things like cutting his toe nails, bursting his pimples, knotting his tye, massaging his tired laps etc, are frequently done by her.

Yea, she does it and does it with humility and love. Not only when he gives you cash or buy you a gift. No. She does it because she loves to keep her man that way. It has become a part of her. She is "handy".

3. "Letting her guard down" most times, by becoming a friend to his difficult sisters and brothers.

When a girl like her starts getting closer to him, she may find out how some of his family members are a bit hysterical and difficult towards her. She doesn't turn away so quickly. If she likes him, she stays back and keep a good attitude. Soon, they'll see the stuff she's made of and will mark her "Good". Is it necessary? The question should be, Is he worth it? If he is, she will keep an optimal attitude.

4. Calling his mum, mummy- in such a way...

Yea, this may be common but hers is quite different. Most women know who their daughter-in-law will eventually be, most times, they know by the way she even addresses her subconsciously. It's a bit a mystery. She just can tell when she calls her, "mummy" in such that way... smiley

5. Being simple in dressing thus passing a message to him: "I'm not extravagant; I'll take good care of our money."

I'm listing here what most average-looking ladies do to spell their worth in Bolded Fonts. One way is her dressing. To me, you mustn't reveal cleavage or bum to show you're pretty even when you know you're not. When pretty ones do stuff like that, guys see them like peddlers how much more you? Well, when she dresses modern and decent, she stands out. Did I say, those long and awkward-looking "ear machetes" Or earrings are not necessary to look decent?

6. When cooking, not over buying and over spending, sometimes she uses her own cash- Still passing a very vital message over to him.

Old fashioned? Yes! I know many ladies who do this not because they are trying to win him but because they are just that way. When you, an average... do it, you're passing a timely message. Even in Uni then, there were ladies who were like Mamas. Guys and friends can trust them for food then. They are homely. Guys love that in ladies tho. An economical lady. The sweetness of a correct egusi soup IS NOT directly proportional to the amount of money used i making it but the skillfulness in the lady involved.

7. She spends time building herself intellectually. How most men love this!

Aya! Who doesn't love a girl who knows that she knows but still knows when to come in? She mustn't be a lawyer or a doctor to be a reader or learned. After all, many of those talk flippantly and still don't make sense. She acquires skills for the purpose of her Husby and children. That's preparation. Don't forget that many husbands have lost the route to their wives' pots and channeled it to one Mama Put or One Ekaete somewhere.

Have a nice day. smiley

@OP:

What is 'old-fashioned' in bursting a pimple or cutting toe nails? I thought they are stuffs people do for their loved ones?

@Characteristics of lady: I hope she is like that to everyone and not because she wants to 'hook' a man

I also do not agree with taking shait from his siblings so that she is 'seen' as good.

A nice tread I must say.
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Youngpo413: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
pinkiberry:

those desperate ladies were not desperate from the start,I'm sure they used to make this your exact statement too...only TIME can tell.

2 Likes

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by emmanuellaj(f): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=louismane post=38726857][/quote] what are u talking about this is not even about money and money is only an obstacle in a relationship when the dude is broke if u have money spending it shouldn't be a burden to u if u love what u spending your money on...when you can't spend on your wife when you dating her is it when you married u will spend very funny
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Monalisa185(f): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
For me a girl with these attributes is the most beautiful girl in the world.

I have seen incredibly beautiful girls with nasty characters who feel you owe them something because they are beautiful.... Such girls disgust me

easy na...haba

1 Like

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by goooze(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
I'm a lucky man because my wife possessed all these afro mentioned qualities
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=emmanuellaj post=38727269] what are u talking about this is not even about money and money is only an obstacle in a relationship when the dude is broke if u have money spending it shouldn't be a burden to u if u love what u spending your money on...when you can't spend on your wife when you dating her is it when you married u will spend very funny[/quote

sme tin... if u cant show some of things to a bf dat the op posted den is it wen u marry him u will nw show it? please lets call a spade a spade.. and nog b bias. and spending money on pple isnt dependent on being broke or rich... it depends on what d other has to offer.. u cnt have nothing to offer and expect somtn bck frm d oda... simple]
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by HaneefahRN(f): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
emmanuellaj:
Do this for your fiancee or husband but for a boyfriend don't try it o....it hardly pays off the guy may even think u a desperado...I have a friend Who did all this and more sef look at her now she's single AF and the Dude has a baby with another chick all this unknown to her.
A woman shld just do her best and pray to God to choose the best for her. Some Men ehn! Ur story reminds me of a friend of mine too, as in the lady tried for that guy, this 1 na fiance o, not knowing the man had 2 diff side chicks apart from her we dey do weekday thns for him while she goes to his place on wkends. Thank God She found out though.

1 Like

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
activelyA:
U have come again oo undecided

All about the ladies and what they should and not do...

Why should it be the ladies needing an increament in "market value", why not both male and female?

Remember what I called you??

Yet another thread displaying it.
Later you will say you are not a chauvinist undecided
LADIES don suffer.
Chaiiiiiiiiiii.
In as much as points are raised , I feel perpetually disappointed in these DAILY THREADS involving ladies.
No day goes without bashing of ladies.
Are these LADIES complaining..?
Which one be MARKET VALUE...?
MARRIAGE is now the ROAD TO ELDORADO

1 Like

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
chymystique:
All these because of Men? Some who might just want to take advantage of the female. I think this thread should be about being one-self instead of attributing these qualities to being marketable to the opposite sex.. Like seriously there is more to life than trying to impress the male gender.
Men only 'take advantage' when its the only thing they can get. These things are 'too hard' (old-fashioned, as quoted by OP) and that's why we hav divorces all over the place these days lipsrsealed
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
MsBliss:
Please how can I increase my bank account value? undecided
Open ur legs wide like the red sea for the highest bidders undecided
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by petkoffDrake(m): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
pinkiberry:

but if its to chop his money with ur small mouth, u'll b desperate. dey there, until u attain menopause
nonsense!
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by sandland: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2015
It is all about being a good woman. For your own intrest.
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by zubby29(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
hw do u intend ur man to feel like bfr?demi satan? lipsrsealed no b me talk am o
pinkiberry:

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by activelyA(f): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
EVILFOREST:

LADIES don suffer.
Chaiiiiiiiiiii.
In as much as points are raised , I feel perpetually disappointed in these DAILY THREADS involving ladies.
No day goes without bashing of ladies.
Are these LADIES complaining..?
Which one be MARKET VALUE...?
MARRIAGE is now the ROAD TO ELDORADO
No be small sumthin oooooo shocked

Like a girl just recently broke a super moderator's heart.

Omo see another new thread for front page again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
I actually thought it's a lady who came up with this till I scrolled up. Seriously dude, why did you stop, there's more!
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by flawlessT(f): 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=louismane post=38726504][/quote]It's not even all abt dah,its all about calming ur arrogant sef down so u culd think well b4 postin some shits cus I dnt get whr dis whole fin is hitting u undecided
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Owliver(m): 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
69MissedCalls:
if a girl does all this for me I'll suspect she's up to something. in a country as tense as Nigeria someone will come and be bursting another person's pimples? tweaaah! gerrarahia grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Owliver(m): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
petkoffDrake:

but if its to chop his money with ur small mouth, u'll b desperate. dey there, until u attain menopause
nonsense!
grin grin grin you dey mind them.
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Owliver(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
successinlife:

Naija women can form over sabi. Hmn foreign women are hijacking most naija men nowadays,what is wrong with showing love to your husband to be. He will look elsewhere if you don't show him love and want to ride him.The response of most naija girls self sometimes will put a reasonable guy off,i was chatting with a lady yesterday and the response just put me off.Simple question,what is your height and weight,after duly giving mine turned to fight after hash response of can't you see it on my profile? don't you have eyes?it is not too good to be too strict or not polite to simple reasoning.

Because of pressure of marrying a naija i have seen the clear differences in foreign and homegrown ladies.Our naija girls can jump too quick to conclusion,God help us.
the ones that are young are always rude and stoopid meeehn. i tire oh. when they get older now they will be loyal to everyone. thats why i dont pity them angry
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
flawlessT:
It's not even all abt dah,its all about calming ur arrogant sef down so u culd think well b4 postin some shits cus I dnt get whr dis whole fin is hitting u undecided

smh... lets nt get ahead of ourselves, i dnt hve time fr dis... its nt ur fault u dont understand english..dnt b soo hard on urself... now leave me alone so i cn engage in dialogue with more intellectually exposed individuals.. thnku
..fyi park well...
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by jackie35(m): 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
emusmith:
Sub-Topic: Things An "Average Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Make Her PREFERABLE In The Dating World

They are not so pretty so they employ all methods possible to keep themselves irresistible and wanted in the "dating world".

Note: These is not applicable to all of them but a few well-mannered ones who really wanna settle down.

Character, they say is what is left when beauty fades away; She holds on tenaciously to that seeing the BIG picture.

The painful truth is, by DEFAULT 60% of Beautiful girls are on the contrary of all she believes in. As I said, most of it are old-fashioned but it's working for her.

I'm not generalizing

What are some things that an average-looking girl can do to make her WANTED in the Dating World?
Calhanoglu in Bayer Leverkusen may not be a very good midfielder but he is splendid at free kicks, so Man.Utd are after him smiley

THE TRUTH IS, MOST OF THESE POINTS ARE INHERENT IN SOME.

1. Being nice with guys, in general. She is a helper.

Have you ever seen a lady who guys truly like? She is not that pretty but to guys, THAT LADY HAS CHARACTER and that sets her apart. She is nice even when she doesn't wanna date you, her wisdom in putting you off is astonishingly amazing. You feel good after she implies a No. That's being Nice. She even sends you a message after that but withdraws on time. I've met a few of them. After saying NO to you, you friend zone yourself in tacit, lol! She's just a gem.

2. "Irrelevant" and "Old fashioned" things like cutting his toe nails, bursting his pimples, knotting his tye, massaging his tired laps etc, are frequently done by her.

Yea, she does it and does it with humility and love. Not only when he gives you cash or buy you a gift. No. She does it because she loves to keep her man that way. It has become a part of her. She is "handy".

3. "Letting her guard down" most times, by becoming a friend to his difficult sisters and brothers.

When a girl like her starts getting closer to him, she may find out how some of his family members are a bit hysterical and difficult towards her. She doesn't turn away so quickly. If she likes him, she stays back and keep a good attitude. Soon, they'll see the stuff she's made of and will mark her "Good". Is it necessary? The question should be, Is he worth it? If he is, she will keep an optimal attitude.

4. Calling his mum, mummy- in such a way...

Yea, this may be common but hers is quite different. Most women know who their daughter-in-law will eventually be, most times, they know by the way she even addresses her subconsciously. It's a bit a mystery. She just can tell when she calls her, "mummy" in such that way... smiley

5. Being simple in dressing thus passing a message to him: "I'm not extravagant; I'll take good care of our money."

I'm listing here what most average-looking ladies do to spell their worth in Bolded Fonts. One way is her dressing. To me, you mustn't reveal cleavage or bum to show you're pretty even when you know you're not. When pretty ones do stuff like that, guys see them like peddlers how much more you? Well, when she dresses modern and decent, she stands out. Did I say, those long and awkward-looking "ear machetes" Or earrings are not necessary to look decent?

6. When cooking, not over buying and over spending, sometimes she uses her own cash- Still passing a very vital message over to him.

Old fashioned? Yes! I know many ladies who do this not because they are trying to win him but because they are just that way. When you, an average... do it, you're passing a timely message. Even in Uni then, there were ladies who were like Mamas. Guys and friends can trust them for food then. They are homely. Guys love that in ladies tho. An economical lady. The sweetness of a correct egusi soup IS NOT directly proportional to the amount of money used i making it but the skillfulness in the lady involved.

7. She spends time building herself intellectually. How most men love this!

Aya! Who doesn't love a girl who knows that she knows but still knows when to come in? She mustn't be a lawyer or a doctor to be a reader or learned. After all, many of those talk flippantly and still don't make sense. She acquires skills for the purpose of her Husby and children. That's preparation. Don't forget that many husbands have lost the route to their wives' pots and channeled it to one Mama Put or One Ekaete somewhere.

Have a nice day. smiley

and above all, respect his opinion (jackie in the house)
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
MsBliss:
Please how can I increase my bank account value? undecided

Good one.
It's time we girls learnt to be about our own money, not "dressing simply to let him know HIS[b][/b] money would be safe and well invested."

Thumbs up sis

1 Like

Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by flawlessT(f): 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
louismane:

smh... lets nt get ahead of ourselves, i dnt hve time fr dis... its nt ur fault u dont understand english..dnt b soo hard on urself... now leave me alone so i cn engage in dialogue with more intellectually exposed individuals.. thnku
..fyi park well...
U just needed ma attention n u got it so sleep happy with dis...Am not gud at insulting pple dah fast cus I knw it will make u miserable for days if I start so just stop quoting me.
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
May be I don't agree with all the things said here but the writer has sure made some very cogent points which I think every well meaning and a lady with substance should look out for. Empty ones could look away but this is a real nugget.
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=Taoists post=38721164] animification #laughing#
Re: Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=flawlessT post=38729780]U just needed ma attention n u got it so sleep happy with dis...Am not gud at insulting pple dah fast cus I knw it will make u miserable for days if I start so just stop quoting me.[/quote

wateva... good riddance... just let me be... i dnt hve ur time]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video: American Pastor, David Wilson Caught On Camera Eating A Lady's V*gina / 7 Signs Your Girlfriend Is Taking Advantage Of You / What Is The Normal Height For A Nigerian Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.