Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. (8811 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / I Cant Break Up With Her...need Your Advice Pls / Big Problem, Do I Get Away From Her? Need Help From Any Mature Women/men... :/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2009
Again, I'd like to thank you all for your kinds words and prayers and your advice.
olanajim:

To be honest with you, the whole thing still remain unclear to me,

I know that people want to be loved and that they want to love somone, but I still can't understand certain things especially with regard to those who travel abroad and then deceive innocen ladies into love only to flee after they make a breakthrough. This act should b roundly condemned and must be collectively outcasted. Any amn who do that should be ostracised until he is back in the lowest rung of the society where they belong,

There are many options for you, Madam poster. But it all depend on what you want.

I recommend that you see what is happeneing as seed that will yield something positive for you. At this moment of your darkness, I now you will need strenght to carry on. You will also need extra-ordinary will-power to be able to trust men again, especially those that are from the lower rund of the social ladder. But you must never be negative.

I totally agree with you and was very suprised to find out that this happens more often than not with foreign men and American women-however, he decieved me for longer than most men in his position have-which just makes him evil in my book. To think-just as of last year we began having problems because I was pressuring him to finally marry me-I thought that was the biggest problem we had at the time.

I am definitely going to have a difficult time learning to trust and love again. I am not even sure I want to go through this again ever in life.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by olanajim(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2009
@brutal,

In life, the cheapest thing you get is talk. Sadly, the only way you can get the bes out of life is to express it. That is why we can't do away with talking. When you look at every peoblems, you will recognise a familiar partnern; they tend to be the most difficult to the victim. But there are people with greater problems who will simply wave aside the victims problems.

The wise man, who want to get the best out of his problem must as a matter of necesity listen to every talk that flew past his ears. whether sane or insane. somewhere in the storm of these varbal advices will emerge the solution to what look like an intractable problem.

You know the poster have two options:
1. To continue to lament the problem and seek sympathisers who are ready to help her lambast her oppresor;
2. she may as well accept what had happned and chooce to live on. But not without picking up one or two lessons sp that it will never repeat itself again.

from her story, she made a mistake which was very glaring to all. But she can look beyond it and live.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by olanajim(m): 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2009
@khadija,
let me tell you something. The biggest mistake you can make is not to trust again. You will definitely trust again, but not foolishly.

yes, he decieved you. that is not typically African. It happens all over the world. It happens even among the whites. i know of some people who will marry a rich lady just to have a share of her wealth. And then, when the lady is thinking she is in, the man will file for divorce and they share her wealth. This happens more abroad.

The problem your man hs may be his own making and it may be as a result of presure from the family. I will not join in others by castigating him. We all knows that some fmilies go to the extent of using juju tobring back someone who has gone abroad for many years. a friend of mine fell victim to that and he is now suffering alone.

Rather than worry yourself with betrayal, look within and find your own strenght. resolve in your mind that you must rise above him. Your positive attitude will fetch you a better man. and it will spell his own downfall. look beynd the problem. Like someone said to me above, it easier said than done. But it must not be for long. after rain comes sunshine. You have the choice to begin afresh or remain grief striken forever. But from your attitde, I have no doubt that of you are indeed close to God, you will smile sooner than you thought.

Don't make the mistake many people made by hating all men just because of the hurt of a single man. It will aggravate the problem. But, love with caution!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Igwe9(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2009
Hope you 're not nursing any form of ''Good girl gone bad'' idea. grin , or may had thought of being a second wife to him, common,cheer up! you can never tell what God has in stock for you. move on girl!
ciao! smiley smiley smiley
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by C2H5OH(f): 12:04am On Apr 27, 2009
Second wife might not be farfetched. She is already looking for resorts.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 27, 2009
It's sad to hear what happened to you, but even sadder to notice that you're delaying moving on. Your child needs structure! I'm curious, how long do u think this amicable picking up his daughter and returning her to the mother routine is going to play out? You've already established that his wife is strong willed and i'm sure she's not going to want him to have constant contact with you. I think you should start planning ahead, practically, for yourself, and especially for your daughter. You've had your time to be angry about what he did, but now it's time to put into effect what it takes to be a good mother, self-sacrifice. Your daughter might hate you, but you have some very serious decisions to make, One that will save her a lot of trauma in the future. When she's a bit older, she can decide what her relationship with her dad is going to be like, but for now you need to define it before it all blows up in your face. This man is obviously calculating, because if he can pull out the 2 wives card, he's trying to have his cake and eat it at your expense.

You've shown a lot of strength and dignity with your actions towards him thus far, so i encourage you to continue that way. But if you try to define a better future for yourself and the child and he doesn't emulate the calm you've shown and be dignified about things, feel free to gather your circle of friends for support.You are definitely not alone, and you don't have to be. God be with you.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Kunbee: 2:12am On Apr 27, 2009
I pray God wuld give you d strenght to carry on and be strong and shine His glorious light along ur path as u take steps dat will make u a beta person, dis is a phase it will pass. Lucky u r 29 u can get married, but sis U ARE NICE u learnt our language, pounded yam even some Nigerian women wont do dat u r wonderful, graceful and a woman of substance U ARE NICE. But next time u give ur heart out make sure u do it with prayers not when its over and u r shattered. I have an uncle who did it and my mum's still furious at him, as somepeople say love but leave space for uncertainity and make sure ur love is not blind but wearing astronomical telescope and taking a vacation on Mount sinai. God in his infinite mercy wuld grant u understanding remember behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining and most importantly UR DAUGHTER COMES FIRST. Gudluck
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by oYaTo(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2009
If it were up to me, I'd cease all forms of contact with him. Dropping off/picking up your daughter, calling him to speak to your daughter thereby hearing his voice on the phone. .will only hinder you from moving on. Having contact with him still gives u a sense of hope that he might come to his senses one day and it'll all work out just fine, but face reality: he has his wife and kids with him now, and that's HIS family as far as he's concerned. .

Move to a new city if u have to. Tell your daughter "Dad has returned to Africa" or something. You said earlier your daughter can't live one day without seeing him. .well, she'll just have to get used to the new life. You're her mother.

The important thing is to erase him from your life and move on. It won't be easy, but it can be done.

It's kinda amazing how some men think. What goes around definitely comes around.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Euchena: 9:02am On Apr 27, 2009
I feel sad for the predicament that you find yourself in . I'm in somewhat similiar situation. My Anambra husband after 18months of marriage now wants nothing to do with me and lives elsewhere on weekends. I have found out that the woman he has been seeing has no papers and is married to an american man trying to get papers. Since I now know her name and address and family I am seriously considering turining her in to Immigration so when she goes in for her papers, they will have the bangles waiting for her. I told him that I can't make him love me and I can't stop his actions but I sure can change her address. If he does not like it he can go back to Nigeria with her. For all of his dishonesty and lies I'll just make her pay. By the way she knows he is married and had disturbed our marriage the whole 18 months we have been togather.
I feel so cheated and disrespected by this Wyowyo man. I hear she is a JUJU woman from Calabar and he is from Anambra. My Enugu friends say this is a hopeless case and marriage counseling has not helped. He is a well educated professional man living a double life and now claims that he is a seer which I think is a JUJU or Dibia man. What are these prayers to Elmez, is this a wichcraft diety. We used to be friends and worked togather before we bacame lovers and married. I feel that he may have another wife or may be still married to his children's mother. He won't let me meet any of his family and they probably don't know of my existance. I thought we'd grow old togather and rock his grandchildren one day I am so hurt and betrayed, disappointed. I had always heard that African men were so family oriented and good husbands. He claims to be a good catholic but lives a double life with this JUJU business. I married for love but got hate in return.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by posakosa(m): 9:29am On Apr 27, 2009
@Euchena

call immigration on that biotch and call it a day. Revenge is best served on a cooold platter.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by oYaTo(m): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2009
posakosa:

@Euchena

call immigration on that biotch and call it a day. Revenge is best served on a cooold platter.

frank talk  grin cool
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by brutal(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2009
posakosa:

@Euchena

What for?immigration will do nothin,d guy got doc.life's not fair,so expect d worse.she has been fooled,but that's not d end of d world.i hope she has learnt from her mistakes,if not she'll be fooled over and over again. i always say"know who u r dealin with".WELCOME 2 D REAL WORLD.sorry!.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2009
Thank you guys for these recent thoughts. However, quite a few of you have suggested that I cut off all communication with him which would include taking my daughter away from him-that is something I WILL NOT DO! I speak from personal experience when I say that backfires like crazy! She will not grow up to "understand", instead, she will hate my guts for keeping her away from her father when she gets old enough to understand that I did it on purpose.

My mother did that to my brother and I because she couldn't stand our father and went so far as to threaten to kick us out if she found out we went to see him when we were only 4 and 8 years old. We had to sneak around to see him, until she moved us out of state and he had no idea where we were. My dad missed out on a big portion of me and my brother's life because of what my Mom did and I will not subject my baby to that. And contrary to how a lot of today's 'independent' women think, I believe a girl needs her dad in her life. Even statistics prove that girls that grow up with their dads in their life keep their virginity longer, are more confident of themselves, and overall fare better in life than girls who do not.

Besides, she has NOTHING to do with the very adult situation that's going on here, and I'd like to keep it that way. I have shielded her from what I could, and I have explained what couldn't be hidden in this situation. Again-this her living with him situation is only for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks that school is in-after that she is coming back home and I will leave it up to him to maintain contact with her. I am not going to force his daughter on him. I want him to be a part of her life, but I am also not above letting my daughter come to realize what kind of asshole her Daddy is on her own.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2009
@oyato-Boy, I just moved to this city 3 years ago, and closed on my house in February-I'm not going anywhere! I will not let him run me out of town. I'm about to go back to school in August and my dream job is right here-he is the one who should move if anything.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2009
Euchena:

I feel sad for the predicament that you find yourself in . I'm in somewhat similiar situation. My Anambra husband after 18months of marriage now wants nothing to do with me and lives elsewhere on weekends. I have found out that the woman he has been seeing has no papers and is married to an american man trying to get papers. Since I now know her name and address and family I am seriously considering turining her in to Immigration so when she goes in for her papers, they will have the bangles waiting for her. I told him that I can't make him love me and I can't stop his actions but I sure can change her address. If he does not like it he can go back to Nigeria with her. For all of his dishonesty and lies I'll just make her pay. By the way she knows he is married and had disturbed our marriage the whole 18 months we have been togather.
I feel so cheated and disrespected by this Wyowyo man. I hear she is a JUJU woman from Calabar and he is from Anambra. My Enugu friends say this is a hopeless case and marriage counseling has not helped. He is a well educated professional man living a double life and now claims that he is a seer which I think is a JUJU or Dibia man. What are these prayers to Elmez, is this a wichcraft diety. We used to be friends and worked togather before we bacame lovers and married. I feel that he may have another wife or may be still married to his children's mother. He won't let me meet any of his family and they probably don't know of my existance. I thought we'd grow old togather and rock his grandchildren one day I am so hurt and betrayed, disappointed. I had always heard that African men were so family oriented and good husbands. He claims to be a good catholic but lives a double life with this JUJU business. I married for love but got hate in return.

Oh my. I am sooo sorry this is happening to you. Do you guys have any children together? Anyways, just keep praying and just thank the Lord that you found all this out sooner rather than later. Don't call immigration on that lady. If you believe that our God is an awesome God, then she too, will get what's coming to her. But if you take it upon yourself to do it, then it seems like you're just looking for revenge and that is putting yourself in the way of sin. Why do that to yourself? If you let go of hate in your heart and put yourself in the way of blessings, then blessings will come to you.

Trust me, the bastard will pay for his wrongdoings to you one way or the other. When you intentionally hurt other people, you will never prosper-and that saying goes for you as well, young lady,
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by brutal(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2009
IyaKadijat:

Thank you guys for these recent thoughts. However, quite a few of you have suggested that I cut off all communication with him which would include taking my daughter away from him-that is something I WILL NOT DO! I speak from personal experience when I say that backfires like crazy! She will not grow up to "understand", instead, she will hate my guts for keeping her away from her father when she gets old enough to understand that I did it on purpose.

My mother did that to my brother and I because she couldn't stand our father and went so far as to threaten to kick us out if she found out we went to see him when we were only 4 and 8 years old. We had to sneak around to see him, until she moved us out of state and he had no idea where we were. My dad missed out on a big portion of me and my brother's life because of what my Mom did and I will not subject my baby to that. And contrary to how a lot of today's 'independent' women think, I believe a girl needs her dad in her life. Even statistics prove that girls that grow up with their dad's in their life keep their virginity longer, are more confident of themselves, and overall fair better in life than girls who do not.

Besides, she has NOTHING to do with the very adult situation that's going on here, and I'd like to keep it that way. I have shielded her from what I could, and I have explained what couldn't be hidden in this situation. Again-this her living with him situation is only for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks that school is in-after that she is coming back home and I will leave it up to him to maintain contact with her. I am not going to force his daughter on him. I want him to be a part of her life, but I am also not above letting my daughter come to realize what kind of asshole her Daddy is on her own.
                                                                                                                                                                              Absolutely correct.even d law knows he has equal rights(50-50)2 see his daughter.keep ur mind clean.goodluck!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Hauwa1: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2009
Your story is so touching. you have a kind heart, stay good. pls keep away from him, no more sex.
the guy is enjoying himself having two at a go,  undecided. Say no to his sorry ass and mean it, girl.
Please take your key from him if you have not done so yet.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by oYaTo(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
IyaKadijat:

Again-this her living with him situation is only for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks that school is in-after that she is coming back home and I will leave it up to him to maintain contact with her. I am not going to force his daughter on him. I want him to be a part of her life, but I am also not above letting my daughter come to realize what kind of asshole her Daddy is on her own. 

Correct. .na wetin I hear b dat. .u understand pidgin english? grin

Wish u all the best and keep us updated on how you're getting along wink smiley
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by touchmeder: 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2009
(f)
bringing his "baby mother"(his words, not mine) here and that we, as a family, would help her get on her feet. I had NO IDEA that he was married to her and planned to leave me for her. His own Mom and sister in Nigeria got on the phone with me constantly and convinced me he wasn't with her, she moved on with her life and got a new man to quell any fears of anything like this happening. Little did I know, his family can't stand his wife, so they were hoping that he would leave her alone and be with me.

He now has an apartment on the other side of town with her and has temporary custody of our daughter. Do you know how difficult it was to tell my 6 year old "Sorry baby, Daddy is married"? I am in so much pain right now! And of course, in typical African/Muslim man fashion, he still says he loves me and wants me, and I was stupid enough to let him visit me on several occasions and sex me since this has all happened-and I may be pregnant. I don't know how to move on. I cry every day. I look out the window and expect him to come home any moment to tell me he made a big mistake and he's coming back home. I am so lonely-I miss my Baba.

Everybody around me keeps telling me I'm pretty and young and can still find another man but I didn't want another man-I wanted the one I had-he and my daughter was my family and I had planned to be with him for the rest of my natural life. He left me-a well-educated woman who did everything he ever desired plus made him money-for a woman who doesn't speak, read, or write English and can't even get a job in this country? And I found out that they were together for only 6 years back in Nigeria when we have been together for 8. Out of the kindness of my heart, I signed her up for a ESOL Literacy program so she can at least get the skills she needs to get employment-and do you know she refused? This is who he left me for? Help me God,

your story is a sad one but not totally new to naira land. people come here from time to time to talk of cheating men the foreign women in particular.(shebi you just met someone else here on the thread complaing about the husband even you begin to advise) The men hook up with them mainly for papers and dump their ass in the end. they have kids and a wife at home and all the while they are calculating in their head how their family will join them in the states.

you are right karma will catch up with him, it has already started so sit down and watch. take ur keys from him (he has no business being with them, if he is wasting your time please change your locks), as soon as you become fully settled in your new job ask yourself. do i want custody or my child or do i leave her with him or should it be joint custody?
you are right too, dont deny your daughter the relationship with her father(when she is old enough she will determine right from wrong). on your own part keep your relationship with him on an ''strict father of my daughter level'' aka baby daddy cheesy
if you had known as much as you knew then, you'd realize its hard to find a 33year old single african man claiming he has a child back at home and he is not married. very rare. it is also weird you say his family members are in full support of you grin (i laugh for that part of your story)

life will go on for you, eventually you'd meet another man. you are still young. Remember its not in your position to lament that his wife is an illitrate and that you wonder y he picked her over you. never forget that is his business, they are married, you should respect that too and never sleep with him again. let me make this short and snappy in conclusion, you will loose if you agree to play 2nd fiddle or mistress. He has no right asking you not to cheat on him sef, with time over familiarity like that should never come up. it depends on how you play your card.
it is well. i believe sisterwoman will have alot more to tell you. may God give you strength oh
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2009
touchmeder:

[/b]

if you had known as much as you knew then, you'd realize its hard to find a 33year old single african man claiming he has a child back at home and he is not married. very rare. it is also weird you say his family members are in full support of you grin (i laugh for that part of your story)

It's funny everybody tells me that now-that at 33 years old with 2 kids back home he would have been married for sure-WHERE WAS NAIRALAND FOR ME 8 YEARS AGO??!!! LOL.

But the part about his family is true. His mom called me in the hospital when I had my baby and gave her her middle names(Oluwanishola Amori). I was able to call his mom and sister whenever him and I were having arguments and they would always say "take it easy with him, ok?" His mom would say prayers for me on the phone and everything. Now that I know what I know now, I wonder if any of their love was genuine for me, or if they just liked me because they knew I was the one helping him make all that money to send back home?
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
perhaps he couldnt take the lucky charms dressing anymore undecided
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

perhaps he couldnt take the lucky charms dressing anymore undecided

Very funny-as if the colors older Naija women tend to clash together are any better-at least I match.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by prittigrrr(f): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2009
@OP - I only read the 1st few responses and I had to reply. Someone else may have said this already, but dear, know this: you can not trust this guy at all. This being said, PLEASE GET YOUR DAUGHTER ASAP! The man could go to court and say you abandoned the child. There are many more things I could say. I am a TN attorney. You are not thinking clearly. If you would like to know more thoughts and fears I have for you, ask and we can arrrange a way for us to communicate privately. YOU ARE ON DANGEROUS GROUND!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by prittigrrr(f): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
Now, I would like to respond as a woman and not as an attorney. You have asked repeatedly how you get past your hurt. This is not easy but very necessary for your healing and deliverance. Put your needs first dear. Unconditional love must first begin for yourself b4 you can really get past this. I am divorced from a man wo cheated on me. He did it so horribly and cruelly you would not believe it. I had been a good, loving submissive Chrisitian wife. I did not understand how my kindness was repaid with evil. First I allowed myself to feel my anger, but after I felt the anger and hurt I immediately asked for forgiveness. I prayed that God would forgive me for allowing myself to get into this r/s and for any wrong I may have done. Next, I asked for forgiveness for him for tearing our family apart and hurting me. Last I asked for forgiveness for the other woman who knowingly had an affair with my husband. I prayed this every time I tht about it, maybe 100 times a day. I also fasted and prayed every Friday.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 6:08am On Apr 28, 2009
prittigrrr:

@OP - I only read the 1st few responses and I had to reply. Someone else may have said this already, but dear, know this: you can not trust this guy at all. This being said, PLEASE GET YOUR DAUGHTER ASAP! The man could go to court and say you abandoned the child. There are many more things I could say. I am a TN attorney. You are not thinking clearly. If you would like to know more thoughts and fears I have for you, ask and we can arrrange a way for us to communicate privately. YOU ARE ON DANGEROUS GROUND!

Thank you for your concern, but I highly doubt he can or even has the ability to do something like that. I still hold all his business dealings, correspondence and clients-so it wouldn't be wise for him financially. Even to today he depends on me to run his business and can't do something as simple as talk to his attorney regarding business matters-that has always been my role. And the cool thing about being with someone for so long is that you were their confidant-I got so much dirt on him, they would revoke his citizenship and deport his behind if he EVER tried to play me that way!

Trust me, I am thinking more clearly now than I have ever in the past 8 years. The only reason my daughter is with him is because he left me with very little money and my 1st paycheck isn't for 2 weeks, so frankly I don't have enough gas money to bring her back and forth to school plus make it to and fro work everyday as of yet. Plus, while I live a good 15 minute drive from her school, he lives right around the corner.

She will be back home in 19 days-that's when school is out for the summer.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2009
I know you guys wanted an update so let me tell you what you guys gave me the strength to do:

Today he requested that I pick him up from where he was stranded at a car rental place. So I did-only if he promised to give me some money. When I got there, I didn't say anything to him, I just kept my eyes on the road. He kept trying to make small talk with me, but I only gave him 1 word answers. When we were almost to where he lived, he said "Why are we in such a rush to get me home? I thought you were going to drive me to your house?" I looked him dead in his eye and said "Not only can you not come into my house, but give me back my key." He hesitated for a moment and said "fine" and took the key off his keychain. 

I then said "You are a married man. Let me repeat that for you: A MARRIED MAN. And no offense, but I don't mess with married men. It is against my religion and against my morals-you will not be the exception just because you are the father of my child. You will not have your cake and eat it too at my expense. You keep saying you love me-love wouldn't do what you did to me. That sounds more like hate to me-so you can save all the 'I love you's' for YOUR WIFE. It was messed up how you ended things, but the fact is you are married and I have to accept and respect that."

At that point, we pulled up to his house and I asked for him to send my daughter downstairs, stepped out the car, smoothed my clothes out, put my sunglasses on(and of course I looked like a million bucks today with my cute skirt and high-heel pumps on) and looked him up and down and said "Besides, do I look like I need to mess with a married man? Pu-leeeze!" Oh My God! You should have seen how tight his face was! LOL! I'm not going to lie, I got a great deal of satisfaction from that and I feel really liberated yall!

Just wanted to let yall know while I was saying all of that, all of you guys lecturing and advice popped up in my head and it really helped me out. THANK YOU!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by C2H5OH(f): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2009
Why didn't you just tell the gay to find someone else 'cos you're busy?

If he feels that he still has that hold on you where he can call you at anytime, and you will drop what you are doing to come to his rescue, he will continue to milk you because you are being too weak.

You were brave enough to let him know you will not be his dog. Good job on that! Do not soften your tone with him and do not take things lightly with this asshole.

Best of luck
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 7:14am On Apr 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

Why didn't you just tell the gay to find someone else 'cos you're busy?

If he feels that he still has that hold on you where he can call you at anytime, and you will drop what you are doing to come to his rescue, he will continue to milk you because you are being too weak.

You were brave enough to let him know you will not be his dog. Good job on that! Do not soften your tone with him and do not take things lightly with this asshole.

Best of luck

LOL! You right, but he was supposed to give me some money off of a call he got today(remember, I'm still running the business from home), and I figured why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Fine, I'll come get him, but he better have my money waiting. Trust me, if it wasn't for the money, I would have left his ass stranded, He gave me $50, so that should hold me over for a little while. It was better than walking around for 2 weeks with $20 in my pocket for gas.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by C2H5OH(f): 7:27am On Apr 28, 2009
Dang I got so much I could say to you. You are what the yoruba people would call omo tutu. O "tutu" seriously. You just don't have that fire in your heart.

As hard as you two have worked to put this business together, it would probably be futile to advise you now to let it go to shreds, but that might be your best option. It seems as if this business will be another excuse for this man to be an ever-present headache in your life. Worst of all is hearing that you can't even put 1 naira and 1 kobo together for your own financial stability. Depending on him to help you stand straight on your two feet is a risk you should not take. He could have gone crazy and decided not to give you the money you asked from him. . . then what? If you want the business for yourself, find a way to get sole proprietorship of it. If not, sever ties with the man by taking whatever profits are yours from this said business, and start your own business. If having a business is not your foremost priority right now, go to school and better yourself.

Have you ever thought of maybe seeing a counselor? Do not even attempt to bottle up all your feelings inside, hoping they would go away. Talk to somebody.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

Dang I got so much I could say to you. You are what the yoruba people would call omo tutu. O "tutu" seriously. You just don't have that fire in your heart.

As hard as you two have worked to put this business together, it would probably be futile to advise you now to let it go to shreds, but that might be your best option. It seems as if this business will be another excuse for this man to be an ever-present headache in your life. Worst of all is hearing that you can't even put 1 naira and 1 kobo together for your own financial stability. Depending on him to help you stand straight on your two feet is a risk you should not take. He could have gone crazy and decided not to give you the money you asked from him. . . then what? If you want the business for yourself, find a way to get sole proprietorship of it. If not, sever ties with the man by taking whatever profits are yours from this said business, and start your own business. If having a business is not your foremost priority right now, go to school and better yourself.

Have you ever thought of maybe seeing a counselor? Do not even attempt to bottle up all your feelings inside, hoping they would go away. Talk to somebody.

I'm one step ahead of you already-before I even posted my original posting, that day I had told him that I couldn't help him with the business anymore. So he said "fine, I'll pay someone to do what you do". I said, "No problem, but I'm taking my work with me-all the ads and the accounts-craigslisting, email and everything. You will not get rich off of my hard work and not pay me."

He got angry with me, began to curse me out, and I hung up on him. I did exactly what I said I would do-I changed all the passwords to all the accounts. He called me that next morning upset because apparently he tried to put some of the ads up himself and couldn't get in. He couldn't believe I really did that to him. He was like "how am I supposed to eat, o?" I told him I didn't care because at the end of the day, my daughter and I have someplace to sleep. So basically, we came to an agreement(and put it in writing) that I would run the business at least until the end of May, and he would find someone within that time to take over-if not that's his own wahala because I'll have nothing to do with it then.

And no, I don't have 2 nickels to rub together because I took my life savings and savings from the business, and bought my own house, in cash in February-so I'm broker than a joker right now!

I did think of counseling, but what a waste of time and money it would be for me right now. Besides, my girlfriends and my family have been my rock during this trying time. My sister and my nephew are coming down from NY to live with me in June, so I won't be completely alone. I'll be fine, C2H50H-thank you for setting me straight-for real!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by oYaTo(m): 8:03am On Apr 28, 2009
@Iyakadijat C2H5OH has knocked it down right. The faster u sever all dealings with him, the better.

@C2H5OH By d way, u dey shack wella? grin
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Hauwa1: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2009
girl, once your paycheck starts coming in, let that business go! ask him to run the business himself. if clients turn away from him, that is his problem, not your worries, at least you'd have enough for you and your daughter.

shine ya eyes girl, and start being omo gbono gbono.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Think Dating A Fine Boi Is Easy? / Nigerian Lady Shows Off Her Breast & Ass To Prove That Is Not Fake – Photos / Never Ever Let:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.