Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. (8810 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / I Cant Break Up With Her...need Your Advice Pls / Big Problem, Do I Get Away From Her? Need Help From Any Mature Women/men... :/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Hauwa1: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2009
lol, mind you they like big ikebe wink
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2009
No I think you're the one that cant read, I said YOUR HELP is the reason why he got citizenship so soon
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
IyaKadijat:

Therefore, when I found out in Yoruba "Baba" meant father(or Daddy), it was just as natural for me to change the vowels, and I thought it was cute

dont know who told you this rubbish undecided Only your daughter should be calling him "Baba" unless he's like 30 yrs older than you. Is he?
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by C2H5OH(f): 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2009
Don't mind them jare. If his name is Babalola or Babatunde continue calling him Baba. Heck if he likes being called Baba continue calling him Baba. Whatever strokes the schlong in your relationship.

I don't know why I can't reply private messages debosky, but I don't care to be banned. It won't be the first time nor will it be the last time.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by FADAKA: 11:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
Iyakadijat You begin to talk too much, Why cant you count your-blessing one by one.
At least look back where you are coming from and where you are now.

Its your choice to pick between this guy and those other Niggas that do have countless kidz all over the places
without proper care for any of them.

A word for a wise!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by C2H5OH(f): 11:54pm On Apr 28, 2009
FADAKA:

Iyakadijat You begin to talk too much, Why cant you count your-blessing one by one.
At least look back where you are coming from and where you are now.

Its your choice to pick between this guy and those other Niggas that do have countless kidz all over the places
without proper care for any of them.

A word for a wise!
And how the hell does that justify being in an unfortunate relationship with a deceitful prick? If you are implying that she couldn't have done better because African American men are nothing to write home about, then you are just stereotyping erratically. It's not like the woman is stupid or ambitionless.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by larayat(f): 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2009
hun.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spoilt(f): 2:27am On Apr 29, 2009
Chei. shocked
@ Iya Kadijat
I dont even know where to start. It is a known fact that many Nigerian men will shack up with women over here while waiting for their 'real wives' on other continents to cross over. (This storyline is so old it creaks! I swear ve heard it like nine hundred and ninety three times!!!! ) The starring lead actress just changes. cry It reallydoesnt matter if that man needs a green card or not. At least in the mean time he will live comfortably, eat hot home cooked meals made by you the interim wife and be 'knacked' for good measure! Dudes have become sneaky. angry For every suspicion you have, they have an explanation, a reason. I really dont blame you for being fooled. I just wonder why you went for 8 years without a ring. Who does that? Why slave away and give your life force to a man who dangles the vague promise of marriage at some distant yet to be determined date at you?

All that is water under the bridge. Time to move on.The irony is that women like you who have been had, only turn around and play wife again to the same sort of man. I sometimes think they know you will persevere thats why they take, take and keep taking from you. You give, give and keep giving. Im exhausted just thinking of all you gave in those 9 years.

I empathise. At least you have your daughter. kiss
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 29, 2009
Wow, these men scares me o.

God is good sha
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:45am On Apr 29, 2009
she's alreayd looking for another Naija dude on another thread. akatas are mad hopeless
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spikedcylinder: 8:12am On Apr 29, 2009
I am yet to see any fault in this woman.
She loved and lived with a man for 8 years, whats wrong with that? She has his baby and was happy with him until she found out he was still married.Anyone, absolutely, anyone can fall for that. In fact, I haven't seen any tell tale signs from what she has said that could have warned her the man was still married.
He wasn't pushing to marry her like other Nigerian men would have done to get papers, he lived with her and actually had a child by her, he confessed to having had a baby mama (who doesn't?). Unless she's a super human, I don't think there's any way she could have known the man was/is a Arrow.
As for looking for another Nigerian man, whats wrong with that also? My first boyfriend was Nigerian, does this mean because he broke my heart, I should go seeking Ghanaian men? I don't get this.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by No2Atheism(m): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

She loved and lived with a man for 8 years, whats wrong with that? She has his baby and was happy with him until she found out he was still married.Anyone, absolutely, anyone can fall for that. In fact, I haven't seen any tell tale signs from what she has said that could have warned her the man was still married.
He wasn't pushing to marry her like other Nigerian men would have done to get papers, he lived with her and actually had a child by her, he confessed to having had a baby mama (who doesn't?). Unless she's a super human, I don't think there's any way she could have known the man was/is a Arrow.
As for looking for another Nigerian man, whats wrong with that also? My first boyfriend was Nigerian, does this mean because he broke my heart, I should go seeking Ghanaian men? I don't get this.

@spikedcylinder

1. Which technically means that you yourself are not a Nigerian,

or

2. Does that mean you still dating a Nigerian as of now,

@TOH

Abeg pele pele loro obinrin yii ton fun ni esi , ko kin se gbogbo nkan lebi e.

Gbiyanju lati sanu e die,
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spikedcylinder: 11:21am On Apr 29, 2009
No2Atheism:

@spikedcylinder

1. Which technically means that you yourself are not a Nigerian,

or

2. Does that mean you still dating a Nigerian as of now,

Huh? It was an hypothetical example. Was that now obvious?
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by No2Atheism(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Huh? It was an hypothetical example. Was that now obvious?
you tell me, grin
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 11:54am On Apr 29, 2009
spoilt:

Chei. shocked
@ Iya Kadijat
I dont even know where to start. It is a known fact that many Nigerian men will shack up with women over here while waiting for their 'real wives' on other continents to cross over. (This storyline is so old it creaks! I swear ve heard it like nine hundred and ninety three times!!!! ) The starring lead actress just changes. cry It reallydoesnt matter if that man needs a green card or not. At least in the mean time he will live comfortably, eat hot home cooked meals made by you the interim wife and be 'knacked' for good measure! Dudes have become sneaky. angry For every suspicion you have, they have an explanation, a reason. I really dont blame you for being fooled. I just wonder why you went for 8 years without a ring. Who does that? Why slave away and give your life force to a man who dangles the vague promise of marriage at some distant yet to be determined date at you?

All that is water under the bridge. Time to move on.The irony is that women like you who have been had, only turn around and play wife again to the same sort of man. I sometimes think they know you will persevere thats why they take, take and keep taking from you. You give, give and keep giving. Im exhausted just thinking of all you gave in those 9 years.

I empathise. At least you have your daughter. kiss

It's a known fact to WHOM? Are you serious? Don't you think if it was really a known fact, the storyline wouldn't creak so much? Perhaps it's known to you because you are Nigerian? I agree with an earlier poster who said if people still fall for 419 scams, who wouldn't still be fooled by the one I've endured? And at least 419 scams are heavily covered by the media-whereas my situation is not. In fact, it took me forever to find ANY articles on the internet about a situation such as mine, and I only found 1 that was written by none other than a Nigerian man over 3 years ago. How's that for a so-called "known fact"?

The fact that he didn't marry me after 8 years was what I considered a personal issue with commitment on his behalf, therefore making me think Black men are the same all over the world-scared to jump the proverbial broom-not that he was married in his country.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spikedcylinder: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2009
Actually, it is a known fact that men (and women!) from less developed countries inter-marry Europeans, Americans etc to get easy access to citizenship and naturalization in their adopted countries.
You said you didn't suspect him of foul play because he wasn't pinning for you both to get married. I think thats an indicator that you were aware these things happen.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

she's alreayd looking for another Naija dude on another thread. akatas are mad hopeless

First of all, from what I can see of your recent posts to this thread, the only wild, unruly, untamed thing on here is YOU. I haven't disrespected you or anyone else in here in any way, yet you insist on calling me out my name. I don't believe in using any ethnically derogatory term to refer to people-including but not limited to the "n" word. And who said I was "looking" for ANYone? I asked a simple question-what makes Naija men sexy? Now if you don't think your men are sexy, perhaps you have some issues with your own self-esteem you need to go handle.

And by you calling me "akata", you've just proven my theory that the reason you came off so harsh to me and blamed your brother very little in this situation was because you have a serous bias against AA's. Keep it up-I'm loving it, ok?

You forget? I was in a relationship with a Nigerian for 8 years-which means I've endured it all-including people calling me "akata" to my face not knowing I knew what it meant. Women rolling their eyes at me and refusing to speak to me at parties because I was AA. It was almost like being the only Black face in a room full of KKK members. And although I totally understand most Nigerians in this country have endured ignorance at the hands of some of my uneducated bretheren, I was not one of those people. Fortunately, I grew up in a household that was Afro-centric and my mother showed and taught us there was more to Africa than just the "Feed The Children" ads . And again, about 10 years ago my family delved into our past and found out the 1st slave bought to America in our family was from Nigeria. So who knows-you may just be disrespecting your long-lost cousin, lol!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Actually, it is a known fact that men (and women!) from less developed countries inter-marry Europeans, Americans etc to get easy access to citizenship and naturalization in their adopted countries.
You said you didn't suspect him of foul play because he wasn't pinning for you both to get married. I think thats an indicator that you were aware these things happen.

You are right-it is a known fact that people use other people to get their citizenship or papers-that's not what she was saying, and it wasn't the fact that he wasn't pining to marry me-HE HAD HIS PAPERS ALREADY. He didn't even get his citizenship until 2 years ago-and we had already been together 6 years by that time.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spikedcylinder: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2009
In that case, the only issue here is that he broke your heart.
He didn't use you go get "papers" and him bringing over his family was not unknowingly facilitated by you. Right?
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Thank you for your input. It's unfortunate that it had to come from someone who isn't Nigerian since I would think they would empathize the most for something their own bretheren did-just the same way I always empathized when I heard horror stories about my AA bretheren wronging them or saying something stupid-which was more often the case than not. I had many African(not just Nigerian) friends over the years-even in high school-and I remember the dumb things AA's would say to them out of ignorance and it used to make me cringe and frankly embarass the hell out of me since these folk was representative of me-a fellow African American.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spikedcylinder: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
Lol. I am Nigerian.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

In that case, the only issue here is that he broke your heart.
He didn't use you go get "papers" and him bringing over his family was not unknowingly facilitated by you. Right?

I can see your sarcasm-and the answer is, "RIGHT". He filed all the paperwork himself-I didn't even know the children got their visas until shortly before he bought the plane tickets-and I didn't find out about his wife coming until right after he bought the plane tickets.
If you are insinuating that by you and your significant other trying to be upwardly mobile by moving to another state and starting up a business is somehow stupid on my part because I "should've known", then maybe you should write a book on this-because it's obvious you are wayyy smarter than the average bear.
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol. I am Nigerian.

Sorry-someone suggested you weren't and I just ran with it, lol!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spikedcylinder: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2009
IyaKadijat:

I can see your sarcasm-and the answer is, "RIGHT". He filed all the paperwork himself-I didn't even know the children got their visas until shortly before he bought the plane tickets-and I didn't find out about his wife coming until right after he bought the plane tickets.
If you are insinuating that by you and your significant other trying to be upwardly mobile by moving to another state and starting up a business is somehow stupid on my part because I "should've known", then maybe you should write a book on this-because it's obvious you are wayyy smarter than the average bear.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was just trying to get a clearer picture to understand your situation better.
It seems to be a formed opinion here that he used you to get his papers and I was wondering how possible that would be if he didn't actually get married to you.
Sorry if you think I was sarcastic and I hope you feel better. smiley
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was just trying to get a clearer picture to understand your situation better.
It seems to be a formed opinion here that he used you to get his papers and I was wondering how possible that would be if he didn't actually get married to you.

I'm sorry-I'm just a little on guard because of some of the responses I've recieved here. THANK YOU SO MUCH! LOL! I am so glad that you could pick up on the fact that I've stated NUMEROUS times the brother already had his greencard when I met him because he came to the US with the visa lottery. You ARE smarter than the average bear! LOL!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by No2Atheism(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol. I am Nigerian.

IyaKadijat:

Sorry-someone suggested you weren't and I just ran with it, lol!

Ooops, my bad

Yep i was the one who put my foot in my mouth by making the mistake of insinuating that she was not a Nigerian,

@spikecylinder sorry about the attempt to deport you from naija,  grin ,  considering that i now know that u be full blooded naija,
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by JJYOU: 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol. I am Nigerian.
spikedcylinder link=topic=265982.msg3797223#msg3797223 date=1241005744:

i am beginning to think some women enjoying playing the victim. i used to watch in horror in the 80's / 90's as women who should know better knowingly made nigerian men old enough to be their dad husbands.

what is going on?
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2009
JJYOU:

i am beginning to think some women enjoying playing the victim. i used to watch in horror in the 80's / 90's as women who should know better knowingly made nigerian men old enough to be their dad husbands.

what is going on?

Unless he had me when he was like 9 years old, my child's father is NOT old enough to be my dad. I don't know, I myself have discovered firsthand that Nigerian sperm is powerful(since Kadijat was a "1 drop" baby)-but that powerful-come on!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by spoilt(f): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2009
I didnt even see the part about him asking you to not cheat on him. Arrrg!!! Dude couldnt have cracked a worse joke!!!! angry
The cheek of it! grin
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2009
spoilt:

I didnt even see the part about him asking you to not cheat on him. Arrrg!!! Dude couldnt have cracked a worse joke!!!! angry
The cheek of it! grin

I know-the audacity, right? You should've seen my face when he said that-I started looking around like "where's the hidden camera?" because this has got to be one of those kind of reality shows where someone is going to jump out like "GOTCHYA!" and Ashton Kutcher starts laughing as he comes out of a corner somewhere. LOL!
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by JJYOU: 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2009
spoilt:

I didnt even see the part about him asking you to not cheat on him. Arrrg!!! Dude couldnt have cracked a worse joke!!!!  angry
The cheek of it!  grin
you know some people lie to the point they begin to believe their lies. what wont  you tell a lady you think you have strong hold of?
IyaKadijat:

Unless he had me when he was like 9 years old, my child's father is NOT old enough to be my dad. I don't know, I myself have discovered firsthand that Nigerian sperm is powerful(since Kadijat was a "1 drop" baby)-but that powerful-come on!
didnt say you personally check what i said again.

is kadijat your daughters real name?. if it is is can i ask that you kindly stop using it online. this is a global site plus your foto is online too.  i know protecting her is your number 1 priority here.  tks to google you can get any info you want to get on anyone these days.  is Kadijat an islamic name aor just a yoruba name?
Re: He Left Me For Her: Need Your Prayers E Jo. by IyaKadijat(f): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2009
JJYOU:

you know some people lie to the point they begin to believe their lies. what wont you tell a lady you think you have strong hold of?didnt say you personally check what i said again.

is kadijat your daughters real name?. if it is is can i ask that you kindly stop using it online. this is a global site plus your foto is online too. i know protecting her is your number 1 priority here. tks to google you can get any info you want to get on anyone these days. is Kadijat an islamic name aor just a yoruba name?

Thank you for your concern-LOL! But Kadijat is NOT her real name. I know how this internet stuff is, folks are crazy out there. And yes, my picture is up there but I lost 30 lbs since that photo so I don't even look like that anymore. And her real name is a Muslim name-we had a naming ceremony with an Imam and everything. Her middle and last names of course are Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Is This Still Modelling?? (photo) / 6 Reasons Why It Is Very Hard To Satisfy A Fine Lady. / Your Village GF Visits U In D City And Decides To Use The Toilet(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.