Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (43937 Views)

Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Concrete Facts To Prove That Ikwerres Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
They lost their chance during the benin empire.
It is no longer possible.
The Igbo nation would swallow them alive if they attempt such madness.

Which Igbo nation? Off to the East you go, you cant swallow not even an ant. You must be day dreaming.

You cant do nothing, you can have your East and keep it but don't you dare attempt to claim any territory that's not in the East. What will befall you will be like a dream to you and Nnamdi Kalu. Nonsense empty noisemakers.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bofoy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Stupid people

idiots MUMU

MENSUBATORS

USELESS MEN AND WOMEN

SONS OF LovePeddler BASTARD YOU GUYS SHOULD GO AND FIND SOMETHING MEANING AND DO WIT UR LIVES and fighting for nonsense thing that has no benefits if your forefathers wer like these would have built houses and have many land and marry 4 - 5 wives that brought you yeye things to existence ? ?

Wayward worthless generation
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Macelliot(m): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Factors responsible.

1) Areas of settlement: from writeup Akalaka and his young family travelled from Benin and settled in areas already inhabited by locals..The locals were more in number and as such were able to dominate in language.(to interact with them, you need to learn language).

2)Intermarriage: again from writeup, Akalaka had to marry his second wife from within the community he settled to gain love and trust of the local population..Akalaka and sons were supplied wives by Igbos.

3) Slave trading: It was common practice then to buy slaves for ecoomic and domestic purposes and Igboland were relentless selling its people as slaves (Igbos can sell anything for money).A man with maybe 2wives and 14 children can own more than 200 male and female slaves..Akalaka and Sons took hundreds of Igbo slaves.

So then, anyone asking of Igbo influence should understand how it came about..But we know our history.

Im perjectly jaded with Ikwerre this, Igbo that.
I knew you would comment..

I have been reading through the comment box from 0 to 8 hoping to see your comments...

Though, I don't do tribalism...

Fed up with all this nonsense...
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
Macelliot:

I never insulted you..

I only said that, "you are naive." (meaning, poor in history and what is happening around you.)

Igbo don't own East..

If Igboland was in Cameroon, they would have been in the West..

Nope I am not poor in history at all, you people have refused to accept the bitter truth. The East is yours keep it but don't lay claim or or add other communities that is not in the East to your Biafra. Igbos aren't the original Settlers or owners of Delta States,Rivers,Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. You people are visitors in those States because of Nigeria, now that you want to have Biafra you cant come and add other territories not located in the East to Biafra. It will not happen. Go and look for another strategy, just like you cant lay claim to Lagos State is the same way you cant lay claim to the States I listed.

Do it the right way, don't think Nigerians are foolish that you want to come and lord over their States. Very selfish.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Macelliot(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

Nope I am not poor in history at all, you people have refused to accept the bitter truth. The East is yours keep it but don't lay claim or or add other communities that is not in the East to your Biafra. Igbos aren't the original Settlers or owners of Delta States,Rivers,Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. You people are visitors in those States because of Nigeria, now that you want to have Biafra you cant come and add other territories not located in the East to Biafra. It will not happen. Go and look for another strategy, just like you cant lay claim to Lagos State is the same way you cant lay claim to the States I listed.

Do it the right way, don't think Nigerians are foolish that you want to come and lord over their States. Very selfish.

That's why I asked you, who created the East? Did Igbos created the East?
An Hausa man created the East and not an Igbo Man..
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
glassjar1:

wow sometime you do make real sense cool

Doesn't he. He aptly nailed it.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

Which Igbo nation? Off to the East you go, you cant swallow not even an ant. You must be day dreaming.

You cant do nothing, you can have your East and keep it but don't you dare attempt to claim any territory that's not in the East. What will befall you will be like a dream to you and Nnamdi Kalu. Nonsense empty noisemakers.
You are uncouth.
There is a reason why i did not meddle in this argument because it is not worth it. Any half wit should know the truth know even from the igboid culture of these people in delta state .
Edo state population is not even as big as the anioma people alone let alone the larger igbo nation.
You go soon see wetin pass you.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
Macelliot:

That's why I asked you, who created the East? Did Igbos created the East?
An Hausa man created the East and not an Igbo Man..

My question for you who are the People or tribe occupying the East? Are there other languages spoken in the East like we have in Niger Delta? Please stay in your East and don't lay claim to States where different languages are spoken. Don't be selfish and self-centered.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
The igbankes are no evidence at all!
As a matter of fact, the Igbankes came about during the creation of states in which they were unfortunately carved with Edo state rather than Delta!
And get this straight, Akalaka is a bini word!
Yeye revisionist!

What does it mean in Bini because I have a lot of Bini friends here ready to confirm....go ahead,punk.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
You are uncouth.
There is a reason why i did not meddle in this argument because it is not worth it. Any half wit should know the truth know even from the igboid culture of these people in delta state .
Edo state population is not even as big as the anioma people alone let alone the larger igbo nation.

Lol I repeat you cant do nothing. Oh I never knew you have the total population of Edos at the palm of your hands. Wake up please Edo People are everywhere just same way Igbo people are everywhere, there might be a population difference but that doesn't mean Edo People don't know their rights.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
@Bokohalal,tell us what Akalaka means in Bini since you are a Bini man.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Macelliot(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

My question for you who are the People or tribe occupying the East? Are there other languages spoken in the East like we have in Niger Delta? Please stay in your East and don't lay claim to States where different languages are spoken. Don't be selfish and self-centered.
Once again, You are NAIVE..

There are two Ethnic group in the South East. (Igbos and Igalas.)

what of the Umuezeohaka in Benue state? The Igbo group who constitutes a whopping 4 local govt. areas in Benue state..

Huh! Answer me!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
You are uncouth.

How can you keep arguing with a latently senseless and an unreasonable entity. They didn't come here to share and learn,rather to fight,insult and abuse you because they have no point to make. Somebody once said beautiful people shouldn't fight with an ugly person because an ugly person has nothing to lose. These eidiots has nothing to lose,so make your argument and avoid them.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by kingzizzy: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
bokohalal:

You are getting more entangled in your own web. That you disagreed does not change anything.
Do you realize that there is hardly an Ika person of say,fifty years and older, some even younger than that, that does not have an Edo name?
If you agreed that INTERACTION could lead to name change, why would the case be different in a Bini /Igbo situation?
Is it in all situations that people are TOBYFIED from Kunta Kinte? Cassius Clay to Muhammed Ali and then LAILA ALI?
Do you need to build empires in order to travel,trade and interact with other cultures?
Edos careless if people say they are not Igbo. It is Igbo problem. However, your attempt at persuading neutrals like me as to why they are Igbos and not what they said they were, is porous.

I don't know what you are finding hard to understand. A few Ijaw people bear English surnames with most of then attaching their Original Ijaw names to the English ones e.g, Soboma-Gearoge, Ateke-Tom. But some how, you believe that Delta-Igbos, who number well over a million people migrated from Edo,abandoned their ancestral surnames in favour of the ones adopted from their Igbo neigbours. I find that absolutely impossible to believe. It maybe well be that many Ikas have Edo names as first or second names but what I'm interested in is the last name which is what we are born with.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

Lol I repeat you cant do nothing. Oh I never knew you have the total population of Edos at the palm of your hands. Wake up please Edo People are everywhere just same way Igbo people are everywhere, there might be a population difference but that doesn't mean Edo People don't know their rights.
The population of edo state is not as big as anioma people. That is a fact.
Nobody wants to trample on your rights. Edo state is yours and yours alone.
Nobody disputes that, ojukwu did not even include edo state during the biafra of the 1967.
But some miscreants on nairaland are trying to include igbo people in delta state in a phantom edo union, which would be a collossal mistake.
Anyway, this is just nairaland, it can't happen in real life. It is all good.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
@Kagawa10,still waiting for your answer,sir.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
Nobody disputes that, ojukwu did not even include edo state during the biafra of the 1967.
But some miscreants on nairaland are trying to include igbo people in delta state in a phantom edo union, which would be a collossal mistake.

Leave Ojukwu out of this, I repeat you cant claim States not in the East. You can relocate your brothers and sisters scattered allover Nigeria to the East but you cant add their territories to Biafra.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
@Bokohalal,tell us what Akalaka means in Bini since you are a Bini man.
Ekalaka, I think, is a kind of utensil or wine glass.
Akalaka has different spelling and pronunciation. I have no idea of this.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

How can you keep arguing with a latently senseless and an unreasonable entity. They didn't come here to share and learn,rather to fight,insult and abuse you because they have no point to make. Somebody once said beautiful people shouldn't fight with an ugly person because an ugly person has nothing to lose. These eidiots has nothing to lose,so make your argument and avoid them.

You are obviously the senseless daft one here. What has been your input in all this? Rathead trying to sound smart, just don't try to insult me because i will finish you with it.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

Leave Ojukwu out of this, I repeat you cant claim States not in the East. You can relocate your brothers and sisters scattered allover Nigeria to the East but you cant add their territories to Biafra.
Let me humour you a little.
If these territories does not belong to the igbo people resident there, who does it belong to, in the eventuality of a Nigerian disintegration?
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
Macelliot:

Once again, You are NAIVE..

There are two Ethnic group in the South East. (Igbos and Igalas.)

what of the Umuezeohaka in Benue state? The Igbo group who constitutes a whopping 4 local govt. areas in Benue state..

Huh! Answer me!

You just don't get me do you? I am not disputing the fact that ibos aren't everywhere but all I am saying is do not add States not in the East to Biafra. You can ask all ibos scattered allover the world and Nigeria to migrate to the East and not the other way round.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

What does it mean in Bini because I have a lot of Bini friends here ready to confirm....go ahead,punk.
www.nairaland.com/2134466/edo-benins-please-me-out
I know certainly that the word is bini because I did my schooling over there!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
bokohalal:

Ekalaka, I think, is a kind of utensil or wine glass.
Akalaka has different spelling and pronunciation. I have no idea of this.

I am glad you answered me. Now,how many Bini people have you come across with the name Ekalaka. Infact,I asked Bini people about the Akalaka and said it's not Bini word ,while some don't even know what it is and that makes me wonder why somebody would say Akalaka has meaning in Bini. Hmm

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
I am still waiting for my reply.
cc, enahi
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
If these territories with over 99% igbo population should have these people moving to the SE.
Who then owns those territories?
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

www.nairaland.com/2134466/edo-benins-please-me-out
I know certainly that the word is bini because I did my schooling over there!

Because I can't say you can't name somebody a "cup or utensil" I wanna know how many people bear the name in Bini. And that will move our discussions to the next stage.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by IGBOPRINCE: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
honeychild:

Wetin she wan talk na? She couldn't say anything. Everybody laughed and we moved on to another conversation.
hahahaha..
That s why hopeathand is confuse and hopeless.
Given us baseless assumption.

Olk nne thank q.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
still waiting
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
still waiting
cc, Enahi
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
Majority of the Aniomas weren't included either!
However, your stup!d war lord not only invaded the area but also Benin!
Yeye people!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by coolitempa(f): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
kingzizzy:

So how do you explain surnanes? The major way of knowing the ethnicity of a person is the surname of the person because this is something that is handed down from our forefathers and hardly ever changes. Why would an Edo man migrate somewhere and take up an Igbo surname? Even if language can be explained by Igbo influence, surname cannot. They said that the king of Agbor descended from the Bini Royal family yet, the surname of the King of Agbor/Ika people is Ikechukwu.

First of all.....it is ikenchukwu and not ikechukwu..... cheesy......secondly.....the dein/king has himself said that they are descended from Benin.........when he was the youngest king in Nigeria at the age of two after losing his father in a car accident........he was moved to his Oba of benins palace for protection before being flown to England...... angry
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by IGBOPRINCE: 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
bofoy:
Stupid people

idiots MUMU

MENSUBATORS

USELESS MEN AND WOMEN

SONS OF LovePeddler BASTARD YOU GUYS SHOULD GO AND FIND SOMETHING MEANING AND DO WIT UR LIVES and fighting for nonsense thing that has no benefits if your forefathers wer like these would have built houses and have many land and marry 4 - 5 wives that brought you yeye things to existence ? ?

Wayward worthless generation
ye evil children of ewedu is here..
You re notice. Go back to your amala joint biko..tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo,Other Suporters Take To The Streets To Celebrate PDP's Victory.PICS / APC Names Elected Leaders / Yusuf Buhari’s Turbaned In Daura, Becomes District Head Of Kwasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.