Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (43961 Views)

Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Concrete Facts To Prove That Ikwerres Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by cheruv: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
HopeAtHand:

[s]Factors responsible.

1) Areas of settlement: from writeup Akalaka and his young family travelled from Benin and settled in areas already inhabited by locals..The locals were more in number and as such were able to dominate in language.(to interact with them, you need to learn language).

2)Intermarriage: again from writeup, Akalaka had to marry his second wife from within the community he settled to gain love and trust of the local population..Akalaka and sons were supplied wives by Igbos.

3) Slave trading: It was common practice then to buy slaves for ecoomic and domestic purposes and Igboland were relentless selling its people as slaves (Igbos can sell anything for money).A man with maybe 2wives and 14 children can own more than 200 male and female slaves..Akalaka and Sons took hundreds of Igbo slaves.

So then, anyone asking of Igbo influence should understand how it came about..But we know our history.

Im perjectly jaded with Ikwerre this, Igbo that.[/s]
Aigoo Aigoo embarassed
You see why I suggested you go and register in a mental home Aish undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by SupremeXYZ(m): 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
[s]
Ugomba:
efik and ibibio people, they trace their ancestry to Edo.
Even the Obong of Calabar and Godswill Akpabio have confirmed that they migrated from Benin..
Even their language is an edoid language.
[/s]Please what the f*ck are you talking about?.Who migrated from Bini?.Please don't get me angry because you won't like the outcome.WE DID NOT MIGRATE FROM ANYWHERE.WE ARE SIMPLY AKWA IBOM STATE.We neither relate nor have boundary with bini people.so please,stop this,and don't take it futher.Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
bokohalal:

My now deceased neighbour, an early Bini graduate,told me some of the territories and their real names.
I once opined on a different thread that the Binis were made to suffer the most from British colonialism in Nigeria and an Esan guy sneered at the opinion until he saw facts.

Some Esan guys aren't really sympathetic to the Benin struggle I'm afraid. And yes the Benins have suffered the most since the amalgamation of Nigeria.. Parts of land belonging to Benin Kingdom have been taken away and placed in areas of Ondo and other environs. The accomplishments of the Benin Kingdom have been greatly suppressed by the supposed "majority" in Nigeria, with various groups denying the clear Edo imprint throughout most of Southern Nigeria.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tsdarkside(m): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
emmydeep:

Lies ! Never can anybody seize Properties belonging to the ALMIGHTY IGBOS.

Let them try it and see.

they already did it once...you are always the giant looser since 70ad in masada....
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
[s][/s]Please what the f*ck are you talking about?.Who migrated from Bini?.Please don't get me angry because you won't like the outcome.WE DID NOT MIGRATE FROM ANYWHERE.WE ARE SIMPLY AKWA IBOM STATE.We neither relate nor have boundary with bini people.so please,stop this,and don't take it futher.Thanks.
Sarcasm, bros. Sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
onenaira3:
As I read this entire thread, I did not read any anioma comment, all I saw where yoloba and edo thieves. I've seen the Edo are just like the yolova. No fucking wonder no body wants you illiterate in SS and want you f00ls pushed to SW. You people are just as despicable as those people.

For those that want to know the real deal:

During Benin invasion to Aniomalamd, after getting defeated, many of their people stayed in several parts of aniomaland (this is where I honestly think our ancestors f2ked up), anyhoo so yes there are Benin descendants in Anioma and those Benin descendants are currently trying to rewrite history..something some of the kings have stated..for example, read the book Anioma: Resolving the Identity Crisis by Obi Charles Anyasi of Idumuje unor (obi of idumuje unor) 
For those that unaware where idumuje unor is..idumuje unor is an ika territory.

Even agbor, the past dein, who BTW was 100% agbor wrote and I quote

The new dein, the son of the quoted words, BTW is half bini and grew up with his mother. Since he's the only son that's how come he took over. growing up with his mother got him to distort what the past dein stated and claim agbor was a Benin descendant.

I can keep going on but I've argued this edo theives history rewritten sh1t so many times. I am tired of it.

As for those that claim "edo does not rewrite, edo does not invade."...tell that nonsense to SE igbos, not to the rest of us. We know our history well enough and recall how much we fought to get liberated from your invading @ss. Also notice from the above statement the dein stated "the Benin who claim him as one of their own" so spare us. As far as I can see, Edo as just as bad as yoloba people and they need to be watched as them. Land grapping thieves
my dear, why bothering urself with this people.. If we close our mouth, They will edonize our identity! Growing up, I have now understand the importance of identity.. The OP did not include Aniocha, or else, I would have teared him into two.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by SupremeXYZ(m): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
[s]
Kagawa10:
Who called you eediot in the first place? Yeye!
[/s]Use.less smelling yoloba ediot.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
[s][/s]Please what the f*ck are you talking about?.Who migrated from Bini?.Please don't get me angry because you won't like the outcome.WE DID NOT MIGRATE FROM ANYWHERE.WE ARE SIMPLY AKWA IBOM STATE.We neither relate nor have boundary with bini people.so please,stop this,and don't take it futher.Thanks.
are you an efik or ibibio? Why claiming them?
There is a newspaper article where the Efik and Ibibio people identified their ancestry to Benin.. Your women style of dressing is copied from Benin..
The Name Efik means Son Of Water in Bini Language..
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by SupremeXYZ(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
bokohalal:
Sarcasm, bros. Sarcasm
meaning?.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ugomba:
my dear, why bothering urself with this people.. If we close our mouth, They will edonize our identity! Growing up, I have now understand the importance of identity.. The OP did not include Aniocha, or else, I would have teared him into two.
Oh boy you are late. They have started to do that to ibusa. The only difference though is ibusa is fighting back and refusing to allow them rewrite their history.. They even tried to do that with ogwashi uku and the obi of ogwashi nibbed that sh1t in the bud faster than a speed of light. As I read this thread, I saw some of them claiming "asaba is not Igbo"... So I'm going to be watching this land grapping thieves from now on. let me see one rewrite of Asaba history..they'll see wahalla.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
onenaira3:
As I read this entire thread, I did not read any anioma comment, all I saw where yoloba and edo thieves. I've seen the Edo are just like the yolova. No fucking wonder no body wants you illiterate in SS and want you f00ls pushed to SW. You people are just as despicable and useless as those people.

For those that want to know the real deal:

During Benin invasion to Aniomalamd, after getting defeated, many of their people stayed in several parts of aniomaland (this is where I honestly think our ancestors f2ked up), anyhoo so yes there are Benin descendants in Anioma and those Benin descendants are currently trying to rewrite history..something some of the kings have stated..for example, read the book Anioma: Resolving the Identity Crisis by Obi Charles Anyasi of Idumuje unor (obi of idumuje unor) 
For those that unaware where idumuje unor is..idumuje unor is an ika territory.

Even agbor, the past dein, who BTW was 100% agbor wrote and I quote

The new dein, the son of the quoted words, BTW is half bini and grew up with his mother. Since he's the only son that's how come he took over. growing up with his mother got him to distort what the past dein stated and claim agbor was a Benin descendant.

I can keep going on but I've argued this edo theives history rewritten sh1t so many times. I am tired of it.

As for those that claim "edo does not rewrite, edo does not invade."...tell that nonsense to SE igbos, not to the rest of us. We know our history well enough and recall how much we fought to get liberated from your invading @ss. Also notice from the above statement the dein stated "the Benin who claim him as one of their own" so spare us. As far as I can see, Edo are just as bad as yoloba people and they need to be watched as them. Land grapping thieves
Yeye dunce, does the dein of Agbor wear red cap and ibo attire? What kind of attire does he wear?
Maybe places in Agbor like 0gan, Owuwu, Alisor etc are also ibos? In fact,The name Agbor and Eka are ibos?
Yeye people!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
meaning?.
Ask Ugomba

Ugomba:
There is a newspaper article where the Efik and Ibibio people identified their ancestry to Benin.. Your women style of dressing is copied from Benin..
You dey crase o. No be only Son of Water.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
Dundee who can't recognise a sarcastic post!
You are no different from your brother, onenaira3 or maybe you are one!
Yeye!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
Dundee who couldn't recognise a sarcastic post!
You are no different from your brother, onenaira3 or maybe you are one!
Yeye!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
onenaira3:

Oh boy you are late. They have started to do that to ibusa. The only difference though is ibusa is fighting back and refusing to allow them rewrite their history.. They even tried to do that with ogwashi uku and the obi of ogwashi nibbed that sh1t in the bud faster than a speed of light. As I read this thread, I saw some of them claiming "asaba is not Igbo"... So I'm going to be watching this land grapping thieves from now on. let me see one rewrite of Asaba history..they'll see wahalla.
its Naija tribal politics, they perceive Anioma as "minorities" so the game plan is Edonize our whole history and expand the Edo territory..
I grew up with some of them as friends, so I know how they behave.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yeye dunce, does the dein of Agbor wear red cap and ibo attire? What kind of attire does he wear?
Maybe places in Agbor like 0gan, Owuwu, Alisor etc are also ibos? In fact,The name Agbor and Eka are ibos?
Yeye people!

What kind of stupid1ty do you have? I have told you several times and I'll say it again...GET A BRAIN TRANSPLANT, you desperately need it. Your IQ is lower than low and it shows on every post you make on this forum. Don't quote me again unless you have something logical to add to it. If you going to rant some more stup1d sh1t, don't disturb me. I don't speak dumb@ss.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
alablec:

Please, let's stop being emotional about this. people will continue to evolve, The Itsekiri, Urobo and Ijaw have different languages but almost the same culture. The Igbo and Yoruba that continue to quarreling on nothing share many linguistic affinity, eg aka - apa(aka in Ekiti), imi-imu(imi- breath), iti-eti, onu-enu, miri-omi, okute-okuta, ejima-eji, etc. we continue to allow emotions to lead us instead of building on what has join us together. We can't just write off Bini influence. I also want to say that there are many groups in these places that have their origins among main Igbo in the East. However, people are really mixed and self determination is what matters in this situations, no one should speak for these people, the ball is in their court!

Mr. before you yarn dust.

imi. nose. not breath. thanks.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ugomba:
Shut up and face your Asaba, land of the cursed!
Bunch of loser!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tsdarkside(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
onenaira3:

you igbos are loosing this propaganda-war...you started it...why didnt you just stayed quiet and develope your area??...but nooo...you have to provoke everybody with how strong,better looking,your shiit doesn stink,...bla bla bla...at the end,you will find out,that nobody realy likes you,and you are not many,and ,much lesser areas than you think...because you have some igbo-speaking people in areas,doesnt mean this areas will join...i even suspect that enugu and umuhuia will not join you this time..who likes to be on the always loosing side....

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
xtrorse:

You and your greedy Edo folks have created threads upon threads on NL to attract unnecessary attention to yourselves on IPOB pursuit. And Igbos have continually reminded you saboteurs that you're not needed! 

Edo people have strongly advocated and cajoled other groups for South-South republic to no avail. Why? The answer is very obvious - you're a bunch of greedy, wicked, diabolic and hypocritical, ass-licking saboteurs!

Edo was simply used to complete SS zone for political convenience and therefore cannot speak for SS-Igbos.
Edo is geographically and culturally not SS. Edo is more or less SW.

Times without number you've shamelessly accused Igbos of wanting to claim you and your fellow traitors. Are you a kid for ever thinking someone would claim you in this modern age?

How dare you weak-minded leeches crave for unnecessary attention from the public? Your claims that Igbos want you when you already have a movement is silly and cowardly.
Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic:https://www.nairaland.com/2355622/mosundi-demands-niger-delta-peoples

You've got freedom of association and so you're free to merge yourselves with any other ethnic group of your choice. Do well to channel your negative energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic where you're most needed as slavish subjects.

Edo should leave Igbos out of their miseries!

https://www.nairaland.com/2621388/how-republic-south-south-states

https://www.nairaland.com/2603582/view-biafra-edo-perceptive

Are you kidding me right now? Please answer the following questions for me Mr. Dickhead'

What tribe is known for cannibalism?

What tribe is known for 419?

What tribe is known for money rituals, they even go as far as using their parents for money rituals because of greed.

What tribe is known for expired drug manufacturers, they have even killed millions of innocent Nigerians through this?

What tribe do their women prostitute and get pregnant only to sell off the babies because of money?

What tribe is presently trying to coerce other tribes to join them in actualizing Biafra?

What tribe is known for claiming other People's territories, they have tried it with Lagos but failed.

What tribe is known for Child slavery?

What tribe is known for killing each other in the East over a piece of Land.

What tribe was Okija shrine discovered?

Answer these questions and tell me the true meaning of greediness.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by AreaFada2: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
bokohalal:

My now deceased neighbour, an early Bini graduate,told me some of the territories and their real names.
I once opined on a different thread that the Binis were made to suffer the most from British colonialism in Nigeria and an Esan guy sneered at the opinion until he saw facts.

Well, there's always this Benin-Esan rivalry. Esan feel they were oppressed in imperial times. Funny enough Esan actually had high ranks in Benin imperial army among other positions.

Benin paid a very high price. Because it was perhaps the most formidable and biggest southern obstacle to British colonial ambitions to own land from Lake Chad all the way to Niger delta/Atlantic.

In fact British rulers in Benin Province from about 1900 refused to build schools in Benin. Despite Benin being the most lucrative province in the South, due to rubber for emerging car industry to make tyres. They claimed there was no money to build school.

Even residents of a prosperous community then called Oghada volunteered to pay to build a school to educate 100 of their sons, yet the British refused. Instead, they said students should be sent to Calabar for education. Remember, Ovonramwen was still in Calabar exile then. Was that a careful plan to deport more Benin people to Calabar wondered Benin people.
Yet, the British built schools in the less rich Warri/Asaba areas of then.

The British resident rulers had sent a secret memo to London to say why:
Educating Benin people means making the mistake made earlier in Lagos Colony & Sierra Leone. Those educated at Fourah Bay College & Lagos schools had become the biggest opponents of British rule. Considering the anger over deportation of the Oba, if Benin are educated, they would become very difficult opponents of Britain.

Benin has never really recovered from the deliberate British evil schemes to greatly reduce Benin influence. And of course now just another minority tribe in a winner-takes-all polity we live in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:
Are you kidding me right now? Please answer the following questions for me Mr. Dickhead'

What tribe is known for cannibalism?

What tribe is known for 419?

What tribe is known for money rituals, they even go as far as using their parents for money rituals because of greed.

What tribe is known for expired drug manufacturers, they have even killed millions of innocent Nigerians through this?

What tribe do their women prostitute and get pregnant only to sell off the babies because of money?

What tribe is presently trying to coerce other tribes to join them in actualizing Biafra?

What tribe is known for claiming other People's territories, they have tried it with Lagos but failed.

What tribe is known for Child slavery?

What tribe is known for killing each other in the East over a piece of Land.

What tribe was Okija shrine discovered?

Answers these questions and tell me the true meaning of greediness.

Edo Scallywag, what good can proceed from diabolic scammers and treacherous backstabbers who in 1967-70 gladly colluded with their masters to gleefully commit genocide on supposed Anioma brothers?

Are Igbos to blame that Edo smartness ends in being notorious international prostitutes, Ogboni-cult human blood drinkers, diabolic scammers and armed robbers?

You should be hiding your head in shame that your people have only flourished at the expense of others by virtue of the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity coupled with the disgraceful manner your backstabbing elites ass-lick their masters.

Here's a good description of greed as exemplified by the land-grabbing and people-claiming tendencies of Edo people:

For the records, during the pre-colonial Bini empire went about conquering, subjugating and exploiting other ethnic groups and grabbing their territories and wealth. Due to your wickedness, greed and expansionist tendencies Bini empire enslaved and forced those groups to live under your despotic rule.

The Great Igbo Nation never had such history of expansionist tendencies of land grabbing and seeking to dominate others! Unlike Binis, Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas, Igbos were never empire builders and never tried to conquer the smaller tribes around them to dispossess them of their lands.
It's in vain for you and your cohorts to accuse Igbos of grabbing people's lands.

These are notorious acts of Edo people:

1. International prostitution Fact#
2. Wicked juju-enslavement of girls Fact#
3. Barbaric witchcraft and ritual practices Fact#
4. Credit cards scammers Fact#
5. 419 business Fact#
6. Greedy treasury looters Fact#
7. Saboteurs and treacherous backstabbers Fact#
8. Executors of genocide on Anioma people Fact#
9. Diabolic land grabbers and brother killers Fact#
10. Married Edo women importing their mothers' juju and witchcraft into their husbands homes Fact#
11. Cunning, greedy and lazy slaves Fact#
12. Parasitic ingrates Fact#
13. Devilish cultists Fact#

If you talk about any positive human endeavours Edo people are nowhere near the Igbos.
In education, Igbos are highly schooled and have the highest number of professors in the country.
The Igbo child would need to score higher than his/her Edo counterpart to be able to secure admission into Unity Schools. This wicked quota system is one the evils that gives you the boldness to rant stupidly and carelessly online.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
[s][/s]Use.less smelling yoloba ediot.
It is your dirty ibo people that loves staying in dirty places like Aba, Onitsha, Ladipo, Alaba etc?
Tell me again the number of ibos that died of cholera in Anambra?
Bunch of losers!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:

You and Ugombo are just obviously stup*d.
Who wants to associate with animals like you, jeez do me a favour and jump into the lagoon. I don't even know why one of my aunties went ahead to marry a man from Akwa Ibom State, slavish backward set of people.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tsdarkside(m): 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Shut up and face your Asaba, land of the cursed!
Bunch of loser!

you people just dont get it......this is not the way to make friends....and if you try,to take lands away by force again from this peace loving people,we will tilt you once and for all,from the face of the earth,,,we will finish what the white-devils started in mesada......
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Abagworo(m): 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

It is your dirty ibo people that loves staying in dirty places like Aba, Onitsha, Ladipo, Alaba etc?
Tell me again the number of ibos that died of cholera in Anambra?
Bunch of losers!

You came here to fight instead of to learn from more knowledgeable people.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:
Shut up and face your Asaba, land of the cursed! Bunch of loser!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha.. You are a refined comedian..

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Factors responsible.

1) Areas of settlement: from writeup Akalaka and his young family travelled from Benin and settled in areas already inhabited by locals..The locals were more in number and as such were able to dominate in language.(to interact with them, you need to learn language).

2)Intermarriage: again from writeup, Akalaka had to marry his second wife from within the community he settled to gain love and trust of the local population..Akalaka and sons were supplied wives by Igbos.

3) Slave trading: It was common practice then to buy slaves for ecoomic and domestic purposes and Igboland were relentless selling its people as slaves (Igbos can sell anything for money).A man with maybe 2wives and 14 children can own more than 200 male and female slaves..Akalaka and Sons took hundreds of Igbo slaves.

So then, anyone asking of Igbo influence should understand how it came about..But we know our history.

Im perjectly jaded with Ikwerre this, Igbo that.

your own case is something else. you should try writing movie. May work.

something you lot don't understand. Akalaka. is an Igbo name

How can a bini man have Igbo name.

you guys 've tried explaining other angle. why don't you explain from the Igbo name angle maybe we will understand.

try explain how akalaka is a name he picked along the way or maybe the it's got bini meaning

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
AreaFada2:

Well, there's always this Benin-Esan rivalry. Esan feel they were oppressed in imperial times. Funny enough Esan actually had high ranks in Benin imperial army among other positions.

Benin paid a very high price. Because it was perhaps the most formidable and biggest southern obstacle to British colonial ambitions to own land from Lake Chad all the way to Niger delta/Atlantic.

In fact British rulers in Benin Province from about 1900 refused to build schools in Benin. Despite Benin beign the most lucrative province in the South, due to rubber for emerging car industry to make tyres. They claimed there was no money to build school.

Even residents of a prosperous community then called Oghada volunteered to pay to build a school to educate 100 of their sons, yet the British refused. Instead, they said students should be sent to Calabar for education. Remember, Ovonramwen was still in Calabar exile then. Was that a careful plan to deport more Benin people to Calabar wondered Benin people.

The British resident rulers had sent a secret memo the London to say why:
Educating Benin people means making the mistake made earlier in Lagos Colony & Sierra Leone. Those educated at Fourah Bay College & Lagos schools had become the biggest opponents of British rule. Considering the anger over deportation of the Oba, if Benin are educated, they would become very difficult opponents of Britain.

Benin has never really recovered from the deliberate British evil schemes to greatly reduce Benin influence. And of course now just another minority tribe in a winner-takes-all polity we live in.

Yes you're right about the Benin-Esan rivalry but for me, I really don't have Ill will towards the Benins. I've always seen them as brothers to be honest. I think its certain parts of Esan that aren't really buddy buddy with Benin. Funny thing is, the Esan's battle was allegedly more difficult for the British according to a few historians.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Abagworo:

You came here to fight instead of to learn from more knowledgeable people.
See another hypocrite rears its ugly head!
Yeye!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ugomba:
its Naija tribal politics, they perceive Anioma as "minorities" so the game plan is Edonize our whole history and expand the Edo territory..
I grew up with some of them as friends, so I know how they behave.

No. An onitsha friend of mine once told me this that the edo are trying to do what their ancestors failed to do in the past. Instead of trying to force an oba, they believe if they change the history, the land automatically belongs to them.
Like did you know Onitsha peeps are actually not Benin descendants? I never knew that based on the stories I've heard but according to my friend, the Onitsha founder migrated from east to Benin and after having an altercation with the oba of Benin, he decided to head back home and on his way home is where he discovered Onitsha and decided to settle there along with the people that came with them. When I asked her why people claim Onitsha is from Benin... The answer she gave is pretty much the same scenario as anioma. Onitsha used to be also a trading spot for some Bini people so some stayed and also when Chima journeyed to Onitsha, some Bini people came with him so those people are the ones that threw away the earlier migration of chima to Benin kingdom. Tufiakwa.

I never used to believe it growing up because just like you I had few as friends but being on NL long enough, i truly can see what people say about Edo peep is a fact. I'm going to be watching them from now on.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
AreaFada2:

In fact British rulers in Benin Province from about 1900 refused to build schools in Benin. Despite Benin beign the most lucrative province in the South, due to rubber for emerging car industry to make tyres. They claimed there was no money to build school.

The British resident rulers had sent a secret memo the London to say why:

How did you know that I did not want to mention how late Western education got to Bini people due to British discriminatory policy against them? Wow!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Senate Committee Recommends Suspension Of Ndume For 6 Months, Clears Melaye / Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier, Akeem (Photos) / Hassanatu Suleiman Killed! Wife Of Suleiman Achor, PDP Leader In Ofu Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.