Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,828,999 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (43918 Views)

Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Concrete Facts To Prove That Ikwerres Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by SupremeXYZ(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
[s]
Enahi:

Nope I am not poor in history at all, you people have refused to accept the bitter truth. The East is yours keep it but don't lay claim or or add other communities that is not in the East to your Biafra. Igbos aren't the original Settlers or owners of Delta States,Rivers,Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. You people are visitors in those States because of Nigeria, now that you want to have Biafra you cant come and add other territories not located in the East to Biafra. It will not happen. Go and look for another strategy, just like you cant lay claim to Lagos State is the same way you cant lay claim to the States I listed.

Do it the right way, don't think Nigerians are foolish that you want to come and lord over their States. Very selfish.

[/s]If your are mad,never you drag Akwa Ibom state into your madness.I haven't seen any Igbo claim us as Igbos.Yes,we av' Igbo communities in our fringes,courtsey of faulty state creation,but Igbos never lay claim to our land,except those their communities.Don't drag us into your Igbo hating madness.Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Majority of the Aniomas weren't included either!
However, your stup!d war lord not only invaded the area but also Benin!
Yeye people!
Majority of aniomas weren't included?
Ika which is the most western part of anioma suffered just like rest of the anioma people.
Agbor was devastated by federal forces.
So tell me which part of anioma was not included?
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
I am still waiting for Enahi to reply me.
She has ran away, hasn't she?
smh.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Eastlink(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

Leave Ojukwu out of this, I repeat you cant claim States not in the East. You can relocate your brothers and sisters scattered allover Nigeria to the East but you cant add their territories to Biafra.
I get infuriated by senseless comments as this. How old do you say you are again? I see that you guyz are bent on this suicidal land grabbing exercise.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Eastlink:
I get infuriated by senseless comments as this. How old do you say you are again? I see that you guyz are bent on this suicidal land grabbing exercise.
I asked her to tell me who will claim those territories if the igbo owners leave them, she did not reply.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Because I can't say you can't name somebody a "cup or utensil" I wanna know how many people bear the name in Bini. And that will move our discussions to the next stage.
If you read Nigeria people and culture, one of the GST courses in Uniben, Akalaka was named among the royal family in the book! I definitely know I have seen it somewhere @ uniben!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
kingzizzy:

I don't know what you are finding hard to understand. A few Ijaw people bear English surnames with most of then attaching their Original Ijaw names to the English ones e.g, Soboma-Gearoge, Ateke-Tom. But some how, you believe that Delta-Igbos, who number well over a million people migrated from Edo,abandoned their ancestral surnames in favour of the ones adopted from their Igbo neigbours. I find that absolutely impossible to believe. It maybe well be that many Ikas have Edo names as first or second names but what I'm interested in is the last name which is what we are born with.
You are mistaken as to my belief. I only punctured your argument with superior and logical ones.
We did not bear surnames before Europeans came to Africa. An Ateke-Tom is a recent entry into African culture. It does not determine heritage.
Many RETURNEES ended up answering the names of places they were residents of. An IDEMUDIA-COLE could have originally been Fante.
A cursory check of the names of Obis in Delta would reveal lot of Edo names until recently. Why did they not continue to use the Edo names?
Your surname as an alpha answer to heritage is illogical.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
I asked her to tell me who will claim those territories if the igbo owners leave them, she did not reply.
Lol!
Are they slaves that need ownership and claims? Maybe the spoils of war? Lol!
Yeye people!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
Let me humour you a little.
If these territories does not belong to the igbo people resident there, who does it belong to, in the eventuality of a Nigerian disintegration?

If you are conversant with history, I am sure you know what owners or founders of territory is. Just like the history of other States we have people who settled in those States before others migrated there.

The Igbo people will still be treated as one just like what obtains in other countries of the world, but they will now be identified as Biafrans and no longer Delta igbos. They will have to have a passport for identification.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by CSTR2: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Are they slaves that need ownership and claims? Maybe the spoils of war? Lol!
Yeye people!
I seriously don't get you.
Are you hallucinating?
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:

I have replied you, for goodness sake I am at work..
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

If you read Nigeria people and culture, one of the GST courses in Uniben, Akalaka was named among the royal family in the book! I definitely know I have seen it somewhere @ uniben!

I can count up ten Igbo with the name Akalaka. Remember,most people who resided in the ancient Bini land were not Bini people. Infact,Agbor were big threats to the Bini empire and was one of the reason the Bini wall was erected. There is a period of crisis in Bini known in Igbo folklore as Agha Idun Oba. To be frank,Bini people doesn't bear the same Akalaka!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by IGBOPRINCE: 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Abagworo:
In as much as it is right to respect ones ethnic freedom, I find it ridiculous on how people try to twist history in order to refute kinship with Igboland. All Igbo speaking people from Igbanke to Ikwerre to Nsukka to Afikpo to Agbo and Abakaliki are simply descendants of Igbo speaking people of old that metamorphosed into different clans and ethnic groups.

It is true that some Igbos migrated out of ancient Benin empire and moved Eastwards but what is not true is that they were Edo before migration. Igbo was the language but they came under the rule of Benin during Benin expansion. The Benin styled leadership was used in ruling them either by one of Oba's sons or a Benin military leader or even an Igbo with allegiance to Oba. At a point the Oba became tyrannical and fell out with some Igbos who fled from their home. In Igboland its called "agha idu n'oba". Anyone can ask an elderly Igboman and he will confirm the story. Many of the Igbos that left Benin area as a result of "agha idu n'oba" settled in today's Southeast while others sort for virgin lands further South.

The evidence of this migration exists in Igbanke, Edo State and the line up of Onicha towns all the way to Southeast whom people call Umuezechime. The presence of Igbo speech in Igbanke suggests that it isn't a recent migration or borrowing of language from Southeast as they are located well off core Igbo speakers. The names Chime and Akalaka further proves they were already Igbo speaking before migration to the East.
ye children of ewedu..
Make una read again. tongue
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

You are mad, your Mother and Sisters are Prostitutes. Do I look like your useless Igbo ladies that will sleep with Men because of money? I work hard I don't survive through Men.

Don't you ever mention my mention my moniker idi*t

Go and check what your shameless sister do all over Europe. I've yet to read or even meet a Nigerian caught for prositution in Europe that is not from Edo state. When caught your asahwo sister lie they were "trafficked".... Useless , land grapping, prosistuting thieves

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by AreaFada2: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ugomba:
As long my Ogwashi Uku/ Aniocha is not part of that Edo history Trash; I don't give a f"uck..
Proudly Anioma, Proudly Delta Igbo.

FYI,

The Edos are not forcing anyone to be part of them. Edo History, culture & civilastion is well known worldwide, perhaps one of the best known in Sub-Saharan Africa.
But people can chose to twist history if they wish.

Having lost the war against the British in 1897, Benin people accepted their fate of losing empire.

Upon restoration of the Monarchy 1914, Benin people accepted to end claims to territories/vassal lands in Eastern Yorubaland & Delta/Western Iboland, etc.

Benin people have moved on. So nobody should be stuck in the past.

Anyone can claim to have come from Mars originally if it makes them happy.
grin cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
Majority of aniomas weren't included?
Ika which is the most western part of anioma suffered just like rest of the anioma people.
Agbor was devastated by federal forces.
So tell me which part of anioma was not included?
Only the Asaba who provided the means for invasion to their biafra brothers were dealt with! There was no other casualties recorded in Ika and Ukwuani!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by IGBOPRINCE: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Hahaha. See thus fool. Your tribe is well known worldwide for criminality and you want to make yourself feel good by calling edos thieves. I pity you. Death awaits you and your tribesmen
you re in pained, you will die in pained if this continued.
Children of ewedu..tongue
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
[s][/s]If your are mad,never you drag Akwa Ibom state into your madness.I haven't seen any Igbo claim us as Igbos.Yes,we av' Igbo communities in our fringes,courtsey of faulty state creation,but Igbos never lay claim to our land,except those their communities.Don't drag us into your Igbo hating madness.Thanks.

Jeez why are you barking? Are you sure you are ok.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I can count up ten Igbo with the name Akalaka. Remember,most people who resided in the ancient Bini land were not Bini people. Infact,Agbor were big threats to the Bini empire and was one of the reason the Bini wall was erected. There is a period of crisis in Bini known in Igbo folklore as Agha Idun Oba. To be frank,Bini people doesn't bear the same Akalaka!

There are many names the Edos no longer bear. Not however saying that Akalaka is Edo.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
CSTR2:
I seriously don't get you.
Are you hallucinating?
CSTR2:
I asked her to tell me who will claim those territories if the igbo owners
leave them, she did not reply.
Lol!
Yeye!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:
... I do believe the ibos own the East and they should all relocate there.

Enough of your Biafra nonsense, nobody is stopping you guys but as you are leaving kindly take your brothers and sisters scattered allover Nigeria along with you. That's not too much to ask is it?

You and your greedy Edo folks have created threads upon threads on NL to attract unnecessary attention to yourselves on IPOB pursuit. And Igbos have continually reminded you saboteurs that you're not needed! 

Edo people have strongly advocated and cajoled other groups for South-South republic to no avail. Why? The answer is very obvious - you're a bunch of greedy, wicked, diabolic and hypocritical, ass-licking saboteurs!

Edo was simply used to complete SS zone for political convenience and therefore cannot speak for SS-Igbos.
Edo is geographically and culturally not SS. Edo is more or less SW.

Times without number you've shamelessly accused Igbos of wanting to claim you and your fellow traitors. Are you a kid for ever thinking someone would claim you in this modern age?

How dare you weak-minded leeches crave for unnecessary attention from the public? Your claims that Igbos want you when you already have a movement is silly and cowardly.
Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic:https://www.nairaland.com/2355622/mosundi-demands-niger-delta-peoples

You've got freedom of association and so you're free to merge yourselves with any other ethnic group of your choice. Do well to channel your negative energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic where you're most needed as slavish subjects.

Edo should leave Igbos out of their miseries!

https://www.nairaland.com/2621388/how-republic-south-south-states

https://www.nairaland.com/2603582/view-biafra-edo-perceptive

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bigfrancis21: 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
OfoIgbo:

EKPEYE means AKPA OHIA in the hinterland Igbo, which means BUSH BAG

I think he meant the difference between Ekpeye and Ahoada? Ekpeye people are found in Ahoada and thus it is unnecessary to mention Ekpeye and Ahoada twice just like the OP did in his title. It is just like mentioning Onitsha people and Onitsha town as if they were 2 distinct things. Only an easterner, Igbo and others, that can tell these minute differences. It shows the OP is not from the east and is quite ignorant about the geography and dynamics of Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
efik and ibibio people are Edos, they trace their ancestry to Benin.
Even the Obong of Calabar and Godswill Akpabio have confirmed that they migrated from Benin..
Even their language is an edoid language.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
bokohalal:

There are many names the Edos no longer bear. Not however saying that Akalaka is Edo.
It's unfortunate Bini's language is gradually being replaced with pidgin which is quite sad! When I was at school, you can hardy find the youth, even adults speak bini save for some old people!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by SupremeXYZ(m): 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enahi:

Jeez why are you barking? Are you sure you are ok.
I have warned you for the last time,stick your stupidity into your a*s hole,and leave us out of it.Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
AreaFada2:

FYI,

The Edos are not forcing anyone to be part of them. Edo History, culture & civilastion is well known worldwide, perhaps one of the best known in Sub-Saharan Africa.
But people can chose to twist history if they wish.

Having lost the war against the British in 1897, Benin people accepted their fate of losing empire.

Upon restoration of the Monarchy 1914, Benin people accepted to end claims to territories/vassal lands in Eastern Yorubaland & Delta/Western Iboland, etc.

Benin people have moved on. So nobody should be stuck in the past.

Anyone can claim to have come from Mars originally it makes them happy.
grin cheesy

My now deceased neighbour, an early Bini graduate,told me some of the territories and their real names.
I once opined on a different thread that the Binis were made to suffer the most from British colonialism in Nigeria and an Esan guy sneered at the opinion until he saw facts.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ugomba:
Igbos should STOP claim efik and ibibio people, they are Not Igbos, they trace their ancestry to Edo.
Even the Obong of Calabar and Godswill Akpabio have confirmed that they migrated from Benin..
Yeye eediot trying so hard to divert the attention!
Loser!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by bokohalal(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ugomba:
efik and ibibio people are Edos, they trace their ancestry to Benin.
Funny.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Well the Benin moats were erected to keep invaders away in general.. I highly doubt the Benin Kingdom was afraid of Agbor.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
I have warned you for the last time,stick your stupidity into your a*s hole,and leave us out of it.Thanks.
Who called you eediot in the first place?
Yeye!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Enahi(f): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
SupremeXYZ:

You have been noticed undecided
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
As I read this entire thread, I did not read any anioma comment, all I saw where yoloba and edo thieves. I've seen the Edo are just like the yolova. No fucking wonder no body wants you illiterate in SS and want you f00ls pushed to SW. You people are just as despicable and useless as those people.

For those that want to know the real deal:

During Benin invasion to Aniomalamd, after getting defeated, many of their people stayed in several parts of aniomaland (this is where I honestly think our ancestors f2ked up), anyhoo so yes there are Benin descendants in Anioma and those Benin descendants are currently trying to rewrite history..something some of the kings have stated..for example, read the book Anioma: Resolving the Identity Crisis by Obi Charles Anyasi of Idumuje unor (obi of idumuje unor) 
For those that unaware where idumuje unor is..idumuje unor is an ika territory.

Even agbor, the past dein, who BTW was 100% agbor wrote and I quote

Here tradition tells us that Ogele or Ogene was the patriarch of our ancestors; but whence he came from we do not know for certain. Even the Benin, who claim him as their own, confess to the mystry of his exact association with them. Better to know the man from his deeds among us, as I have recounted. We believe that early Agbors have some cultural affinity with the East Niger—Igbo people, and that the Edo people as neighbors of Agbor 

Language: Agbor spoke the ika dialect akin to other Igbo tongues, but the special vehile of the ika culture end image. It is distinct and dissimilar from Edo language and vice versa, even though some say that Agbor was once under the Oba’s rule. This was so because Benin was the first to acquire firearms from the Portuguese, and with which they terrorized the neighboring states. But this state of affairs lasted for only a short: Agbor liberated themselves before the 18th century. “Oru asuw Igbo; Igbo asuw Ika”: Agbor appears to be the credits of the Ika dialect and the citadel of Igbo heroes.

Chief A.G.Idwue
Dein of Agbor
Agbor-Obi 1979

The new dein, the son of the quoted words, BTW is half bini and grew up with his mother. Since he's the only son that's how come he took over. growing up with his mother got him to distort what the past dein stated and claim agbor was a Benin descendant.

I can keep going on but I've argued this edo theives history rewritten sh1t so many times. I am tired of it.

As for those that claim "edo does not rewrite, edo does not invade."...tell that nonsense to SE igbos, not to the rest of us. We know our history well enough and recall how much we fought to get liberated from your invading @ss. Also notice from the above statement the dein stated "the Benin who claim him as one of their own" so spare us. As far as I can see, Edo are just as bad as yoloba people and they need to be watched as them. Land grapping thieves

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Continued To Receive Salaries Months After Resignation - Gazette / Five University Of Maiduguri Graduates That Are Now Governors-elect: Photo / Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Salary By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.