Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,005 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION (22380 Views)

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East / Kwankwaso: The Master Beaten At His Game - By Shaka Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Opinedecandid(m): 6:58am On Oct 26, 2015
And Kwankwaso should shut up, as well.

It is either we have cessation, regionalism or true federalism.

It is a must that we look at this marriage of convenience again.

If it is still obvious that we are strange bed-fellows, then we call it quit.

Each region MUST be made to control her resources and pay something to the centre. So that where Kwankwaso comes from will wake up to the reality and develop her natural resources to end herself abundant revenue.
So they stop relying on the revenue from other regions, victimising and marginalising them as well.

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by iokpebholo: 7:06am On Oct 26, 2015
simplycarro:

Goat. Look at those making the threat and their preference in the last election. If you lack knowledge, Google Odumakin and FFK role in the last election.
You should be more worry about your Director already spending close to one month in DSS underground dungeon if he will come out alive.
sorry boy but wait a minute, are trying to justify wat kwankwaso said?or u no wan offend ur master.i will nt call u a goat cos I know say goat better pass u by far grin

13 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Omololu007(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2015
ZUBY77:

Check the attached file since you are afraid to be yourself.
omo Igbo let me show you what he said

Movic1:

Kwankwaso, who is a senator, said at the weekend that the call was misguided and politically motivated.
He stressed that no zone could be an island, adding that what the Fulani herdsmen that were being asked to leave Yoruba land needed was education on how to go about their cattle-rearing business.
He spoke in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital at the weekend as a special guest at the Silver Jubilee Celebration of the set of 1965-1971 of Government College, Ibadan. The event witnessed the inauguration of two sets of pre-fabricated staff buildings donated by Vitafoam Nigeria Plc to the institution.
The former governor said: “The issue of conflict between the farmers and Fulani herdsmen is not common to the Southwest alone. It is not even common to Nigeria. It is all over the sub-region.
“On the issue that we are talking about, education is very important. If all Fulani are given opportunity to go to school, I don’t think they will risk their lives and their animals going into the bush, where there are reptiles. I think the key thing is education. The Fulani should be educated.
“I am a Fulani. My parents settled down many years ago. My father went to school and I have been to school. My children have gone to school. Now, I don’t think I will get cattle and go into a forest; that is education for you.
“The key thing is, whether in the North or Africa, Fulani are all over. They call themselves Fulani in this part of the world. But in other places, they call them different names. So, education is key. They should be educated. They should be settled. Of course, by that, they will develop the modern way of keeping livestock.”
He added: “If you go to developed countries, you don’t see animals running about. It has to do with underdevelopment. If you go to Niger, Chad, Cameroon and all these places, they get Fulani roaming about, endangering their lives, endangering their own animals and it is not good for anybody, the economy and the security. But that is for the future.
“But for today, I think it is important for government to provide facilities because we require their services. Facilities like grazing areas for the cattle and other facilities to make sure that we manage the situation.
“In the North, we used to have all these grazing areas. We used to have cattle ranch, where they go from place to place without going into the farm. Probably because of the population now and other issues, all these places are being taking by farmers. Therefore, it becomes very difficult for any cattle to roam or go to places without going into farms.
“So, it is not only peculiar to the Southwest. We just have to have a lot of understanding of the situation. Some of the issues being raised by the people, especially politicians, do not help anybody. If you sack the Fulani from here or you fight them, maybe it is because you are here. If you are a Yoruba man based in Kano, I don’t think you can contemplate sacking the Fulani.
“I am from Kano, but right now I am in Ibadan. Where you are is your home. Today, Ibadan is my home. God forbids; if something bad happens here, it will affect me. If it happens in my village, I am not there. They won’t see me. But for today, I think it is important for government to provide ranching facilities such as grazing sites, because we require their services.
“It now calls for understanding among Nigerians. To that extent, therefore, politicians should stop over-blowing the issue.
“All Fulani should be given opportunity to go to school. These Fulani should be educated. I am one of them. I am Fulani. Had I not been educated, imagine what I would have been today; I probably would have been in the forest.”
He canvassed a quick return of boarding facilities to all public schools in the country as well as compulsory education for the Fulani.
“This will go a long way in reawakening confidence in the national polity,” he said
www.thenationonlineng.net/people-making-secessionist-threat-should-shut-up-says-kwankwaso/

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by superstar1(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2015
Which part of the write up suggests "shut up"?

Nigerian journalism and sensationalism.

What effort did Kwankwaso made to educate his kinsmen when he was the governor of kano state?
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by truefact: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2015
As usual the diabolical yorubas have divert the attention to igbos...yorubas are slavish ostrich to the hausa I fulani

21 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Illiterate, Go and work on your grammar before engaging those who are intellectually superior to you. You sound like an Almajiri school drop-out.
When is your golden director coming home?
Useless cowards! The guy must have known that he is leading a nation of cowards whose bravery ends on the Internet making a whole lot of noise
Ojukwu children grin
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2015
iokpebholo:
sorry boy but wait a minute, are trying to justify wat kwankwaso said?or u no wan offend ur master.i will nt call u a goat cos I know say goat better pass u by far grin
If I were to be in kwankwaso shoes, I will chastise those fools more, because their call is a selfish call. We are not emotional about issues the way the beast threat issues.
If my brother is wrong I will tell him so

3 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Rilwayne001: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2015
truefact:
As usual the diabolical yorubas have divert the attention to igbos...yorubas are slavish ostrich to the hausa I fulani

Fool, show me in the article where he told anyone to shut up. undecided
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by simplycarro: 7:27am On Oct 26, 2015
truefact:
Fool
Why are ibos crying more than those supposedly injured by the remark.?
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by godwinkessi: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2015
omowolewa:
Educating Fulanis is not S/West's responsibility but keeping them a far.

But I thought he would talk about Biafra who is already acting their treat, all to see him talking about Yorubas who only told the 'North' to warm their children.

Has he ever heard of Radio Biafra or Nnamadi Kanu or IPOB. This man no dey visit NL sha.

Leave Biafra out of ur misery. Ur master has commanded u to sit the fvck down. Deal with it... Biafrans are on their own ish

19 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by emekatimsu(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2015
space booked in case it make front page i will comment
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Seunaj05(m): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2015
The north continue to wage war against our national unity, they should pls fight for their freedom and get away. Is he saying that fulanis are not offered admission when they enroll in schools? Or we should allot another special fund to take education into the den of the fulanis?
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Pascal181: 7:49am On Oct 26, 2015
Whatever yorubas see they shld take it. They allowed themselves 2 be deceived into voting a terrorist as president so wat are we talking about...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2015
Meanwhile....why don't we spend more on the Police? Make them better equipped to handle the cattle herder crisis.

Anyone thought of buying drones for the Police for instance?

Long term....education and better land management....and someone has to do something about the Sahara encroachment too.

Secceding would not stop the problem.
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by lonelydora: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2015
What I know is, if they kill any person in my place, I will kill 10. Well, they can't even try it with us.

Giving them education is good, but will they sit down and learn? I don't think so.
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by blackpanda: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:
Lmaoooooo @ Fulani trying to call Yorubaland home.

What was Kanos IGR again?

So you know that Fulani is a national issue and you're ignoring it. Moraphucker

Jesus!!!

Now, with your silly comment, will u consider yourself part of the problem or solution?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2015
So, whose fault is it that the Fulanis don't go to school? This guy should just shut the mess up.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Orikinla(m): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2015
Movic1:

http://thenationonlineng.net/people-making-secessionist-threat-should-shut-up-says-kwankwaso/
[size=28pt]
EDUCATION IS THE KEY.
All Hausa Fulani need education.
[/size]
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Samirana360(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2015
madridguy:
Former Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has asked Yoruba leaders threatning to secede over the kidnap of former Secretary to the Government of Federation Chief Olu Falae to “shut up”.

Nigeria journalist with their poor way of reporting just to gather attention. I trust Kwankwaso he won't say jargon as reported by the wururwuru media.
It all depends on ur understandin....his statement means shut up if u look @ it 4rm d other angle

2 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by blackpanda: 7:56am On Oct 26, 2015
superstar1:

What effort did Kwankwaso made to educate his kinsmen when he was the governor of kano state?

Apparently you are one of those who need this education....BADLY! with your grammatical blunders grin

4 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by tonychristopher: 7:58am On Oct 26, 2015
Who will bet ?

They will leave the topic and call Igbo

Who will bet ?

15 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Orikinla(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2015
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by princemillla(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2015
If truly kwankwanso said yoruba should shut up, then he is so foolish.

I wonder if Nigeria will experience any developments under these abokis. They are just too dumb for my liking. Jesss

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by tonychristopher: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2015
emekatimsu:
space booked in case it make front page i will comment

And finally it made fp
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by globalresource: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2015
They should be given the opportunity to go to school Must they be spoon fed on everything? Are there no schools around? My advice i , let them start over there too, in the north.

One Nigeria but peaceful and prosperous Nigeria I pray
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by MayorofLagos(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2015
I dont believe Rabiu said "shut up".

We know the different ethnic groups in Nigeria and their characteristics in public speech and display.
It is out of character for an Hausa/Fulani to speak carelessly as if he was raised an Iboman.

But for now, until clarity is issued, let us assume he did say that. The following people should be blamed for the insult, not Kwankwaso.

Dignitaries at the event included Oyo state Governor Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi, represented by Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education Mrs. O. A. Makanjuola; Group Managing Director of Vitafoam Nigeria Plc. Mr. Taiwo Adeniyi; National President of GCI Old Boys Association Chief Abiodun Jolaoso; Principal of GCI, Rev. Oladele Olusola; Chairman, Sunshine Oil and Chemical Industries Limited Basorun Rotimi Obeisun; Chief Executive of Jogor Centre Femi Babalola, among others.

The microphone should have been snatched out of his hand and ordered out of there or in the least the dignitariesshould have stood up and exit the event and embarass him right there on spot.

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by tonychristopher: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2015
princemillla:
If truly kwankwanso said yoruba should shut up, then he is so foolish.

I wonder if Nigeria will experience any developments under these abokis. They are just too dumb for my liking. Jesss

Is it not your people that chanted APC yesterday and chanted sai buhari

It is too early for this lamentations

11 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by Mrbigman1(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2015
DelticStephEn:
a

A for ala.
Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by mbulela: 8:02am On Oct 26, 2015
Kwakwanso is a major reason why I have advocated for Nigerian politicians to be psychiatrically tested.
Every time the man talks, he speed crap out of his mouth.
This is a man that was governor for 8 years complaining about Fulani herdsmen education. How many of them did he educate in his time in power?
Why should people suffer for the lack of education of others?
Should a lack of education and the nomadic lifestyle of others be the reason for overlooking criminality?
He thought process of out politicians is only top notch when stealing is involved. Anything else, you will see the exceedingly flaw thought process in manifestation.

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by bigtt76(f): 8:03am On Oct 26, 2015
Sometimes people say things that make sense. At other times, they just make nonsense. Very rare you find them making both sense and nonsense at the same time.

Kwankwaso has made both sense and nonsense.

Yes the fulanis need to be educated - makes sense. We've seen several governments squandered scarce funds under nomadic education propagation to no avail. I'm sure Kwankwaso when he was governor tried his best.

Now the nonsense here is why has the northern elders, religious leaders not helped in educating their own using the usual style and means through which they've in the past and present used in brainwashing their masses into attacking non-indigenes and non-Muslims in the north?

I'm sure in the holy book there must be mentions of 'time to plant and time to harvest' why has this not sunk in on the fulanis when they deliberately destroy farmland with their cattle?

Surprisingly the northern elders find it more convenient to voice out when it's all about the fulanis as if they're being discriminated against but keep quiet about the real issue - Boko Haram.

Truth is Boko Haram has further helped stereotyped Islam, the Hausa and Fulanis as a religion and tribe respectively.

We have very good people from the above listed but their keep silent over issues pertaining to them is not the best.

1 Like

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by tonychristopher: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2015
superstar1:

Read in between the lines Oga

6 Likes

Re: People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION by porka: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2015
[size=13pt]Whose responsibility is it to give the Fulani education?

Kwakwanso was governor of Kano State for 8 years, how far did he go in giving the Fulani that needed education in his state?

What was primary school enrollment figure when he governed Kano State?

Are the Fulani the only uneducated people in Nigeria? Are they the only itinerant? Does the fact that they go on rampage all over 'Africa', killing and destroying people's property, mean they should not be challenged?

Kwakwanso should have at least apologized for the many atrocities - murders, kidnapping, farmland destruction etc. - of his kinsmen before threatening people in Ibadan and hanging his responsibility on others.

Is it the duty of the Yoruba to send the Fulani to school?

It is very unfortunate that the governor of Oyo State was represented at that occasion and no single reply was uttered to this utter arrogance of Rabiu Kwakwanso. [/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arrogance Cost Jonathan 2015 Election-sheriff / Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi / Saraki, Amosun, Oyegun And Ambode At Inauguration Ceremony Of Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.