Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. (48683 Views)

I Need Your Advice Before Dating This Girl / I Want To Start Drinking Because Of Girls. Any Advice Before I Start? / Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Caracta:

According to you, she is very respectful. I think that covers the age gap.

IMO, she is a good lady. Many would give anything to have a wife with those qualities even if she cannot write letter O with a bottle. Most importantly, she has to love you enough to see the future with you and agree to the changes.

Would she make you happy, proud and at peace even without good command of English and proper education (let's assume the approach failed)? If not, please marry a Professor.
hmm lipsrsealed
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Well,if you really want her to be yours,the 'four flaws' like you listed,can be worked on.
Good luck on that mission.

Iamthewatcher:
I met my fiancee some few yrs ago. I've agreed to marry her but there are factors I still want to give a final consideration before signing the dotted lines. These are:

1. She is not literate but willing to go to school. I never dreamt of marrying an illiterate when I, myself is a graduate. Her waec result is nothing to write home about. In fact she wasted her time in secondary school as far as I'm concerned and when I asked her why she was such an olodo, she quickly blamed those she lived with. She said because she was more or less a maid then, she hadn't much time for her studies and that's why she failed woefully. When I met her, her use of english was zero and I had to exert much effort to bring her to the level where she could converse freely with me at least in english. She retook her ssce and credited all subjects except math.

2. She's 2yrs and 3months older than me. Some argue that a woman will age first when older and that's the reason men go for younger women or at worst, their age mates.

3: She sometimes feel inferior to me cos' of my literacy and polished way of going about my stuff.

4. She has a fat tummy. This I perceived to be an upshot of her eating habit before I met her. Can you believe that it was when I started staying close to her that I discovered that she doesn't drink water after eating. Maybe she does that very much later. She was an expert in devouring meat with her friends and never exercised. I also had to teach her to drink water first thing in the morning before taking breakfast. I discovered that her mouth was always dry as a result of this disgusting lifestyle. If she wants to have a word with me in low tone, I do perceive some offensive odours from the mouth sometimes. All this are changing slowly now cos' a damage of so many years can't just be corrected overnight. I'm putting much effort into rearing her cos' she's a wife material.

There are one or two other drawbacks I won't like to go into now as the aforementioned factors are the ones that baffle me the most. I sometimes get so annoyed and start abusing her. But she also has her good sides that even attracted me to her which are:

1. She is well-mannered.
2. She can cook very well.
3. She is very hospitable.
4. She's very respectful.
5: She's pretty and fair.
6. She's a wife material.
7. She's reserved.

The crux here is that we are presently, not on the same page as far as being learned and refined is concerned and I want to marry someone who'll be very refined as well. Though we stay as friends but I feel she doesn't measure up.
So my people, if you were in my shoes, can you go ahead and marry her despite these bad sides??
Pls and pls, helpful comments will suffice.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ok you're confused....

Now, will u calm tha faxk down and set ur priorities straight on a scale af preference

You're an educated man according to ur post for gawd's holy sake!, decision making shouldn't be too hard for you I feel.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by princeonx: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Olboy since you've already outline the good and the bad why not enter factory and manufacture one yourself and simply add and remove the things wey you want and no want.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by bmos(m): 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
madgoat:
lipsrsealed kk

The man is just looking for gist. A man should know what is good for him.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by princeonx: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
pinceprinz:
Ok you're confused....

Now, will u clam tha faxk down and set ur priorities straight on a scale af preference

You're an educated man according to ur post for gawd's holy sake!, decision making shouldn't be too hard for you I feel.
shocked shocked see vex!!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
in the begining you say she is your fiancee then at the end you say you stay as friends?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
bmos:

The man is just looking for gist. A man should know what is good for him.

Its like ure right, na gist hin wan gist...

So, what's d latest news on Mourinho abeg ? cheesy
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by dacovajnr: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Why groom her when you aint sure about her..baami just go ahead and marry her so far you confessed that she's a wife material and even list the quality possessed..don't be discourage..keep doin your thang till you polish her up completely..you are very lucky...literate galz do show off..baami..if u no like her kindly introduce her to me... grin

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by LastSurvivor: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
My Dad once told me, marry a woman that respect u than a woman that loves u.

That is priceless gift she got there.

4 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by jomoh: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
ok tnk u bro

From the positives you wrote, and the negative that she sometimes feels inferior to you. Guy if you have the money send her to school and marry her immediately she starts school.

If this girl should get an education without you in her life, you will bite you finger in regret that you left her.

Just imagine combining education with the positive qualities you mentioned.

Last time I checked all the negatives you mentioned are trainable.

Lastly you might want to consider choosing the friends she rolls with. Make sure they're not local and they're not spoilt.

My token.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by mbills: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
ok tnk u bro

Bro. You have started it, just try to finish it and my happiness is that she is coping when teaching her.go ahead and marry her and I believe with time she will learn .after marriage, you can be attending this open university and I know that if she is serious, she will make it to the top
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op, You come off as overcritical and I sense you're verbally abusive and bossy.

The poor girl deserves better.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by 8unit(f): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
my guy I don't want a divorce on grounds of irreconcilable incompatibility. I want to take a final decision and get paired.

you're lucky. Those kinda village girls are always good in raising you children. They're very very very good in bed too and you're good to go. Marry her, those type of girls don't know anything about divorce, once you marry her, even death can never separate u Guys.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by macminista(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Simply put, you DONT LOVE this lady..if she is your "fiancee"like you said, you wouldn't be here saying all what not...my broda you think getting married to a lady with academic certificates or degrees that is at par with yours is criteria for successful marriage ? Hel No!!

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by NICOGRAVITY: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sir, I have been married for over 9 years, I have almost the same experience like you. I'm glad I married my wife, I can't do without her today.
Sir, you are a wise man, and I pray you get wiser by the day.
She has shown signs of learning, re-learning, and un-learning and being teachable by humbly accepting you to teach her, took your advice and retake her WAEC , and made all credits without Maths.
She has improved in her spoken English.
You have laboured and invested heavily on her.
One question is, is she worth it? Yes.
85% OF MEN WOULD WANT ALL THIS GREAT QUALITIES YOU LISTED IN THEIR WIFE.
Every beauty will fade, just create memories.
Remember, you can't always have it all.
You have struck a gold mine.
This is the kind of wife I have been praying for my younger brother.
Please, appreciate what you have. Your babe loves, honours, respects, and values you tremendously.
Her defects can be worked on.
Go ahead and marry her, you will never regret it.
She has the quality to keep and make a godly home.

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Caracta:

According to you, she is very respectful. I think that covers the age gap.

IMO, she is a good lady. Many would give anything to have a wife with those qualities even if she cannot write letter O with a bottle. Most importantly, she has to love you enough to see the future with you and agree to the changes.

Would she make you happy, proud and at peace even without good command of English and proper education (let's assume the approach failed)? If not, please marry a Professor.

Will you have a peace of mind if you married a professor?

You should if you can cope with her bad sides.

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Ijaya123: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
From experience here on nairaland, most of the people that will advice you haven't even gone through one tenth of your submission here. All those ladies professing solutions wouldn't even attempt any of what they are advising you here. Please seek advice with some elderly people who are still successfully married. Best of luck.

2 Likes

"grin" LoL! wink
Op, Please Marry Her before Cutehector finds A Way to steal her from You...undecided
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
princeonx:
shocked shocked see vex!!
grin I'm not a too happie boy lol.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by passionate88: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Big tummy?, that's gross angry angry lipsrsealed Nigerian girls with big tummy is like 5 nd 6
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Cutehector(m): 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Estharfabian:
"grin" LoL! wink

Op, Please Marry Her before Cutehector finds A Way to steal her from You...undecided
just like d way I stole ur heart grin
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Acidosis(m): 11:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Let her go.

That lady deserves no insult from you.

Learn from President Goodluck Jonathan.

Even when people insult your spouse, you're to stand by her not pull her down. She's your spouse, not your puppet. Do not make her feel inferior. Again, learn from Patience Jonathan (Mrs).

I'm very sure you'd give up everything to work for a rich illiterate lady. You wouldn't mind to work for a boss lady who cannot write and read fluently. Why? Because of MONEY.

There is no one on earth without flaws.

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by cbrass(m): 11:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
u started ds advice on a decisive note and concluded on an emotional note.

Bro leave flyca alone she tried her best and i reason with her , you are determined to hang your dog so any rope will do. All i just see here is you want us to give you the green light to stop the relationship

3 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by princeonx: 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
pinceprinz:

grin I'm not a too happie boy lol.
You no.need to tell me bro grin
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by kechywillz(m): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op,u seem to be someone who gets provoked by a slightest pinch from wat i ascertained from ur post. Why now tryna change ur mind when ur lady has agreed to go to school,u'v already polished her a little bit,why do u wana let those times and efforts spent on her go just dat way,she's got wat a man needs in a woman,dont let go,continue with the reformation.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by canalily(m): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
See plenty viewers still awake!grin me am typing in the dream cos am sleepingwink with one eyes open! Bros marry ur sweet wife jare!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by jaydee87(m): 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
haha, easy nah. Shaa, I'll take that as a go-ahead to marry her...lol
bro go ahead and marry her if u can live with her...
formal education has nothing to do with marriage for me.. what matters for me is compatibility and understanding..
but I will be happy if u fit tell us ur bad side too... lol so we go fit check and balance
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
RobinHez:
Marriage neva hungry u reach undecided
you mean you are totally okay with him marrying an illiterate as a graduate?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
You just a confused man, did u love and promise to marry her wen she re took her waec? Abi wen u saw she finally learnt to drink water in the morning m u wer attracted to this lady knowing all of her flaws , so why do they bother you now? Guy u never ready to marry o
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
princeonx:

You no.need to tell me bro grin

My Dad will tell me, just try to write one true sentence, just one true sentence and all your troubles will have to vanish forever like yesterday cheesy . So, aint doing it for U tongue
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by superior1: 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
@Iamthewatcher, read at @toksbisola's post. If she were my Sister, she wont be marrying you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Do You See In This Picture / MY EXPERIENCE With Women After I Travelled / Different Types Of Ladies On The First Date. - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.