Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. (48661 Views)

I Need Your Advice Before Dating This Girl / I Want To Start Drinking Because Of Girls. Any Advice Before I Start? / Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
1.She is well-mannered.
2. She can cook very well.
3. She is very hospitable.
4. She's very respectful.
5: She's pretty and fair.
6. She's a wife material.
7. She's reserved.
I see just Two points here...undecided All the points You stated Are the infamous "Wife material" ish...lemme be Honest! undecided

..Trust me...i Really don't think U should marry her...You clearly stated she has A pOt-bELLY!! *Who says that?* u Obviously do not find her that Attractive...

i just see no CHEMISTRY between u guys...You're from 2 different worlds...I'm 301% sure You'd end up CHEATING...."grin"

Trust me...when she gets a child or two...that BIG tummy U mentioned Would turn into a Trampoline... tongue cry

PS...Ahm nuh An Enemy of progress trust Me....I just love calling a spade a spade...lipsrsealed saying the nude truth! wink

4 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
This doesn't work for every union,my dear. It's till death do you part so,choose carefully. Never marry out of consideration or pity.

69MissedCalls:
don't throw away a shoe because it is dusty. polish it.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by shollyboy2: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Guy i am sorry to say... you're silly.... with all the English Linda ikeji sabi.. she never marry... you got yourself a wife material, yet you're judging her that she's an illetrate... who has English helped? Ask them Gen Nnaji and linda Ikeji dem go tell you.... I wish its possible you just pass me the lady.. i will marry her Asap after few months of dating/courting.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
undecided I'm sure you were really proud typing this.
Welcome to Nigeria where every man is indeed a 'husband material' and in their reasoning,there are just few wife materials. Interesting!
Thank God there are men who are not so archaic to believe that a wife is 'a glorified house help' or that every woman who is not married is cursed or really disturbed about it.
I guess the catholic nuns should kill themselves. Mtchewww

shollyboy2:
Guy i am sorry to say... you're silly.... with all the English Linda ikeji sabi.. she never marry... you got yourself a wife material, yet you're judging her that she's an illetrate... who has English helped? Ask them Gen Nnaji and linda Ikeji dem go tell you.... I wish its possible you just pass me the lady.. i will marry her Asap after few months of dating/courting.

3 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Rexeffiom(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Some guys sha.... When you two were busy changing styles in bed, you didn't tell us
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by sunkieisland(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Just seeing this

As long as you keep seeing drawbacks and all the negative things, you can never be effective in your quest to bring out the best in her.

Action points

Appreciate all d wonderful qualities she's got.
From time to time, recognise and encourage her attempts to improve the quality of her personality.

Refuse to see occasional setbacks. Keep your mind on the kind of person you want her to be and don't change you mind unless you're no longer interested in marrying her.

Most importantly, listen to the voice of ur spirit. You goal is a happy marriage, your spirit can guide you (if your spirit is trained) and you're good to go
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by idu1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
I'm far from perfect but the imbalance is just too obvious. But for d wifely and motherly qualities I saw in her, I would have concluded her case a long time ago but I'm still holding on patiently. honestly dear, I abhor d use of abusive words for anybody not to talk of her. It only happens when d heat becomes overpowering and it seems to me the task of brushing her up is becoming so uphill. I honestly don't think I want to let her go but just d lil confusion in my head pushed me into bringing ds issue here to get it thrashed once and for all with the help of great and experienced minds in this forum.
I pray God should not give you what you are looking for.

Looool....

If u come get lady wey polish for everything wey you like and no come sabi cook, dey disrespect you and your family. Na there no say this world na two....

No vex for pigin wey i write o na me and the lady dey d same level.....

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
Estharfabian:

I see just Two points here...undecided All the points You stated Are the infamous "Wife material" ish..

..Trust me...i Really don't think U should marry her...You clearly stated she has A pOt-bELLY!! *Who says that?* u Obviously do not did her that Attractive...i just see no CHEMISTRY between u guys...You're from 2 different worlds...I'm 101% sure You'd end up CHEATING...."grin"

Trust me...when she gets a child or two...that BIG tummy U mentioned Would turn into a Trampoline...: P cry

cheesy I understand ure trying to get a man to marry, tthat doesn't mean u must spoil anoda woman's market nah abi? U needint b wickid esthar!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
madgoat:
lipsrsealed kk
Ommor see moniker

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
I met my fiancee some few yrs ago. I've agreed to marry her but there are factors I still want to give a final consideration before signing the dotted lines. These are:

1. She is not literate but willing to go to school. I never dreamt of marrying an illiterate when I, myself is a graduate. Her waec result is nothing to write home about. In fact she wasted her time in secondary school as far as I'm concerned and when I asked her why she was such an olodo, she quickly blamed those she lived with. She said because she was more or less a maid then, she hadn't much time for her studies and that's why she failed woefully. When I met her, her use of english was zero and I had to exert much effort to bring her to the level where she could converse freely with me at least in english. She retook her ssce and credited all subjects except math.

2. She's 2yrs and 3months older than me. Some argue that a woman will age first when older and that's the reason men go for younger women or at worst, their age mates.

3: She sometimes feel inferior to me cos' of my literacy and polished way of going about my stuff.

4. She has a fat tummy. This I perceived to be an upshot of her eating habit before I met her. Can you believe that it was when I started staying close to her that I discovered that she doesn't drink water after eating. Maybe she does that very much later. She was an expert in devouring meat with her friends and never exercised. I also had to teach her to drink water first thing in the morning before taking breakfast. I discovered that her mouth was always dry as a result of this disgusting lifestyle. If she wants to have a word with me in low tone, I do perceive some offensive odours from the mouth sometimes. All this are changing slowly now cos' a damage of so many years can't just be corrected overnight. I'm putting much effort into rearing her cos' she's a wife material.

There are one or two other drawbacks I won't like to go into now as the aforementioned factors are the ones that baffle me the most. I sometimes get so annoyed and start abusing her. But she also has her good sides that even attracted me to her which are:

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

The crux here is that we are presently, not on the same page as far as being learned and refined is concerned and I want to marry someone who'll be very refined as well. Though we stay as friends but I feel she doesn't measure up.
So my people, if you were in my shoes, can you go ahead and marry her despite these bad sides??
Pls and pls, helpful comments will suffice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

You've already said it severally that she's a wife material. Wonder why you're now asking us? 0_o

Anyway it's clear you're not satisfied but you're looking to overlook and manage.
Honestly it's usually a two way thing. She might study and become literate enough later or even successful in a business or she might get worse and out of hand later. So, measure good and bad and the result should determine if you'd marry her or not.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by llaykorn: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
you mean you are totally okay with him marrying an illiterate as a graduate?

Lol. The woman is not illiterate na. He claims that she cleared all her papers expect for mathematics. Illiterate dey write W.A.E.C? grin

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Cutehector:
just like d way I stole ur heart grin
cry embarassed Exactly
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
pinceprinz:

cheesy I understand ure trying to get a man to marry, tthat doesn't mean u must spoil anoda woman's market nah abi? U needint b wickid esthar!

I get slightly disgusted when guys think or believe every girl's dream is marriage. Smh!

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by gram: 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Your situation is not that complex.

One of the most difficult situations you can put yourself in, is to unsucessfully try to change your spouse, especially if she's a grown up adult. First, be sure you can live with her like that, then try to polish her. If she does not measure up, decide wether you can still marry her like that and close eye.

My friend, if eventually you can't close your eyes to the negatives, you are in for a long ride.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
pinceprinz:

LoL! "grin" Nah! embarassed

I'm not thinking of marriage...even for the next 7years...cry

LoL! Buh seriously...I'm just saying...he clearly doesn't find her attractive..He needs a wife...Not a Manageable House-help chef... wink sad it hurts buh its the truth...cry

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
evegran:

I get slightly disgusted when guys think or believe every girl's dream is marriage. Smh!
do You drink coke? diet soda?

Girl, you need one! smiley "grin" guys think OUR world revolves around "MRS"....which gives me this Repugnant feeling...undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Flexskillz(m): 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
My brother marry someone for who they are not for who you want them to be. Truth is there are some things about her that just wouldn't change that you will have to live with! Are you ready to walk down that road? And it's a pretty long road I must tell you. Think well o!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
evegran:

That this notion disgusts you is non af my biznis honey, so, leh me hear word grin
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by informant1: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ok
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by cbrass(m): 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
peppyluv02:
undecided I'm sure you were really proud typing this.
Welcome to Nigeria where every man is indeed a 'husband material' and in their reasoning,there are just few wife materials. Interesting!
Thank God there are men who are not so archaic to believe that a wife is 'a glorified house help' or that every woman who is not married is cursed or really disturbed about it.
I guess the catholic nuns should kill themselves. Mtchewww

Are you married?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
Estharfabian:
do You drink coke? diet soda?

Girl, you need one! smiley "grin" guys think OUR world revolves around "MRS"....which gives me this Repugnant feeling...undecided

That's the bitter pill you'll have to swallow tho... You'll understand these things better when you're inside marriage proper grin

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
I met my fiancee some few yrs ago. I've agreed to marry her but there are factors I still want to give a final consideration before signing the dotted lines. These are:

1. She is not literate but willing to go to school. I never dreamt of marrying an illiterate when I, myself is a graduate. Her waec result is nothing to write home about. In fact she wasted her time in secondary school as far as I'm concerned and when I asked her why she was such an olodo, she quickly blamed those she lived with. She said because she was more or less a maid then, she hadn't much time for her studies and that's why she failed woefully. When I met her, her use of english was zero and I had to exert much effort to bring her to the level where she could converse freely with me at least in english. She retook her ssce and credited all subjects except math.

2. She's 2yrs and 3months older than me. Some argue that a woman will age first when older and that's the reason men go for younger women or at worst, their age mates.

3: She sometimes feel inferior to me cos' of my literacy and polished way of going about my stuff.

4. She has a fat tummy. This I perceived to be an upshot of her eating habit before I met her. Can you believe that it was when I started staying close to her that I discovered that she doesn't drink water after eating. Maybe she does that very much later. She was an expert in devouring meat with her friends and never exercised. I also had to teach her to drink water first thing in the morning before taking breakfast. I discovered that her mouth was always dry as a result of this disgusting lifestyle. If she wants to have a word with me in low tone, I do perceive some offensive odours from the mouth sometimes. All this are changing slowly now cos' a damage of so many years can't just be corrected overnight. I'm putting much effort into rearing her cos' she's a wife material.

There are one or two other drawbacks I won't like to go into now as the aforementioned factors are the ones that baffle me the most. I sometimes get so annoyed and start abusing her. But she also has her good sides that even attracted me to her which are:

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

The crux here is that we are presently, not on the same page as far as being learned and refined is concerned and I want to marry someone who'll be very refined as well. Though we stay as friends but I feel she doesn't measure up.
So my people, if you were in my shoes, can you go ahead and marry her despite these bad sides??
Pls and pls, helpful comments will suffice.

Cc: Lalasticlala
GUY! Who you won decieve undecided

We know say you don sex her finish come dey find way to throwaway her, after in life she go come dey damage guys heart.

And all this reason you make are very very very childish and STVPID, angry

Did you even know the meaning of illiterate self? undecided

What of we who are looking for this qualities she have but couldn't see?

God will punish you for what you have already done to her. We know you just want to make excuses for dumping her.

Fowl!!

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Tzkayria21: 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Bros,it's asif u are looking for the perfect woman which u will never find. If her bad attitudes are things like she is rude,nasty etc it's a different ballgame altogether. The best thing to do is to seek the face of the Lord, he would guide and lead u. Another thing is, follow ur heart. You know what u want. Nobody can choose or decide ur future for u. Good luck.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Akhere1: 11:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
My new friend you complement this girl with all this below

1. She is well-mannered.
7. She's reserved.

what education do you want from her again, my friend if you love to marry her go ahead and do your married
This is what we all need from woman
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoL! "grin" Nah! embarassed

I'm not thinking of marriage...even for the next 7years...cry

LoL! Buh seriously...I'm just saying...he clearly doesn't find her attractive..He needs a wife...Not a Manageable House-help chef... wink sad it hurts buh its the truth...cry

So, the thread you created was just a work af fiction? shocked shocked. U Made a foolery af me wv dat I think I'm going back there to withdraw my comment grin
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
pinceprinz:

That's the bitter pill you'll have to swallow tho... You'll understand these things better when you're inside marriage proper grin
Gerrarahia..."grin"

inside marriage?? undecided is that A Fancy word for "jail"?? wink
Nah! thanks...buh no thanks! "grin"
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
pinceprinz:

So, the thread you created was just a work af fiction? shocked shocked. U Made a foolery af me wv dat I think I'm going back there to withdraw my comment grin
"grin" LoL! I created A Thread?? what thread?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Kennitrust(m): 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
as a mature man u should know ur taste and go for it.
although everyone needs advice on marriage issue, u should know more better wat u re expecting to go through as the pains and the gains will only be urs.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by cbrass(m): 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
evegran:

Is that you in the dp?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Kennitrust(m): 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
Estharfabian:
"grin" LoL! I created A Thread?? what thread?
u no dey sleep?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by cbrass(m): 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
sonofananimal:
GUY! Who you won decieve undecided

We know say you don sex her finish come dey find way to throwaway her, after in life she go come dey damage guys heart.

And all this reason you make are very very very childish and STVPID, angry

Did you even know the meaning of illiterate self? undecided

What of we who are looking for this qualities she have but couldn't see?

God will punish you for what you have already done to her. We know you just want to make excuses for dumping her.

Fowl!!

How sure are you that he had sexl with her undecided
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Just wait, Amadioha will give you an answer.
cbrass:

Are you married?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jilted Girl Curses Ex Boyfriend On The Occasion Of His Wedding.(photo) / How To Love An Igbo Man / 1997 Vs 2018 Photos Of Kenyan Childhood Friends Who Became Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.