Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. (48667 Views)

I Need Your Advice Before Dating This Girl / I Want To Start Drinking Because Of Girls. Any Advice Before I Start? / Truckpusher Proposes To A Fellow Nairalander 'caracta' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 03, 2015
pinceprinz:

That this notion disgusts you is non af my biznis honey, so, leh me hear word grin

I don't remember using stones to block your ears, so please hear all you can. Especially the languages you don't even understand. Kmt!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 03, 2015
cbrass:

Is that you in the dp?

It's my ghost.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by baby124: 1:11am On Nov 03, 2015
Lmaooo. This OP has a very bad mouth and sounds gay. OP are you a gay man hiding undercover with this woman or do you have a small pee pee. Only men in the categories above look for human beings to change, mould and insult. I am very sure you are already beating her up. That story you are telling about abusing her is a lie. You have been doing worse. It is only a human being that hates themselves that will find someone who can constantly make them feel better about themselves. Op, you have many terrible flaws and I have picked up on them. You are insulting, have very low self esteem, are not confident and feel like you should punish someone else. You are abusive and have a god complex. I wonder why a woman who doesn't have a voice and cannot defend herself or speak for herself will be attractive to any man. You probably cannot pull these refined ladies. So you went to manufacture your own, now the whole thing has backfired. How market? This girl is probably taking this sh+it because she has not yet gotten what she needs. By the time she does, if you say one, you will hear 20 gbosa. You are a very foo*lish and childish guy. She better run away from you, otherwise her life will be hell. She is a human being like you, she does not need to be disrespected and insulted, or to worship another human being like herself. Na condition make crayfish bend. If she was refined, will you have the liver to do this? Every time you act mad, she probably thinks of her humble beginning and calm down hoping for a better future. You know this, and you are exploiting it. God will punish you severely if you take her through this hell you are planning.

Let me even find out sef, this woman you are rearing. After rearing her to suit your taste. Will she be a woman that would have grown in the right psychological frame of mine to take care of your family, if God forbids you meet an untimely death. Or are you rearing her to go and rely on another man to make life decisions for her? What will such a woman who has no say in what she wants to do with her life end up doing? You even chose her course of study, what if she ends up hating nursing? You cannot rear any human being, you can only help them become a better version of themselves. Please let her be able to make decisions concerning her life and be able to strategize as a home maker. You will be setting yourself up to be a better man, and in your absence she will do fine. Otherwise na your girl children go marry men like you, who will insult, degrade and disrespect them. You better caution yourself because you have passed becareful. You want to be a family man and act like an infant.

5 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by otokx(m): 1:11am On Nov 03, 2015
Looks like a ticking time bomb to me.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

I don't remember using stones to block your ears, so please hear all you can. Especially the languages you don't even understand. Kmt!

Duh tongue
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

Seriously!
And it tells you the kinda mentality these so called guys have.

Mumu! She was telling u to go n choke on tha chill pill.... No difference btwn u and op's gf yuck! cheesy
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by bigdot1759(m): 1:26am On Nov 03, 2015
U only make mentioned of her side effects & never tell use ur it's beta to marry responsible woman dan a graduate dat will keep telling u she also earn salary as well
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by anonimi: 1:44am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
my guy I don't want a divorce on grounds of irreconcilable incompatibility. I want to take a final decision and get paired.

Love is blind (to all the faults) but marriage will open your eyes!

You have no guarantee that she will CONTINUE the "reform" she is undergoing AFTER she is married to you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by lastpage: 1:58am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:

The crux here is that we are presently, not on the same page as far as being learned and refined is concerned and I want to marry someone who'll be very refined as well. Though we stay as friends but I feel she doesn't measure up.
So my people, if you were in my shoes, can you go ahead and marry her despite these bad sides??
Pls and pls, helpful comments will suffice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

Gerrout of here with your silliness Please.
You already knew you are not going to marry her ...rightly so!

Why then do you have to disturb our "peace" here with your silly questions ir are we supposed to be your Daddy?

We wont rubber-stamp your heart desires for you, its your decision and your problem

Lastpage!
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Divepen1(m): 2:04am On Nov 03, 2015
hhhmmm
hhmmm
Download my book for free at
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172#
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by ArabianPrince: 2:09am On Nov 03, 2015
The topic should have been.. "My gf has sacrificed her literacy for decency..... Discuss"

Op for you to have all those set of draw backs....implies that you need to let her move on. You don't deserve her. Am sure if she is opportune to do same, she will have a catalogue of excuses to give about your person as well. ....Shame really.

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by peterjero(m): 2:46am On Nov 03, 2015
RobinHez:

Its what u guys were supposed to be doing during courtship period na undecided

Anyways..put marriage on hold first, and map out a plan to make her who u want her to be...

Be ready to court her for anoda lengthy period cheesy
That won't be easy Bro, consider the op said she older than him - meaning the earlier the marriage the better because she need to born quick. And what I suggest let her get adult class do many trainings as possibly with these it won't affect the relationship like university or polytechnic would.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by texmi2u(m): 2:46am On Nov 03, 2015
Your complaint about her is too much... Yet you are not perfect. Try to complete her imperfection so you both can make a great couple. At least you know she's a wife material which is the main thing.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by esteemman(m): 2:58am On Nov 03, 2015
Guy... That's not really a bad side... Go ahead and marry her... The so called literate once you see are the respectful?.. Being literAte isn't what you are born with.. You can train her so long she is willing and able... Big tommy can be controlled...
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by fikolo: 2:59am On Nov 03, 2015
@ OP, marry her if she has the wife qualities. Don't forget our dear Mama P! of GEJ grin
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Classicman47(m): 3:02am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
you've got a point that's also part of d reason I put up ds piece. She's picking up slowly on d use of english but she just need a thorough education even as I'll like her to be a nurse. D ish is dt I'm caught up in between d merits and d demerits. Tnx all the same for ur humble contribution.

That contribution is not only humble; it is thorough. And I want you to ruminate on it.

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by sukkot: 3:22am On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

I get slightly disgusted when guys think or believe every girl's dream is marriage. Smh!
what is your dream then ? to be 50 year old and drinking 8 gulder in ini edos club by yourself ? shocked grin

JUS KIDDIN

AND FOLKS PLEASE DO NOT CORRECT MY ENGLISH, IT IS DONE ON PURPOSE. IT IS BORING WRITING PROPER
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nyceguy92: 3:24am On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=Iamthewatcher post=39563201]

I presume your story is true.
What manner of wife are you looking for?
The reason for her poor performance in previous exam has been explained.
And she has credited her papers this time .
I think you are undecided between "polished" and "unpolished".
Since she is ready to go to school, she can become polished during or after school.
The age difference is insignificant.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Sgtkoselupa: 3:31am On Nov 03, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by sukkot: 3:41am On Nov 03, 2015
greggng:

Bros you don't ve problem at all infact u are blessed. Come and see my nebor with a well educated woman na inside car some guys dey Bleep the wife. She begged me twice not to tell the husband. Forget age differences train her to be wat u want and u will be her God forever. Apart from her education , if she knows how to cook and satisfies u in bed then you re blessed
really ? thats what you marry for ? cooking and sex ? really ?

as for the OP, you stayed with a 'local' girl for this long and now its a problem all of a sudden ? i mean, your standards were not ' high ' to start with so why change your standards now ? if your standards was high to begin with you would not have even dated her in the first place right ? so why change your standards when you are already in the relationship ? sounds like you need someone to give you the go-ahead to dump her. thats why you opened this thread

1 Like

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Infoay: 4:19am On Nov 03, 2015
Though your decision to marry her could be very expensive but it's affordable if you heartily chose to give it what it takes and decide against all odds to be responsible for the outcome.She is certainly a wify material with respect to the qualities listed by you... Though I have a clause with the age difference.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Originalsly: 4:21am On Nov 03, 2015
"I'm putting much effort into rearing her"........huh? ..I'm speechless.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Bosch10(m): 4:23am On Nov 03, 2015
@ op abeg no marry am o,na my future wife you wan go marry so.
but seriously,she has the qualities that i cherish so much in a lady.To say na me i go marry her and everything that concerns her.my two pence tho
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Iamthewatcher:
you've got a point that's also part of d reason I put up ds piece. She's picking up slowly on d use of english but she just need a thorough education even as I'll like her to be a nurse. D ish is dt I'm caught up in between d merits and d demerits. Tnx all the same for ur humble contribution.

Nobody, all I can say is, if you are sure, I repeat if you are sure! That she loves you with her heart, and she is beautiful, my brother carry go, brush am up, instead of you to buy a new ansriod because of 5.0, just upgrade your old one, it will save you lots of bucks, used this to relate to your situation. Hope you got the message, Nothing in life comes easy. Good luck brother.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by Lucasbalo(m): 4:39am On Nov 03, 2015
flyca:
OP, you sound like you are perfect yourself. Do you honestly think this lady likes everything about you?

My point is: she doesn't rub your flaws on your face. If you have to always rub hers on her face as you said, "abusing her", pls let her go. She deserves better.
My man, you nailed it.
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by damola1: 4:51am On Nov 03, 2015
My opinion.

Do not be afraid to say, someone else is not out there for you to meet your standard.

Marriage is a negotiation. There are certain things that'll irritate you on a daily basis, the question is if you those things are the negotiable ones?... if they are non negotiation, don't dull... cos, it'll make you have dis taste for the person.

But if what is bad is negotiable by your personality, then no wahala. Do not judge based on others. Some people like to drink, some don't... some people like to womanize, some don't... some people will use their last kobo to travel to see the world.. some don't.. there's no wisdom in life.. what you like is what you like... you can manage it, but it's still what you like.. what you don't like, is what you don't like...I know someone who like big bwest girls.. and so, that is his taste.. if he marry a small bwest girls, what you think will happen? but if you bring the matter here, people that don't mind if it's big or small bwest will start to shout... o.. don't worry, manage it... look at the other aspect.. etc

And don't say you invest so and so, life is not about your past, always about your future. It will be a long and hard road, but if you are not comfortable, best to start the long and hard road early....

As I grow up. I have also come to realise that, women primarily are there for the comfort of life.... the more comfort you provide, the more they ' love ' you... the less you provide,.... the less they love you... but once they become a part of your life... then you've to work very hard to make them comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by anochuko01(m): 4:56am On Nov 03, 2015
SunstarS:
i smell lies

Show some love nd download my first single ... A cover of jeson derulo talk dirty.... http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d95e2f79
your nose don get fault o
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by anochuko01(m): 4:58am On Nov 03, 2015
LastSurvivor:
My Dad once told me, marry a woman that respect u than a woman that loves u.

That is priceless gift she got there.
did your dad give you reasons for this statement
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by RobinHez(m): 5:02am On Nov 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
you mean you are totally okay with him marrying an illiterate as a graduate?

Why is he just realizing she's an illiterate?

I mean..what is the meaning of 'courting' .?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by summerflame(m): 5:02am On Nov 03, 2015
don't expect something reasonable from him, can't u see his monicker?
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by BerryScott(f): 5:02am On Nov 03, 2015
i'll have to plead with you DONT EVEN THINK OF MARRYING HER. you do not deserve her in any ramification. just from your write up only, i can deduce alot of flaws in you which is needless to mention.
you havent even married her yet u even raise your voice @ her because you feel she doesnt measure up.
i really laugh at your carelessness, mind you she might be uneducated and all worth not but she still a lady and trust me when she is fed up with this your god complex, 'oyo' is thy case.
this is the same case with a man that has unrefined gold.....well you know the rest

its not always about who is right for us, have we really thought about if we are right for them
Re: A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. by josite: 5:02am On Nov 03, 2015
don't marry her.u will start resenting her very soon and so ashamed to introduce her around as your wife and this will cause more trouble for u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Largest Natural Breasts On Earth- Pictures / MY EXPERIENCE With Women After I Travelled / Different Types Of Ladies On The First Date. - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.