Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice (30678 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
Onegai:
And divorce is not the worst thing that can happen to a marriage. There are so many cheating wives out there, if I were a man, I would be too busy close-marking my wife to cheat. Theirs is worse because the deceit is so clever, you can never catch them. The one that sends out monthly "Happy new month IJN" messages, who told the other man "is it because I just had a baby that you don't want to sleep with me? " She didn't even say "is it because I'm married", her husband was of no importance to her. Yet she's a strong church attender. Or the other who registered her kids for after-school swimming and lessons (that Ikoyi club, the number of affairs going on there eh, Sodom and Gomorrah). Or the lady who confessed to be sleeping with her ex, her husband didn't know she had another SIM card to communicate.

we know all these - married women in nigeria cheat more. most of them didn't marry the men they love anyways. so there's always a tendency for them to stray. the both deserve each other.

A woman divorcing you is a woman tired of you. Infact that's the easier option. Fear the woman who stays with you and says nothing when she knows you're a philandering idiot. Those women told me as a child "property in your name, and there are ways to help a man have a heart attack quicker, because Nigeria is so stressful". undecided

mcheewww!
so this is supposed to scare the average nigerian man? he's not scared of malaria carrying mosquitoes, drunk drivers, ebola virus, armed robbers, trigger-happy policemen, etc.....he should be scared of a quiet woman that stays with him?

you belong to comedy central! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
daretodiffer:

No, however it is in Nigeria that a woman must put up with her man's philandering. It is his birthright afterallundecided but if it were the other way roundshocked

If you noticed on this thread, I am the most vehement divorce supporter and I have even offered her real option like a website she can do the divorce

I want her to divorce to save herself from commiting other crimes like assault or even murder. If she feels she deserves better then she should leave the marriage.

There are a million men out there waiting for her. Or she can even live alone.

I am against reconciliation sef. Because every single day she might hang it over the husband. If the husband sneeze she would remind him of his cheating, if he snores he would be reminded.

It might be better for both of them to separate.

So you see. No one has asked that she MUST put up with it. She should divorce immediately
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

If you noticed on this thread, I am the most vehement divorce supporter and I have even offered her real option like a website she can do the divorce

I want her to divorce to save herself from commiting other crimes like assault or even murder. If she feels she deserves better then she should leave the marriage.

There are a million men out there waiting for her. Or she can even live alone.

I am against reconciliation sef. Because every single day she might hang it over the husband. If the husband sneeze she would remind him of his cheating, if he snores he would be reminded.

It might be better for both of them to separate.

So you see. No one has asked that she MUST put up with it. She should divorce immediately

undecided
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by KanwuliaJara: 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Kimoni:

You have been calling MTN too much oo but you are tooooo unique, no one can even try

Amen!!!!! grin
They af taya to try o. grin
Anytime I call any Nigerian number, na the "jingle" wey I dey hia be dat o. cheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by AyeeIdris(f): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
daretodiffer:

It happened in the divorce case of Dr Tunde Soleye and his exwife( after his marriage to Nike Oshinowo). I don't know much about the ratio of the courtcheesy

Don't mind them. I was one of the counsel for Mrs Soleye then. She asked for 75 million, got 25million and properties in London. She got one million from Nike. So you men can keep deceiving yourselves. Go to courts today. Women are fighting for huge payday.another one we were handling, the guy was paying her lawyer fees of about 2 million even as she was suing for half hus properties.

If you don't pay, its not hard. Unless you don't want to live/return to naija again, the courts have ways of enforcing judgements

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by babygirlfl: 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

Don't mind them. I was one of the counsel for Mrs Soleye then. She asked for 75 million, got 25million and properties in London. She got one million from Nike. So you men can keep deceiving yourselves. Go to courts today. Women are fighting for huge payday.another one we were handling, the guy was paying her lawyer fees of about 2 million even as she was suing for half hus properties.

If you don't pay, its not hard. Unless you don't want to live/return to naija again, the courts have ways of enforcing judgements

Thank you for this. Our women have been disadvantaged by either not knowing their right or not using the power of the court. That's why men would call for the head of any woman who dares creates awareness for women to know their right. The problem with our women is that most of them would rather go for settlement in places where they are disadvantaged. A woman going to the elders of the family for settlement or one going to church for settlement is not going to get her part of the property or financial settlement. The elders would most probably rule in favour of the man while the church would not support her in even suing the husband. At the end, she is left with nothing. More women needs to stop playing victim, take responsibility and sue that husband to court. It would be nice if any lawyer who knows her/his onion could open a blog where women are made aware of their rights and what legal processes they can take.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

Leaving Nigeria is the highest risk? Not too hard to do if it's either that or paying up. Haven't you heard of men codedly transferring money to Ghana at the slightest hint of an ending marriage? Dr. Soleye was just being magnanimous is all and stewpid, especially as he was old money.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

Would you mind working for the OP? She needs to get out of this marriage immediately. I wouldnt want her to be subjected to the "archaic antiwomen" customs and culture of Nigeria. We dont want one more biter woman in this country. Lets get the divorce going so the two parties can live happy

OP this an a divorce attorney you have been looking for

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

be deceiving yourself.
dr tunde soleye & mrs funmi soleye built the fortunes together. it's only fair she was given a fraction of tunde soleye's assets. it's totally different from today's gold-digging nigerian women who are after made men & intended to reap where they didn't sow.

go & marry mike adenuga tonight....make sure you get evidence of his philandering ways and go to court with your evidence. let's see if the court would order him to pay you half of his assets you knew nothing about. you people just make me laugh mixing apples with oranges!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by pickabeau1: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

Is there any way u can provide links for one to read up on this case judgements

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
Timbuktou:

Leaving Nigeria is the highest risk? Not too hard to do if it's either that or paying up. Haven't you heard of men codedly transferring money to Ghana at the slightest hint of an ending marriage? Dr. Soleye was just being magnanimous is all and stewpid, especially as he was old money.

he's not being magnanimous, he did what was right. he genuinely maltreated his wife of 28 years. the pay out barely scratched his skin though. the doctor is utterly minted!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by TV01(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

Please forgive my ignorance of this case. I hate divorce - as all lovers of marirage do wink!

But please, are you saying Nike (was she not the mistress?) also had to make a court-mandated payout? In these days of "no-fault divorce" - not sure if that obtains in Nigeria - I quite like that, but am not sure how it could happen? Nail the covenant breakers and the accomplice smiley.

TV

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
TV01:

Please forgive my ignorance of this case. I hate divorce - as all lovers of marirage do wink!

But please, are you saying Nike (was she not the mistress?) also had to make a court-mandated payout? In these days of "no-fault divorce" - not sure if that obtains in Nigeria - I quite like that, but am not sure how it could happen? Nail the covenant breakers and the accomplice smiley.

TV

nike was a co-defendant in court.
when a male spouse is accused of adultery, the law mandates the plaintiff to join the adulteress as a respondent........and damages can be claimed if the adulteress is worth something tangible.

i can't remember if nike paid anything though. she asked N5m from nike but i doubt she got anything. i don comot for area to really follow up the case back then.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by TV01(m): 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

nike was a co-defendant in court.
when a male spouse is accused of adultery, the law mandates the plaintiff to join the adulteress as a respondent........and damaged can be claimed if the adulteress is worth something tangible.

i can't remember if nike paid anything though. she asked N5m from nike but i doubt she got anything. i don comot for area to really follow up the case back then.
I quite like that. Surely that can't happen where "no-fault" divorce is the law?

TV
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
TV01:

I quite like that. Surely that can't happen where "no-fault" divorce is the law?

TV

only the state of north carolina upholds such laws where a wife can sue the other woman for criminal conversation & she would pay damages if found guilty.

as per your question, i don't think it can happen when no-fault divorce is the law.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by nasha1(f): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

http://encomium.ng/tunde-soleyes-divorce-mess-gets-messier/
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by TV01(m): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

only the state of north carolina upholds such laws where a wife can sue the other woman for criminal conversation & she would pay damages if found guilty.

as per your question, i don't think it can happen when no-fault divorce is the law.
Daa.y.uum...Nigerian law is so advanced grin. Who was it whingeing about the Nigerian constitution discriminating earlier? If the applied this in the West, the divorce rate would shoot right down.

Almost 80% - depending on who you listen to - of divorces are initiated by women, many of them frivolously. If they knew they wouldn't be rewarded and possibly lose their kids, they'd be incentivised to work on their marriages instead of de-frauding their hard-working husbands.

TV

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
cococandy:
This is a disgusting thread to say the least. undecided
Topic: Divorce Lawyers in D house, I need an advise.

Content: Argument that isn't related to OP's post covering the whole pages.
I am sure only one or two monikers here is a lawyer, if there's any.

*Walks out of thread* Buhari should act fast and God helps His people. grin

SIDE NOTE: When it comes to cheating, Nigerian men must be discussed since here's a Nigerian forum and we are all Nigerians.
FACT! No sugarcoating. wink

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
TV01:

Daa.y.uum...Nigerian law is so advanced grin. Who was it whingeing about the Nigerian constitution discriminating earlier? If the applied this in the West, the divorce rate would shoot right down.

don't mind them......
nigerian constitution ain't discriminating nada. that poor nigerian chief that got gangraped to death by his 6 wives just died for nothing. the 6 wives got slapped on the wrist!

the räpe charge didn't stick cos a woman cannot rape a man in nigeria. the only other charge they faced was manslaughter which was even difficult to prove cos marital sēx isn't illegal in this part of the world.

Almost 80% - depending on who you listen to - of divorces are initiated by women, many of them frivolously. If they knew they wouldn't be rewarded and possibly lose their kids, they'd be incentivised to work on their marriages instead of de-frauding their hard-working husbands.

TV

and the brain dead bimbos continue to deny female rights didn't spike divorce rate. if a woman knows there's no financial/material gain in divorce, she would work harder to keep her marriage. you find out that a lot of these women in the west had divorce plans worked out even before they walked the aisle!
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by AyeeIdris(f): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
TV01:

TV

The law allows you to join the party that your spouse is cheating with, to the suit. Nice right. The courts very rarely grants compensation against them though. It is very difficult to prove. This one was easy Cos they had done traditional marriage. we asked for 10 million sef. Court only granted one. My boss was a strong believer in Go big or go home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by AyeeIdris(f): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

I don't know if they are online, but they are public records. It will be in law journals by now. You can even get copies from the court house

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by TV01(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:
The law allows you to join the party that your spouse is cheating with, to the suit. Nice right. The courts very rarely grants compensation against them though. It is very difficult to prove. This one was easy Cos they had done traditional marriage. we asked for 10 million sef. Court only granted one. My boss was a strong believer in Go big or go home.
I like that the co-cheat is joined to the suit. Even if any actual monetary compensation is only a token, at least they are shamed - and rightly so.

I love shaming - slut-shaming, fat-shaming, divorce-shaming, bitter and frustrated single-shaming, single mother-shaming, pretend single-mother shaming, skirt-surfer shaming grin

If only they would add shunning join cool

TV
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by coogar: 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
TV01:

I like that the co-cheat is joined to the suit. Even if any actual monetary compensation is only a token, at least they are shamed - and rightly so.

I love shaming - slut-shaming, fat-shaming, divorce-shaming, bitter and frustrated single-shaming, single mother-shaming, pretend single-mother shaming, skirt-surfer shaming grin

If only they would add shunning join cool

TV

haha!
TV, be nice!
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:

I do appreciate the informationgrin. Is this the first time the court would be reaching this decision or has there been several case laws prior to this case?
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

don't mind them......
nigerian constitution ain't discriminating nada. that poor nigerian chief that got gangraped to death by his 6 wives just died for nothing. the 6 wives got slapped on the wrist!

the räpe charge didn't stick cos a woman cannot rape a man in nigeria. the only other charge they faced was manslaughter which was even difficult to prove cos marital sēx isn't illegal in this part of the world.

and the brain dead bimbos continue to deny female rights didn't spike divorce rate. if a woman knows there's no financial/material gain in divorce, she would work harder to keep her marriage. you find out that a lot of these women in the west had divorce plans worked out even before they walked the aisle!

If thees stupid men had a bit of common sense, they would work harder to save their marriages instead of jumping from one skirt to another knowing that it could wreck their marriagescheesy

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2015
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by AyeeIdris(f): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

be deceiving yourself.
dr tunde soleye & mrs funmi soleye built the fortunes together. it's only fair she was given a fraction of tunde soleye's assets. it's totally different from today's gold-digging nigerian women who are after made men & intended to reap where they didn't sow.

go & marry mike adenuga tonight....make sure you get evidence of his philandering ways and go to court with your evidence. let's see if the court would order him to pay you half of his assets you knew nothing about. you people just make me laugh mixing apples with oranges!

I agree with you to an extent. I remember one case between an elderly man and his youngest wife. Gbajabiamila.....I think. We had gotten the wife a nice settlement. The babe wanted the mansion. Ofcourse the court refused on grounds that it has been the family assets for over 40 years. She was so angry, she fired us as attorneys and went on appeal. My boss used to send one of us to go check on the case to know it's status. It was eventually thrown out.

I personally hate the whole American system that one small girl will marry you for a few months and seek to get half your fortune you have amassed over a lifetime.it is complete bakwas.

Note d law recognizes the contribution of the wife. Even if we didn't build up the Fortune together, she supported you by feeding, cleaning and general taking care of things. The law views it as if she had worked in the office with you. The more years the better.

The marriage act is very accommodating to the woman. But there is a lot of ignorance out there and the process can be tedious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
TV01:

TV

I won't use the word ‘many' however I do agree that some divorced are frivolouscheesy
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by AyeeIdris(f): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

Would you mind working for the OP? She needs to get out of this marriage immediately. I wouldnt want her to be subjected to the "archaic antiwomen" customs and culture of Nigeria. We dont want one more biter woman in this country. Lets get the divorce going so the two parties can live happy

OP this an a divorce attorney you have been looking for

I don't think the op is ripe for divorce. There is still room to fix things. I have seen and handled A LOT of STUPID STUPID cases. The juvenile reasons, the mudslinging, fighting over the children. Not a lifestyle I want to return to. Ever!

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by AyeeIdris(f): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2015
Timbuktou:

The guy tried to hide money. They always do but she has been his wife for years. She knew where the skeletons were buried.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
coogar:

he's not being magnanimous, he did what was right. he genuinely maltreated his wife of 28 years. the pay out barely scratched his skin though. the doctor is utterly minted!

Then he didn't need the court to mandate him to settle her. He had already messed up and should have corrected his fvck up discreetly.
Re: Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice by raumdeuter: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
AyeeIdris:
I don't think the op is ripe for divorce. There is still room to fix things. I have seen and handled A LOT of STUPID STUPID cases. The juvenile reasons, the mudslinging, fighting over the children. Not a lifestyle I want to return to. Ever!

Wont you be one of those that would end up being accused of "Stay married at all cost" and promoting archaic African culture

Cos It seems every Nigerian womans dream is to be divorced but the backward culture, Nigerian men and society are holding them back

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.