Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (59559 Views)

Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2015
CACAWA:

very dumb comment.

OP, kindly take note tat your bank has the right to corporate with law enforcement agencies when financial fraud investigation is ongoing.

However, the only reason they can take back any money from your account and pay to someone else without your consent are as follows:

1. He never requested for a transaction.
2. You never sent him the good/service.
3. You sent him the good/service and he has returned it.

If the bank has any proofs of the above, tell them to send it to you. If you have proofs against the above, send it to them.

Mind you, you must meet a lawyer to write to the bank, giving them 7 working days to respond or face the law. The bank has no right seizing your money if they cannot prove the above and it is up to you to sue them and claim serious damages.

Only a fool will consider this a helpless situation. Ignore those people saying your client has scammed you. As long as the money entered your account, the bank scammed you by returning it to him without your permission or a proof that you were a fraudster.
it's obvious you have pea nut in place of a brain, in your bid to comment you skimmed through the post, pls read well and don't quote me in your bid to display your stupidity.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2015
I wonder why someone/anyone would say UBA isn't at fault. It is their duty to protect their customers. I want to believe your bank statement shows steady in flow of similar transactions.

So, why should UBA restrict your account?
On what orders? 'just because a customer called and tagged your transaction fraudulent?
I thought a police report and court order is needed to restrict an account in cases like this? undecided
^^^ If the above is present, being proof of fraud_ you reserve the right to be put in the know.

Was the transaction (money) reversed or just restricted? angry

I guess you must be a very gentle man, don't be fooled_ that UBA did this doesn't make it the SOP. It's veryyy wrong and unacceptable.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by mandy4s: 9:54am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.

Except you are UBA promoter then i believe you read that story upside down. How is the OP painting UBA in bad light?? He is just telling us how hr has tried everything to resolve the matter which has robbed him of his business money, co-operating with all the requests of UBA and you are here talking just so that we will know you said something abi?

Personally UBA is the worst bank in Nigeria! Gawwwd how can one carry out transactions that need immediate alert for verification and receive alert 4 fvcking days after (that was my bitter experience and I almost lost the entire transaction down to their inefficiency)!!

@OP get a lawyer and sue the hell outta that bank after all there is enough proof you have been co-operating with the since to solve this issue but they are just being haughty and insensitive to your plight which has affected your business which is your source of livelihood. Lawyers go sabi speak the english beta pass. Sorry for your misery.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by 9jatatafo(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2015
menix:

How would he go about that, someone he never met..
Una go just they advise because u re not the one wearing the shoe..

I know of a Bureau de change that had similar issue, the bank had to initiate the investigation after placing a Lien on the account.
Sure they just blocked the OP's account without getting across to him because they feel he does not ve the financial muscle to fight back...

If he doesn't have the financial muscle to fight the bank or banks then how will he resolve this issue. I was thinking that using the gsm number of the person who bought the butcoin tô track him down would be easier.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by wiringdpt(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2015
The account was hacked sorry bro
gozaks:
To the Admin, Mods and Super Mods, please move this thread to front page. I need Nairalanders advice regarding this problem.

On Saturday, September 12th, 2015 at around 12 pm, a client with the registered name and email (Bluehill Investment - bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com) on my website called that he want to buy $832 worth of Bitcoin and he will make payment via Internet Banking, i accepted and told him to go ahead and make payment. 15 minutes later, i received an SMS and email alert of N200,000 payment in my UBA account, i rushed to the nearest ATM to confirm the payment, after i confirmed the payment and i went back home and send the $832 worth of Bitcoin to the client's wallet.

See they payment screen shot below;

See the screen shot of the Bitcoin i sent to the client wallet below below;

The next day been Sunday, September 13th, i went to UBA ATM located at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction) to withdraw money, the ATM kicked my card out. The following day been Monday, September 14th, i went to same UBA branch at Ebeano Housing Estate and complained, they told me that my account has been blocked for receiving fraudlent payment of N200,000. They told me that owner of the account in First City Monument Bank (FCMB) where the money was transferred from reported to his bank (FMCB) that he didn't authorize the transfer and the bank (FCMB) reported to them (UBA), that is why my account was blocked.

I explained to the Operation Manager (a woman) that the payment (N200,000) was for $832 worth of Bitcoin i sold to a client and i have already send the Bitcoin to the client wallet when i confirmed the payment, the Operation Manager told me to go and find the person that sent the money to my account. I called the client phone number (09094991664) which he used to call me on Saturday to complain to him, but the number was switched off and is still switched off up till date.

I have gone to the bank several times to resolve this problem, but the operation Manager still insist that I must provide the person that sent the money to my account, I told her that I'm willing to submit every information the client registered on my website to support their investigation but to no avail.

I have called UBA Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on +234 1 280 8822, the phone will ring with no answer. I have also sent an email to CFC@ubagroup.com, but no reply.

There was a day I tried to chat with a UBA online support agent, as soon as i submit my account details to the operator, she went offline. I tried again, the operator i connected with told me that they will look into it and get back to me, but since then I have not receive any email, text or phone call from UBA.

On Monday, November 9th, i checked my mailbox and and saw an email notification from UBA, i opened the mail and saw that an Interest of N690.82 was credited my account. Later in the day, i went to the bank to check whether my account has been unblocked, i slot in my card in the ATM and it was kicked out.

On Wednesday, September 11th, I called the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) again on +23412808822 since i am not getting any positive response from my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction), luckily for me, a lady answered my call, i provided my account details to her, she checked my account status and told me that the client "Bluehill Investment" who sent the money to my account was the same person that went back immediately and called his bank (FCMB) that the transfer he made to my account was a fraudulent transfer. She also told me that my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu have not notified them on this matter since two months, that they will contact they Ebeano Housing Estate branch and get back to me. But up till today, UBA have not contacted me in any way and my account is still blocked.

Please i need you guys advice and help on how to resolve this matter, the 200k they blocked is affecting my business because i am not longer doing Turn-over as usual.

Thank you all in advance as you halp me.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Youngzedd(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2015
Get your lawyer ready.

It's not possible to do Internet banking without login details and a token device.

You will be surprised that same person that sent the money is the same person that's reported He didn't send the money.

Even if the customer's Internet banking account was hacked, what about token device?

If the person's account get hacked, blame the account holder for his/her carelessness.

The owner of the bank account has no case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by gsalvatore: 9:54am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.
Na wa for you...They blocked his account and is cool for them to deduct money from it.

If the fault is from the customer as you said...is he supposed to take the hit?

Do you even have sense?

You are painting yourself in bad light...

Na SO I GO DIAMOND BANK TO DO MY BVN UPDATE AFTER THOSE BASTARDS HAVE BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT FOR WEEKS...AFTER QUEUING FOR 1HR PLUS, THEY NOW TOLD ME THAT MY BVN IS ATTACHED TO ANOTHER PERSONS ACCOUNT....CAN YOU IMAGINE? MY FVCKING BIOMETRICS IS LINKED TO OTHER PEOPLE...

Now tell me i'm painting The Hopeless Diamond bank in Bad light...and whose fault is it?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2015
MRLINGTON:

dis ur comment dumb die.....

dont u know d bank can plan with efcc to arrest dis guy?? d person dat reported to d bank lied cos he wants to eat hes cake nd have it...if dis matter goes to court...UBA nd FCMB will equally appear in court nd if he wins...d banks will equally join in paying him for damages
You are the dumb one here, the onus lies on the op to prove he was scammed.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2015
@OP

Sorry, you fell for a social engineer fraudster. The fault is neither from UBA nor the real owner of the account with FCMB. Actually, what happened was that a social engineering fraudster hacked into the account of the FCMB account owner (of course without the account owner's knowledge), and used his money to buy your goods. I know it will be hard for your to bear this misfortune if you made your own money through legitimate means, but you have to look beyond this lost and move on. Next time, only accept payment through paypal.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Skywalker5(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2015
GENTLETEE:
In all fairness the fault is not from UBA but from your client who I perceive to be fraudulent. Why is your client incommunicado if he doesn't know what he is up to? Get your client physically and your problem is solved!

Banks are at fault. There should should a policy that prevents this kind of fraud like the Op fell victim to. In the UK, if you wire money out of your current account, you are on your own as they will tell you nobody put a gun on your head before you transferred it.You'll have to go through a long process if you will even get your money back. They will also check if the fault was not the banks,like they got the guys bank details using a phishing scam. If you were careless with your bank details and someone else hacked your account, why blame the bank. This is why people should use credit card as the money is not yours but the banks and banks will be the one to sort the mess.

I feel there is an insider from the bank helping with this fraud
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by lazinny(m): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2015
joenaija:
Complain to bitcoin...ask them to reverse the $832 or at least blacklist him before he defrauds another person. As for UBA/FCMB, go to court and ask them to prove their case. For someone to block your account, the onus (borrowed legal term) is on them to prove the case. In fact, accuse their staff of trying to seize funds in your account fraudulently. Its either the produce the guy that gave them the instruction or they release your account. After all they are mandated by CBN to do proper KYC (Know your customer).
lol, 'complain to bitcoin'. If you know what bitcoin is and how it works u'll know there is nothing he can do to get d bitcoins back. I think I know what happened here. A scammer hacked into someones internet banking, knowing the banking system that its not that hard to trace funds and the authorities can easily catch him, he decided to instead use the persons money and buy bitcoins. bitcoins, a crptocurrency though legal is common with criminal activities because of its untraceability. The scammer will later sell off the bitcoins and get his money in cash. As it is now, it will be very difficult for you to get your 200k only if the authorities and the scam victim(fcmb accnt owner) can get the identity of the scammer. I have to admit the scammer was very smart, his scam I think has paid off (he has the bitcoins) and he now left the banks and the victims to deal with the drama.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Skywalker5(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2015
Empero1:

@OP

Sorry, you fell for a social engineer fraudster. The fault is neither from UBA nor the real owner of the account with FCMB. Actually, what happened was that a social engineering fraudster hacked into the account of the FCMB account owner (of course without the account owner's knowledge), and used his money to buy your goods. I know it will be hard for your to bear this misfortune if you made your own money through legitimate means, but you have to look beyond this lost and move on. Next time, only accept payment through paypal.

Its either the bank or the owner of the account's fault. The main question should be how did hackers get access to his account details? One of them messed up and the op is the one paying for it.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
baba u fell a victim of fraud. I was once in ur shoes on a cool friday evening I got a call from a client he wanted to buy $2000 in perfectmoney. I had just $1k plus pm so I had to rally round and get additional $1k he made payment through my payment processor then SWITCHTELLER PAY and the rest was history. I lost over 450k switchteller claimed it was a fraudulent transaction my account was closed I almost ran mad. I just stopped the business and faced other more secured business. Contacted efcc icpc who I no contact yet no meaningful response.

ur case is diffrnt from the op's own, in his own case d customer paid d money into his acct, n still went ahead calling the bank officials that d money he lodge in the acct was fraudulently transferred, even though am still trying to figure out what that means. the bank suppose to alert the authority involved to trace that caller instead of pushing the whole responsibility to this our guy.
dis guy is doing his biz, must he know who his customers are before doing biz with them?
what u mean is dat every shop owners must scrutinize and infact ask for efcc and icpc clearance from customers before accepting monies.
I dont know why things r done diffrntly in dis part of the country?
op God is with u, n he will never abandon u unless u r not truthful in ur dealings with people.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by jerryice(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2015
You have been scammed by your customer and has nothing to do with UBA

guess he even asked you to sell all your bitcoin to him. chaii

9ja i hail O

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2015
Op you have been scammed. It's as clear as day. The scammer used someone else's account to transfer the funds but when the actual owner knew about it, he reported to his bank.

The fault isn't from any of the banks. Why don't u ask yourself why his number isn't going thru anymore?
Why ain't a physical address available?
Why wld the actual person still report to his bank?
Why did he purchase that much of bitcoin?

You have been scammed.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by muyiwah666(m): 10:09am On Nov 20, 2015
Apart from the fact that this may slow down your business I don't see it as a big deal.. Contact Efcc or the Police, go to Fcmb and let them fish out the owner of the account and the person that transferred into your account. Just be sure you have the evidence of what you sold to him.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

ur case is diffrnt from the op's own, in his own case d customer paid d money into his acct, n still went ahead calling the bank officials that d money he lodge in the acct was fraudulently transferred, even though am still trying to figure out what that means. the bank suppose to alert the authority involved to trace that caller instead of pushing the whole responsibility to this our guy.
dis guy is doing his biz, must he know who his customers are before doing biz with them?
what u mean is dat every shop owners must scrutinize and infact ask for efcc and icpc clearance from customers before accepting monies.
I dont know why things r done diffrntly in dis part of the country?
op God is with u, n he will never abandon u unless u r not truthful in ur dealings with people.

There are three he's here.

The actual owner of the funds
The scammer that acted like the actual onwer (customer)
The op

The actual owner reported to his bank when he noticed the fraudulent act
The op thinks the sender is playing games by reporting to his bank of a transfer he knows nothing about
The scammer is somewhere chilling

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by fleeky(f): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2015
CACAWA:

very dumb comment.

OP, kindly take note tat your bank has the right to corporate with law enforcement agencies when financial fraud investigation is ongoing.

However, the only reason they can take back any money from your account and pay to someone else without your consent are as follows:

1. He never requested for a transaction.
2. You never sent him the good/service.
3. You sent him the good/service and he has returned it.

If the bank has any proofs of the above, tell them to send it to you. If you have proofs against the above, send it to them.

Mind you, you must meet a lawyer to write to the bank, giving them 7 working days to respond or face the law. The bank has no right seizing your money if they cannot prove the above and it is up to you to sue them and claim serious damages.

Only a fool will consider this a helpless situation. Ignore those people saying your client has scammed you. As long as the money entered your account, the bank scammed you by returning it to him without your permission or a proof that you were a fraudster.
GBAM!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by blank(f): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Empero1:

@OP

Hehehe for naija so. Na long thing any seller go dey
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by colossus2: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2015
mandy4s:

Except you are UBA promoter then i believe you read that story upside down. How is the OP painting UBA in bad light?? He is just telling us how hr has tried everything to resolve the matter which has robbed him of his business money, co-operating with all the requests of UBA and you are here talking just so that we will know you said something abi?

Personally UBA is the worst bank in Nigeria! Gawwwd how can one carry out transactions that need immediate alert for verification and receive alert 4 fvcking days after (that was my bitter experience and I almost lost the entire transaction down to their inefficiency)!!

@OP get a lawyer and sue the hell outta that bank
after all there is enough proof you have been co-operating with the since to solve this issue but they are just being haughty and insensitive to your plight which has affected your business which is your source of livelihood. Lawyers go sabi speak the english beta pass. Sorry for your misery.
Una go juz dey make noise. When it happened to you, did you sue?
Sue kor, sushi ni undecided
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by missKiffy(f): 10:14am On Nov 20, 2015
xlam01:
Yes, he has been scammed but he can get his money back.
How? sad
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Lopezway: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2015
[quote author=pickabeau1 post=40214142][/quote]

Dear OP, you made mention that the sender's phone number had been switched off since this transaction took place.Coupled with the feedback that UBA gave you, is not evident that the person you had a business with is fraudulent?Please leave UBA out of this and run to security agents to help track down this fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by james809: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2015
The op is too be blamed here. Someone placed an order for bitcoin and you didn't do KYC on the customer, knowing fully well that bitcoin is irreversible and ones gone cannot be traced. There is nothing UBA can do cos bitcoin doesn't bear customers name.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by kunletoks(m): 10:17am On Nov 20, 2015
Sorry about this, maybe u should rather accept bank deposit of payment beyond certain amount.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Ymodulus: 10:18am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2015
Bluffly:

The truth is the business can be made secured by you. All you need is not to be too profit conscious. When a request comes in as such, request for Identification documents preferably International passport data page and a passport photograph and must be verified. Ensure that a signed letter of authority of transaction should also follow likewise making sure that the account which money is coming from some with the international passport and the PM account. In fact, the clients' bank must sign the letter of authority of transaction. The business is not bad, its just that you guys do not have a measure of securing the business. Thank God that there is now BVN, ask every details before you transfer your bitcoin or PM even though you have received the Naira equivalent. Be wise

You made a point but wld a customer go thru all these simply because he wants to patronise you when there are other sellers not requesting for this and sells at the same amount. Let's be frank with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by menix(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2015
9jatatafo:

If he doesn't have the financial muscle to fight the bank or banks then how will he resolve this issue. I was thinking that using the gsm number of the person who bought the butcoin tô track him down would be easier.

If using a gsm number to track has been successful, kidnappers would be a thing of the past in nigeria...

If UBA nd Most of our useless bank re customer oriented they would fight for their customer to ensure they won't be reversing a genuine fund..
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by nigerianvenom(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:

The customer was very smart, he had to perform the transaction during the weekend. I think the customer is a fraudster

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by sabi99(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2015
ambassadorgozie:
I smell SCAM
no be only scam, u go soon smell poo
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by taiwoti(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2015
@ OP, Please forward a mail or a letter to the Consumer Protection Department of CBN, stating your grievances
with your statement of account of the said period, I promise you that within 3 days the said bank will
refund your money and they will tender an unreserved apology to that effect, if its indeed a genuine transaction then u've got yourself covered.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by monimekaz(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2015
If your can't protect your money, my guy u need a new bank .most UBA customer care are educated illiterates .Their managers especially women are articles of no commercial value .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.