Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (59563 Views)

Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by wman(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
Inasmuch as I sympathize with the OP, there is somethng to learn here so we all don't fall victims. If someone hacked into his account and used it to buy OP's bitcoins,
1) how did the hacker get "token number" because token number are sent to the owners mobile number. Its a new way to checkmate hacking activity.

2) If we are to do Online transaction like this , to prevent such occurences. Are we to ask for BVN first? What is the Plan B so pple like Op don't fall for such scam again.

Pls I need answers, its not okay to advise OP. We also need to learn. We shouldn't be Ignorant of the devices of the devil says the Holy book.

No one hacked into the OP's account.
He made the transaction himself. After the scammer deposited money into his account, the scammer asked the bank to cancel the transaction and portrayed the OP as being fraudulent.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by TalkWeb44: 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
Inasmuch as I sympathize with the OP, there is somethng to learn here so we all don't fall victims. If someone hacked into his account and used it to buy OP's bitcoins,
1) how did the hacker get "token number" because token number are sent to the owners mobile number. Its a new way to checkmate hacking activity.

2) If we are to do Online transaction like this , to prevent such occurences. Are we to ask for BVN first? What is the Plan B so pple like Op don't fall for such scam again.

Pls I need answers, its not okay to advise OP. We also need to learn. We shouldn't be Ignorant of the devices of the devil says the Holy book.

Someone that has 5 minute access to your system or your mobile devices can use it to make fraudulent transaction, Virus and phishing website can make attacker take over your system and gain access to important information needed for online transfer. If you are selling online the first thing is to identify the nature of your product, If your product is digital and is not reversible then you have to be extremely careful.

I can not buy product worth N100, 000 from any website i have not do business with in the past especially if the site is not popular brand (like yahoo, google, paypal etc). Buyer willing to risk lot of cash on your digital product might be a scammer. Ensure the name use on your site match his ID and match the name in the bank use in sending payment, check the phone line can be reached. While you are still on this verification the true owner of account might report fraud and you can help the security agencies by providing information you have gathered so far about the fraudster. Be truthful to your business, if your user is not willing or not meeting up with validation process after 3 days forward cash back to the account use for payment.

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by idupaul: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
yorke1:
Pathetic. I don't know why people are still using that rubbish bank called UBA. I prefer to put my money under my pillow to banking with UBA.

People need to learn...UBA is the worst bank in the world

Guy cool down you don't even have bankable money so just keep using ur pillow

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
wman:

No one hacked into the OP's account.
He made the transaction himself. After the scammer deposited money into his account, the scammer asked the bank to cancel the transaction and portrayed the OP as being fraudulent.

This doesn't make sense atallz, the same person who snt money to someone goes to bank to cancel the transaction & bank will just easily accept his request? Haba u sef think na! This is case of someone breaking into his acct, his acct was compromised
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
TalkWeb44:

Someone that has 5 minute access to your system or your mobile devices can use it to make fraudulent transaction, Virus and phishing website can make attacker take over your system and gain access to important information needed for online transfer. If you are selling online the first thing is to identify the nature of your product, If your product is digital and is not reversible then you have to be extremely careful.

I can not buy product worth N100, 000 from any website i have not do business with in the past especially if the site is not popular brand (like yahoo, google, paypal etc). Buyer willing to risk lot of cash on your digital product might be a scammer. Ensure the name use on your site match his ID and match the name in the bank use in sending payment, check the phone line can be reached. While you are still on this verification the true owner of account might report fraud and you can help the security agencies by providing information you have gathered so far about the fraudster. Be truthful to your business, if your user is not willing or not meeting up with validation process after 3 days forward cash back to the account use for payment.

You'v made some salient point in dealing with prospective customers considering the nature of business. Although there's no need verifying but for documentation incase things go wrong. Moreover ur suggestion of how token code can be be stolen (someone handling the phone or phising scam) is not feasible atallz. Its just a Text msg! Phising scam I know doesn't work with text only key logger can do that and if the fone isn't Internet enabled, keylogger still wouldn't work, and if someone handled the phone as u mentioned , he/she wud have been a big suspect & Interogated to the notice of the op if that was d case. So it still leaves a bg suprise how the token was stolen. Coz I dnt share the belief of some comments here that the same person who sent thecash went to lodge a complaint and had it reversed. This is a clear case of hacking
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by growrich: 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
you need to talk to a lawyer on this because UBA has no right to do so without first hearing from u.

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Naijaepic: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
get effc involve.
You have a good case. If the ID on the line and the BVN match.

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by emmydollars4life(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
Trut:
Another UBA wahala thread. I don't even know why people are still using UBA for banking.
Okay brother what you need to do is write to CBN customer service department their will enforce the Bank to take immediate action with regards to your complain, sorry i know how you feel. browse they site CBN to get the format on how to channel your report
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by adeagbeleniyi: 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
Chai... na wa o.. reading this piece made me wonder... must we blame the bank every time for our own failings? You carried out a business with a customer you do not know,
He transfers the fund to your account...
you get the alert....
but cannot access funds... why?
Because the person you transacted with contacted his bank (FCMB) to place a restriction on your account with (UBA), yet you blame UBA....

haba... plus UBA may be bursting their guts trying to resolve this issue at the background and you call them out this way.... Dia is GOD oooo...
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Xynthialuvy(f): 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
Pls,wts bitcoin?
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by finestpicks(m): 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
Pls,wts bitcoin?

Its an electric currency.You can own cash without carrying an atm card or anything,you just need to memorize your access code or something.

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Emman93(m): 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
First I will blame the oop. Do you know what happened? This transaction was made by an hacker that hacked the person account to make transaction with you.he knows that with transferring the money into bitcoin there is no way it can be traced .also the person may be from Nigeria I smell it.This is what they do ,hack white man account or credit card and use it to buy goods or any products online. That's why he created that email also to deceived you .believe me the person is from Nigeria not white man. The owner of the account make a complaint about fraudulent transaction in his/her account. What you can do is ,1 contact bitcoin with that username or the website you transferred bitcoin to.tell them everything and they will trace the user and get him for you. Don't run up and down begging Uba bank to help you because they will never reply you. If you need help you can contact me here on fb (Emmanuel Ojuloge) .I bet you the person will be caught.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ihedioramma: 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
Youngzedd:
Get your lawyer ready.

It's not possible to do Internet banking without login details and a token device.

You will be surprised that same person that sent the money is the same person that's reported He didn't send the money.

Even if the customer's Internet banking account was hacked, what about token device?

If the person's account get hacked, blame the account holder for his/her carelessness.

The owner of the bank account has no case.
truth . if the owner of the account said the last truth .
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by 6fit(f): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
colossus2:

Una plenty wen no get sense at all.
Smh cheesy

meaning alot of poeple must hav told u how clueless u are base on yur post........nomater what yur response is, admit yur cluelessness and make amend nx time
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by colossus2: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
6fit:

meaning alot of poeple must hav told u how clueless u are base on yur post........nomater what yur response is, admit yur cluelessness and make amend nx time
You can't even communicate well. Bye.
Read this post and have sense.
TalkWeb44:
If your account is compromise and hacker/scammer make a transfer from your account you have very right to contact your bank and activate charge back. FCMB activate charge back of fund and UBA prevent you to withdrawing same cash so they can send money back to FCMB.

As e-currency exchanger always note that if you want to be successful business KYC (Know Your Customer) is very important especially for first time customer who are willing to exchange / order product with higher value (Yes... hacker / spammer wants big money). Slow them down, ask for their ID , address proof and if you are in doubt refund them and refuse to do business.

If what happen to you happen to Jumia or Konga they will refuse to ship product or take police to where product was ship to initiate arrest but you can not do this, your product is virtual and from your intro you have nothing to track your customer you only do business base of phone call you receive and for the fact that you see alert. I don't think any court will sanction any bank for activating charge bark or reverse a transaction they mark as fraud, they refund cash back to your customer and you can use the information you have about your customer to get back to him and ask for your cash and if you need help from your bank to track down your customer because your business lack KYC then you have to talk to UBA and FCMB. Your request from bank is a huge favour because they also have privacy policy not to disclose banking information to 3rd party so apply wisdom while doing it.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by sonnie10: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Next time before you send you bitcoin, deposit small money (say 20 naira) into sender's account and let them confirm receipt of the money by sending you a snapshot of the 20 naira deposit confirmation alert from their phone. Do not disclose the amount you deposited.

Check if;
It is the same phone number
Time of alert
Same amount as you deposited

You may even be lucky, the real account owner might call you to know why you sent money.

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Emmau0091(m): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
I feel ur stress but ur client is the cause. U should visit Fcmb with all ur dateils plus he can be track via his account n company name.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by kinxlink(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Trut:
Another UBA wahala thread. I don't even know why people are still using UBA for banking.
UBA have just lost a customer in me. COs i no go near there to open account
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by samexycool(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
it is very sympathetic to read that you get into this kind of expensive lost through a fraudster. From your complaints, i sensed that it is not the real owner of the account that make the transfer. The scammer successfully hacked into someone's else account, uses it to purchased your e-currency fund, and he so wise up that he did it on a weekend so that the account owner cannot post complaint to his/her Bank immediately so that he can make away with your fund. I don't think the two banks involved in this transactions are to be blamed because they are only trying to comply to their terms and condition. It so unfortunate that you make such a huge transactions to an unknown customer on a weekend without trying to validate his/her identity. it a lesson for you to learnt, though in a hard way. Sorry cos i understand the damage this is causing to your business. My advice is get on your knees an pray to GOD to guide and direct you on how to get back your lost fund.....i believe he will delivers you from this huge lost.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ojosegun2011(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
You were duped. If you were the criminal the banks would have arrested you. Send a petition to the national assembly indicting the FCMB, UBA and the customer. FCMB knows its customer and it is not your duty to start looking for him.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Xynthialuvy(f): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
finestpicks:

Its an electric currency.You can own cash without carrying an atm card or anything,you just need to memorize your access code or something.
. Thanks for the answer.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by xlam01: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
missKiffy:

Lets hope the guy goes through this process then
I hope so too
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by gattoch(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hey! CBN has a department known as consumer protection unit. Write them stating your complain. They will help you.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by tynah1231: 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Plz what's bitcoin again?
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by anataala: 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
report to cbn consumer complaints management will all your evidence google cbn nigeria consumer protection dept for more details
gozaks:
To the Admin, Mods and Super Mods, please move this thread to front page. I need Nairalanders advice regarding this problem.

On Saturday, September 12th, 2015 at around 12 pm, a client with the registered name and email (Bluehill Investment - bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com) on my website called that he want to buy $832 worth of Bitcoin and he will make payment via Internet Banking, i accepted and told him to go ahead and make payment. 15 minutes later, i received an SMS and email alert of N200,000 payment in my UBA account, i rushed to the nearest ATM to confirm the payment, after i confirmed the payment and i went back home and send the $832 worth of Bitcoin to the client's wallet.

See they payment screen shot below;

See the screen shot of the Bitcoin i sent to the client wallet below below;

The next day been Sunday, September 13th, i went to UBA ATM located at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction) to withdraw money, the ATM kicked my card out. The following day been Monday, September 14th, i went to same UBA branch at Ebeano Housing Estate and complained, they told me that my account has been blocked for receiving fraudlent payment of N200,000. They told me that owner of the account in First City Monument Bank (FCMB) where the money was transferred from reported to his bank (FMCB) that he didn't authorize the transfer and the bank (FCMB) reported to them (UBA), that is why my account was blocked.

I explained to the Operation Manager (a woman) that the payment (N200,000) was for $832 worth of Bitcoin i sold to a client and i have already send the Bitcoin to the client wallet when i confirmed the payment, the Operation Manager told me to go and find the person that sent the money to my account. I called the client phone number (09094991664) which he used to call me on Saturday to complain to him, but the number was switched off and is still switched off up till date.

I have gone to the bank several times to resolve this problem, but the operation Manager still insist that I must provide the person that sent the money to my account, I told her that I'm willing to submit every information the client registered on my website to support their investigation but to no avail.

I have called UBA Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on +234 1 280 8822, the phone will ring with no answer. I have also sent an email to CFC@ubagroup.com, but no reply.

There was a day I tried to chat with a UBA online support agent, as soon as i submit my account details to the operator, she went offline. I tried again, the operator i connected with told me that they will look into it and get back to me, but since then I have not receive any email, text or phone call from UBA.

On Monday, November 9th, i checked my mailbox and and saw an email notification from UBA, i opened the mail and saw that an Interest of N690.82 was credited my account. Later in the day, i went to the bank to check whether my account has been unblocked, i slot in my card in the ATM and it was kicked out.

On Wednesday, September 11th, I called the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) again on +23412808822 since i am not getting any positive response from my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction), luckily for me, a lady answered my call, i provided my account details to her, she checked my account status and told me that the client "Bluehill Investment" who sent the money to my account was the same person that went back immediately and called his bank (FCMB) that the transfer he made to my account was a fraudulent transfer. She also told me that my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu have not notified them on this matter since two months, that they will contact they Ebeano Housing Estate branch and get back to me. But up till today, UBA have not contacted me in any way and my account is still blocked.

Please i need you guys advice and help on how to resolve this matter, the 200k they blocked is affecting my business because i am not longer doing Turn-over as usual.

Thank you all in advance as you halp me.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by BUCHOX: 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
[size=24pt]drop your email lets communicate have a solution[/size]
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by colossus2: 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dear OP, you have been silent on this thread. I wonder what kind of human you are.
You came here looking for solution and have remained mute ever since.
Well,
1. Is the money still in your account? You can use your ATM to confirm your balance.
2. On monday, go to any UBA branch and tell them to print your statement of account.

Carryout number 1 and get back to us tomorrow so we know the next step to take.
Cheers!!!
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by HrmOlolade(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
Idiataqueen:
I Dont Know What To Type
Oruko e lo roh e. Idiota
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Ekesbaba1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Trut:
If only u knew what banking is, u won't post this comment. I used to be like you, saying nothing good about UBA. The UBA you used to know is not the UBA of today. From experience, this bank presently does all it takes to provide the best customer experience. Get close and get your testimony.

For the OP, you need to know that fraud really do happen and is not a bank's fault. If not why has your client failed to pick your calls? If you feel your business is legit, contact relevant regulatory body.

Stop judging a book by the cover.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Idiataqueen(f): 7:01am On Nov 21, 2015
HrmOlolade:
Oruko e lo roh e. Idiota
broda ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101