Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,566 members, 7,820,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (59553 Views)

Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by somez(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2015
In as much as we all know uba has zero customer service acumen, they seem not to be at fault in this case. Since you are in Enugu, go quickly to efcc office around Bricks Estate, ind- layout and report for swift action. Atleast, he has an account with fcmb so , its easy to get him down. Goodluck.... Your money is coming back.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by missKiffy(f): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2015
Its so unfortunate, but you've been scammed

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by oduwani: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2015
Funny that you are not already talking to NFU on what you know about this scam.
UBA is a highly risk averse bank and until you can submit a convincing evidence, you ll be viewed as culpable.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by prinsam30: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2015
you are using UBFrauder and you want Nairalanders to help u out, my dear u Don enter one chance b dat oooo, that stupid bank no go ever help u ooo, u better go get better lawyer, sue UBA, FCMB and the company u made transaction with, that is the best solution to this matter oooo.

This online transactions, if no me dey pay for goods wey I buy, I no dey try am make I sell goods make I dey expect money from clients ooo, I no fit try am at all
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by yyeanqah(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2015
Go to dha bank now
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by engrjacuzzi: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2015
December is near the corner.... the season for scams!
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Aitee1: 9:35am On Nov 20, 2015
yorke1:
Pathetic. I don't know why people are still using that rubbish bank called UBA. I prefer to put my money under my pillow to banking with UBA.

People need to learn...UBA is the worst bank in the world

Ecobank first before them please cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2015
gozaks:
To the Admin, Mods and Super Mods, please move this thread to front page. I need Nairalanders advice regarding this problem.

On Saturday, September 12th, 2015 at around 12 pm, a client with the registered name and email (Bluehill Investment - bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com) on my website called that he want to buy $832 worth of Bitcoin and he will make payment via Internet Banking, i accepted and told him to go ahead and make payment. 15 minutes later, i received an SMS and email alert of N200,000 payment in my UBA account, i rushed to the nearest ATM to confirm the payment, after i confirmed the payment and i went back home and send the $832 worth of Bitcoin to the client's wallet.

See they payment screen shot below;

See the screen shot of the Bitcoin i sent to the client wallet below below;

The next day been Sunday, September 13th, i went to UBA ATM located at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction) to withdraw money, the ATM kicked my card out. The following day been Monday, September 14th, i went to same UBA branch at Ebeano Housing Estate and complained, they told me that my account has been blocked for receiving fraudlent payment of N200,000. They told me that owner of the account in First City Monument Bank (FCMB) where the money was transferred from reported to his bank (FMCB) that he didn't authorize the transfer and the bank (FCMB) reported to them (UBA), that is why my account was blocked.

I explained to the Operation Manager (a woman) that the payment (N200,000) was for $832 worth of Bitcoin i sold to a client and i have already send the Bitcoin to the client wallet when i confirmed the payment, the Operation Manager told me to go and find the person that sent the money to my account. I called the client phone number (09094991664) which he used to call me on Saturday to complain to him, but the number was switched off and is still switched off up till date.

I have gone to the bank several times to resolve this problem, but the operation Manager still insist that I must provide the person that sent the money to my account, I told her that I'm willing to submit every information the client registered on my website to support their investigation but to no avail.

I have called UBA Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on +234 1 280 8822, the phone will ring with no answer. I have also sent an email to CFC@ubagroup.com, but no reply.

There was a day I tried to chat with a UBA online support agent, as soon as i submit my account details to the operator, she went offline. I tried again, the operator i connected with told me that they will look into it and get back to me, but since then I have not receive any email, text or phone call from UBA.

On Monday, November 9th, i checked my mailbox and and saw an email notification from UBA, i opened the mail and saw that an Interest of N690.82 was credited my account. Later in the day, i went to the bank to check whether my account has been unblocked, i slot in my card in the ATM and it was kicked out.

On Wednesday, September 11th, I called the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) again on +23412808822 since i am not getting any positive response from my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction), luckily for me, a lady answered my call, i provided my account details to her, she checked my account status and told me that the client "Bluehill Investment" who sent the money to my account was the same person that went back immediately and called his bank (FCMB) that the transfer he made to my account was a fraudulent transfer. She also told me that my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu have not notified them on this matter since two months, that they will contact they Ebeano Housing Estate branch and get back to me. But up till today, UBA have not contacted me in any way and my account is still blocked.

Please i need you guys advice and help on how to resolve this matter, the 200k they blocked is affecting my business because i am not longer doing Turn-over as usual.

Thank you all in advance as you halp me.

U havr to tell a lawyer, the lawyer will lead u to efcc so that they can get a warrant for efcc to authorize fcmb to release details like pictures, name, address and phone number of the client that bought bitcoin from u. With that u can arrest him....case closed.

He will also pay u damages for all the money that u have spent.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Crownofwealth(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2015
get a lawyer and write a petition to the management of the bank.copy the legal department of the bank and am sure u will get a prompt response.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by xlam01: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2015
joenaija:
Complain to bitcoin...ask them to reverse the $832 or at least blacklist him before he defrauds another person. As for UBA/FCMB, go to court and ask them to prove their case. For someone to block your account, the onus (borrowed legal term) is on them to prove the case. In fact, accuse their staff of trying to seize funds in your account fraudulently. Its either the produce the guy that gave them the instruction or they release your account. After all they are mandated by CBN to do proper KYC (Know your customer).
Well said! Similar to the Advice i gave the Victim.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by midasbliss(f): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2015
ouch... sorry... the solution is easy but they will complicate everything. UBA should also report to FCMB...
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by 9jatatafo(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2015
OP UBA is not at fault, you must try and loaches the customer you sold bitcoin to so as to resolve this matter. You have been scammed
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2015
mystical109:
Not end time enough

EndTime crew, i hail thee cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.

Nigerians and ignorance. It's well I will help you. Who blocked the account? Who transmitted the message for the account to be blocked? Until this two parties are ready to resolve it nothing will happen. UBA should interface with FCMB that their claimed it's a legitimate transaction with a prove of the transaction. While FCMB is to get back to their customer on why they can't continue holding the transfer as that will produce the customer. Let them help him. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by menix(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2015
OP the best for you is to get a lawyer or report to EFCC..

Seriously, with this ur experience UBA is goin to be the last bank I will use..
I hate banks that treat their customers like trash..

Wish u re in Lagos, their Headquarters would be a better place to go nd complain..

Another thing I noticed is that most bank outside Lagos re so backward with helping customers with issue..

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by funkymoore: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2015
CACAWA:

very dumb comment.

OP, kindly take note tat your bank has the right to corporate with law enforcement agencies when financial fraud investigation is ongoing.

However, the only reason they can take back any money from your account and pay to someone else without your consent are as follows:

1. He never requested for a transaction.
2. You never sent him the good/service.
3. You sent him the good/service and he has returned it.

If the bank has any proofs of the above, tell them to send it to you. If you have proofs against the above, send it to them.

Mind you, you must meet a lawyer to write to the bank, giving them 7 working days to respond or face the law. The bank has no right seizing your money if they cannot prove the above and it is up to you to sue them and claim serious damages.

Only a fool will consider this a helpless situation. Ignore those people saying your client has scammed you. As long as the money entered your account, the bank scammed you by returning it to him without your permission or a proof that you were a fraudster.

This is fact, know more to add, candid advice from a Banker, I think if that transaction is reverse without your permission and you are not proof guilty to fraud you have 100% right to sue the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Go to FCMB and report the issue to them, put it in writing and keep a copy. If they refuse to take positive action, go back to UBA and let them know (write and official letter and keep a copy) that you are going to go to invite the police or EFCC into the matter within the next seven days. If they don't respond positively, speak with a lawyer. Your lawyer should write to UBA and copy FCMB. He should threaten a lawsuit against UBA. If they fail to resolve the issue then you guys can invite the police or EFCC. If you like you can sue UBA for damages as a result of blocking you from accessing your funds.

N.B
You must have all evidence ready. Print all information and duplicate them. Backup copies of all text messages. If you are inviting the police or EFCC then you have to prove your case very well.

N.B.2
If you be yahoo boy just forget all the above and your N200k

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2015
Although UBA is a very useless bank but I think the problem is with your customer,maybe he is trying to scam you or something.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by aftatechbiz(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2015
solidman59:
Dude is $832 equal to N200k? Just my thoughts tho
Yes. Bitcoin $1 sells for between N240-N245 and the price is never stable. Bitcoin is an e-currency used for transactions online just like perfect money, egopay, paypal etc
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by DOCTORDONE: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2015
OP, you have a very dishonest client who is trying to scam you. Please, let FCMB put a hold on the client's account. Contact the police to register your case and EFCC to investigate. I trust God that you will get your money. Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Trillyonaire: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2015
That's why I do all online transactions via email so there is documentation in case of issues like this.

Print all you have out and present your case
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by xlam01: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U havr to tell a lawyer, the lawyer will lead u to efcc so that they can get a warrant for efcc to authorize fcmb to release details like pictures, name, address and phone number of the client that bought bitcoin from u. With that u can arrest him....case closed.

He will also pay u damages for all the money that u have spent.

Brilliant idea...That exactly what the victim need to do. Since the criminal banks with FCMB, they (FCMB) should be able to provide his details with the help of the aforementioned warrant. Then, the Victim can make some cash for himself if he sues for damages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by sorepco(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2015
Write a letter to both uba bank and fmb bank. Detailing the transactions. Get a lawyer to draft yhe letter. Make sure you post it thru tnt or dhl or fedex. And post it to the head offices!!!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by menix(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2015
9jatatafo:
OP UBA is not at fault, you must try and loaches the customer you sold bitcoin to so as to resolve this matter. You have been scammed

How would he go about that, someone he never met..
Una go just they advise because u re not the one wearing the shoe..

I know of a Bureau de change that had similar issue, the bank had to initiate the investigation after placing a Lien on the account.
Sure they just blocked the OP's account without getting across to him because they feel he does not ve the financial muscle to fight back...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by gungab(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2015
chai what shall it profit a man to slap usain bolt and runaway Nemesis will catch up with such client

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by xlam01: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2015
missKiffy:
Its so unfortunate, but you've been scammed
Yes, he has been scammed but he can get his money back.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Bluffly: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
baba u fell a victim of fraud. I was once in ur shoes on a cool friday evening I got a call from a client he wanted to buy $2000 in perfectmoney. I had just $1k plus pm so I had to rally round and get additional $1k he made payment through my payment processor then SWITCHTELLER PAY and the rest was history. I lost over 450k switchteller claimed it was a fraudulent transaction my account was closed I almost ran mad. I just stopped the business and faced other more secured business. Contacted efcc icpc who I no contact yet no meaningful response.

The truth is the business can be made secured by you. All you need is not to be too profit conscious. When a request comes in as such, request for Identification documents preferably International passport data page and a passport photograph and must be verified. Ensure that a signed letter of authority of transaction should also follow likewise making sure that the account which money is coming from some with the international passport and the PM account. In fact, the clients' bank must sign the letter of authority of transaction. The business is not bad, its just that you guys do not have a measure of securing the business. Thank God that there is now BVN, ask every details before you transfer your bitcoin or PM even though you have received the Naira equivalent. Be wise
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by LoveJesus87(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2015
CACAWA:

very dumb comment.

OP, kindly take note tat your bank has the right to corporate with law enforcement agencies when financial fraud investigation is ongoing.

However, the only reason they can take back any money from your account and pay to someone else without your consent are as follows:

1. He never requested for a transaction.
2. You never sent him the good/service.
3. You sent him the good/service and he has returned it.

If the bank has any proofs of the above, tell them to send it to you. If you have proofs against the above, send it to them.

Mind you, you must meet a lawyer to write to the bank, giving them 7 working days to respond or face the law. The bank has no right seizing your money if they cannot prove the above and it is up to you to sue them and claim serious damages.

Only a fool will consider this a helpless situation. Ignore those people saying your client has scammed you. As long as the money entered your account, the bank scammed you by returning it to him without your permission or a proof that you were a fraudster.

God bless you.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by MRLINGTON(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.

dis ur comment dumb die.....

dont u know d bank can plan with efcc to arrest dis guy?? d person dat reported to d bank lied cos he wants to eat hes cake nd have it...if dis matter goes to court...UBA nd FCMB will equally appear in court nd if he wins...d banks will equally join in paying him for damages

3 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by MissSlimbody(f): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2015
@Gozaks, you probably need to upgrade your account.

Same happened to me some months back, go to your bank and complain to a customer care officer.
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Pheals(f): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2015
@gozaks tell them U are gonna Sue them.... go to the bank get bank shout @them... accuse them of not telling U your account could be block if such amount it's entering your account.... tell them your uncle is a journalist and he's willing to Wright about it, get on their shoes
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by slightlyMad(f): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2015
UBA should let the FCMB account owner be held responsible for carelessness on his part.
how can someone transfer money from your account.

once payment is made and products delivered, the careless party bears the risk.
The individual who transferred the money probably transferred it from the stolen account detail.

How come you did not smell any foul play when someone you have never met opted to transfer 200,000 naira into your account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos) / Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / How To Make 100k Profit Monthly As A VTU Airtime Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.